Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Wanna stop self crushing?? Here's how Carbonated.

aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
edited May 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
In order to stop self crushing. Don't release event until the event starts. That means on day 1 of turf you release just that days event. Then on day 2 release that days event. Same for day 3. Don't release event until the event starts.. yeah, people will cry. But h.ell they're crying now. And most of the people that will cry will be the self crushers themselves. Yes I know that means having someone actually put the event in minutes before the event starts. But come on. It can't be that hard or expensive to pay the guy for 5-10 min of logging in to the main server....

Edit:typo
Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
Team: 9am michi

Comments

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
  • HeyheyHeyhey Registered Users 164 Posts
    Tournament/event races should reward the player's skills in tuning and driving them. Each of the racers in a team are racing to win in the actual race and not playing or going around this rule. I know this is a money game but how about no crush points in turf? 1 mill plus points for a team to rank #1 versus the rest who don't crush or even pink is flat out outrageous!

Just my opinion, I know the game will be as it is, I'm still playing.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Another way to shake up turf imo is to make new event types. I think making a All Motor and Nos only (nos as only power adder no turbo or sc) events would shake up turf alot and change the way tuning is done. Along with that you can add those two new events with Make/model specific events ex. All motor/chevy, all motor/mustang, nos only/Honda, nos only/camaro.
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    Just an FYi, before the other weekend where both teams scored 10 million, the highest scoring turf was a turf where VGU didn't release the events early and the two teams that self crushed the most both pushed 6 million points each. So today tomorrow or Sunday night release of events really wouldn't change or help in any way what so ever.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
    @eXxPLoSiOn glu didn't release the events.. but you(VGU) did...
    I'd like to see what happens for just one turf where people didn't know the event of the day until it started... Just once to see what happens.. I can say with confidence that the top teams would be hitting 3-5 mil
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts

@eXxPLoSiOn glu didn't release the events.. but you(VGU) did...

Again I guess you didn't read what I just posted. I didn't post the events and nor did GLU at the time. No one knew the events till Thursday night and they STILL put up 6 million each. Obviously your game history is off or you would remember this massive battle.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
    @eXxPLoSiOn what I'm saying is they released all the events in Thurs.. if they release each event as each event starts. It would cut back in self crushing.. and they need to come up with new events...
  • THATTONEGUYTHATTONEGUY Registered Users 7 Posts
    Why not just do away with pinking in turf. Then it's all about the racing.
  • ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    @THATTONEGUY you clearly just deafeated any and all purpose to then play this game. If i cant take someones car in turf them why tf even play?
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
  • maddhaddermaddhadder Registered Users 9 Posts
    If u want to stop s.c. just don't allow 2 devices to use same internet provider address. That easy. Release time of events wont matter very much. S.C. will have like 100 svt, civics, etc. Pre built anyways. Your not going to hurt anyone but the people who race straight. Really the only way to stop the S.C. is to start a no pinking turf option. Same prize car just no pinking. Each team can decide what they want to be. Once decided thats what they will always be.