Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Turf War New York!

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Turf Wars New York!
Prize Car: BMW M3 RE
Year: 2015
Class: R

Events:
Day 1: Nissan
Day 2: RWD
Day 3: Turbo

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
  • ScAMerzBewareScAMerzBeware Registered Users 6,301 Posts
    got emmmmmmmmm @pathetic
    IGN: s t 0 n 3 d
    Battle For The Trap

• eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    pathetic said:
    Don't bother me none, the whole reason we started the events posting early was to help the community prepare for the turf events ahead. Carbonated has way more reach then I could have ever have dreamed and although I was upset at first in the long run this is all for the best interest of the game and it's community. When you think about it what VGU did gave a chance to people like me who work 5-6 days a week and that have kids and have hardly any time to build a chance to compete. Now Carbonated will give that same chances to hundreds/thousands more then I could have ever done with the website or with the YouTube channel. More power to them and the team at VGU can say mission accomplished after 2 and a half years of dead on events with the exception of that ONE week we were dead wrong.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
    edited April 2017
    @eXxPLoSiOn dont forget that little fee. You made a killing off RR. Of course it hurts. Your videos are still informative.

For all you have done . ty
    pathetic said:

@eXxPLoSiOn dont forget that little fee. You made a killing off RR. Of course it hurts. Your videos are still informative.

That little fee, went towards buying hosting for the next decade. Covering the name license for this site and the old RRU site as well as a few others we are working on. It also went towards the purchase of actual licenses so that we are using legitement versions of the software that we need to continue making awesome stuff for our readers, viewers and subscribers. And honestly I'm a dad of 3 kids, I coach two baseball teams and work a full time job all the while building and maintaining a few websites for customers on the side. If I made a few bucks for all the work I put in for 2 and a half years then who are you or anyone else to shame me for it. The site will continue with content for the RR game and others for as long as it's paid to be up.

As for a killing.. hardly. You nor anyone else knows what was made or what was lost. And I can assure you at first it was a bit upsetting but when you sit back and realize what you have done for 2 and a half years will now be done to reach even more people then you ever could for the same reasons why you originally did it... it's something you can live with and accept without issue. So much like how you don't know anything about my finances you also know nothing of my feelings towards all of this.

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • alex070504alex070504 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Ryyst I belive the reason for these same events every week might be to help the beginning players but damm every week seems to be the same I play this game for the competition I love racing these guys and gals but it's turned into a svt fest all you have to do is build a bunch svt and race I'm bored as heck I have over 1400 cars I just don't need anymore they just sit there with all the choices you have there will always be those that critic's like I'm doing but make the game more challenging these events only help the self crushers I have been racing 3 years have over 115k total races and I can tell you I'm bored thank you
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Finally, I have been waiting for Ryyst to do this forever now. But at the same time it doesn't help RRU, does it?
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Ryyst I belive the reason for these same events every week might be to help the beginning players but damm every week seems to be the same I play this game for the competition I love racing these guys and gals but it's turned into a svt fest all you have to do is build a bunch svt and race I'm bored as heck I have over 1400 cars I just don't need anymore they just sit there with all the choices you have there will always be those that critic's like I'm doing but make the game more challenging these events only help the self crushers I have been racing 3 years have over 115k total races and I can tell you I'm bored thank you

We've got a bunch of new events in the pipeline, just wait and see!
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

@eXxPLoSiOn really I don't gve a f about your feelings. Pretty much f your feelings. I said ty for all you have done. Or did your forget to read that part? That is me, not liking you one bit, telling you ty for all you have done for the community.
    Now except the dang compliment dangit. Cause its true. Like you or not your page has done more than most. Again , thanks

It's really a double edged sword when you think about it. While you say that having similar events weekly helps the self crushers the truth of the matter is that having similar events every weeks helps the normal players more then it does the self crushers. What most don't realize is that literally overnight a self crusher can have a few hundred cars built and ready to be fed to them. A lot of people don't remember but when the self crushing was at it's worst was when events were dropping on Thursday. What would happen is that the teams that would self crush would wait till Thursday to get the events and then spend all night Thursday and all day Friday building for Saturday and Sunday. So while the lead teams would have a big lead it was never enough to withstand the self crushing armada that would blow them out of the water. This is what led to so many teams having broken spirits and not wanting to even bother competing because teams could come back without breaking a sweat and eventually steal first place.

Finally, I have been waiting for Ryyst to do this forever now. But at the same time it doesn't help RRU, does it?

What is best for RRU is of no concern of anyone at Carbonated. This was done in the best interest of the community and it's a great thing to see.
    pathetic said:

@eXxPLoSiOn really I don't gve a f about your feelings. Pretty much f your feelings. I said ty for all you have done. Or did your forget to read that part? That is me, not liking you one bit, telling you ty for all you have done for the community.

I must have missed that, on this thread all I see is "ouch" and you talking down on the fee we charged. If you said it some where else then the post is relevant to that post. I don't really keep track of what everyone says on every post. I'm sure you don't either.

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • alex070504alex070504 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Ryyst thank you for your reply I really appreciate it and exxplosion if you read my post I said it was mostly for beginning players and if you think it doesn't help the self crushers you crazy for me anyone can self crush all they want all I am saying is as a older guy I would like to see different events for fun raving the same cars every week is boring and the building you talking about before we had 1 real team rivals warriors they were the best hands down heck last couple of weeks you needed 1.2 mill just for fifth begone 900k you solid top 3 like I said this is my opinion and thank you ryyst for the reply I will wait for new events thank you
  • 2thpic2thpic Registered Users 188 Posts
    "TOP FOOL DRAGSTER TURF"

• 2thpic2thpic Registered Users 188 Posts
    MINI COOPER