Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Upcoming Race and Crush Point changes with Q&A

[RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
So we did a Live show on Twitch (channel: CarbonatedLive) and revealed some big changes. As expected, they're are a lot of questions. So here's a run down of what's happening.

RACE POINTS
  • HOW IT USE TO WORK
    • Points were based on the stress per race of your car only
  • HOW IT WILL WORK
    • Points will be based on skill and expected outcome of the race. So now your performance compared to the opponent's performance is the deciding factor
    • Example:
      • Good racer vs good racer
        • Same points irrelevant of who wins
      • Low performing racer vs high performing racer
        • Low performing racer can get more points for winning because it's a tougher challenge
CRUSH POINTS
  • HOW IT USE TO WORK
    • Values for crushes were based on the stress per race of the car being crushed.
    • User's car is irrelevant in figuring this value.
  • HOW IT WILL WORK
    • Values are decided by the lobby, the class, parts purchased, crate paints, crate wheels, and accessories
  • Reason for the crush value change ....
    • Scenario: Should a player get as many points for crushing a max d class car as a max r3? No.
    • Should a player get as 1/2 as many points for crushing a max d class car as a max r3? No.
    • Should a player that crushes a max D class get as much for crushing a max A class? No
    • Why? Because both a R3 and A class took more to max than a D class. So r3 is worth more than r2 which is worth more than R and so on.
This doesn't discourage using lower class cars because a person in a lower class car can still pinks and win a higher class car.

In a scenario like this...a lobby bully shows up in 56 with a class R car and everyone else is using class A or class C cars. If the R class car crushes the C class cars, the points will be ok, but nothing to write home about. If the C class car crushes the R class car, they're going to get more points.
The car the player uses is irrelevant for crush points, so use whatever you want.
The car you crush determines the value, so you'll get more for crushing higher class cars.

If you have questions, ask! I'll answer as much as I can.
Prev1

Comments

• Beemer1980Beemer1980 Registered Users 2 Posts
    You should also make where a booster can't race an unboosted car boosted. Not everyone can buy gems n boost all the time. Cuz racers not boosting can't get a legit race from ppl. Cuz ppl want to be assholes and boost on a non boosted car, when the non boosted wants a legit race, tune vs tune. But yet they can't get a legit race cuz the person boosts on them, which is robbing them of points they may have not won on tune vs tune. It's out of hand and the game is getting to where I'll start playing csr and start spending my money there. I've been playing since game was cie, n it's going down hill, Can't get legit races, things come up missing, and I'm tired of it.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    This is a well needed change I'm just waiting for you guys to make the game run at 60 FPS and un-ugly the game (If thats a word)
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

You should also make where a booster can't race an unboosted car boosted. Not everyone can buy gems n boost all the time. Cuz racers not boosting can't get a legit race from ppl. Cuz ppl want to be assholes and boost on a non boosted car, when the non boosted wants a legit race, tune vs tune. But yet they can't get a legit race cuz the person boosts on them, which is robbing them of points they may have not won on tune vs tune. It's out of hand and the game is getting to where I'll start playing csr and start spending my money there. I've been playing since game was cie, n it's going down hill, Can't get legit races, things come up missing, and I'm tired of it.

I get what you're saying but for now boosts can be bought by anyone. There are opportunities for any player to get lots of free boosts. I hear your point loud and clear though.
  • boberts427boberts427 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Love the change ideas, ty for the work!!!
  • dustyduffdustyduff Registered Users 1,143 Posts
    edited May 2017
    Im not sure if i agree 100% with the change but i dont know how its setup as of yet. Pinks has always been the way to score lots of points very quickly. I believe there are other ways of eliminating Self Crushing from the game, but this is also addressing the uneven points distribution based on cars rating. But isnt this also going to compound the amount of bullies in lower lobbies looking to free race? Im not going to pass judgement until its released and see how it fairs, but i hope turf doesnt turn into a free race fest where free racers using higher class cars bully lower lobbies and score more points.
  • DoctorDaddyDoctorDaddy Registered Users 7 Posts
    Ehhhh only thing i can say is i hope it works or this maybe the final straw in rr
  • JHARDWAYJHARDWAY Registered Users 205 Posts
    How will you determine racers skill level? If it's by your accounts total win % I see a lot of new accounts being made in the future to get better points.
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    dustyduff said:

Im not sure if i agree 100% with the change but i dont know how its setup as of yet. Pinks has always been the way to score lots of points very quickly. I believe there are other ways of eliminating Self Crushing from the game, but this is also addressing the uneven points distribution based on cars rating. But isnt this also going to compound the amount of bullies in lower lobbies looking to free race? Im not going to pass judgement until its released and see how it fairs, but i hope turf doesnt turn into a free race fest where free racers using higher class cars bully lower lobbies and score more points.

I don't think the style of players will change. If you're a player that likes to pink, you'll still be that type of player. The same thing goes for the free racers. Truth of the matter is that you're not going to run up major points like the top players unless you're willing to risk a pinks or 2. So in that aspect, I don't expect much difference.
  • clahckclahck Registered Users 7 Posts
    The reason we use d class cars and c class cars aren't because they are fast. It's because they are cheap. They also generally only pink other d class and c class cars. So svt vs svt is going to be worth less than Stingray vs stingray no matter the engine stress? That is forcing us to spend more rrc to build higher class cars to compete. Im not for the change. I think it's crap. You are overhauling the game to combat the self crushing. You will never stop someone from cheating. A cheater will always find new ways to cheat. Take away the perks for t1 or make them for all t5 team, or even make them available at different levels to all t25 teams. That will do more to eliminate self crushing than changing the crush points. I'll give it a few weeks before I make my final opinion on it, but it looks like a bad idea to me. Punishing the masses to correct a problem at the top. Sounds about right.
  • DesertRat68DesertRat68 Registered Users 53 Posts
    So now those of us with cars tuned for high damage—because we got more points per win—have to retune our entire garages because stress no longer matters? Nice. When does this lovely change get implemented?
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    I see this having an adverse effect on self crushers. Now self crushers will sit in a C class car or lower and crush their S class and higher cars for more points. Plus if I'm in a maxed civic si and I crush another maxed si I won't get nearly as many points as I would if I crushed an S class car with an S class car. As the top couple teams have shown, the cost for cars to crush isn't a big deal to them. They have no problem spending 3-4 times what the top1 car is worth just to make sure they finish 1st.
  • FRIDGIEFRIDGIE Registered Users 7 Posts
    Y pïss ass around with stuff like this.
    Y don't you
    * STOP GHOST SHIFTING, I feel this is more of a problem in the game than crush points..
    I'm still waiting for someone from Racing Rivals to come out and say that ghost shifting is part of the game and it's meant to be in there..

This will not stop self crushing as the teams up top have money to burn.
    Doing this will make it harder for the average player.
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    Only thing that sounds good is adding value to the crush points based on accessories but if you guys are taking down crush points for a higher class crushing a lower class car that's kind if stupid that's not being a bully people have a option to raise or accept the pinks slips so that's they're fault if their car gets taken in pinks... You guys do realize people build killer tunes for a reason and also risk high end cars for crushes at the end of the day everyone have the option to accept a pinks slips ya know
    DuceRee said:

Only thing that sounds good is adding value to the crush points based on accessories but if you guys are taking down crush points for a higher class crushing a lower class car that's kind if stupid that's not being a bully people have a option to raise or accept the pinks slips so that's they're fault if their car gets taken in pinks... You guys do realize people build killer tunes for a reason and also risk high end cars for crushes at the end of the day everyone have the option to accept a pinks slips ya know

When one player crushes a car, it doesn't matter what they're using to crush it with. It never has. The only thing that matters about the crush is the car being crushed.
    So points won't be changed for crushing lower class cars

So now those of us with cars tuned for high damage—because we got more points per win—have to retune our entire garages because stress no longer matters? Nice. When does this lovely change get implemented?

not entirely. The higher the lobby you're in the more points you'll get :)
    JHARDWAY said:

How will you determine racers skill level? If it's by your accounts total win % I see a lot of new accounts being made in the future to get better points.

We determine it kind of by win % but it's more of an actively changing number based on how you're currently performing. And we have ways of preventing new accounts from abusing the system.
    That's a smart move^ you know what would be nice to get a few bonus points for crushing someone with a streak of super high ratio just a thought I had in mind
  • clahckclahck Registered Users 7 Posts
    > @C y r u s said:
    > I see this having an adverse effect on self crushers. Now self crushers will sit in a C class car or lower and crush their S class and higher cars for more points. Plus if I'm in a maxed civic si and I crush another maxed si I won't get nearly as many points as I would if I crushed an S class car with an S class car. As the top couple teams have shown, the cost for cars to crush isn't a big deal to them. They have no problem spending 3-4 times what the top1 car is worth just to make sure they finish 1st.

Agree 1000%. They will do whatever it takes, including using any advantage they can no matter what it is, to get top score. That was evident last time Nexus challenged them and won. They cried and cried about how nexus "made" them self crush. Bullshit. If you had morals, nothing would compel you to cheat. Therefore there is nothing that can be done to keep them from finding some advantage and using it for their own gain.
  • maddhaddermaddhadder Registered Users 9 Posts
    Ok so now the people who can spend 20.00 plus week on rrc can by the r2 bmw for 1 mil and not tune it and enter a 1656 lobby with a 1651 c class car and crush themselves and get more pts. Awesome. Money talks in this game and if you want to be the best SKILL is no longer needed, just deap pockets. This is basically what u are saying. Right?
    Call me i got some ideas that will be better
    Flop flop fiz fiz oh what a ???? Game this is.(becoming)
    Wanna stop self crushing. Dont alow 2 devices on the same internet address providers to crush each other. 2nd track how many time int pro A. Crush int pro B in a turf. If cought. Banned. Ip ad cant even create another acct fir 30 1st off 90 for 2nd and indef for 3rd. Oh wait that wont work bcuz they spend big bucks on gems. Like i said b4. Money buys 1st place. Well follow the money
    clahck said:

> @C y r u s said:

> I see this having an adverse effect on self crushers. Now self crushers will sit in a C class car or lower and crush their S class and higher cars for more points. Plus if I'm in a maxed civic si and I crush another maxed si I won't get nearly as many points as I would if I crushed an S class car with an S class car. As the top couple teams have shown, the cost for cars to crush isn't a big deal to them. They have no problem spending 3-4 times what the top1 car is worth just to make sure they finish 1st.

Agree 1000%. They will do whatever it takes, including using any advantage they can no matter what it is, to get top score. That was evident last time Nexus challenged them and won. They cried and cried about how nexus "made" them self crush. Bullshit. If you had morals, nothing would compel you to cheat. Therefore there is nothing that can be done to keep them from finding some advantage and using it for their own gain.

We so have mad plans for those that self crush or try to break the system. We will react accordingly to preserve the game in the name of fun for everyone (except cheaters!)

Ok so now the people who can spend 20.00 plus week on rrc can by the r2 bmw for 1 mil and not tune it and enter a 1656 lobby with a 1651 c class car and crush themselves and get more pts. Awesome. Money talks in this game and if you want to be the best SKILL is no longer needed, just deap pockets. This is basically what u are saying. Right?

No. It's not about deep pockets at all. However, if you spent a lot on a car....whoever crushed it should be able to crush it for a lot.

Wanna stop self crushing. Dont alow 2 devices on the same internet address providers to crush each other. 2nd track how many time int pro A. Crush int pro B in a turf. If cought. Banned. Ip ad cant even create another acct fir 30 1st off 90 for 2nd and indef for 3rd. Oh wait that wont work bcuz they spend big bucks on gems. Like i said b4. Money buys 1st place. Well follow the money

Even that system can be defeated and pretty easily. SC is one issue and we have some wicked solutions to that too. The point revamp is about rewarding the value that you, the player, put forth.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    So now when I crush S class cars with a B class in 50 lobby I will get more than 65 points?
  • FLYINBRIFLYINBRI Registered Users 6 Posts
    I like the idea of trying to eliminate self crushing. I just don't see how this will work. Top teams will make the switch quick to continue their methods. As a matter of fact this will give them a huge advantage. When your account has hundreds of millions and thousands of gems there is no trouble adjusting your garage to max points. Some of us average players and new players will be thrown farther out of reach of top 100. I have 300 cars tuned for max damage and I don't pinks. I like to run like that. I can make 30k in turf with that method. It works well for me and some of my team. I log in and play everyday. If my points are driven down per free race because you are trying to eliminate top teams advantage my interest in the game will quickly disappear. I am not retuning 300 cars. I still gain no advantage to get my team higher ranked yet we are legit. Why not open up some more prize brackets in turf so that teams can achieve some satisfaction. At 49 with a family, I'm not spending my whole weekend stuck to my phone(s) thinking we will ever edge out cheaters, hackers, etc. We have run hard and hit top 100 a few times but when you finish top 105 you get the same as top 625. Huge gap there. My opinion is screw the top 25. That's for those who feel this game is their life. Why not help those who run hard for top 100 but finish less with a bracket say at top 300?
    If you run pinks you won't have that problem @FLYINBRI making t100
  • FLYINBRIFLYINBRI Registered Users 6 Posts
    I don't have a problem making top 100 Duce. I can hit 30k without pinks. Not my point. My point was this change still give top teams the advantage.
    I hear ya