Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Hello RR community members!

124Next

Comments

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Lol...game is a bit of an undertaking huh? ;)
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @Roush Sport with as much as it's screwed up. I'm sure it is...
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    Wtf did you do with @[rr] ryyst ?

I go get my pitchfork :₩
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Yeah!

Wait what?
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    We need you boss. Without you us CIE boys are a dying bred. Your the only top dog left. Only one that's been here for us. We drug you through the dirt. Doged you, praised you , doged you again. Yet you've always stood up for us. Even if it was to be shut down and you had to tell us how it was going to be. You still fought for us. Ty for all the years, sorry for all the grief chief. Stand up guy you are.
    @[RR] ryyst

~ DWD
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    This game still need some dove, extra luv
  • getterdonegetterdone Registered Users 158 Posts
    Everything is looking good just a few more twieks here and there and it will be right on track good job to everyone involved,and keep up the good work thanku
  • tnfordguytnfordguy Registered Users 11 Posts
    So I'm just going to throw this question out here and see what happens.

Recently lost a tuned and customized civic si re during a game crash in a pinks race. Support was nice enough to shoot the car back to me, but it was minus the tune, Honda crate paint and 5-6 sets of crate wheels I had installed.
    The last car I had restored for. Similar reason was returned exactly as it was lost. Why was this one not?
    Support says they have never returned a car with all customization, but I know better. Where is my incentive to spend my money in this game on crates for inventory when I may lose a car in a game crash and then not get it back with all the stuff I paid for?
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    tnfordguy said:

So I'm just going to throw this question out here and see what happens.

Recently lost a tuned and customized civic si re during a game crash in a pinks race. Support was nice enough to shoot the car back to me, but it was minus the tune, Honda crate paint and 5-6 sets of crate wheels I had installed.

The last car I had restored for. Similar reason was returned exactly as it was lost. Why was this one not?

Support says they have never returned a car with all customization, but I know better. Where is my incentive to spend my money in this game on crates for inventory when I may lose a car in a game crash and then not get it back with all the stuff I paid for?

Bottom line - don't risk it if you aren't willing to lose it. So many variables can happen during a pinks race....if you aren't ok with accepting a loss (even if the loss is due to circumstances beyond your control), don't risk it.
  • tumpiwayutumpiwayu Registered Users 2 Posts
    Dear min..Hell me please.. i dont know my account have been banned.
    Pleasee..
  • forestgforestg Registered Users 36 Posts
    Hey gentleman. A teammate came up with a good idea.  What about the rocket bunny for Easter?  Option to buy.  
  • EfglizzyEfglizzy Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    So are we all jus gonna forget about racing rivals. We must take a stand and take back whats ours seriously!!! Whats going on. We need racing rivals back the old RR ive been playing for years this is the first forum ive ever made in my life . we must take a stand!!!!
  • DirtyE_30DirtyE_30 Registered Users 2 Posts
    How come racing rivals doesn’t re Launch and come out with a battle pass
  • FAST_FREDDIE001FAST_FREDDIE001 Registered Users 94 Posts
    Efglizzy I hear ya. It's going to be up the the makers of the game. They were, well..... in CHA-CHING! and a lot of it. I'm in business myself, and doing some simple (conservative) math, even after 7.0, the flow had to be quite healthy. They made a bad choice with 7.0. So then there was a dip in cash flow. business partnerships are tough especially if there is one exceeding greedy. personally from being shafted in partnerships before, I think the real troubles were internally. nothing to do with game popularity or cash flow. 7.0 would have happened a lot differently if they just polled what we wanted, or at least no one ever asked me and I was playing from the beginning. The problem I see is, they are in a standoff. No one has attempted to build off the RR platform, so I tend to think the rights are legally tied up. RR! Get over your selves.....
    IGN Ecoboosted TT