Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Exploitation Bans

Comments

• eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    JohnKIV said:

"To me someone using ghost shifting is trash and has to abuse the game in a way it wasn't intended to be used to gain an unfair advantage over other racers who they are scared to man up to in a head to head race in a respectful manner."

I have to ask if ghost shifting is abuse and was never intended to be part of the game. Then why do the release and make cars that are made to be ghosted? Example the 2017 Dime gt, 1970 Camaro re, Gto re ect. Ect.

pathetic said:

@JohnKIV they aren't ever made to be ghosted. It is an exploit. Point blank

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    FLYINBRI said:

The ghost shifting comes up once in a while. It has been explained in posts many times. It is not in anyway a cheat. A car has to be tuned correctly to do it and if not done correctly there is no advantage. Tuning and driving a ghost shift car is no different than figuring out whether a certain car needs nos, turbo or s/c. Where's the advantage? Players know which cars are capable and try to use it to their advantage. Do you use turbo in your tune if you know it gains an advantage? Do I call you a cheater if I didn't know that and chose s/c instead? What's the difference. If you simply choose to dislike gs and think it's cheating, don't race cars capable of it. If I gs a jetta against another gs jetta there is no advantage. If I chose to race a jetta and I am not ghost shifting I am a fool. So I say to those who don't like it; be careful out there. There are other advantages out there too like light weight rims.

Light weight rims were put in the game to give a user an advantage. Ghost shifting was not meant to be in game and gives an unfair unintended advantage to those who have learned how to abuse this glitch in the game.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    I disagree. I think it's the only way to mess with gear ratios in the game and the only real point of the dyno graph. eliminating it would actually be beneficial to me from a scoring and pinking perspective, but personally I think it adds depth to the game.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @rogerthetodger so my 1650 charger se runs 8.7. no gs, not my fault they messed with code. So it's ok for me to go pinking in a 50 lobby right? Since I'm not using a hack or any thing other than the game itself......
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • fauzi81fauzi81 Registered Users 5 Posts
    hi admin
    why my account is BANNED?
    I have never used illicit applications
    if only because I showed no reaction time to play, because I play on the computer BlueStacks.
    I have video recording as evidence.
    plsss... unbanned my account
  • FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    Perhaps you transferred too many cars ^
  • FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts

I agree. GS is NOT cheating. It just gives a little more depth to a game which essentially boilers down to tapping buttons. It's not easy. I'm not even very good at but working on getting better. If guys can find and master GS tunes it's not cheating, it's just being good at the game.

But gs is tapping buttons also so what's your point
  • fauzi81fauzi81 Registered Users 5 Posts
    please unbanned me nickname = ch1keenn

I do not make mistakes
    please return my account
    I only play in the blustack

https://youtu.be/8RkbgEMxDBI
  • JeffreyGomes175JeffreyGomes175 Registered Users 4 Posts
    fauzi81 said:

hi admin

if only because I showed no reaction time to play, because I play on the computer BlueStacks.

You tell GLU what problem banned
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    For what it's worth - playing on an emulator isn't supported, and is frowned upon. Best bet is to play on a device that the game is intended to be run on - smartphone, tablet, etc.

For what it's worth - playing on an emulator isn't supported, and is frowned upon. Best bet is to play on a device that the game is intended to be run on - smartphone, tablet, etc.

There is no reason for anyone to frown on them anymore. Most cell phones are as powerful as most normal computers that emulators would be ran on. You can be just as consistent on some of the new age phones and tablets as you could be on any emulator. The ones that are really crying foul over emulators are the ones that are getting out ghosted and having their butts handed to them by people who can shift more efficiently with mapped keys.

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • CAMSPRINCE835CAMSPRINCE835 Registered Users 1 Posts

RUSHV8 said:

Yes, it is nice of you guys take an attitude about that. But i still want a reasonable explanation on why i got banned. I am from Brazil, a country that have one of the worst internet in the world (you can google that, it is true!) and sometimes i may cause lag to the guys, but it is not my fault. I can't open a second app on my device since it will make my fps sharply drop. Still wainting for awser in the costumer service.

I,m also been banned for no reason

me too banned for no reason and still waiting for response from glu customer care I complained via in game by clicking (?) Button but still got no response from glu customer care
  • blackOne9850blackOne9850 Registered Users 5 Posts

RUSHV8 said:

Yes, it is nice of you guys take an attitude about that. But i still want a reasonable explanation on why i got banned. I am from Brazil, a country that have one of the worst internet in the world (you can google that, it is true!) and sometimes i may cause lag to the guys, but it is not my fault. I can't open a second app on my device since it will make my fps sharply drop. Still wainting for awser in the costumer service.

me too banned for no reason and still waiting for response from glu customer care I complained via in game by clicking (?) Button but still got no response from glu customer care
    They should unbanned me by today 27 april. butt...stiillllll.....ban. Has been 2 weeks alreadyy.
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts

@rogerthetodger so my 1650 charger se runs 8.7. no gs, not my fault they messed with code. So it's ok for me to go pinking in a 50 lobby right? Since I'm not using a hack or any thing other than the game itself......

It won't drop into the 50 lobby for Showdown or Turf, but I do use mine for tournament. Like you said, it's not my fault it's glitched and to be fair the F40s have a fair chance if you make one little mistake.

But gs is tapping buttons also so what's your point

It's also about the tune and using the dyno graph, and it also increases the difficulty of the button tapping.

I'm not actually very good at it at all, but I am practicing.

• andrewhawkinsandrewhawkins Registered Users 11 Posts
    I found a hacker with the slow mo glitch his ign is nos can 7877 and i find him on tournaments i lost everytime with my evo btr when i raced with him because he used a speed hack because i saw him with his 2017 gt dime racing gt3 blasting away when i was in the lead with a very big distance between us and he light lagged me for a fraction of a second
  • didisaifullah24didisaifullah24 Registered Users 10 Posts

fauzi81 said:

hi admin

You tell GLU what problem banned
  • didisaifullah24didisaifullah24 Registered Users 10 Posts
    > @eXxPLoSiOn said:
    > "To me someone using ghost shifting is trash and has to abuse the game in a way it wasn't intended to be used to gain an unfair advantage over other racers who they are scared to man up to in a head to head race in a respectful manner."
    >
    >
    >
    > I have to ask if ghost shifting is abuse and was never intended to be part of the game. Then why do the release and make cars that are made to be ghosted? Example the 2017 Dime gt, 1970 Camaro re, Gto re ect. Ect.
    >
    > @JohnKIV they aren't ever made to be ghosted. It is an exploit. Point blank
    >
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The ghost shifting comes up once in a while. It has been explained in posts many times. It is not in anyway a cheat. A car has to be tuned correctly to do it and if not done correctly there is no advantage. Tuning and driving a ghost shift car is no different than figuring out whether a certain car needs nos, turbo or s/c. Where's the advantage? Players know which cars are capable and try to use it to their advantage. Do you use turbo in your tune if you know it gains an advantage? Do I call you a cheater if I didn't know that and chose s/c instead? What's the difference. If you simply choose to dislike gs and think it's cheating, don't race cars capable of it. If I gs a jetta against another gs jetta there is no advantage. If I chose to race a jetta and I am not ghost shifting I am a fool. So I say to those who don't like it; be careful out there. There are other advantages out there too like light weight rims.
    >
    >
    > Light weight rims were put in the game to give a user an advantage. Ghost shifting was not meant to be in game and gives an unfair unintended advantage to those who have learned how to abuse this glitch in the game.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

There is no reason for anyone to frown on them anymore. Most cell phones are as powerful as most normal computers that emulators would be ran on. You can be just as consistent on some of the new age phones and tablets as you could be on any emulator. The ones that are really crying foul over emulators are the ones that are getting out ghosted and having their butts handed to them by people who can shift more efficiently with mapped keys.
    Ah... but playing on a platform that is more powerful than a mobile device could still be an issue, it's why we no longer support Facebook. Playing on a PC opens the doors to a lot of things.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

RUSHV8 said:

They should unbanned me by today 27 april. butt...stiillllll.....ban. Has been 2 weeks alreadyy.
    It's done by time. So 2 weeks to the minute. I believe we first started banning players around mid-day.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• maldethamaldetha Registered Users 3 Posts
    with all the whine going on about ghost shifting and playing on non tablet / phones, it would be nice with an official stance from carbonated to these things.
    maldetha said:

with all the whine going on about ghost shifting and playing on non tablet / phones, it would be nice with an official stance from carbonated to these things.

The stance is pretty clear - they'd prefer everyone to play on appropriate devices - those being phones, and tablets. They aren't fans of emulators, or any other "3rd party" ways of playing what is intended to be a mobile game.

I remember though when the facebook part of the game was shut down, cie or was it glu ? encouraged facebook users to use emulators. so it would be nice with an official response to it. but i hear ya Roush
    maldetha said:

I remember though when the facebook part of the game was shut down, cie or was it glu ? encouraged facebook users to use emulators. so it would be nice with an official response to it. but i hear ya Roush

I believe that was shortly after it transitioned to Glu from CIE. I don't remember any encouragement about emulators though. Granted, I could be wrong....but I personally don't remember it.

@[RR] Dupe - Care to chime in on Carbonated's official stance on emulators, or any other 3rd party device that can be used (beyond a tablet or a phone) to play Racing Rivals?
    edited April 2017
    Come to think of it they did mention emulators as an alternative way to play for the Facebook crowd. I forgot all about that lol

Have to remember though, this is no longer GLU so whatever GLU had said or pushed for it's former Facebook users to use or play with has nothing to do with Carbonated.

Truth be told though the only way to STOP emulators from being used to play Racing Rivals is to shut down Racing Rivals.

Edited: They didn't "push" emulators but they did mention it as an alternative way to play.

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
    Come to think of it they did push Emulators onto the Facebook crowd. I forgot all about that lol

glad to hear my memory wasnt off :)
    I had to go back and edit the post, they didn't PUSH them onto the crowd but it was mentioned as an alternative. Pushing would have been them saying "Emulator or Death!!". lol

1 of 13 Devils

#VGUSesko
  • KevoKevo Registered Users 30 Posts
    edited April 2017
    > @DuceRee said:
    > Great news to give you guys a head start review the whole scamcrowracing crew they are a popular turf team but I raced them many times in turf and every time it was a rt of .001 like really once is nothing to think about but when you see it often in one turf all of a sudden it rings a bell...so I went and asked my teammates and the ones that raced against them they said they also had an rt of .001 which is a little off tbh

@DuceRee that's hilarious nobody on samcrow racing cheats or hacks we do not even self crush to keep up with other top 25/5 teams . I'm sorry you feel like getting .001 frequently is cheating it's called skill. You realize you're calling out the oldest most legit team in the game ? Show me screen shots of anyone using game guardian running absurd times on Samcrow Racing They will be removed . Thanks and have a good day .
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    > @Kevo said:
    > > @DuceRee said:
    > > Great news to give you guys a head start review the whole scamcrowracing crew they are a popular turf team but I raced them many times in turf and every time it was a rt of .001 like really once is nothing to think about but when you see it often in one turf all of a sudden it rings a bell...so I went and asked my teammates and the ones that raced against them they said they also had an rt of .001 which is a little off tbh
    >
    > @DuceRee that's hilarious nobody on samcrow racing cheats or hacks we do not even self crush to keep up with other top 25/5 teams . I'm sorry you feel like getting .001 frequently is cheating it's called skill. You realize you're calling out the oldest most legit team in the game ? Show me screen shots of anyone using game guardian running absurd times on Samcrow Racing They will be removed . Thanks and have a good day .
    >
    >

I never said you guys were using that now did I :wink:
    > @Roush Sport said:
    > For what it's worth - playing on an emulator isn't supported, and is frowned upon. Best bet is to play on a device that the game is intended to be run on - smartphone, tablet, etc.

It would be nice if the game was playable in my device. Then I wouldn't have to play in emulator.. Haven't been able to play since 6.0 came out. And yes I've updated to the newest version of the game.. still .500 lag during the race..

> @Roush Sport said:

> For what it's worth - playing on an emulator isn't supported, and is frowned upon. Best bet is to play on a device that the game is intended to be run on - smartphone, tablet, etc.

It would be nice if the game was playable in my device. Then I wouldn't have to play in emulator.. Haven't been able to play since 6.0 came out. And yes I've updated to the newest version of the game.. still .500 lag during the race..

I hear you - and as you are aware, we've gone round and round about this. They are continuing to make performance improvements. Interestingly, my Asus tablet that runs on android 4.4 (KitKat I think it's called) - it used to lag horribly. 6.2.2 dropped, and now it runs as smooth as my IPhone 6S+.

I'm starting to wonder if it's just your device specifically. I don't mean that as an insult or anything of that sort.....but I'm wondering if, for whatever reason, the graphics processor whatever your phone uses simply does not play nice with the unity engine that this game runs on.

I wish I could fix it for you man - as I hate to see any reports of people that really want to play / enjoy the game, and are unable to.
    edited April 2017
    @Roush Sport yeah it might be the crappy Unity software.. cause i can play csr2 without a prob. I don't mind playing on my Pc. Just don't wanna get banned for using an emulator.. ya know.. I know they're still working on stuff. So il keep my fingers crossed.. lolol