Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Next performance crate car??

itsmerepoitsmerepo Registered Users 6 Posts
Is wrx sport really going to be next performance crate car?

Comments

• Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Doubt it. It was suppose be this weeks car but we will see.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Don't believe everything you see on the interwebz
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Please god no
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Options
    Thank you guys for the feedback, I really hope not
  • Options
    greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited March 2017
    @dwdtuning why not ? @Ryyst if its true performance crates would sell like crazy. Carbonated would only benefit if such cars are in the perf crates. and would be in the right direction to kill the black market.
  • Options
    Yea only taking away from those who paid top dollar/earned these cars. I get your concept tho
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    The problem with killing the black market is that the black market is way too big of a part of the game to take away. I won't give specific details but we all can kinda figure it out
  • Options
    greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @BlitzChaos I don't agree with you though I understand What you trying to say. If I were carbonated I think I would want complete control. People behind the Black market are using the game to make money. No one can say what will happen if the black market is eradicated so to speak. However put yourself into carbonateds boots. They sell the nismo gtr gt3 for 1800 gems which equates to roughly £30. From the black market you get it for £4 approx... 1 mill rrc costs +-£90..from the bm £1-2. Think.just think... Do you think that if the bm is removed for good top teams would do million points ???... Do you think that pinks decisions would be taken easily when I repeat a stock nismo gt3 would cost so much ?... have you seen recent video by pigpen ..the one which has dramakingz leader speaking ??? ...they buy cars by the hundreds man... !!.. Have you seen the vgu recent video ??...exxxplosion was recomending to race the normal showroom cars due to the light lag hack..he suggested not to pink high stake cars but to buy Honda's civics from Indonesians which sell 10 for £3 or approx.. Would you think that these guys would get the 1000s of points they get if not for the black market ??...I say eradicate the black market and everyone would be competing on the same level...so yes...if CARBONATED starts by introducing such cars it would be moving in the right direction.
  • Options
    jsf20jsf20 Registered Users 170 Posts
    ^^ your first post on forum sure bring a lot to the discussion
  • Options
    patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    ^ not my first post. Forums dumps comments after inactive ;). On top of that I've been here 6 month more than you. Chump
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @greenstaged you are forgetting about how the devlopers make money from the Black Market. Take this weeks turf car for example it is a high demand car. With a high demand car the more competitive the top teams are so the more cars and boosts they have to buy to score big for the car. Which the company benefits from.
  • Options
    BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Well since you want to argue, here is why you shouldn't remove

- If the cars aren't cheap and easy to come by, people will simply pinks less.

- Let's put ourselves in a situation where we couldn't buy mills, people would bet much less often cause cash is costly at a very unreasonable price. GLU already knew and Carbonated needs to know that there in game RRC doesn't sell unless its to a new player. Most just go to the black market where we can get mills for a hundredth of the price (Take that literally cause it's that true).

I'll explain more if I really need to but you tell me how Carbonated can efficiently stop it as a whole? They can't. Like 30 of them can do something about thousands of us selling stuff? They cant. Sure, what we are doing is probably beyond illegal but they just brush it off and continue with life. It's a part of the game you can't stop unless you shut the game down.
  • Options
    redskullredskull Registered Users 30 Posts
    Hi all. My first post here. Have been familiarising with the forums sections.

Though I don't fully agree with green staged I am seeing the wider picture of the implications should the black market gets eradicated though its next to impossible for this happen.

Pinks would be just for the boldest.
    RRC would be unaffordable hence ^.
    Turf racing would not be the same anymore.

The above are what make the game as it is however I do agree that most will be competing on the same level. I saw the videos he mentioned and I have to agree with what he said. If it was not for the black market most players and team won't strive in the game.

Its within GLUs or Carbonated grasp to get everything under control.

Since they know about what is going on they can simply sell rrc at a much cheaper price. At the end of the day their income is from gems. No one buys rrc from the game. Very very much expensive.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Let's not resort to insults please. keep the discussions civil... this isn't the "unsupported" section.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    Wrx sport lol
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • Options
    venom061venom061 Registered Users 97 Posts
    i have an idea what the car should be in the performance crate car everyone wants an is super hot . A 1970 limited Edition copper color plymouth gtx dom's or the Limited Edition Mazda Fortune Hans sweet ride
  • Options
    venom061venom061 Registered Users 97 Posts
    In the performance crate skipped an A class car the hyundai BTR an it went to B class cars . Are you planning on going to skip certain car classes