Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Patch Notes 6.2.2

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
edited April 2017 in Patch Notes and Hotfixes
Here are the patch notes for the upcoming 6.2.2 build (coming soon)

What’s New
  • Don’t like when you take engine damage when Test Driving your car? We don’t either, so we removed it.
  • Those pop down racer announcements annoy you when racing? Gone! (But they remain when you’re NOT racing - Bots have egos too!)
  • We heard you like more lobbies in your maxed lobby so we pimped out that lobby with two more lobbies! AKA, we added two new lobbies! New and existing lobbies are subject to change as we gather data to improve the H2H experience.
  • Speaking of lobbies, the regular multiplayer lobbies will now match the Turf War/Showdown lobby tunes. You can still join friends though. (Shout out to the Player Council and Summit for help with these last two)
  • Now everyone will know when you chicken out against a Fast & Furious racer because they’ll mock you in front of everyone!

What’s Fixed
  • Players experiencing sluggish racing due to frame rate issues should see a nice improvement! This only applies to the frame rate while racing.
  • The lobby refresh button in regular multiplayer lobbies should now work like in Turf War.
  • Taking a photo should no longer cause certain devices to crash!
  • Fouling during a test drive should no longer cause a crash!
  • Players should no longer freeze after the countdown in the lobby portion of the tutorial.
  • Fixed an issue where Racer Club wasn’t triggering rewards for players.
  • Some players were unable to purchase currency packs from the store - this should be fixed.
  • We found the world map that was lost during the tutorial and put it back.
Behind the Curtain
  • We’ve improved our bug reporting tools to better capture and fix live issues
  • We’ve employed an elite squad of nano-narks to help us detect “shadyness”. (More cheat prevention/detection)
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• DoctorDaddyDoctorDaddy Registered Users 7 Posts
    Game guardian

Other than that great write up and can't wait to see it take action

- doctor daddy yt
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    "New and existing lobbies subject to change as we gather data..."

Please expand on this. Are lobbies going to wander around until you find what works best? Oh boy..
    Please leave the 56, 63, and 68 lobbies alone. Re-tuning everything on the fly will be a nightmare.
    Hopefully I'm missing something.
    Everything else looks good.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

Please expand on this. Are lobbies going to wander around until you find what works best? Oh boy..
    Please leave the 56, 63, and 68 lobbies alone. Re-tuning everything on the fly will be a nightmare.

What will happen - you know how sometimes you build a car to 56, and in multi it lands in a 56 bracket, yet in showdown and turf it lands in a 63? That won't happen anymore. If the car is a bit to "high" on it's rating and would land in a 63 in turf, it'll land in a 63 in multi as well. Now, granted - in multi, you'll have lobby jumpers, so finding out if you are in the "right" lobby will be a bit more tedious in multiplayer....for now.....
  • Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    edited April 2017
    Nos fail error fix.

Remove the nos button and make a new nos level bar.

Nos should automatically spray when launch button activated in race. " if car is equipped with nos "
  • DesertRat68DesertRat68 Registered Users 53 Posts
    Um, what happened to the order of parts? Just went to update a tune on a Focus RS-RE and all the parts are in a completely different order. For example in Engine Internals the Valve Kit used to be first, now it's Cam Gear. And Turbo is now the 2nd category where it used to be 5th. This is going to completely hose a lot of tune sheets.
  • TWINK3PTOTWINK3PTO Registered Users 5,848 Posts
    I'm not a fan of the "new and existing lobbies [being] subject to change..." After the 5.0 update, I, as well as many other players that decided to stay, endure, and adapt with the game, had to retune larger garages of over 1,000 cars because the lobby threshold dropped from 0.9 below the lobby speed ratings to 0.49. That minute, but drastic, change required many edge-tuned cars for their respective lobbies to be retuned. Having been with the forums through that update, I witnessed a mass exodus of players that chose not to retune their larger garages.

I'm not sure if I speak for the masses, or even a majority of the tenured community that have been playing for some time, but I may not have the patience to retune 1,700 cars on my main garage to continue gameplay. If there are any updates to the existing lower lobbies, I have a feeling there may be just as large of an exodus this next time around.

Now, as for the upper lobbies, as I was watching the feed of the Player's Forum, yes, there is a need to create an additional lobby for maxed S classes topping off above the 68 speed rating lobby as competing against maxed R+ classes at 81 isn't logical. It makes maxed S classes obsolete as players waste time being challenged by unexperienced or cowardly maxed R class drivers that prey on maxed S classes for points in turf. An intermediate lobby is required in that instance as every other lower class has lobby above the car's maxed ratings they can still remain competitive in.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Game guardian

Other than that great write up and can't wait to see it take action

- doctor daddy yt

The nano-narks are on it.

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

So as this game is every expanding, ie, we keep adding more cars, lobbies will tend to get fuller and fuller resulting in something similar to the conundrum with the "max" lobby where there are just too many cars with varying degrees of rating.

We're leaving it open to adjustments. What that entails? We don't know. It's something we'll cross when needs be. What we hope to be different in, is that we'll actually be able to discuss those changes first.

To be fair though, the "Update" where we changed ratings was an accident. We fixed something that was broken, and inadvertently changed something else. Which reiterates my point that a "simple" fix in the eyes of... anybody... may not actually be that simple. This game is a very complex set of gears and cogs. Changing one may look simple, but that could affect every other cog and gear and the results may not be what you want. So when we make these big changes, we'll do our best to foresee issues with other systems and we will try and discuss major changes with the players (you all) before moving forward.

What I can't promise is that we won't make any changes to any and all aspects of the game.
    What I will promise is that we will do our best to keep you informed and in the discussion.

• zayazaywhaa5zayazaywhaa5 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 1 Posts
    Can you guys improve the rate on fixing damaged vehicles 18 hours to fix a motor is kinda ridiculous
    TWINK3PTO said:

I'm not a fan of the "new and existing lobbies [being] subject to change..." After the 5.0 update, I, as well as many other players that decided to stay, endure, and adapt with the game, had to retune larger garages of over 1,000 cars because the lobby threshold dropped from 0.9 below the lobby speed ratings to 0.49. That minute, but drastic, change required many edge-tuned cars for their respective lobbies to be retuned. Having been with the forums through that update, I witnessed a mass exodus of players that chose not to retune their larger garages.

I'm not sure if I speak for the masses, or even a majority of the tenured community that have been playing for some time, but I may not have the patience to retune 1,700 cars on my main garage to continue gameplay. If there are any updates to the existing lower lobbies, I have a feeling there may be just as large of an exodus this next time around.

Now, as for the upper lobbies, as I was watching the feed of the Player's Forum, yes, there is a need to create an additional lobby for maxed S classes topping off above the 68 speed rating lobby as competing against maxed R+ classes at 81 isn't logical. It makes maxed S classes obsolete as players waste time being challenged by unexperienced or cowardly maxed R class drivers that prey on maxed S classes for points in turf. An intermediate lobby is required in that instance as every other lower class has lobby above the car's maxed ratings they can still remain competitive in.

I have a feeling that's more of a catch all. Turf and showdown, and the ratings of cars that fall into those lobbies haven't been changed, and I don't think they will be. One of the things we brought up at the summit was the fact that you build a car, and take it into multiplayer...and find out it's 56 (as an example). You think - sweet...good to go. Then showdown or turf rolls around...and you join a lobby, only to realize your build is a bit too high, and it jumps you to a 63 bracket. That inconsistency between multi and turf / showdown is what has been addressed. This isn't a "we tweaked the rating system" again.
  • NASTYTHUGNASTYTHUG Registered Users 1,121 Posts
    Can y'all do something about the messaging in game problem....
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Finally, a performance improvement :) Just one step closer to a good playing experience
  • TWINK3PTOTWINK3PTO Registered Users 5,848 Posts
    edited April 2017
    So, if I understand correctly, Ryyst, the lower lobbies will remain consistent, but the patch will now repair the multiplayer lobby ratings to suit the correct vehicle's tune and match showdown and turf, correct?

Based on the verbiage above, it seemed that all lobbies were going to be restructured and redone (i.e. instead of 45, 50, 56, it would transition to something like 48, 53, and 58). I just wanted clarification on the "new and existing lobbies" bulletpoint.

And, expanding on the additional lobbies, will RR be specifying the threshold speed rating limit for the lobbies above 68 or will that be upon the volition of the player to discover?
  • kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    @Roush Sport any update on the nos failure when hitting perfect launch?
    @kraykrayvro That is being worked on. No ETA on the fix, but the guys at Carbonated are aware of the issue (they witnessed it while we were there)
  • kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    Word. Sounds good. One of biggest flaws in game along with hacks. Thanks for response @Roush Sport
  • Antwan1765Antwan1765 Registered Users 1,572 Posts
    Messaging is becoming very annoying, seems to only be getting worse.
    The messaging system is being worked on as well.
  • AidanrAidanr Registered Users 3 Posts
    These daily challenges are great but it would be better if yous added the old ones from like 2 years ago back in as milestones (eg. Run 9secons etc. ) these were good ..
  • icebaby760icebaby760 Registered Users 68 Posts
    u should add the pinking tourney back id love to get into that aggain

u should add the pinking tourney back id love to get into that aggain

That was brought up at the summit. It's a possibility!
  • RUSHV8RUSHV8 Registered Users 25 Posts
    Now the game is more enjoyable, it was terrible to go to a lobby and find only the 3 bots and couldn't see another lobby. Sure it is harder to find out if my car is in the right lobby when i am tuning, but this way is much better. Thank you guys.
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    Nos failure/ one annoying factor when trying to make new tunes is the rating glitch is it really hard to fix that sorry bu5 it just gets on my nerves lol
    Also this is super annoying when random people add you and then next thing ya know you have 200 friends lol I believe it should be like thus when when sending a friend request you should also get to send a message and actually have to get accepted lol like the same concept as applying for a turf team apply and you either get accepted or turned down...also you should up the friend limit and when trying to *chat/join* with a friend you shouldn't have to load their whole garage that kills a lot of time and if they have a huge garage it crashes at times :D
    DuceRee said:

Nos failure/ one annoying factor when trying to make new tunes is the rating glitch is it really hard to fix that sorry bu5 it just gets on my nerves lol

Also this is super annoying when random people add you and then next thing ya know you have 200 friends lol I believe it should be like thus when when sending a friend request you should also get to send a message and actually have to get accepted lol like the same concept as applying for a turf team apply and you either get accepted or turned down...also you should up the friend limit and when trying to *chat/join* with a friend you shouldn't have to load their whole garage that kills a lot of time and if they have a huge garage it crashes at times :D

Talked about at the Summit. They were very receptive to revamping the entire friends list and how it works.
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    @Roush Sport Nice to know I guess you guys covered some major keys also this would be a big factor for people with lot of friends ex- you know how for contacts in a phone you have a scroll option to go through by letters you guys should throw that in that would be awesome and cool
    DuceRee said:

@Roush Sport Nice to know I guess you guys covered some major keys also this would be a big factor for people with lot of friends ex- you know how for contacts in a phone you have a scroll option to go through by letters you guys should throw that in that would be awesome and cool

We covered a lot of things. I brought up every point in the "what's wrong with the game" thread...as it was my job to relay the wishes / hopes / dreams of the community.

The idea with the friends list - fix the scrolling (delete a friend, and it drops you back to the beginning of the list. If you have 150 friends and you then want to delete # 149, that's a hell of a lot of scrolling).

Add the ability to delete multiple friends at one time.

Add the ability that when someone attempts to friend you, similar to when someone tries to join a team, you get a notification, versus instance acceptance.

Change the way the interface works so that when you click on a friend, a menu opens - load garage, chat, or join. This way you don't instantly load the garage the moment you tap on someone. Some of my friends have over 1000 cars, and it takes several minutes to load, even though all I want to do is send them a message.

Those ideas / suggestions were heard...loud and clear. So, with that, hopefully we'll see new and improved friends list management in the future. I can't say what the official response was, but again...the overall idea (which was echoed by several members at the summit) went over very well, and was very well received.

So, we'll see. Patience my dear friend - patience! :)
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Fix the Forum...full site has been down for several days

• Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Launch light stays on and shifts are messed up
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Screwed up a patch

Launch light stays on....

Screwed up my turf weekend
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Why do they always release patch during or right before turf????
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi