Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Patch Notes 6.2.3

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
This patch contains the fix for the Launch Button being lit all the time.

Now live on iOS and Android
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    Ty big chief
  • DoctorDaddyDoctorDaddy Registered Users 7 Posts
    Did it fix .000 rt resulting in tie?

I'm iOS and every other race I got .000 rt

- doctor daddy yt
  • FAULK222FAULK222 Registered Users 19 Posts

Did it fix .000 rt resulting in tie?

I'm iOS and every other race I got .000 rt

- doctor daddy yt

happens on android emulator also
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    No it did not fix the 0.000 rt and a tie because of it. 6 races in a row with that rt and all of em ties
  • fixthegamefixthegame Registered Users 2 Posts
    after the update, I try to race and the app keeps trying to update. Can not race???
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    Why is sending a message still an issue? Today I can't initiate a message, or respond to one sent to me. WTH
    IGN is SWEETRIDE95
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

Why is sending a message still an issue? Today I can't initiate a message, or respond to one sent to me. WTH
    IGN is SWEETRIDE95

Because the chat system hasn't been addressed yet. All things in due time. One thing I've found that works, albeit temporarily - if you message someone and it won't go through...delete them from your friends list. Reboot the game. Re-add them....then the messages will work...for that session. The moment you close out of the game after doing that, it may very well "break" again.

I know - the above is a pain and shouldn't be necessary....I agree. Fixing the chat system is on Carbonated's radar. As for when it'll be addressed...your guess is as good as mine.

Ok so I'm glad the launch light is fixed but with every hot patch comes more problems. 9 pinks races in a row all tied because of the 0.000 rt. Seems like every fix just brings a whole new set of issues
    Another thing is the F&F bot notification. Not only do we get that they are looking for rides but now we get the results of all of their races in a drop down tab as well.
    C y r u s said:

Ok so I'm glad the launch light is fixed but with every hot patch comes more problems. 9 pinks races in a row all tied because of the 0.000 rt. Seems like every fix just brings a whole new set of issues

That has nothing to do with the launch button patch, and the tie races are being looked into.

The notifications - I haven't seen a drop down in regards to a bot winning or losing. I only get the "so and so is looking for a new ride" when I'm in the garage, tuning, or sitting idle in a lobby. They removed that popup from the actual race screens / sequences.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @Roush Sport lol the bot notifications say when they're looking, when they lose and when they win now.. but I haven't seen one while actually racing yet. Atleast they fixed that I think.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
    edited April 2017

@Roush Sport lol the bot notifications say when they're looking, when they lose and when they win now.. but I haven't seen one while actually racing yet. Atleast they fixed that I think.

No sooner do I say this - I'm now seeing the notifications as well (wins, losses, etc) - I'll bring it up to the Carb guys.
  • Mr Alvin72Mr Alvin72 Registered Users 54 Posts
    How about you guys fix the crashing on pinks and crashing on start up? Ties and bad reaction times are ridiculous. Obviously this game is broken and probably will never be fixed.

How about you guys fix the crashing on pinks and crashing on start up? Ties and bad reaction times are ridiculous. Obviously this game is broken and probably will never be fixed.

Interestingly, most reports of these issues have ceased. If you are still experiencing these issues, make sure your game, device (I'm presuming android) has the most current version of Android and Google Play Services, and see if the issue persists.

If it does, how about posting on here in a "hey, still having an issue, here are the specs of my device, can you please take a look" manner? No need to be nasty.
    > @Roush Sport said:
    > How about you guys fix the crashing on pinks and crashing on start up? Ties and bad reaction times are ridiculous. Obviously this game is broken and probably will never be fixed.
    >
    > Interestingly, most reports of these issues have ceased. If you are still experiencing these issues, make sure your game, device (I'm presuming android) has the most current version of Android and Google Play Services, and see if the issue persists.
    >
    > If it does, how about posting on here in a "hey, still having an issue, here are the specs of my device, can you please take a look" manner? No need to be nasty.

I've been playing this game a long time. I spent too much money every week to turf. I run top 25 team and run with Lex Drama on his 1st place team. A person can only deal with so many issues for so long. Yes I'm in the latest os Nougat for android and on S7 edge and note 7. Spending few hundred dollars a month on a broken game of course I'm going to be frustrated. Fix the lag that's what most of us been asking for.
    > @Mr Alvin72 said:
    > > @Roush Sport said:
    > > How about you guys fix the crashing on pinks and crashing on start up? Ties and bad reaction times are ridiculous. Obviously this game is broken and probably will never be fixed.
    > >
    > > Interestingly, most reports of these issues have ceased. If you are still experiencing these issues, make sure your game, device (I'm presuming android) has the most current version of Android and Google Play Services, and see if the issue persists.
    > >
    > > If it does, how about posting on here in a "hey, still having an issue, here are the specs of my device, can you please take a look" manner? No need to be nasty.
    >
    > I've been playing this game a long time. I spent too much money every week to turf. I run top 25 team and run with Lex Drama on his 1st place team. A person can only deal with so many issues for so long. Yes I'm in the latest os Nougat for android and on S7 edge and note 7. Spending few hundred dollars a month on a broken game of course I'm going to be frustrated. Fix the lag that's what most of us been asking for.

Interestingly enough I talk to Lex every day - met him at the Summit. Great guy. I'm in a chat with almost all of the previous council members, and with the guys at Carbonated. No one has reported any lag issues...in fact with 6.2.2, most of the "playability" issues on older devices have been resolved. The game runs smoother now than it ever has. If you are still seeing severe lag - have you tried playing on other wifi connections? Wondering if maybe it's your house connection?

Also - on the Samsungs - have you disabled the video game assistant programs? I forget what they are called off hand but even Lex himself saw, at the summit, shuttinf off the bloatware that comes on Samsung devices made a drastic improvement, and I think he was on a Galaxy as well.
    Let me try turning off bloatware. Sorry for being grumpy but it's just rough weekend for turf!
    Yes I've known lex for awhile now. Good guy and we are trying to help out the community. I'm always on his ear about something.
  • TWINK3PTOTWINK3PTO Registered Users 5,848 Posts
    @Roush Sport Not to seem technologically incompetent, but "bloatware?" I play on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I have some of the worst lag after a few pinks races in turf. I know that I've voiced it before, but Sydney is the worst turf site to race since the lag is horrendous with the additional background graphics during racing (water running in the background, a more complicated scene with the Sydney Opera House, etc.). Does this disability of the "bloatware" solve the lag issue altogether or just temporarily?
    TWINK3PTO said:

@Roush Sport Not to seem technologically incompetent, but "bloatware?" I play on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I have some of the worst lag after a few pinks races in turf. I know that I've voiced it before, but Sydney is the worst turf site to race since the lag is horrendous with the additional background graphics during racing (water running in the background, a more complicated scene with the Sydney Opera House, etc.). Does this disability of the "bloatware" solve the lag issue altogether or just temporarily?

It seems to help it altogether - as the lesser amount of things you have running on your device in addition to the game, the better. As for bloatware - that's a term used to describe programs that come installed on your device by either the manufacturer, or the cellular provider. Sometimes, the only way to get rid of some of that software is to root the device, and then uninstall it. I'm can't encourage you (or anyone) to root their device, as doing so has risks associated with it (you can damage your phone, etc).
  • TWINK3PTOTWINK3PTO Registered Users 5,848 Posts
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    I have not been able to watch videos or collect performance crates for about a week. I watch the video and then my phone locks up when I should be getting the reward. Very annoying.
    Racing has been very solid otherwise.

SWEETRIDE95
    Samsung Note 4
  • Johnhetu60Johnhetu60 Registered Users 26 Posts
    Since the new patch I have posted a reaction time of 0.000, using an Iphone 7 Plus. This does not happen on my Ipad mini, only the Iphone. Was disqualified in a tournament. I do not want to lose a car in pink mode, Racers have commented on it and I dont want to be considered as a hacker or get banned. It does not happen all the time.
    It's a problem and no one seems to be addressing it. 0.000 rt almost always gives you a tie
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    edited May 2017
    @C y r u s I've only had 1 0.000r/t not end in a tie.. had a bunch of 0.000 r/t though. Lol
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • SAVAG3SAVAG3 Registered Users 297 Posts
    I'm on IPhone 7 as well and have had this 0.000 rt issue constantly since the last update. It disqualifies you in tournaments but seems to cause ties in all other game modes. Can't even race tournaments anymore because I just end up forfeiting my RRC. Is this going to be fixed anytime soon @Ryyst ?
  • WobbleFoot313WobbleFoot313 Registered Users 12 Posts
    I've been having perfect launches that result in a .000 RT. Remains that way all the way through the race but during the race summary, it's shows a reaction time of .001. Playing on an IPhone 7 plus on the latest updated iOS.
    Also note: I haven't tried it in anything other than turf. Turf race, get a .000 Rt and it shows .001 on summary.