Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Upcoming Race and Crush Point changes with Q&A

2Next

Comments

• [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    FLYINBRI said:

I like the idea of trying to eliminate self crushing. I just don't see how this will work. Top teams will make the switch quick to continue their methods. As a matter of fact this will give them a huge advantage. When your account has hundreds of millions and thousands of gems there is no trouble adjusting your garage to max points. Some of us average players and new players will be thrown farther out of reach of top 100. I have 300 cars tuned for max damage and I don't pinks. I like to run like that. I can make 30k in turf with that method. It works well for me and some of my team. I log in and play everyday. If my points are driven down per free race because you are trying to eliminate top teams advantage my interest in the game will quickly disappear. I am not retuning 300 cars. I still gain no advantage to get my team higher ranked yet we are legit. Why not open up some more prize brackets in turf so that teams can achieve some satisfaction. At 49 with a family, I'm not spending my whole weekend stuck to my phone(s) thinking we will ever edge out cheaters, hackers, etc. We have run hard and hit top 100 a few times but when you finish top 105 you get the same as top 625. Huge gap there. My opinion is screw the top 25. That's for those who feel this game is their life. Why not help those who run hard for top 100 but finish less with a bracket say at top 300?

I understand you have a family and a life and then there's RR. That's how the balance should be. Family first then hobbies. In all honesty, if you're racing maxed cars then you'll be upper lobbies which should balance out to be what you're use to. I don't have an answer for you about the gaps right now though.
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    I see you straight skipped @FRIDGIE comment on GS. Guess that's a touchy subject.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    > @FRIDGIE said:
    > Y pïss **** around with stuff like this.
    > Y don't you
    > * STOP GHOST SHIFTING, I feel this is more of a problem in the game than crush points..
    > I'm still waiting for someone from Racing Rivals to come out and say that ghost shifting is part of the game and it's meant to be in there..
    >
    > This will not stop self crushing as the teams up top have money to burn.
    > Doing this will make it harder for the average player.

Hey bud. We've met and chat in game many times. Ghost shifting isn't going anywhere. It's not a glitch. It wasn't intended either. However, do some research into shift optimization, shift points, and close ratio transmissions and you'll find this to be a real thing. Ghosting as a mechanic (the action involved in ghosting) isn't really an issue. The advantage gained in lobbies kind of is though. This is something that will take time to balance out.

In regards to self crush and feeding, we have great plans for the guys that will release right with this new system. The new system is built to be rewarding to the player that tries and races fair while also a very bad day for cheaters.
  • Gypsy Drag KingGypsy Drag King Registered Users 20 Posts
    U should make turf cars give more free race points , that way more ppl will use them & more of a chance to win some in pinks ,I almost never use turf cars in turf because pts are so low & most of them aren't any faster than regular cars in Lobbies but just a suggestion

U should make turf cars give more free race points , that way more ppl will use them & more of a chance to win some in pinks ,I almost never use turf cars in turf because pts are so low & most of them aren't any faster than regular cars in Lobbies but just a suggestion

I like where you're going with that. But we've got something like that in mind.
  • ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    Ya know. I like this idea. Good job fellas good job.
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    I like this too. But there are gonna be ppl crying like B.itches no matter what y'all do..
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Any fix on the chat system that doesn't work? And hasn't for months?
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Off topic but since I never see any company rep ever respond in the suggestion section.

How about new wheels in the perform crates? Also what happened to the 1 S class Fiberglass body part per week in the perform crates this rotation? If not having the S-class fg part each week how about some Naked CF parts in there for some A-class cars? (1 part per week like the last rotation had S-class fg parts)
  • j2 theizzoj2 theizzo Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    Now im not like super smart we all know this but from what i gather you're just changing value of the crush which means instead of seeing 5m 1st place outcomes we'll see 2.5m and as for legit teams doing 600-700k now we'll see 300-350k . Wouldnt it be more effective to set up some system where we race different players every week so its harder or at least more time consuming to set up those crush accts maybe even have it rotate after each event so even if they sacrifice the 1st event they wont be able to meet up throughout the rest
  • j2 theizzoj2 theizzo Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    Also when is this going live? Im grateful some thing is being tried but just feels like itll just lower the scores of everyone keeping those self crushing teams in the lead just not with ridiculous numbers like we've seen lately
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    How about an actual turf where you have to race.... No points for pink, only get the car and the glory.

The closer the race, the more points the winner gets.

Beat someone by 0.001 you get 200 points.
    Beat someone by 0.100 you get 100 points.
    Beat someone by 0.200+ you get 25 points.
    Chicken out to a race... Lose 10pts.
    Win a chicken out ... Get 5pts.

Or something along those lines.

This style will also help to keep lobby bullies at bay. Can do a lot more single car events. Make the game about the racers. Make the turf about actual races.

Let's show people who the racers are. Making the game Racing Rivals not Crushing Rivals.
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    ^^^^^^ @DdgDktaRlz that is a great idea imo. Also will make less points beating a unboosted car in a boosted car.
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    > @DdgDktaRlz said:
    > How about an actual turf where you have to race.... No points for pink, only get the car and the glory.
    >
    > The closer the race, the more points the winner gets.
    >
    > Beat someone by 0.001 you get 200 points.
    > Beat someone by 0.100 you get 100 points.
    > Beat someone by 0.200+ you get 25 points.
    > Chicken out to a race... Lose 10pts.
    > Win a chicken out ... Get 5pts.
    >
    > Or something along those lines.
    >
    > This style will also help to keep lobby bullies at bay. Can do a lot more single car events. Make the game about the racers. Make the turf about actual races.
    >
    > Let's show people who the racers are. Making the game Racing Rivals not Crushing Rivals.

That's a good idea but you shouldn't get less points in a pinks for smoking someone everyone has the choice of accepting or raising
    Wanna see who the real racers are?? Get rid of crush pts... And I live the idea of getting more pts for close races..
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    Pinks and crushing is exciting
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    Some good, some bad. I've always thought it was dumb to base the crush points on the engine damage of the car being crushed - there is just no point in crushing high end cars from lower lobbies. I do hope they don't drop the points for C and D class crushes too much. That would really screw my Turfs up most weeks. I simply do not have the inclination to spend lots of time and money tuning high end cars. I like cars that I don't care about losing. It will drastically reduce the amount of pinks I run and interest in the game if that happens.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    > @aubassplayer said:
    > Wanna see who the real racers are?? Get rid of crush pts... And I live the idea of getting more pts for close races..

Some form of Crush points should remain. what needs to be done is substitute the current points by doubling the points you get when you win. I mean what will you do with class d cars you win from pinks. You'll end up with an armada of jettas or civics. Further to this the gap between top teams would diminish drastically. The points top teams are getting is ridiculous. Il bet that no one Will exceed 750k points.
    > @greenstaged said:
    > > @aubassplayer said:
    > > Wanna see who the real racers are?? Get rid of crush pts... And I live the idea of getting more pts for close races..
    >
    > Some form of Crush points should remain. what needs to be done is substitute the current points by doubling the points you get when you win. I mean what will you do with class d cars you win from pinks. You'll end up with an armada of jettas or civics. Further to this the gap between top teams would diminish drastically. The points top teams are getting is ridiculous. Il bet that no one Will exceed 750k points.

You won't have an Armada of d class. Cause ppl will stop pinking d class cause no crush value. I know I wouldn't pink a d class car in a higher class car..wouldn't be worth it. So ppl will start racing higher class cars.
    dwdtuning said:

Any fix on the chat system that doesn't work? And hasn't for months?

I don't have any update on this. The problem we're having is trying to replicate it. I know it's happened to a lot of people. Think about it like this.... Have you ever been driving and your car started making a noise? Then you take it to the shop, grab the mechanic to listen and the dang car stops doing it? The mechanic has no clue and you feel infuriated. Then you get in your car pissed off, drive off, and to top it off... the noise comes back a mile down the road. That's how we feel on this issue. We know it exists, we just can't find it or replicate it... But we're still trying.
  • remyboys88_Shemarremyboys88_Shemar Registered Users 1 Posts
    Oh ok
  • Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
    Hi has the new points system been used cause i can't see any differences @prodigal grim
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @[RR] Prodigal Grim said:

>
    > We so have mad plans for those that self crush or try to break the system. We will react accordingly to preserve the game in the name of fun for everyone (except cheaters!)

Since when self crushers are cheaters ?.. If they are than ban them retroactively. Everyone knows what happened 5 weeks ago.
  • MARTINTEXAS2MARTINTEXAS2 Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    when is it live