Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Gold Crates - what do you think?

[RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
So the crates were refreshed after turf wars. Below is the list of new stuff in them. Tell us what you think. If you don't like something, tell us why. It sucks, isn't a good answer.

2 New Cars:
1970 Ford Torino Cobra R
2016 Ford GT Race Car

2 Refreshed Cars with a new spin
2009 Ford GT-R LE
2013 Citroen DS3 R-P

2 New Paints
Sun Orange
Foxxi Moxxi

New Rims
Spikes SE (White Glow Finish)
Pin (Rose Gold Finish)
Sharp (Bronze)
Cut (Gloss Silver w/ Red Rivets)

Comments

• BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Personally, crates with as little reused cars as possible are the ones people tend to have the urge to by the most cause at least they have more satisfaction knowing they are getting brand new content.
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    edited May 2017
    Too many paints. It's a bitter pill when you buy 9 crates and you get 2 print, 2 wheels, and 5 matte paints. I know it's a lottery, but I have seriously stopped buying crates because I don't see spending 5000 gems to maybe build 1 car worth it. If you build one, it's not likely the one you want, plus you have a pile of half built cars.

Something to consider though.... Having the Racer Club thing more often. Have the sweet car prints available in the lower brackets. If someone only needed 2 to complete a car, they could do that for 1200 gems or something. They have already likely bought crates, got screwed on matte paints, and obviously willing to spend a few more gems with the guarantee of completing a car.

I've had to buy inventory spots to accommodate my vast collection of 3/4 complete cars.
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts

So the crates were refreshed after turf wars. Below is the list of new stuff in them. Tell us what you think. If you don't like something, tell us why. It sucks, isn't a good answer.

2 New Cars:
    1970 Ford Torino Cobra R
    2016 Ford GT Race Car

2 Refreshed Cars with a new spin
    2009 Ford GT-R LE
    2013 Citroen DS3 R-P

2 New Paints
    Sun Orange
    Foxxi Moxxi

New Rims
    Spikes SE (White Glow Finish)
    Pin (Rose Gold Finish)
    Sharp (Bronze)
    Cut (Gloss Silver w/ Red Rivets)

I think the Ford Torino would have made a great turf vehicle because it just has that awesome look to it. But being able to get it in a gold version makes it all the more awesome. The Ford GT Race Car is just beautiful and that vehicle alone is worth cracking crates for. The downfall of the crates to me comes with the other two re-purposed vehicles. The Ford GT-R has been used 9 times in game as either a turf car or a crate car or part of a designated experience vehicle like the WWE versions. We also have multiple wrapped versions that I didn't take into account and getting a "LE" version that looks just like all the others to me at least makes the car a bust. It would have been nice to have seen some Limited Edition Light Weight rims on the vehicle that would make it stand out from normal versions and that would make pushing for it actually worth getting. Or even better would be to design a graphic that would sit on the vehicle but that also allowed for the body under the graphics to be painted so that it would stand out from normal vehicles. Same basic issue with the Citroen, we are given a vehicle that looks just like another vehicle that was earned through turf and now that vehicle basically becomes worthless because of this new version that is faster. This isn't something that is appreciated by those who had to race all weekend to earn the vehicle that has now been replaced by a faster version.

The paints are awesome, I'm sure it gets hard to keep coming out with new versions of colors but with the different finishes it makes new stuff like the ones in this crate and in the last updated crates all the more awesome and wanted.

The Spikes white glows are beautiful it's pretty cool to see these rims finally making their way into the game. The rose gold finish on the pin rims really makes them pop. All the other versions really didn't do much for me but seeing the rose gold on these really makes them stand out and helps to finish your vehicle off really nice. The Sharp and the Cut and really even the pin all kind of have the same twist look to them but these other two really don't do much for me. I don't mind the bonze sharp because of the way it looks on the track but the Cut just kind of looks lame and really isn't something I'd want on my car in real life and especially don't want to see when spending what the gold crates cost. I do like that the 57MagPro's were squeezed into the gold crates because the mags are always a welcomed site in the crates and the V series rims that we only had access to for a few weeks here and there are always appreciated. Would LOVE to see the V series rims in different finishes like bronze or gold that would really make them pop.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    Just glade to copo is not in gold crates :D
    But now we have Ford gtr and Citroen :D
    Gold used to be 5 blue prints now it's 5,6,7 :D
    Cmon :D

IGN : 1320killer
  • casique23casique23 Registered Users 2,778 Posts
    I think they are a little pricey for how many prints you need to get for the good cars
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    > @SWEETRIDE95 said:
    > Too many paints. It's a bitter pill when you buy 9 crates and you get 2 print, 2 wheels, and 5 matte paints. I know it's a lottery, but I have seriously stopped buying crates because I don't see spending 5000 gems to maybe build 1 car worth it. If you build one, it's not likely the one you want, plus you have a pile of half built cars.
    >
    > Something to consider though.... Having the Racer Club thing more often. Have the sweet car prints available in the lower brackets. If someone only needed 2 to complete a car, they could do that for 1200 gems or something. They have already likely bought crates, got screwed on matte paints, and obviously willing to spend a few more gems with the guarantee of completing a car.
    >
    > I've had to buy inventory spots to accommodate my vast collection of 3/4 complete cars.

And guess what ? ... Inventory spots cost gems. Unless you sell the uncompleted car bps you will need to buy more spots to get new stuff while waiting or rather hoping that glu would relaunch those specific bp you still need.
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    edited May 2017
    Honestly... Game is getting annoying. Over priced and flooded with way to much new content.

When flake paint came out... Everyone was happy. Finally a few.... A FEW. New colors to mess with.

Now, we are getting 2-4 new colors every week. Can't keep up.

Cars are nice but again, flooding the game. Very the new car and is gold twin.... Why?

Put the gold, silver and bronze into showdown. T1-25 get gold. T26-50 get silver. T51-75 get bronze.

Last note.... New showroom cars.... Every hear of rrc? Try it!
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    @DdgDktaRlz

Pricing isn't really off. It's fair, priced between gold and silver. Also, there are outside factors that determine where they get set.

In regards to new colors, it's a double edged sword. We get bashed for not putting out new content, but then we get based for putting out new content. Just gotta find a happy medium which seems invisible.

We use to do 24 hour events on showdown and that's how you got the metallic cars. 24 hour events are a thing of the past now though except in turf...

RRC cars...they'll come eventually.
    I understand the game needs to make money.... Try to recover losses from the past....

But if you don't help out the largest demographic in the game... The free / light spender.... You won't turn them into big spenders.

How many new paints / rims have been released since red flake came out?

Of those numbers.... How many were for rrc?

:)

• [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

I understand the game needs to make money.... Try to recover losses from the past....

But if you don't help out the largest demographic in the game... The free / light spender.... You won't turn them into big spenders.

How many new paints / rims have been released since red flake came out?

Of those numbers.... How many were for rrc?

:)

Only 1 of them was RRC...the red flake.... But we give out free crate tokens too. Thus, you can get paints for less than RRC. FREE.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    > @[RR] Prodigal Grim said
    >
    > We use to do 24 hour events on showdown and that's how you got the metallic cars. 24 hour events are a thing of the past now though except in turf...
    >
    > RRC cars...they'll come eventually.

Umm showdown is still 24hr events.............
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • XXTHECOLLECTORXXXXTHECOLLECTORXX Registered Users 8 Posts
    I just miss cars that have a wrap and not the metallic wrap those in my opinion or plain. Bring back nice designed wraped cars to crates.
    > @[RR] Prodigal Grim said:
    > I understand the game needs to make money.... Try to recover losses from the past....
    >
    >
    >
    > But if you don't help out the largest demographic in the game... The free / light spender.... You won't turn them into big spenders.
    >
    >
    >
    > How many new paints / rims have been released since red flake came out?
    >
    >
    >
    > Of those numbers.... How many were for rrc?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > :)
    >
    > Only 1 of them was RRC...the red flake.... But we give out free crate tokens too. Thus, you can get paints for less than RRC. FREE.

Oh..... You mean the tokens we have to earn... By racing.

Where can I earn some fnf tokens?

How many gold tokens can a person actually earn in a week? Silver?

The only REAL free tokens are the performance crates and those haven't been updated since they came out.

Not trying to be mean or rude or inconsiderate. I'm one of the small people. So far the small people haven't gotten much.

The people.... Us... Have seen the re release of cars, fpw and more which took once precious cars and made them into junk.

The people are given money scheme after money scheme... To help pay for this recovery. But what did we get back?

I love ya Prodigal... Great person, great guy. But I am waiting to see the people represented. So far you are sounding like a puppet.

Basically the players that rise to the top definitely have the best chance to achieve the most free stuff over time. In terms of worth, that goes 2 ways...

1) Personal worth... If you have a car no one else does or a paint/wheel config someone else does, it adds personal value. THOUSANDS of people play this game daily (long term) and MANY MANY times that play it daily. For those that are new, we want them to have a chance to get something like what our elder gamers have. They won't get the epic wrap from the turf, but they can have a very similar car. You may say that's not fair, but you've had that car for 6 months, 1 or 2 years... and that means something. You had it first. Now we're going to give new players a chance to share in that. It won't be the same, but it'll be something like it. That what the retweaked new versions of the car are. Something to let the elder players keep their prestige trophy while give new players a taste. Hopefully the new players stick around and join in and start making their own prestige.

2) Black market worth...not such a big deal. We know it exists. We don't support it. BUT, we get it.

In terms of rewarding the little guy...we're working on it. There are a bunch of behind the scenes things we're working on. If we fix them and you don't notice, then we did our job right. The ugly part of that is it creates the illusion that we didn't really do anything from the player perspective when in the long run it allows us to do cool stuff in the future. A lot of what we're doing is backend stuff to prep for that future content. Good stuff is coming for sure.
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    > @[RR] Prodigal Grim said:
    > 2) Black market worth...not such a big deal. We know it exists. We don't support it. BUT, we get it.
    >
    That's a major key that's what keep things afloat and people happy "black market" is wjat keepsthis thing going or at least use to people used to spend bigmoney on this game just to get things first or have and treasure an item they atleast thought would still be rare no one is going to keep blowing money for gems every time something new drops because now it's like what's the rush it'll either come back out in limited edition crates or racer club true collectors don't even collect anymore and blow money for those various of reasons and you killed lots of people interest in the market when you guys re released the Ferrari cars in racer club you really screwed those poles over well glu did... did you see how much gems it costed to complete that and than everything gets re-releasedfor a fraction of the value like what us that
    @DuceRee
    DuceRee said:
    I know what you mean about this. I was a player like all of you before I started working as the community manager. I payed the high price to be one of the few that owned an Enzo. I even hunted down a pair of green SFT's to make it worth about $250 on the black market and then the Enzo was re-released again for a quarter of the gem requirement. I definitely keep these things in mind when we discuss new content.
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    Damnn that's a hear break those are hard to find but that's good that you guys are graceful of what collectors and others feel
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I know this topic is on Gold crates but lets talk some on the Perform crates.
    How about new wheels in the perform crates? Also what happened to the 1 S class Fiberglass body part per week in the perform crates this rotation? If not having the S-class fg part each week how about some Naked CF parts in there for some A-class cars? (1 part per week like the last rotation had S-class fg parts)
    @JohnKIV I've been barking about performance crates for a few months.... Nothing changes.

Carbonated has the same mentality of Glu. $$$

There is little to zero care about the 95% of people that play this game.

@JohnKIV and @DdgDktaRlz
    Performance crates are just on recycle mode. Keep in mind I'm a player when I say this, not just an official capacity scrub...lol. Performance crates are the devil. They're cool, but they cause a ton of problems. The best example I can give is max racing. Some players HATE tuning, as in EPIC 50 SHADES OF HATE tuning. They enjoy max racing. In their eyes, everyone is on par (same setup, same car) and the ONLY deciding factors are the launch and shifts...may the best player win. Performance crates messed that up.

For the tuners, they're fun. They make things go a little faster. HOWEVER, I enjoy ghost shift cars/tunes. They're a blast. High reward, high risk. Nail it and go vroom, miss it and go boom. Performance parts made ghostable cars OP. Way OP. I am not going to say ghosting is bad or a glitch or anything of the like. I do know a ton about the economy of the cars in regards to times. I still hold more world records than anyone else for lobby tunes. (I use to run Racing Rivals Collective Records on Facebook).

That story being told, performance crates.....not getting any new stuff...so collect your tokens and burn them when the car you want comes up. The RWB isn't in the cycle....that was BAD juju.
    Performance crates are in their second iteration... But the same wheels for all of them.

I can collect them till forever. When Z28 came out, my one account had over 400. I'm already over 250 again.

The one free thing the people get... Has been put on auto play and left to rot.

Spice up the wheels once in awhile. Toss in some matte white and black.

Hell, maybe a new car! Not a showroom but a brand new car. Imagine the love of it was actually a competitive car as well?!

• Ravi_NakamaraRavi_Nakamara Registered Users 1,982 Posts
    @[RR] Prodigal Grim Dang it. I was actually waiting for my hundred performance crate tokens just for that Rough Rhythm. I was really wanting to get that for free one day because the stupid offer wall won't let me do the Game of War or Mobile Strike offers. Guess I'll be stuck being a broke kid who doesn't have enough time to spend his life pinking RS REs for value.
  • slim777slim777 Registered Users 27 Posts
    Aahhh hmmm i think idc. Because im just collecting gems. So far i already owned my favorite car. Just wondering why always a same car with different type. And too much american cars. Why you not put a legendary car like toyota celica gt4 4WD, ford RS200, or mazda 767B or whatever you want but its a legendary car. And i want audy and porsche in showroom lol. Sorry for my bad english.
  • adeechiadeechi Registered Users 7,246 Posts
    edited June 2017
    Hey buddy.
    I am a ( pretty much ex) player of three years and have a business degree under my belt.

This game is crashing down... very little is being done to attract new players and the retention rate is extremely low. Marketing of the game is nonexistent. I remember when the game first came out on android it was on top charts on google play. This is what got me into it. Today, it's barely in the top 100. So all you're left with is aging players getting tired of the current system and interaction. New players fuel the game. You're relying on the word of mouth from players to have your majority of downloads. But you got more people quitting than joining. So there's certainly not enough to keep everything smooth. The circle is going to keep getting smaller and smaller until something revolutionary happens at glu/carbonated.

I urge you to push for a second installment of the game. It would do wonders to marketing. I understand it would take years to develop something like this but it would be a saving grace. Also, the launch of the new car town would lift glu from the rut it is in. I would focus more on that game so that glu can attain stability to attack this game.

I know that you don't make decisions like this. But I know you have a larger voice than me... no matter how small that voice might be. I would like to hear your argument.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited June 2017
    My only complaint is that I opened 4 batches of gold crates and didn't manage to collect all four bp required for the paintable Torino. I did get 6 gold ones though. Why is it that the drop rate for the car is poor ?
  • JSE RacingJSE Racing Registered Users 1,573 Posts
    edited June 2017

@JohnKIV I've been barking about performance crates for a few months.... Nothing changes.

Carbonated has the same mentality of Glu. $$$

There is little to zero care about the 95% of people that play this game.

Isn't carbonated only here to make sure glu gets money out of a failing investment?
    As for everything else I haven't even been buying crates like i used to due to blueprints. Allow us to vote in a car every 4 months or.something.. list 5 cars and let the people vote on your Facebook page and decide a peoples choice turf. I understand the licensing issues so thats why we make it multiple choice :wink:
  • slim777slim777 Registered Users 27 Posts
    > @greenstaged said:
    > My only complaint is that I opened 4 batches of gold crates and didn't manage to collect all four bp required for the paintable Torino. I did get 6 gold ones though. Why is it that the drop rate for the car is poor ?

This happened with me too lol
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    edited June 2017
    @adeechi Yeah i keep expressing the same thing and while they claim they are listening i question it. They say give it time. They say the game is not dying. Me and many other people see otherwise like literally all the veterans i worked with and collabed with to get shiit accom

@Roush Sport and Grafalgar claim the game will shape up in time with Roush also claiming the game will "have a rebirth of sorts" and while he is one of the few i truly trust, that is quite the claim cause RR at it's peak was at unworldy levels of popularity and the community was thriving. Like RR incinerating, annihilating, destroying, and obliterating CSR 1 is one of the big reasons CSR 2 exists and is what it is. Like people claim GLU copied CSR 2, but CSR's biggest features are clearly are freaking copied from RR.

So i truly do not think RR will be return to it's "ultimate state" it was once on.

But now that i think about it, if they dont fix this game, just like GLU, we will make their whole shiit go under
  • ECTO01ECTO01 Registered Users 4,310 Posts
    edited June 2017
    Putting turf cars in crates suck, renaming them by putting a "R-P" is too close imo. The Citroen DS3 WRC and Citroen DS3 R-P for example.
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    We need updated turf crates please.