Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Exploitation Bans

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
edited April 2017 in The Carbonated Garage
Hey all,

Over the past few weeks a new exploit has been making it's rounds within the community. Since it was reported, we investigated it and studied its impact and what exactly it was doing. We then set out to come up with a way to weed out the players using these types of exploits and what kind of actions we should take.

So, since last week, we have been banning players every day for using this exploit. While we won't be specific as to what the exploits are, I will say, you probably shouldn't try and use third party programs (programs that run in conjunction with Racing Rivals) to try and give yourself an unfair advantage over your opponent.

These bans come in two steps. Your first offense will cause you to be banned for a couple of weeks. If after that ban is lifted you are found exploiting again, you will be permanently banned which means that we will not lift the ban from your account... for... ever.

We are also still tweaking our detection methods, so if you believe you are innocent, please contact Customer Service for a review of your activities.

We are committed to making sure that the playing field is even and fair to all our players and that its all about the race.

~ Ryyst
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev13

Comments

• 2INURPINk2INURPINk Registered Users 18 Posts
    well i dont know whats going on. but ive loosing pinks. after completely blowing away the racer, after very long pause for results i end of loosing.. it's almost like the results are reversed
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    I love how Carbonated has been so top of everything that has came there way thus far, it is a great step in the right direction and it shows they do care.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    2INURPINk said:

well i dont know whats going on. but ive loosing pinks. after completely blowing away the racer, after very long pause for results i end of loosing.. it's almost like the results are reversed

That's one of the effects of the 3rd party software.
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Ban those 3rd party app users for good. They are stealing car's with it.
  • patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    Nice, now to tackle GS. Which is also players using an exploit for an unfair advantage. No difference then GG. Just don't have to use a second hand program or apk.
  • DJBOOSTEDDJBOOSTED Registered Users 2 Posts
    My game has been randomly stopping just after it loaded, and this is after I installed the last updated?
  • KevoKevo Registered Users 30 Posts
    Good hope it catches all those cheaters !
  • RUSHV8RUSHV8 Registered Users 25 Posts
    Yes, it is nice of you guys take an attitude about that. But i still want a reasonable explanation on why i got banned. I am from Brazil, a country that have one of the worst internet in the world (you can google that, it is true!) and sometimes i may cause lag to the guys, but it is not my fault. I can't open a second app on my device since it will make my fps sharply drop. Still wainting for awser in the costumer service.
  • DeynnispDeynnisp Registered Users 123 Posts
    Still getting GG usage in max very much. Juat today lost max 787 against Nissan roc where the entire race i was ahead. Have video to prove it. This is getting.old fast..
  • omargonzalezquilesomargonzalezquiles Registered Users 3 Posts
    Nice first step in the right direction. Next thing to tackle is the Game Guardian users.
  • [RR] Dupe[RR] Dupe Moderators 21 Posts
    RUSHV8 said:

Yes, it is nice of you guys take an attitude about that. But i still want a reasonable explanation on why i got banned. I am from Brazil, a country that have one of the worst internet in the world (you can google that, it is true!) and sometimes i may cause lag to the guys, but it is not my fault. I can't open a second app on my device since it will make my fps sharply drop. Still wainting for awser in the costumer service.

If you feel like you were caught in the net unfairly - please contact customer service by clicking the (?) in the top right header bar while in game.
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    Great news to give you guys a head start review the whole scamcrowracing crew they are a popular turf team but I raced them many times in turf and every time it was a rt of .001 like really once is nothing to think about but when you see it often in one turf all of a sudden it rings a bell...so I went and asked my teammates and the ones that raced against them they said they also had an rt of .001 which is a little off tbh
  • blackOne9850blackOne9850 Registered Users 5 Posts
    By all mean, what is the meaning of "the third party user"? using from internet google? see url
    www.androidappsgame.game.com
    RUSHV8 said:

I,m also been banned for no reason

@blackOne9850 do you play on a PC using an emulator?
    pathetic said:

@blackOne9850 do you play on a PC using an emulator?

nope..using samsung tab 4 only
  • RUSHV8RUSHV8 Registered Users 25 Posts
    [RR] Dupe, I already contacted the customer service but still didn't receive any return. I am absolutelly sure that is the problem and i fell very harmled since i am a Team leader and got banned in the middle of the turf. You guys can verified my account, i have nothing to hide.
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    pathetic said:

Nice, now to tackle GS. Which is also players using an exploit for an unfair advantage. No difference then GG. Just don't have to use a second hand program or apk.

After much arguing.. I've come to terms with ghost shifting. To me someone using ghost shifting is trash and has to abuse the game in a way it wasn't intended to be used to gain an unfair advantage over other racers who they are scared to man up to in a head to head race in a respectful manner.

That being said, ghosting and using a 3rd party program like GG are in no way the same thing. Ghosting is a mess up in the original code of the game that allows certain cars to shift over gears making the vehicles faster. Using a 3rd party app like GG is knowingly changing the way the game is played and how the game runs on your device to gain an unfair advantage.

I'm with you though, I'd love to see Carbonated go after Ghosting.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    "To me someone using ghost shifting is trash and has to abuse the game in a way it wasn't intended to be used to gain an unfair advantage over other racers who they are scared to man up to in a head to head race in a respectful manner."

I have to ask if ghost shifting is abuse and was never intended to be part of the game. Then why do the release and make cars that are made to be ghosted? Example the 2017 Dime gt, 1970 Camaro re, Gto re ect. Ect.
    @JohnKIV they aren't ever made to be ghosted. It is an exploit. Point blank
  • holeshotcars88holeshotcars88 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I'm still banned all was doing moving my car .i found out there a limited on how many I can move .cars Iv brought now gorn
  • DoctorDaddyDoctorDaddy Registered Users 7 Posts
    I have also been banned for no reason.... wait no I haven't m. I am not banned because I don't cheat! Maybe you pathetic kids should try it

- Doctor Daddy
  • holeshotcars88holeshotcars88 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I was sick of people asking for cars .i spending money on this game. Iv never cheated
  • WANNABEBUILDERWANNABEBUILDER Registered Users 1 Posts
    All of you are cryin and complaining because you cant gs like some of us. IT just takes practice. if glu didnt want it there they would of fixed it years ago! Stop cryin and get to practicing!
  • FLYINBRIFLYINBRI Registered Users 6 Posts
    The ghost shifting comes up once in a while. It has been explained in posts many times. It is not in anyway a cheat. A car has to be tuned correctly to do it and if not done correctly there is no advantage. Tuning and driving a ghost shift car is no different than figuring out whether a certain car needs nos, turbo or s/c. Where's the advantage? Players know which cars are capable and try to use it to their advantage. Do you use turbo in your tune if you know it gains an advantage? Do I call you a cheater if I didn't know that and chose s/c instead? What's the difference. If you simply choose to dislike gs and think it's cheating, don't race cars capable of it. If I gs a jetta against another gs jetta there is no advantage. If I chose to race a jetta and I am not ghost shifting I am a fool. So I say to those who don't like it; be careful out there. There are other advantages out there too like light weight rims.
  • rolocastrorolocastro Registered Users 62 Posts
    edited April 2017
    Some weeks ago, maybe a month I started to play in a device that runs an Android version developed by the goverment I'm from Venezuela, This device is Called "Canaima" and also the software that not allow to start "Google Play services" so I downloaded the App from the official store for this device called "BAZAR CANAIMA" and linked my session to my facebook account. I wonder if this is the reason for my ban
  • MoeezShahMoeezShah Registered Users 2 Posts
    This guys just hacked my Facebook account from Philippines and stole these cars out my account
    What can you guys do about this please help as those were the cars I mostly used.

Including
    Lamborghini veneno
    K1
    Konisegg agera
    BMW gt3 x2
    Rwb Stella
    Rwb rough rythm
    Nismo gtr
    Ford Focus Rs Re x2
    Pagani Huayra x2
    Hoping to see my cars back in my garage please
    And hope for justice
  • MoeezShahMoeezShah Registered Users 2 Posts
    edited April 2017
    > @MoeezShah said:
    > This guys just hacked my Facebook account from Philippines and stole these cars out my account
    > What can you guys do about this please help as those were the cars I mostly used.
    >
    > Including
    > Lamborghini veneno
    > K1
    > Konisegg agera
    > BMW gt3 x2
    > Rwb Stella
    > Rwb rough rythm
    > Nismo gtr
    > Ford Focus Rs Re x2
    > Pagani Huayra x2
    > Hoping to see my cars back in my garage please
    > And hope for justice

All maxed cars and million dollars RR cash
    I'm a visa card holder and have been using card for diamond's and all those cars cost me over $300 in my country
  • andrewhawkinsandrewhawkins Registered Users 11 Posts
    Im happy because my screen is so bad that i cant ghost shift i tried but i cant
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    I agree. GS is NOT cheating. It just gives a little more depth to a game which essentially boilers down to tapping buttons. It's not easy. I'm not even very good at but working on getting better. If guys can find and master GS tunes it's not cheating, it's just being good at the game.