Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

6.2.2 update broken

DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
Do not do it

Launch button stays lit....

My turf weekend is screwed.

Why not do updates after turf?

Seriously
Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.

Comments

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

Do not do it

Launch button stays lit....

My turf weekend is screwed.

Why not do updates after turf?

Seriously

Let me play devil's advocate here. Granted, you made your point...and you aren't wrong. Let me say that first.

Now - considering everything this update did....and the launch button being the ONLY issue that came out of it....when was the last time an update occurred and it only had ONE bug...which is a bit minor (as you can use other indicators for timing if you are savvy) in the grand scheme of things......
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Oh give me a break @Roush Sport

Anyone not using nos is screwed over unless they have late launches. Even with that, timing is off because we are given less time to react proper.

Sure, we have to over come and adapt... But why during turf?

I don't want to spend the time or money throwing nos on cars just to be able to get my early launch down.

When you throw the standardized game mechanics into a whirlwind you are bound and determined to get a mess.

This is a mess... For many.

One bug you say?

Big bug dude... During turf of all the times as well....

Let me fix that... .....as usual.

edited April 2017

Oh give me a break @Roush Sport

Anyone not using nos is screwed over unless they have late launches. Even with that, timing is off because we are given less time to react proper.

Sure, we have to over come and adapt... But why during turf?

I don't want to spend the time or money throwing nos on cars just to be able to get my early launch down.

When you throw the standardized game mechanics into a whirlwind you are bound and determined to get a mess.

This is a mess... For many.

One bug you say?

Big bug dude... During turf of all the times as well....

Let me fix that... .....as usual.

Ok, so grab your torch and pitchfork and go burn the place down. Lol cmon man...it's one mistake. Considering everything this update changed / fixed? Add to that....I'm sure they'll have this fixed quickly, just like the supercharger turf event, and like may other things I've seen (that the public doesn't know about). Trust me when I say - Carbonated isn't f'ing around. I'm not towing the line or being a kiss ass or anything of that sort. These guys are no joke....also, bear in mind - Glu LB was 3 times the size of Carbonated. They are trying to fix the mess they were handed, all the while adding new content, making changes us Summit folks (and, through me, you guys) asked for. They have a hell of a lot on their plate.....a launch button not lighting up, temporarily, among all that? New lobbies? Done. No more popups during races for the F&F bots? Done. New content? Done. Game running smoother than it ever has since 6.0? Done. Launch light not working due to a simple mistake in the coding....mind you the button still works (if you remember the previous fiasco when it failed to do anything if you touched the lower half)....even I can allow this one mistake....which again, will be fixed soon.

It's hard to be perfect when you are given something that's broken.....something that belonged to over 100 people...and told you have to do just as much work, if not more.....with only 20 people...most of whom are pulling 70+ hour weeks to fix a game we love....I'd give them atleast a little bit of latitude. Agreed?
    Easy fix... @Roush Sport

Don't pull it during turf....!

New Content? Big deal.... 1000 new cars, paint, rims, blah blah blah... Doesn't skirt the fact that once again, it was done during turf.

Many would rather see a great running game, updates on a proper schedule, etc etc... Versus over priced crates and far to many additions that only the top $ spenders will get.

I've given a ton of latitude. Haven't complained about anything until this. This just smacks us in the face, honestly.

New stuff is bombarded down our throats on a daily basis... Yet the performance crates have had the same junk in them since day one?

There are hundreds and thousands of designs that can be used on rims... Yet they bring back old fpw to demolish garages.

No, it isn't about the money for a lot of these collectors... It's about being unique.

You can throw point after point after point at this and it all sums into one simple fact...

They did it during turf.... Again.

Sigh....I wish I could share with you the behind the scenes that I know. I really do. Maybe then, you'd have a slight appreciation for what these guys are up against. It's Carbonated's first go at this....that, and everything you've said with the crates and whatnot - that was all Glu's doing. Carbonated hasn't added anything to the game until this update....everything you've seen in the last month, despite Carbonated taking over, has been things that were already in the pipeline. Has nothing to do with Carbonated.

Yes, I agree - they pushed it during turf, and that was a misstep. No one is perfect.

That aside, I'm not going to go back and forth. Some folks on here - you could give them 10,000 gems and every car in the game, and they'd whine that it wasn't 10,001 gems and already built cars. It's sad really.

Alas - all I can say is have faith...they'll fix it as quickly as they can...just like any other issue that has come up since they took over (which, let's be fair....Glu wasn't exactly punctual in fixing things...and even when they did, it was like a bandaid over cancer).

@Roush Sport it could raining gems and I would still complain....

BECAUSE IT WAS DONE DURING TURF

You can preach all you like about what is better... I've seen it.

But they always screw up turf.

So please, quit singing praises about what is better...

You can spray a pile of crap with air freshener.... It's still a pile of crap.

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    I can't tell what they fixed because the launch light is always on.. why not test these updates before pushing them out?? I mean the launch light was instantly messed up after the latest update. If they had beta tested it once.. they would have seen the prob.. and I agree with @DdgDktaRlz why not wait until right after turf to release an update?? I haven't been able to race in my phone e since 6.0. now I cant race with my fav car on my Pc because they're all launch light drops.. i know you're gonna say "learn how to up launch". To that I say why should I have too?? When a beta test would have discovered the flaw instantly....
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
    > @aubassplayer said:
    > I can't tell what they fixed because the launch light is always on.. why not test these updates before pushing them out?? I mean the launch light was instantly messed up after the latest update. If they had beta tested it once.. they would have seen the prob.. and I agree with @DdgDktaRlz why not wait until right after turf to release an update?? I haven't been able to race in my phone e since 6.0. now I cant race with my fav car on my Pc because they're all launch light drops.. i know you're gonna say "learn how to up launch". To that I say why should I have too?? When a beta test would have discovered the flaw instantly....

I don't disagree with anything you said. I don't know why they released the update when they did. So, if they'll respond, @[RR] Ryyst, @[RR] Dupe, care to comment?
  • Andrej095Andrej095 Registered Users 6,118 Posts
    Also there was so many ties this turf on free races
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @Roush Sport I know Carbonated is working hard to fix the game. And I'm pretty sure most of the new content is to regain some lost revenue after the mass exodus after 6.0. but a lil more patience and testing would be better for the game than pushing an untested patch..
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi