Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Farewell... again

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
edited May 2017 in The Carbonated Garage
Hello Racers!

It’s my sad duty to inform you all that after being your Community Manager for 4 years I am stepping down, this time on my own accord, from Racing Rivals and Carbonated Inc. In order to continue to learn and grow, I have decided to pursue opportunities in other regions of the globe. In other words, I’m moving out of California… for now.

It’s been my honor to serve as your bridge between you and the developers of Racing Rivals. We’ve been through many ups and downs, but at the end of the day, the strength of Rivals is it’s players and the passion of the community.

I’ve learned a lot being your Community Manager, and will bring that knowledge with me to continue to define the role of Community Managers in the Video Game biz… but I will also be passing my knowledge to who is taking over the role.

So while I’m sad to be leaving, I am happy to announce that I will be passing the torch to someone from the Rivals Community. He is someone who a lot of you know, and a lot of you respect as a voice for Racing Rivals. He’s going to add a lot of his player knowledge to the staff at Carbonated and will be a pretty important asset moving forward.

Prodigal Grim himself is now your new Racing Rivals Community Manager! He’s one of you! He understands your hopes and dreams and will do whatever he can to make sure your voices are heard and to provide you information from Carbonated from a player’s point of view.

So please welcome him and bug him… I mean hit him up with your questions, suggestions, hopes, dreams, desires, pet peeves, poetry, and cat pictures!

I believe that Grim and Carbonated have best interests of the game and you all in their hearts and their ideas are going to make Rivals awesome...er than it is. Just please give them time, mistakes will be made, lessons will be learned, but they are and will continue to work hard to bring you the great Racing Rivals experience you all deserve!

So long Racing Rivals, keep on racing!

Rich “Ryyst” Romasanta out!

For those that want to follow me on social you can find me on Instagram and Twitter

Instagram: r2romasanta
Twitter: @thesonicscribe

Be warned I mostly post about Star Wars, Disney, Comics and the top of my noggin.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Grim and I will be doing a livestream next Wednesday (May 24th) where we’ll be talking about the transition, what’s coming up for Rivals and answering some your questions! Grim will provide more information as we get closer.

Feel free to post your questions here We’ll select a few to answer online!

• KevoKevo Registered Users 30 Posts
    I Wish you well on your future endeavors Ryyst . I believe you have always done what you thought was best for the community. Thanks for sticking around and trying .
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Best of luck in your future endeavors Ryyst! Made a dent in the popcorn yet? ;)

Best of luck in your future endeavors Ryyst! Made a dent in the popcorn yet? ;)

A little.... still like 85% full

Kevo said:

I Wish you well on your future endeavors Ryyst . I believe you have always done what you thought was best for the community. Thanks for sticking around and trying .

Thanks!

• DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Adios amigo. May the force be with you.
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    May better days be in your future.. I know we didn't agree on some things. But thank you for all you've done for the game and the forums.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • phillydon13phillydon13 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Congrats Dan!!!
  • Truefire223Truefire223 Registered Users 19 Posts
    Thanks for everything and best of luck on your endeavors!!

Any word on next Community Manager? More or less whether or not they can stand the yelling and name calling?

Adios amigo. May the force be with you.

... and also with you.....

wait...

Thanks for everything and best of luck on your endeavors!!

Any word on next Community Manager? More or less whether or not they can stand the yelling and name calling?

I already yell and name call him now... so yeah. He'll be fine.

May better days be in your future.. I know we didn't agree on some things. But thank you for all you've done for the game and the forums.

The beauty of working with community... different opinions and points of view, but alwaus good when you can work through and discuss things.

I'm gonna miss this community. Hopefully where ever it is I end up, I'll be able to connect with them as well.

• Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    Thanks for home room.
  • HowienHowien Registered Users 166 Posts
    Ciao ryyst. Good luck in the future

Greetings from denmark
    Howisthat
  • Truefire223Truefire223 Registered Users 19 Posts
    Well Mr RRYST have fun. We'll keep the new guy in check ;) y'all made a great pick.
  • TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts
    Thank you for staying with us for all these times and i wish you all the best in pursuing your future.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Bye Bye. This place wont be the same without you. Its crazy that it has been nearly 4 years already. Hopefully youll come around again some time in the future or stay in touch
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    @[rr]ryyst onward and upward... we only look back to see where we've been, good luck in all future endeavors.
  • JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
    Farewell Ryyst. Leak me the old Nitto Legends files before you leave, being the same building, the backups should be there somewhere? ;)
  • RichieGeeRichieGee Registered Users 5 Posts
    From one Rich to another, all the best on your new journey. Thanks for all your hard work over the years to help out our community and this great game!
    Congrats to Daniel, I know he'll do us all proud
  • itskillerquezitskillerquez Registered Users 737 Posts
    see you later rryst, see you on the other side
    JamesG said:

Farewell Ryyst. Leak me the old Nitto Legends files before you leave, being the same building, the backups should be there somewhere? ;)

Well...

1. No longer the same building
    B) Nitto is owned by Cie and I believe was already shut down by the time glu acquired Cie Games.
    IV. I don't even think we still have all the files somewhere
    Fuschia) Carbonated only runs Racing Rivals for Glu, not any other titles (Even if Notto were also now owned by Glu)

• JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
    edited May 2017

JamesG said:

Well...

1. No longer the same building
    B) Nitto is owned by Cie and I believe was already shut down by the time glu acquired Cie Games.
    IV. I don't even think we still have all the files somewhere
    Fuschia) Carbonated only runs Racing Rivals for Glu, not any other titles (Even if Notto were also now owned by Glu)
    Oh fair enough. Wasn't aware that you folks moved to a different building. :p

Anyway, I wish you the best in whatever the future holds! You were my favourite community admin of the last 4-5 years.
  • FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    Your efforts have been significant to the success of this game and the development of some of the best attributes that the game has. Your still on the hook as the spokesman who never answered my questions about Race the Devs, but I don't hold a grudge . . . much. You'll be missed. Grim's job will be doubly hard filling your role and trying to manage that in which he has served as a component. There aren't many great players that become good managers but we'll see.
  • casique23casique23 Registered Users 2,778 Posts
    Lol k