Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Lobby Changes

FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
Racer Showdown today. I'm in a 68 car racing 71 cars. How is this possible? I thought the lobby ended at 68? Did all this change?

Comments

• Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Yep - there are two new lobbies between 68 and max. Refer to the patch notes for info on when they were implemented.
  • Options
    HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
    @Roush Sport I had this question too last week and I just checked the Patch notes. Can't seem to find the official lobby rating if it is 71 or 73?

So the lobbies are 63, 68, 71(73) and max?
  • Options
    63,68,73,81,max. Bear in mind, the two new lobbies may change in the future.
  • Options
    HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
    thanks @Roush Sport
  • Options
  • Options
    if 68 was the max for that lobby, how does a 71 get in?
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @Fugyea a 71 got in there because you where not in the 68 lobby you where in the new 73 lobby.
  • Options

From how I read this, the lobby I was in maxed at 68, correct? then the 71 car should have been ion the 73 lobby, correct? Or am I reading this all wrong?
  • Options
    Fugyea said:

From how I read this, the lobby I was in maxed at 68, correct? then the 71 car should have been ion the 73 lobby, correct? Or am I reading this all wrong?
    You are correct. If you car was 71 rated, you'd be in the 68-73 lobby / bracket.
  • Options
    DesertRat68DesertRat68 Registered Users 53 Posts

Will we be informed when the lobbies are solidified?
  • Options

Will we be informed when the lobbies are solidified?
    If I'm informed of it, you'll be informed. :)
  • Options

Fugyea said:

You are correct. If you car was 71 rated, you'd be in the 68-73 lobby / bracket.
    I thought the number related to the max in that lobby.

ie: a 66 would be in the 68 max lobby. a 71 would be in the 69-73???
  • Options
    Fugyea said:

Fugyea said:

Correct, but your last part - it's 68-73. So, if you are 68.5, into the 68-73 lobby you go. 68.4, you'll stay in the 63-68 lobby. Granted, there are other factors that go into a rating beyond just that number, but that's how it works in simple terms.
  • Options
    CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    The real question is why 81??? WTF... It should be 78.......
  • Options
    CHSJA said:

The real question is why 81??? WTF... It should be 78.......

I think the intention is so that you can max R2's and run them without having maxed R3's and X's constantly bombarding you with challenges (as they'd be in the max lobby).
  • Options
    FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    edited May 2017
    The intention should be to make the greatest number of permutations of cars worthwhile. 68 keeps upper tuned s class happy, I like 73 as a no nos r class lobby. It would be nice to have a 77-78 to keep upper r class relevant because I don't think r class with nos can compete in either 73 or 81. Probably more attempts to bully max r-class by r2 and r3 than r-3 trying to bully max r2. Its splitting hairs though, appreciate the effort and the 73 lobby
  • Options

Fugyea said:

Fugyea said:

Correct, but your last part - it's 68-73. So, if you are 68.5, into the 68-73 lobby you go. 68.4, you'll stay in the 63-68 lobby. Granted, there are other factors that go into a rating beyond just that number, but that's how it works in simple terms.
    Thank you Sir, I appreciate your time and help