Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Launch Light Issue

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Hey all, we pushed out update 6.2.2. Part of that update was some performance improvements for races. In doing that, we literally missed a word in the code which caused the launch button to always be lit. We are currently working on a fix, however, it will require another update. Will update when we have more info.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• MacDaddyJoeMacDaddyJoe Registered Users 582 Posts
    There gos the calvary.

Only ign: Macdaddyjoe
    Muscle cars are what i buy and trade for.
  • MONSTERMANMONSTERMAN Registered Users 276 Posts
    Test it before releasing it every update...
  • BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    No that make too much sense fix one thing and screw up something else i cant even launch now i think this is just wat i need to push me quit this POS game im done
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    edited April 2017
    You guys could really save a lot of drama by just testing the dam update before rolling it out. A few minutes of actual game play would have thrown a flag.
    I really enjoy the game and can get over this stuff, but the idiots that flip out all over the forum and facebook are almost more annoying than the actual broken update.
    Please, spare us.
  • CoorzmanCoorzman Registered Users 54 Posts
    People are probably flipping out because they have minimum points to make for turf. This is a pretty cool car so imagine a lot of teams are going for it.

For me, Friday night is usually my big turfing night when I get a majority of my points. I couldn't really do anything after my game automatically updated. Trust me, I tried. Everything I run in the US events are either first light drops or right as first light comes on, so it was pretty much pointless to race.

Luckily I got my minimum in the Mercedes event.
    IGN is G Bubs
    Co Leader of F U K A Turfcar
  • MARTINTEXAS2MARTINTEXAS2 Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    edited April 2017
    @Ryyst I lost 3 cars in pinks after updating I shouldnt had let my game update, at least in android I can download previous versions but on iOS you guys screwed me over and ruined theft thanks guys !
  • HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
    I believe players will volunteer to test a game patch or update before it hits the rest of us. This can save a lot of time, resources and headaches.

Please sign me up.
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Anything being done for those affected?
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    will we be able to skip this update and go right to the newer update when available?
  • Alex2017Alex2017 Registered Users 14 Posts
    I already opened 27 silver boxes and did not receive the 7 extra boosts when I get car designs

Please check and inform when the problem is solved so I can open more boxes
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    The Light issue is resolved in update 6.2.3 which is live for iOS users and we hope Android shortly.

As for the missing boosts, we will be fixing that today and reimbursements will go out shortly after
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Guess not...

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    edited April 2017

Guess not...

Cobra jets for everyone! And then, within the hour - way to kill the value of this car Carbonated!

One thing with this launch light issue....some of us, the button never lit....some of us, the button lit, and then never went out. Some, didn't have any issues at all.....
    @Roush Sport it was a simple question... Did I ask for a car? Accessories? Gems? Rrc?

Nope, sure didn't. I simply asked if anything was being done for those affected...

You and me can go round and round in this back and forth... But the dead hard truth is already out there.

They pushed the update... It screwed up a lot of people... During turf.

When I go to a restaurant and they screw up my meal.... The restaurant does something to make it better.

We have been given a lot of bad meals in the past, this weekend included... Don't know about everyone else, but I'm a little sick of having to pay the damn bill for crap food.

I've sucked it up, like many others, for a long long time. I've been in total support of all the changes. Yet the first moment I truly complain, I've got you up my rear, trying to blow sunshine.

We shouldn't have to adapt to a new way of driving because a glitch happened. Not during turf. Drop launch is the most used style of them all.

The future is sure to be brighter... It can't get much darker than it already is.

But I asked a very simple question.

If nothing is being done... So be it, we are used to getting screwed over.

• patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    @DdgDktaRlz i lost a t25 camaro re Marlboro cause light never lit up.

FML
    @pathetic

This is the crap in talking about.... Yet all we get is the same old song and dance.

"sorry, we are fixing it "

My light never turned off. Pretty much gave up on pink racing.

Yet I posted in, 3-4 topics about this issue the moment it was discovered and I got sunshine blown up my asss.

" look how great it is running, it's so smooth "

Hard to tell how smooth it is when I don't have the desire to race since one of the key mechanics to launch proper is BROKEN!

I realize I'm just a scrub racer... I don't dump 100's of dollars into the game anymore... I'm not a special tuner, fb page owner or do anything spectacular for the game or forums.

I'm the average Joe... Which is 99% of the people in this game. The biggest group which is not represented anymore... Or even looked at, talked to, considered or thought about.

The average Joe needs a voice.

@pathetic

This is the crap in talking about.... Yet all we get is the same old song and dance.

"sorry, we are fixing it "

My light never turned off. Pretty much gave up on pink racing.

Yet I posted in, 3-4 topics about this issue the moment it was discovered and I got sunshine blown up my asss.

" look how great it is running, it's so smooth "

Hard to tell how smooth it is when I don't have the desire to race since one of the key mechanics to launch proper is BROKEN!

I realize I'm just a scrub racer... I don't dump 100's of dollars into the game anymore... I'm not a special tuner, fb page owner or do anything spectacular for the game or forums.

I'm the average Joe... Which is 99% of the people in this game. The biggest group which is not represented anymore... Or even looked at, talked to, considered or thought about.

The average Joe needs a voice.

@DdgDktaRlz
    Really? That's how you feel? So what....my going to the summit and voicing my opinion on behalf of you and everyone else here on the forum that submitted ideas.....what was that? Sunshine and friggin rainbows?

You think I'm special or get some royal treatment? Let me clear that crap up for you right now....I'm no more important that you or anyone else. I'm not some special elite person, nor do I get any perks, kickbacks, rewards, etc. I do what I do, and did what I did because I like helping people. I don't have a FB group, I don't have a youtube channel, website, or anything of that sort...so if you think I'm some special person....as honoring as that is, don't....as it's false. I'm just a normal guy who, like you, joined this forums years ago. Over time as I learned the ropes of the game and saw others on here having issues with stuff I'd figured out, I reached out and tried to help. Ryyst caught wind of that, and in time, approached me about being a moderator. I accepted....completely voluntary. I don't get special perks, cars, gems, RRC, anything. In fact, the only "power" I have here is to delete and move threads...holy hell, roll out the red carpet for Roush! Fast forward to this year - Ryyst again reached out and asked if I'd be interested in attending the summit...who WOULDN'T jump at that chance? I saw that as an opportunity to get in front of the shakers and movers, and to voice the opinions of those that voice theirs on here...so I jumped on it, as again.....I like helping people. I firmly believe in treating others as I would hope....keyword....hope...not expect...hope...they would treat me.

So, what I did - that thread...the "what does this game need"...all those suggestions? Yeah...when I went to the summit...I presented them as best I could to make sure that the voice of this community, and the voice of the folks on this forum...were heard. Not sure if you watched the live twitch streams or not....but if you did, you saw it yourself. If you didn't - ask around to anyone that did - they'll set you straight.

In regards to what happened with the launch button - Like I said, I get where you are coming from. My responses to you were in an effort to try to help. Not to belittle your concern, not to blow you off, not to "hey look over here at this, it's so wonderful...nevermind the glaring issue that you've brought to light...for get that"....it wasn't any of that. The moment you and others posted about it....me, along with several other summit members were up carbonated's ass about it. If I could copy and paste the chat I'm in with those guys, I would...but I can't. But, for you to think that your concerns (or anyone else's here) don't matter and that I don't care? C'mon man. You think I'm trying to blow sunshine up your ass? You've got it all wrong bud.

To go one step further - I've asked, and in fact pleaded with the guys at Carbonated....when they are considering releasing new things (content, patches, etc) - to let us council / summit guys who have a bit more knowledge about how the game works.....allow us to test it in a sandbox (IE off of the main server....on a stand alone server specifically for testing)....and give feedback, so things like a non-functioning launch button are caught way before it gets to the public, and causes the fiasco that you and everyone else were a part of. I've done all I can do in that regard....I can beg and plead till I'm blue in the face, but in the end, it's Carbonated's call to do what they do, when they do. I defend them because I've seen first hand what they are about, and how dedicated to their cause they are. They are going to make mistakes. They are human, and crap happens. But, if you think I'm towing the line or being some kind of a kiss ass in hopes of gaining some kind of favoritism with those guys (carbonated)...again, you've got me figured all wrong.

Believe what you want, think what you want....I can't / won't tell you what you think or feel is right or wrong. It's not my place to do so. Just wanted to take the time to explain to you where I'm coming from...nothing more, nothing less. Take care.

@Roush Sport I like you.
    edited April 2017
    @Roush Sport you look to deep into things.

Never mentioned anyone in being great or better or privileged...

All I said, was that I had sunshine blown up my asss.

Said that I am not anything special.

But what ever... I'm done arguing with a puppet

@Roush Sport you look to deep into things.

Never mentioned anyone in being great or better or privileged...

All I said, was that I had sunshine blown up my asss.

Said that I am not anything special.

But what ever... I'm done arguing with a puppet

Too deep into things? Really? I take the time to answer your concerns directly and honestly, and you come back with more insults?

Never mentioned anyone in being great or better or privileged? And, I quote " I realize I'm just a scrub racer... I don't dump 100's of dollars into the game anymore... I'm not a special tuner, fb page owner or do anything spectacular for the game or forums.
    I'm the average Joe... Which is 99% of the people in this game. The biggest group which is not represented anymore... Or even looked at, talked to, considered or thought about. " Not represented? Did you even read my post? Take a moment and read it again.

You really have no idea what the hell you are talking about when it comes to people here being represented and their voices being heard. Don't take that the wrong way - that's not an insult. That's a fact.

But, in the end...all is well that ends ok, so I'll end this with a handshake.....have a nice day.
  • Mr__Ryan352Mr__Ryan352 Registered Users 2,089 Posts
    I agree with @Roush Sport Its a new company, with an old game. Give it time. @DdgDktaRlz
    IGN: Turboracer352
  • shankshank Registered Users 1,828 Posts
    @Roush Sport chill down bro but i think little gift for compensation will help..

dont always look through carbonated/glue's end (whichever case maybe)
    i totally understand they r new n it will take time..

but hw u look at this thing

upto Thursday game is fine ... we r ready to hit a turf road..

Friday turf started n update comes lol n screw drop launchers .. lol m one of them n u know what if u r running for car u will understand hw difficult to put points on board... it was more work than every other day ....

they could hav w8 till monday but they didnt lol hw would u explain this n this iis nt the first time they did this..

with due respect i understand their point of view n m not bitching abt it but they need to compensate for their mistake thats my point of view
    n again m not bitching abt cobra jet cause it is cloned car but i bitch abt rs re cause we kik our a.s.ses to get a t100 position n everyone receives a car lol that makes us dumb think abt it ...

u need to represent us to carbonated dont represent carbonated to us .. i maybe wrong but few post i read i feel like u t taking too much their side lol

n again i can understand n i am understanding their point of view just their bad decision screw us again and again n again ..
    which leads me to voice out ma opinion think abt it

i like u as a person not a gay way lol but i still think they need to improve their decision power
    > @shank said:
    > @Roush Sport chill down bro but i think little gift for compensation will help..
    >
    > dont always look through carbonated/glue's end (whichever case maybe)
    > i totally understand they r new n it will take time..
    >
    > but hw u look at this thing
    >
    > upto Thursday game is fine ... we r ready to hit a turf road..
    >
    > Friday turf started n update comes lol n screw drop launchers .. lol m one of them n u know what if u r running for car u will understand hw difficult to put points on board... it was more work than every other day ....
    >
    > they could hav w8 till monday but they didnt lol hw would u explain this n this iis nt the first time they did this..
    >
    > with due respect i understand their point of view n m not bitching abt it but they need to compensate for their mistake thats my point of view
    > n again m not bitching abt cobra jet cause it is cloned car but i **** abt rs re cause we kik our a.s.ses to get a t100 position n everyone receives a car lol that makes us dumb think abt it ...
    >
    > u need to represent us to carbonated dont represent carbonated to us .. i maybe wrong but few post i read i feel like u t taking too much their side lol
    >
    > n again i can understand n i am understanding their point of view just their bad decision screw us again and again n again ..
    > which leads me to voice out ma opinion think abt it
    >
    > i like u as a person not a gay way lol but i still think they need to improve their decision power

They made a mistake. Point blank. They released an update that was bugged, and released it at a bad time. Mind you - this update was the first "big" update by Carbonated. So, screwing you again and again? When Glu ran the show...sure, I agree.

Carbonated literally just got into the drivers seat, and are untangling the mess they were handed.

The worst part? My game was messed up, just like yours and others. Yet, in spite of that, I managed to adapt and roll with it. Add to that the fact that I, along with every other council / summit member were up Carbonated's rear about fixing it (which they did in a day...it was delayed release wise due to powers beyond their control...ahem android and apple). Should it have not been an issue in the first place? Absolutely...but there is could have, would have, should have...and then there is what is.

I need to represent you to Carbonated? You have no idea just how much of that I actually do. The majority will never see / know what has been done by us players (council, summit, etc) in an effort to improve the game.

Tell ya what...you (or anyone) want to represent the community to Carbonated? Be my guest. Do what I did..frequent the forums. Reach out and help people. Reach out and introduce yourself to dupe, grafalgar, and the other Carbonated staff. Get a repoire going with them. Let them see that you care about the forum, the community, etc. Do your best to get invited to a future summit. Attend, and voice the concerns of "the 99% who think they are ignored". Enjoy it, and "everything" that goes with that responsibility.

Best of luck in your efforts...and when you bust your @ss trying to take care of people, and those very same people turn around and spit in your face...maybe then you'll think back and be like "Dang, now I see where Roush was coming from".

Take care!
  • Mr__Ryan352Mr__Ryan352 Registered Users 2,089 Posts
    This guy ^ I'd listen to him. Hes got himself a nice brain.
    IGN: Turboracer352
  • shankshank Registered Users 1,828 Posts
    edited April 2017
    @Roush Sport u take it a wrong way lol i never say u didnt do g8 job there lol ....

did i said .. oh w8 ... did i..? i dont think so..lol

So chillax lol yup they screw this time n u can agree with me ....
    and as i say i can understand their point of view already told u...

but
    driver is old or new accident is a crime n u hav to compensate for damage done by u lol

u take it personally i didnt meant to lol take it easy n enjoy
    i still think they need to improve their decision power lol

with due respect n regards,
    shank
  • Psyhco124Psyhco124 Registered Users 1 Posts
    They should add the old song when the game barley came out it was very more better the. The one ou ave right now plz change it