Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Honestly.....

domo1297domo1297 Registered Users 685 Posts
Being completely honest, what happened to RR? Over the last few months we've seen a lot of people go. I'm losing interest in the game myself and don't really feel like playing anymore. The only thing that made me stay was the community, but even that is starting to fall apart. What do you guys think?

Comments

• patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    Shyt happens.
  • getterdonegetterdone Registered Users 158 Posts
    I've been playing for three years now haha and have seen alot of crapt but for some reason stay. It seems now they might be getting it together till all my times dropped by 3-4/seconds posted a question about it and mysteriously disappeared now I'm really thinking about just quitting hope something happens quick have alot of good friends don't want to lose
  • patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    Nothing good happens quickly.

Patience is a virtue
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

I've been playing for three years now haha and have seen alot of crapt but for some reason stay. It seems now they might be getting it together till all my times dropped by 3-4/seconds posted a question about it and mysteriously disappeared now I'm really thinking about just quitting hope something happens quick have alot of good friends don't want to lose

I have to call BS on this - your post didn't disappear. In fact, I answered it / asked a few questions. I've seen you've posted this question / statement several times in a few different threads. I'd appreciate it if you didn't do that. If you can respond to my questions - and it can be duplicated / validated as something more than user error, I can try to help. Keyword - try. I can't promise that if / when you respond, I'll pass it along to the folks at Carbonated and wham bam thank you ma'am it'll be fixed and you'll be running WR times overnight.

Thanks!
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    I actually think things are getting better. For example this week's launch light was fixed in days not weeks. Lag is massively improved. Some new issues I guess. More spin because of the lower RTs but that's just something to get used to.

I do get the impression that some of my tunes have slowed. I had a SC 45 Dart tune that used to run 10.230 on a very good run but I can't get it below 10.3x.

Honestly. Who cares? In fact it's probably good to mix things up a bit. Not like when EVERY SINGLE tune got screwed up, but just a bit from time to time.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

I actually think things are getting better. For example this week's launch light was fixed in days not weeks. Lag is massively improved. Some new issues I guess. More spin because of the lower RTs but that's just something to get used to.

I do get the impression that some of my tunes have slowed. I had a SC 45 Dart tune that used to run 10.230 on a very good run but I can't get it below 10.3x.

Honestly. Who cares? In fact it's probably good to mix things up a bit. Not like when EVERY SINGLE tune got screwed up, but just a bit from time to time.

I have to wonder if it's related to what they did with the lobbies. In case you don't know / didn't see the post about it....there used to be a time where you could build, for example, a 50 rated car. Take it into multi, and it'd land in a 50-56 bracket and all would be well. You could then take that very same car....not change a single thing....and go into turf and or showdown...and it'd land in a 56-63 lobby. The short explanation for that was due to how those two things worked (turf and showdown are designed to work one way, multi another) with the rating system differed.

They tweaked that - and now, if a car is landing "high" in turf, it'll do the same in multi. So, with that, I'm wondering if those tweaks have affected cars with builds right on that bubble....and is causing what you and others are reporting....cars running a bit slower than what they "used" to.
    I owe you an apology flush u did in fact go above and beyond to answer and even research the issue I had so thankyou and good job to all of you and thanks for the hard work.
    Rouch dang autocorrect lol