Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

And the Player Summit Members are...

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
edited March 2017 in The Carbonated Garage
For the past month or so, I’ve been looking around the different social pages and specifically looking for individuals that show a passion for the game, are knowledgeable, have expressed opinions in constructive manners, are trusted by a large number of the community and understand the big picture when looking at Racing Rivals. After some consideration and some conversations, I've chosen a handful to come down to the Carbonated Office to talk shop with us.

So, who are these players?

Glad you asked! Let me introduce you to our first Carbonated Rivals Player Summit…

First, we brought in some alumni from the previous Glu Rivals Player Council

Guy Surprenant - Kirby! I mean, KlrBee! Avid player who I've known since the Nitto days!

Daniel Powell - Prodigal Grim, Yeah, you know him. He beat all of us last time he was here

Joe Weymouth - Pigpen TheOneandOnly! You know you’ve seen his YouTube videos, don't lie

Now for our new members!

Roush - A Forum Mod who rocks at wrangling those forum posts!

Max Bolt - Admin for the Racing Rivals School of Hard Knocks Facebook page, lending a helping hand to those in need

Kristen Correia - Female Tribute from District 12 (May the odds be ever in our favor...)

Alex aka Lex Drama - Leader of DraMa KingZ (I totally expect no controversy here)

The Summit itself will take place in April. Stay tuned for more information!
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• KKDude11432KKDude11432 Registered Users 7,358 Posts
    Congrats @Roush Sport!
    OG Player, OG Forums User, M5 Enthusiast, Legit Dealer. KKDude11432 is the name, Racing Rivals is the game.

Main Ign: XxDudeOfFirexX
  • hyldnirhyldnir Registered Users 36 Posts
    Congrats guys. Hope to see some change come out of this summit
  • HomieG305HomieG305 Registered Users 2 Posts
    edited March 2017
    I believe Ismail Kha would also make a great addition. He is a Co- Leader on Drama Kingz and has played RR for a while. Consider it? @[RR] Ryyst
  • TWINK3PTOTWINK3PTO Registered Users 5,848 Posts
    Please advise if this venue will be live streamed and/or interactive as it may deem rather valuable for the entire community to hone in on the discussion(s).
  • Spilt1Spilt1 Registered Users 6 Posts
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO GET RID OF GHOST SHIFTING IT HAS RUINED THE GAME !!!
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    TWINK3PTO said:

Please advise if this venue will be live streamed and/or interactive as it may deem rather valuable for the entire community to hone in on the discussion(s).

If anything, I do want to stream at least parts of it.

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Spilt1 said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO GET RID OF GHOST SHIFTING IT HAS RUINED THE GAME !!!

That's not something easily solved for this summit, its really more of a game design and technical issue.

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Congrats @Roush Sport . You'll rep the forums and us reg players well.

And good choices over all @Ryyst
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • JHARDWAYJHARDWAY Registered Users 205 Posts
    Congrats Joe Weymouth
  • olabankolabank Registered Users 2 Posts
    Why did glu have to ban some account without doing something wrong? I'm part of them and I never did anything wrong...it needs to be addressed..it is can spend my hard earn money to buy gems and cars...and all of a sudden my account is ban for playing..it heartbreaking and sadden.
  • DoctorDaddyDoctorDaddy Registered Users 7 Posts
    Congrats to all!
    Wish i couldve made it

Lex you better represent!!
  • DisstudemDisstudem Registered Users 23 Posts
    edited March 2017
    I'm very passionate about this game, I have been playing this game for a couple years now. I have been working on a website just for this game.
    My mission is to bring all of RR together in one place...I don't want to say much more about it at this time but RR if your interested in looking inside please feel free to contact me through a pm on Fb, Michael Haggberg for website name, test user name and password. Plus more info of what im putting together.
  • 12HDM0412HDM04 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Congratulations all!
  • Tavian660videoTavian660video Registered Users 7 Posts
    congrats add jerry rajer from youtube
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    You guys missed out @dwdtuning :/
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    edited March 2017
    @DuceRee no they didn't. @roush sport is dwd. Is you. He is us. He represent us. Got my full support.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    Fair enough
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    Congrats time to suck ryyst cok :D

IGN : 1320killer
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    edited March 2017
    Agreed @dwdtuning ...I think @Roush Sport has done an excellent job as mod here...his demeanor is always relaxed and laid back and he seems t'be very knowledgeable in most aspects of the game and this forum...Congrats Roush...glad you got the nod bud :)

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

Agreed @dwdtuning ...I think @Roush Sport has done an excellent job as mod here...his demeanor is always relaxed and laid back and he seems t'be very knowledgeable in most aspects of the game and this forum...Congrats Roush...glad you got the nod bud :)

Thanks man!
  • shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts
    Glad it was roush picked from the mods.
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    edited March 2017
    I thought lex wasn't getting on... oh well looks like self crushing always get its way
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• DualShocker182DualShocker182 Registered Users 5,257 Posts
    @kingpen126 lol nice one

IGN: DualShocker182
    "Rapper, Memer, and Lobby-Cleaner"
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Hope to see something done about tuning and ways to speed it up. Would seriously help many players become more competitive. Also multi buy from showroom. I have faith that things will change
  • didisaifullah24didisaifullah24 Registered Users 10 Posts

For the past month or so, I’ve been looking around the different social pages and specifically looking for individuals that show a passion for the game, are knowledgeable, have expressed opinions in constructive manners, are trusted by a large number of the community and understand the big picture when looking at Racing Rivals. After some consideration and some conversations, I've chosen a handful to come down to the Carbonated Office to talk shop with us.

So, who are these players?

Glad you asked! Let me introduce you to our first Carbonated Rivals Player Summit…

First, we brought in some alumni from the previous Glu Rivals Player Council

Guy Surprenant - Kirby! I mean, KlrBee! Avid player who I've known since the Nitto days!

Daniel Powell - Prodigal Grim, Yeah, you know him. He beat all of us last time he was here

Joe Weymouth - Pigpen TheOneandOnly! You know you’ve seen his YouTube videos, don't lie

Now for our new members!

Roush - A Forum Mod who rocks at wrangling those forum posts!

Max Bolt - Admin for the Racing Rivals School of Hard Knocks Facebook page, lending a helping hand to those in need

Kristen Correia - Female Tribute from District 12 (May the odds be ever in our favor...)

Alex aka Lex Drama - Leader of DraMa KingZ (I totally expect no controversy here)

The Summit itself will take place in April. Stay tuned for more information!

• patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Great pick with Lex Drama. Nice to see that you valye that little b.itches opinion. Way to go self crushing.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts

By all means bring the cheaters into the players summit