Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Patch Notes 6.2.2

2Next

Comments

• BARRY_MCKOCKENERBARRY_MCKOCKENER Registered Users 1 Posts
    Absolutely disgusting. Seems like you guys don't even test before putting out new updates. Launch light staying on completely effects game play now. So much for turfing.
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    Thanks @Roush Sport sorry if I'm causing a hard time but why in turf is the maxed lobby only giving 650 for a crush ?That's nothing compared to 900-1k+ per crush I felt like I got cheated out so much points with all my crushes lol
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    edited April 2017

Absolutely disgusting. Seems like you guys don't even test before putting out new updates. Launch light staying on completely effects game play now. So much for turfing.

Can you elaborate on how the launch light staying lit affects your ability to drive the car, which is done by using the shift button that's on the opposite side of the screen? Not being a wiseass....I'm genuinely curious.

Why do they always release patch during or right before turf????

Try your device - see if the game runs smooth now. I'm running it on an asus tablet with android 4.4....and it runs damn near as smooth as my iphone 6s+
  • jsf20jsf20 Registered Users 170 Posts
    > @Roush Sport said:

> Can you elaborate on how the launch light staying lit affects your ability to drive the car, which is done by using the shift button that's on the opposite side of the screen? Not being a wiseass....I'm genuinely

Im sure you know how it affects the game :) its now impossible to launch a no nos car using the drop method if the car need to be launch on first light or before. Just hope its gonna be fix soon
    jsf20 said:

> @Roush Sport said:

> Can you elaborate on how the launch light staying lit affects your ability to drive the car, which is done by using the shift button that's on the opposite side of the screen? Not being a wiseass....I'm genuinely

Im sure you know how it affects the game :) its now impossible to launch a no nos car using the drop method if the car need to be launch on first light or before. Just hope its gonna be fix soon

So, instead of drop launching, why not learn the art of last second revving (opposite of drop launch)? For example, the firebird....I wait till the middle of the last light, hit the gas, and launch on green. Perfect launch 99% of the time.

Drop launching isn't the only way to launch a car. Gotta roll with the punches and learn how to work with them...all I'm saying.
    Can you answer my question please @Roush Sport
    @DuceRee Sorry, I should have answered sooner. My apologies. The long and short of it? Because the race and "crush" points are currently based on a flawed system...engine damage. That's why crushing a maxed civic is worth just as much as a class, s class, etc.

One of the things we discussed at the summit was a complete revamp of the turf system, so that it's not solely engine damage = crush points. I can't disclose how, exactly, they plan on revamping it...but I can say that it will be changed, and after the initial "screw carbonated how dare they change things" fanfare dies down, I think folks will come to like the ideas they were looking to implement.

I'm sorry I have to be so vague, but by the same token I'm sure you understand. Hope that helps / answers your question?
  • chewbacuschewbacus Registered Users 5,148 Posts
    I haven't read everyone's responses; but, one thing that I beg you NOT to do is as Ryyst mentioned: "New and existing lobbies are subject to change as we gather data to improve the H2H experience."

Please, please do not change the existing lobbies, AGAIN. People have worked extremely hard building tunes for specific lobbies and are still working to fix old tunes when the ratings changed!
    IGN: Chewbacus
    Official Middlist of Middle Men
    @Roush Sport I know it's based off of engine damage but every turf before this one maxed lobby points never been this low for a crush and I crushed a few cars within minutes and they all were super low... so now it's like what's the point of pinking more expensive cars for points when you can just max a civic out for the same amount of points ya get me?
  • chewbacuschewbacus Registered Users 5,148 Posts
    Personally, I think one of the biggest things this game needs is some consistency. I realize the world of apps/games is a very dynamic and ever changing world that needs to change to keep up with the latest and greatest games, graphics and capabilities of new technology, but some things are better left untouched that are not dependent upon graphics and technology.
    IGN: Chewbacus
    Official Middlist of Middle Men
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    What's up with the garbage 033 reaction time? I and others are experiencing this. It shows its,perfect launch and yet it's bs time.
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    > @chewbacus said:
    > Personally, I think one of the biggest things this game needs is some consistency. I realize the world of apps/games is a very dynamic and ever changing world that needs to change to keep up with the latest and greatest games, graphics and capabilities of new technology, but some things are better left untouched that are not dependent upon graphics and technology.

This is why they lost alot of revenue with all these changes. It's getting little better but I think it's too late for this game.
  • RUSHV8RUSHV8 Registered Users 25 Posts
    Can someone explain me why i got banned? This launch buttom is a pain, since my favorite cars to drive are first light drop, now i am banned....it's been a while that i pinked someone.
  • FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    I think something is up with the autoban. I was going through declining invites from teams and was informed that I had been banned from that element of the game pending administrative review. Seemed to still be able to race and all
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    They are still relatively new to how the game works guys, they'll definitely improve as time goes on
  • CoorzmanCoorzman Registered Users 54 Posts
    Daily goals aren't registering the drivers challenge races. One of my goals was drivers challenge races and went ahead and did those and they aren't showing as completed on my goals.
    IGN is G Bubs
    Co Leader of F U K A Turfcar
  • dragonflyyerbeastdragonflyyerbeast Registered Users 1 Posts
    What has happened I paid gems to repair a car it still showed itneeded repair so I rebooted the I raced a couple times repaired 2 more cars the same way went back to race the my car need to repair so I went to get one I paid gems to repair and they still showed needing repair so I rebooted then came. Back in got the car went to race and was banned
  • MARTINTEXAS2MARTINTEXAS2 Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    @Ryyst are they fixing launch light??
  • patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    @MARTINTEXAS2 next update*
  • getterdonegetterdone Registered Users 158 Posts
    Plz maybe one other suggestion about the garage would it be possible to have it like inventory with full pages of your cars that would eliminate the scroll bar at the bottom and give u a full page view of your cars as u tap one it would come up and offer the choices we have know to scroll a single line when u may have a 1000 cars takes.forever and at times u hit race or inventory on accident. Thank for listening been on my mind for a while lol have a great day
  • CaelSpringsCaelSprings Registered Users 2 Posts
    Great news you have friends, by the way such a trouble with all my friends ...

• Alex2017Alex2017 Registered Users 14 Posts
    I already opened 27 silver boxes and did not receive the 7 extra boosts when I get car designs

Please check and inform when the problem is solved so I can open more boxes
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    Alex2017 said:

I already opened 27 silver boxes and did not receive the 7 extra boosts when I get car designs

Please check and inform when the problem is solved so I can open more boxes

27 crates, so how many cars did you print out complete?
    My recent lack of crate success would tell me to expect 15-20 matte paints or stupid headlights.
  • WobbleFoot313WobbleFoot313 Registered Users 12 Posts
    Can there be a designated spot to tune? What I mean is, you go into a "tune mode", where you tune and it shows you what lobby you will ACTUALLY land in. If I tune to 45, I want it to be a 45, not a 50. I would spend money on gems to not have to wait for parts to install as I would be swapping parts back and forth to create a good tune. This would allow people to prepare for events, rather than tune during events, and lose valuable turf time. Just a thought. Love the game. Hate the difficulty/inconsistency in tuning. For instance, and I will use these numbers for the sake of easy numbers. I had a car that with a 45 lobby tune, the power to weight ratio was .1716xxxxx and it fell right in the 45 lobby. Fast but not record breaking. To maximize, I began to swap parts which gave me a new, lower p/w ratio of say, .1700xxxxx. This the same car with a lower p/w ratio, bet yet it threw me into a higher lobby?
    Doesn't make sense.