Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Can't get a race in turf now

aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
Can't get a race in turf now.. waited 45 min for one pinks race. Everyone is just letting timer run out and self crushing.. this is awesome... Not.......
Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
Team: 9am michi

Comments

• HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
    There's no one in 1630 lobby so that's awesome too - not.
  • WobbleFoot313WobbleFoot313 Registered Users 12 Posts
    What exactly is self crushing? I hear that term a lot but not quite sure of what it is
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @aubassplayer and it will only get worse.
  • Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    This is going to be tough one to fix..
    It cannot be fixed. It needs to be altered in a way to stop one from viewing what other cars are in the lobby thus orchestrating SC. @Roush Sport came up with a brilliant idea. He explained it another post... 'self crusher'. Brilliant idea. It's based on using the Quick Race option. The system will pair you with someone of same calibre and you decide the wager and race. No way to SC or rather the probability to come across a feeding account would be extremely low.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @WobbleFoot313 self crushing is either making an alt acct (alot of them) building cars on those. Then racing your own alt accts and then fouling so you can get the bonus crush pts for the race. Or paying another team to do the same thing..

@greenstaged I like the quick race turf idea. And I like the elimination of crush pts. Either would work if you asked me..
  • Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    edited May 2017
    @greenstaged thats more of a work around not a fix. Ideally the game wouldn't want to remove our capability we have already. Ie choosing your opponent. Well at least I would hope not. This does need work though. Not that I really care too. SC are basically paying for the car. The have to build chit loads of car to crush under their own expense. Then 3 weeks later that same turf is sell on FB or wherever else for roughly 15 mil. Its a cycle.

They build few mil worth of cars to SC, i spend 15-25 mil at later stage to buy it from someone. Makes no difference if you catch my flow.

However for the game turf has become situation of who has more cash not who is most talented team. ;)
    @Riyaad01 yes. I agree with you. I have been saying so (However for the game turf has become situation of who has more cash not who is most talented team. ) since the day I joined the forum. I was given some flack about this. Now they are coming to understand.

On the other hand if they let you choose your opponent than you are given a free way to choose the alternate feeding account to SC. Hence y it's best to leave the system to choose an automatic random opponent.

@aubassplayer the elimination of crush i would not consider it. If it happens the game would be a game for those who do not have a life... A full weekend playing the game to get as much points as one can. By crushing cars points can be obtained faster. I for one cannot spend hours playing the game. Have got a family. Doing turf is a bit of a sacrifice. I reach my minimum and that's it. Imagine to get a min of 5-10k without crushing a single car. My wife would file for divorce for sure.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @greenstaged I hit 5k every weekend and never crush a car.. it's not hard with higher rated cars.. you have to realize. Min would go down without crush pts...
  • FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    They got rid of chicken points as a result of cheating, crush points may be next. I've always been more of a grinder than a crusher but can gin up some points. Losing crush points will definitely change the character of the game though, better in some ways but worse in others. Ultimately, its a sad commentary on human nature that as much effort has to be expended to prevent cheatin fuques from ruining a good game.
  • FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    It really seems that many of the hoops being jumped through seems solely to accommodate Multis and the black market. If you ratchet down moving cars around and go back to a more restrictive lobby structure, that would sting a bunch of folks but not really those who are playing the game the way I think it was intended to be played.
  • WobbleFoot313WobbleFoot313 Registered Users 12 Posts
    Thanks for the explanation @aubassplayer much appreciated