Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Rivals Live and YOU (6/14/2017)

[RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
edited June 2017 in The Carbonated Garage
Rivals Live is at it again this Wednesday @ 2 PM PST on Twitch.

I'm going to let you guys pick the topics. I won't answer any of the questions on here, you'll have to tune in to get them. Ask the questions you’ve always wanted to know and find out the answer face-to-face.

Post your question below! It doesn't have to be for me. It can be for the dev team too. Keep in mind that we only have answers for stuff that's happened since Carbonated took over. Anything past that is speculation...

Twitch Channel: CarbonatedLive
When: 2 PM PST on Wednesday (6/14/2017)
Prev1

Comments

• MidnightGambleMidnightGamble Registered Users 1 Posts
    Will there be any more dealership cars that can be purchased in RRC? I have almost every car & id like to have some different cars. CRX
  • Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    edited June 2017
    Nos fail.

I'd like to discuss the combination of the nos button being taken out and the nos level bar added to the launch button. Then this settles the issue of nos fail.

When a car has nos installed the nos level bar will be added around the launch button.

When clicking launch. The nos activates as well if it's installed.
  • Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    One more subject.

Let's see you guys add a basic car that gets a location turf wrap for teams 101 and up.

Give those teams more a reason to turf for a special wrap showroom or crate car. This will give them something that shows they turf rio,England ,ect.

So it will be like a evo8 that has a wrap for the location to state they turf and feel better about pushing to get to being a top 100 team in the future.

Give them hope and they will feel more part of the winning circle.
  • THAT JUICE NOOBTHAT JUICE NOOB Registered Users 21 Posts
    edited June 2017
    Will there be an introduction of a more comprehensive car sorting system in the garage? I like the system currently but it could have a few tweaks. For example when searching alphabetically for a car it would be great to have a selector to choose a letter and once generated only having the cars chosen of that letter and the others are filtered out possibly eliminating lagginess of having all other cars populated. Also having an option to view in ascending or descending order according via lobby rating for things like turf and racer showdowns or even a lobby rate selector 1645, 1650, 1656 etc. that exhibits similar to the Garage filtering mentioned earlier. Any thoughts on this?
  • horsed1ckdotmepghorsed1ckdotmepg Registered Users 3 Posts
    Can we get more forced inductions such as pro charger? Also would like to see motor swaps (keep it between brands. Example rb swap in the Silvia) would also like to see more import cars.
  • XXTHECOLLECTORXXXXTHECOLLECTORXX Registered Users 8 Posts
    When will wrap cars come back to crates and not those solid bronze, silver, gold wraps i mean full on nice pattern or design wrap like the camaro z28 with the wierd blue shapes or the stickerbomb cars. I want to waste gems on those. ;)
  • evazque1evazque1 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Can you make it posible to make multiple car purchases en showroom makes it easyer to get ready for turf if you can buy more than one at a time
  • horsed1ckdotmepghorsed1ckdotmepg Registered Users 3 Posts
    Can we also go more in depth into the conversions. Have the option for single turbo, twin turbo, super charger, twin screw super charger and pro charger. It would make building more fun I think bc we would have to figure out which performs best with each car and or lobby
  • U_Rasie_PinksU_Rasie_Pinks Registered Users 289 Posts
    we have been seeing muscle after muscle turf cars which isnt to bad but I'd like to know when we are going to start seeing some cars like r34re, r35re, r33re, r32re and 300zxre. Also if we are going to get a few new lower class cars in the showroom.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    edited June 2017
    Going off of @Mr. Gershowitz idea. I would also like to see the 101-250ish teams get a car with a wrap and the idea of just a basic showroom car with a wrap is cool.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Lets talk about what the plans are to fix this terrible overall look and feel of the game and what are the possibilities as of it being fixed. Feels like quite an overlooked subject. Lets also talk about what happened to how the hell we went from a smooth 60 FPS to a poor 25 FPS average. I want answers that arent being given
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Thats one more people would love to be enlightened on considering that was the core problem of 6.0 as a whole
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    I am seriously beginning to hate what you guys are doing to us.
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • slim777slim777 Registered Users 27 Posts
    Bots in tournament lobby will save our time. Thanks
  • XXTHECOLLECTORXXXXTHECOLLECTORXX Registered Users 8 Posts
    When will we be able to take conversion kits off cars please say soon really soon because i have been waiting 2 years to be able to take nos of my m3 gt2 google play.
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

I am seriously beginning to hate what you guys are doing to us.

elaborate please.
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    > @THAT JUICE NOOB said:
    > Will there be an introduction of a more comprehensive car sorting system in the garage? I like the system currently but it could have a few tweaks. For example when searching alphabetically for a car it would be great to have a selector to choose a letter and once generated only having the cars chosen of that letter and the others are filtered out possibly eliminating lagginess of having all other cars populated. Also having an option to view in ascending or descending order according via lobby rating for things like turf and racer showdowns or even a lobby rate selector 1645, 1650, 1656 etc. that exhibits similar to the Garage filtering mentioned earlier. Any thoughts on this?

It's already like that when you put turf or showdown eligible it goes in order from lowest rating to highest
    > @DuceRee said:
    > > @THAT JUICE NOOB said:
    > > Will there be an introduction of a more comprehensive car sorting system in the garage? I like the system currently but it could have a few tweaks. For example when searching alphabetically for a car it would be great to have a selector to choose a letter and once generated only having the cars chosen of that letter and the others are filtered out possibly eliminating lagginess of having all other cars populated. Also having an option to view in ascending or descending order according via lobby rating for things like turf and racer showdowns or even a lobby rate selector 1645, 1650, 1656 etc. that exhibits similar to the Garage filtering mentioned earlier. Any thoughts on this?
    >
    > It's already like that when you put turf or showdown eligible it goes in order from lowest rating to highest

I am aware of this and Yes I know it's like that already but not just exclusive to events, At anytime would be good too is what I'm getting at. Its convenient for events for sure but becomes cumbersome sorting through cars to tune and prepare for the events when you constantly have to sift through the cars if you are a racer with many cars that is, those who don't have very many possibly may not have an issue. I'm just asking if there will be more options to filtering cars.
    @THAT JUICE NOOB
    I had over 1k cars and 60% weren't showroom cars now I have like 700 or more cars trust me I have a big garage also if you learn the little cheats or shortcuts around the garage it'll be easier I can teach you but I get where your coming from most people don't know how to do it tbh
    Ok bud...

Elaboration...

Everything new is $$$.

Everything.

EVERYTHING!

Nothing has been done for the users. Oh I get the game fixes that we shouldn't see.... But the game should run good anyways. People are blindly throwing money into a broken product.

The only thing we get out of it is entertainment. But, that also comes at a regular cost of you wanna be even the slightest amount of competitive.

For example:

The last rrc paint color to come out, on purpose, was red flake.

There are currently 77 available colors in the game. (showroom / crate)

38 in showroom
    27 for rrc
    11 for gem

39 in crate
    All for gem

50 of the 77 colors have to be paid for in some fashion with gems.

Questions for you to answer, if you can help me... Over the past two years...

What was the last car to come out into the showroom for rrc?

How many cars have been removed from the showroom? Rrc cars vs gem cars

How many cars have been added to the showroom? Rrc cars vs gem cars.

How many rims have been added to showroom? Rrc vs gem.

My point is pretty simple. Near Everything has been about the $$$ and near nothing has been done for us.

Car customization is a huge part of this game, otherwise we wouldn't be getting lambasted with new rims and paints every week.

I would venture to bet that we've lost more rrc items than we gained.

@DuceRee I'm interested in your shortcuts around the garage. Please share
    I need to learn how to upload videos
    Oh....

Suggestion on one way to stop screwing over your customers.....

https://imgur.com/a/i1pNd

Stop putting rrc cars in the crates we buy

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    edited June 2017
    I'm in multiplayer alot.. the thing I hear most from new players is please stop the jumpers. New players get discouraged quickly when they get taken by jumpers in game.. if you wanna retain the new player stop the jumpers. The easiest way to accomplish this is make it so a higher rated car can't join a lower rated car.. but a lower rated car can join a higher rated one. This will stop jumpers preying on noobs but still allow for those who trade and sell cars. Even though it's not supported, if you made it where people couldn't. You'd have an uproar and mass exodus bigger than after 6.0 came out.. I've mentioned this before, only for it to fall on deaf ears.. what say you @[RR] prodigal grim ?
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • HOTSLAMMED2061HOTSLAMMED2061 Registered Users 22 Posts
    Ive noticed, for the person with garage question... (@ "THAT NOOB JUICE")

If you can find a car thats close to the one you are looking for i.e. a lambo, but you see a lotus, or a Mercedes, you pick the lotus, then hit on sort a-z, then z-a, and then a-z (Takeaway is, you do have to press the a-z, z-a, or the z-a, then a-z TWICE in the same menu) if you close it, but do not pick another car, do it again. However, if you pick another car then its start the process over again.

For example, you wanted to find the racer showdown cars, you hit racer showdown, it will populate the list thats eligible for racer showdown. BUT, if you actually select the a car in racer showdown, the game will revert to how the list was prior to changing to showdown only cars. The only way to get this part also takes selecting it twice, you pick the car, select racer show down, close that menu, hit the car so you can choose the menu to appear again, then again hit "racer showdown" the second time, NOW FINALLY it will only show you racer showdown cars.

Another example, I'm looking for Ferrari ahh here's a ford svt.
    Hit ford svt, then choose menu a-z, then hit z-a, then close the menu and it will be alphabetically ordered. Then depending on z-a or a-z you would scroll right or left to find ferraris.

Another example for not using alphabetical order:
    Same for turf cars, its the same but you dont have the convient a-z and z-a choices, you would have to select the turf car option then pick one, go back into menu and search turf cars again and again. (Twice for some reason when using the same car, change car and youre going to have to start the very so difficult process again (sarcastic))

Anytime you change the car during a menu change, you had to restart the process....

My opinion, the most useless one is using the D- R3 or R3-D, i dont know if i can say that I actually use those buttons more than by pressing it on accident.

(NOT goood at explaining things... i just know how to make it happen)

TL;DR
    Im not good at clarifiying or explaining. If you cant comprehend what I just said, just be in a car, open the menu and pick whatever you are trying to search and do it twice with the same car.

Why are we forced to purchase 1 car at a time?? If we cant afford it, the game knows and promopty asks if we need to purchase some money.
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    The sort issue is annoying. I know it all too well. My personal account has over 2,000 cars and finding the right car "quickly" isn't quick. I have 2 ways to fix this issue. So when we don't fix an issue, we may be looking at a better way to do it. We only have X amount of time. Do we "make it work" or "do it right" how it should be? There's not enough time to do both. Definitely a hot topic of many. Sorting through anything over a hundred cars is "hairy". I can't tell you what our plan is YET, but it's what has been requested in 1-click instead of sort, click to another menu, sort, click to another menu, then come back and "Oh look at that. It's finally sorted...."

And yet again, my post on jumpers goes ignored.. smh..

And yet again, my post on jumpers goes ignored.. smh..

No, it wasn't ignored. Just like the post says, I'll be answering all this stuff live. I liked every comment that I've written down so I can track them.
    There that wasn't hard.. thank you for at least acknowledging the post.
  • slim777slim777 Registered Users 27 Posts
    Bro can you put world record for 25 lobby?