Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Tournament Exploits

[RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
Reports of players abusing the tournaments have been coming in. We’re working on fixing it but it’s not as simple as pressing a button. So while we’re working it out, we’re keeping an eye out for these dastardly players and kicking them off the track for a week. Cheats and exploits have consequences, you WILL get banned.

Race on and keep it legit!
Prev1

Comments

• JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Is this why the 150k tournaments are gone?
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Punish everyone instead of those doing bad.... Same old ways as before.
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • kilortwokilortwo Registered Users 4 Posts
    Are the tournament tokens going to be returned to players accounts once the abuse has been fixed? ign kilortwo\kilbatmankil\user1 2 f u
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @[RR] Prodigal Grim is the charger se that runs faster than it should, thru no fault of ours, considered an exploit??
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    > @aubassplayer said:
    > @[RR] Prodigal Grim is the charger se that runs faster than it should, thru no fault of ours, considered an exploit??

People shouldn't abuse it also it's a glitch people use to automatically let them when you race you beat them but end up with a DNF at the end
    edited May 2017
    @DuceRee yeah I don't use mine very often. Only every now and then when I'm bored and want some quick cash. But I do use it to mess with jumpers I find in 1650 lobbies. Lol they flip out when my 1650 hits 8.7. lolol
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts

@[RR] Prodigal Grim is the charger se that runs faster than it should, thru no fault of ours, considered an exploit??

No these guys have found a way to alter (if this is the exploit they are referring to, because from what I've been told there is more then one) the way the tourney acts towards other competitors. So it will bypass you without you even having a chance to race. Almost like timing you out and not even giving you a chance to compete. I've also heard people complaining about there not being a way to prevent cars from changing their ratings when entering the lobbies for tourneys like how it used to be the case in the normal rooms. Either way they have work to do and will probably grind it out to get us the tourneys back because they do really help our new players and even our established players.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
    I truly hope the reason the 150k tourney was taken down was to fix the issues.
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    Yes, it was taken down so we can fix the problems.
    Thanks Grim. Was there a in game notification that was the reason or did a I miss it? If there was no notification to players why not?
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    It was there and then gone. It was my fault. I'm still learning the notification and messaging system tool.
  • TsukikageTsukikage Registered Users 1 Posts
    Good to see it's being fixed. It happened to me a couple of times where it started the race I grabbed a perfect launch even and about half way down the track it just stopped and told me I was "disqualified" and the other guy automatically won.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    It's probably easier to just get rid of tournaments like they should global chat and figure out some other feature to implement
  • Ggv1o128Ggv1o128 Registered Users 1 Posts
    That thing is annoying
  • 1Razor1Razor Registered Users 93 Posts
    I didn't receive my rewards for the turf but my team members did.. Any other leaders have this happen?
  • FULLY JUICEDFULLY JUICED Registered Users 3 Posts
    To developers. You have really pissed away a good game. You have taken away the ability to make money and gems in the game because what you are just that greedy? You expect us to pay $75000 for a mediocre set of wheels but if we sell a set to game we get $500 that's bùllshít. 20 gems for completing all those daily goals and can't even buy your cheapest crate. What are you thinking? No way I'm paying you 25000 gems to buy back 68 tuned concept. Do you just pull numbers out of a hat when deciding value. Now tournament gone so need to make money too tune for turf sell off cars is about only option. I will give my cars away before buying gems until you fix game in players favor, not saying give game away but give us a chance. Probably the worst decisions I've ever seen I such a popular game. You really blew it guys. Good luck.i think ill give csr a chance now.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

To developers. You have really pissed away a good game. You have taken away the ability to make money and gems in the game because what you are just that greedy? You expect us to pay $75000 for a mediocre set of wheels but if we sell a set to game we get $500 that's bùllshít. 20 gems for completing all those daily goals and can't even buy your cheapest crate. What are you thinking? No way I'm paying you 25000 gems to buy back 68 tuned concept. Do you just pull numbers out of a hat when deciding value. Now tournament gone so need to make money too tune for turf sell off cars is about only option. I will give my cars away before buying gems until you fix game in players favor, not saying give game away but give us a chance. Probably the worst decisions I've ever seen I such a popular game. You really blew it guys. Good luck.i think ill give csr a chance now.

Good luck with CSR. You'll be back.
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts

The people who are in charge of the game now are trying to recover the game we all once knew and loved. The problem at hand is there was so much bullshit back and forth at GLU that nothing ever got done. All the things they could have changed and should have changed were never addressed. All the real issues at hand like the tourney glitch were never addressed because the leadership was poor. Carbonated is pushing to give us a great game with a controlled economy where the money and vehicles we earn are actually worth what they should be instead of an inflated market that is flooded with Middle Eastern farmed money. Give them some time to fix this and as you wait just buy some mills. They are still under a dollar each and are very easy to obtain.

As for the buy back on the vehicle, that is also something they had been discussing. We all know to buy back a max civic is stupid because you can build one for way less then what it would cost you to buy one back if you lost one in slips. The value of a vehicle is a formula that has been the same for ages so for you to turn around and bitch about it now is stupid. Carbonated didn't create it they just haven't gotten around to fixing it.

Giving out your cars will be your call and not theirs. To me doing that would be stupid because once all the issues are fixed you will come crawling back. Especially if you think that CSR with their

NEGATIVE TIME RUNS (people can run sub 0 second runs and win without you ever having a chance.)

will provide you with a better experience. They don't even have pink slips on that game.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • rolocastrorolocastro Registered Users 62 Posts
    Days Ago I was racing a Tournament, when it starts the "countdown screen" appears and then back to the matches screen, I start a chat then in the background the race was started, I closed the chat and the matches screen appears again, back to chat and the race has finished showing a DNF for me. Next time that thing happened to me I race in the chat screen.

Days Ago I was racing a Tournament, when it starts the "countdown screen" appears and then back to the matches screen, I start a chat then in the background the race was started, I closed the chat and the matches screen appears again, back to chat and the race has finished showing a DNF for me. Next time that thing happened to me I race in the chat screen.

What's your IGN and device?
  • theghost911theghost911 Registered Users 164 Posts
    Everyone wondering in the game are we ever going to get the t4 tournaments aging and if not what will replace it to help us get money not everyone can just go out and win every race to get some cash
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    > @theghost911 said:
    > Everyone wondering in the game are we ever going to get the t4 tournaments aging and if not what will replace it to help us get money not everyone can just go out and win every race to get some cash

@theghost911 you are quite contradictive. In tournaments you need to win just the same unless .......
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts

Unless what

@greenstaged

You need cash to enter tournament if you don't have a token. You have to win once to break even, and twice to come out ahead. So it's win or nothing.
  • slim777slim777 Registered Users 27 Posts
    > @rolocastro said:
    > Days Ago I was racing a Tournament, when it starts the "countdown screen" appears and then back to the matches screen, I start a chat then in the background the race was started, I closed the chat and the matches screen appears again, back to chat and the race has finished showing a DNF for me. Next time that thing happened to me I race in the chat screen.

I was think thats happened because my worst connection and my old device
    http://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5375634/new-tournament-hack/p1
    My old post don't know if it's descriptive enough for ya
    Lmk.if it helped a little this was a while back btw few months
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts

Good luck with CSR. You'll be back.
    Don't knock CSR. I have been playing it for a while. Less issues than we have on Racing Rivals. .ALOT LESS!!!
    Just My Opinion
    Car and csr2 I'd full of nothing but speed hackers..
  • pablorockspablorocks Registered Users 57 Posts
    I play csr2 all the time what's the problem with it and racing rivals has more problems than csr2 straight up