Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Fast & the Furious Bots - Updated

2Next

Comments

• [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

You guys claim that the bots are fixed. But I literally just found Han on 3 different tracks at one time and he has not challenged anyone at all. So these bots are not fixed

By fixed, I mean they're running the correct times. In regards to how often and who Han challenges, that needs tweaking. I keep trying to hit this daily, but the available time to work on it has been less then nothing right now.
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

LOL THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONCE. That was really fast, points earned in my book.

Very welcome.

However, I have to disagree with you boss... As of the GTX car being unusable, it wasn't usable until the car was pulled from the bots. i.e, The car was never usable unless you actually got it from crates. To add, currently there’s still no pic of car i won from the Dom in my garage.

You spend money on the game, good. Then if you get robbed by a jumper are you going with "OOH cool! He's a lobby jumper" or do you get upset and call out that person if you see him again? My case is a little different as this lobby jumper is a bot.

This "BOT" is clearly putting up a time that’s impossible for the 50 lobby. I know you wouldn’t be able to do what he does with a 50 tune. Go and ghost shift the shit outta that car and try to break into the 8 secs. How would you react when the company bot is taking a page straight out of the cheaters guide to RR. That is when people should be compensated. Everyone I show that pic too says I should report this and use the "?". So tell me how I should brush this off when the company is making a 50 rating bot hit times that’s not possible. Tell me why I should brush this off like it never happened. What's with a company that doesn't want to take any form of responsibility when there’s a picture proof of their representative effing up the game? This company created Dom and then made him tuned at a 56 or 63 rate then released him to a "50 rating" lobby. (Tej demon had dual conversion but he hardly won and it wouldn’t be by an absurd time)

I followed this one kind of close. Here’s the full story on that car. When it was released, he was running super slow. Then there was a FWD event during the Player Summit where I looked at the Lead Designer and said why is this car eligible? That’s when they discovered that something went wrong when it was transferred from Beta testing to the live server and they had to change the car to RWD. This created an instance like the Dodge Challenger Street Edition fiasco. Then he was slowed down. During this time frame, people that beat him got an unusable car. This I know because I was working with a player to try and resolve this bug directly. Then, Dom started running crazy fast again but at least when (the very few) players that were lucky enough to win his car, the car worked right. He pulled very shortly after he sped back up. We do know there currently isn’t the mini image for the car and the person that sits right near me at work has that assignment. I will ping them in the morning.

In regards to Tej… My understanding is that only a couple cars were won like that and when the bug was found, they fixed it. If I’m mistaken, then I’m wrong.

I am in no way asking you to “brush this off”. I get the frustration totally from the player’s perspective and the developer’s headache of “WHY THE HECK IS THIS BOT STILL RUNNING THAT FAST???? EVERYTHING IS CODED PROPERLY!!! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?” That Dom bot was a total freak of nature!

I lose cars all the time, by fouling during pinks, just got owned, a variety of reasons, those are reasons I can handle. Jumpers, clever people with "d u a l a c c t s" and "d u a l a c c t s" as their IGN, these people have the ill intentions, which are along the lines with using deception. When it comes to someone stealing (deceivers/ lobby jumpers) or having that unfair advantage (i.e. GG), no one drops it like it never happened. People return to the lobby and call the other racer out immediately. The racer who scams or cheats will always be called out. Go open the global scam chat room.

I detest lobby jumpers. I had this same view point as a player…Technically, they’re the card shark at the table. They did nothing legally wrong (by game rules). They used unethical methods to gain the upper hand. This is why I would NEVER pink in a multiplayer lobby. Also, we have plans to put an end to that.

I Why is compensation not even a topic?? How can you feel nothing for a fellow player when there’s photo evidence?

I have a ton of empathy for any player in that situation. In regards to compensation, did you ever open a ticket with customer service? (I mean that seriously)

I have a video of what happens when you race against a gg user. And it’s not very hard to find the difference when you race a normal user. Or a Bot. I'm sure you have access to those already. I'm sure you also know what the garages of these users look like and where they originate from.

I know what we see as players and I know what the developers see on their end. It’s apples and oranges entirely in HOW they see it. Players see the visual end (the slow racer, the delayed race results, the win that doesn’t make sense because of how GG interacts with the game). Developers see code. A screenshot just shows that they won. It doesn’t actually give any other information than the ign’s. Our challenge was to make it so a computer that evaluates CODE ONLY could detect it. That's the challenge of it.

Before I say this, know I lost plenty of cars to GG users and it was highly infuriating. I also not once asked for them back. Rule #1: Pinks at your own risk. We've all seen it and know it. Our job (mine included now) is to ensure a safe playing experience. That's why GG isn't an issue now. We put a lot of work into it to get the system there because it was tricky. Looking towards the future, if there is something to be gained at anything then it is safe to expect some to try to gain it illegitimately or unethically. That goes for everything in life. That being said, we go after those players. And while it may look like a fish and taste like a fish, it's not always 100% a fish. The only way to 100% prove a player is using game guardian is to ILLEGALLY look every app on a player's device. That's why the bans weren't permanent.

I hope this helps explain a bit. I started this game as a player and I still am. When things happen, I always explain it from the player perspective because I understand it a lot better than the developer's perspective as well as it's what's most important to me. If you have any questions, let me know.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    edited June 2017
    @[RR] prodigal grim you said GG isn't a problem any more. But can you explain why with certain racers when they challenge my screen goes black. And I can't see anything. Or why my screen goes to showing the 2 cars at the line but there are no buttons to accept challenge.. it funny cause when I call those racers out for using GG. They run away from lobby fast.. is that what you see when someone is using GG?? Just asking.
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • slim777slim777 Registered Users 27 Posts
    > @aubassplayer said:
    > @[RR] prodigal grim you said GG isn't a problem any more. But can you explain why with certain racers when they challenge my screen goes black. And I can't see anything. Or why my screen goes to showing the 2 cars at the line but there are no buttons to accept challenge.. it funny cause when I call those racers out for using GG. They run away from lobby fast.. is that what you see when someone is using GG?? Just asking.

I heard a new cheat or hack from my teammate bro. He said GG no longer cant be use in rr bur there is new cheat/hack. But ppl use this cheat/hack keeping their mouth closed. So not like GG where everyone know that engine
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Roman is stuck the same way as han
    edited June 2017
    @[RR] prodigal grim why can't we turn boost on AFTER a bot challenges us? You can with every other racer.. I mean if we want a shot to beat them. We have to sit in lobby with boost on and turn down other races so not to waste boost and wait and wait and wait. Is there any way to change this?? Thx

@[RR] prodigal grim why can't we turn boost on AFTER a bot challenges us? You can with every other racer.. I mean if we want a shot to beat them. We have to sit in lobby with boost on and turn down other races so not to waste boost and wait and wait and wait. Is there any way to change this?? Thx

I didn't realize this was an issue. I'll pass it along. Got to love idiosyncrasies...
    @[RR] prodigal grim thank you. It's been that way since bots first came out..
  • warcry16os7warcry16os7 Registered Users 52 Posts
    edited June 2017
    These bots are seriously broken. Like I know they do challenge people, it's rare and usually the same guy over and over. They also only seem to want to race slow racers, and not those that would be faster in their respective lobby. I sat in a lobby most of the night with Han and not once did the bot do ANYTHING. It's like the bots simply don't work at all. Idk what's up but their challenge rate should be increased in my opinion, among many others who wait but never get a challenged.
  • ninjaashpaltninjaashpalt Registered Users 4,903 Posts
    I lost my Dodge Dart when I was trying to pinks. I wasn't trying to get challenged he ran 9.6 han
    Wish we could turn on boost AFTER they challenge. Like any other race..
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    ...and I've still never even seen a single one of em

They must be afraid of Clowns :)

• JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    > @CircusOfSins said:
    > ...and I've still never even seen a single one of em
    >
    > They must be afraid of Clowns :)

Do not worry Clown I have only seen them a couple times but never get challenged. In fact ever time I see them they never challenge anyone even after sitting there for 30min-1hr.

Also why do they only show in Multiplayer? I think that is tgw dumbest idea yet, imo they should only be in turf/multiplayer lobbies.
  • PacMan RevisPacMan Revis Registered Users 783 Posts
    Whats the wait time between challenges? I been sitting in lobbies all day

Which lobbies are you in? Roman is 1640, han 1650 and dime 1673
  • PacMan RevisPacMan Revis Registered Users 783 Posts
    > @C y r u s said:
    > Which lobbies are you in? Roman is 1640, han 1650 and dime 1673

I been sitting in lobbies with the bots and get no challenges

If the bot is just sitting there not racing anyone he's stuck, refresh and go to another lobby where he isn't.
    @[RR] prodigal grim hey, y'all gonna fix it so we can turn on boost after the bots challenge??
  • rockhardscoperrockhardscoper Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have a question" are showroom cars the same speed as the cars that we choose to do the campain? Cause i test drive the showroom cars and they seem to be a bit faster
    @rockhardscoper yes if the upgrades are the same they are identical . They sell for the same they have the same speed. When u test drive it puts upgrades on tbem
    Y'all ever gonna fix it so we can turn in boost after the bots challenge us???

Y'all ever gonna fix it so we can turn in boost after the bots challenge us???

yes, but it's going to take a minute. I brought it up and I got full agreement from everyone on my end.
  • US3R27NUS3R27N Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hello guys . I have a idea for the game that might help out everyone including myself and others with the gameplay. Racing on teams is hard and keeping a team is hard when you constantly have to worry about someone on the team kicking you off during and part of the turf races even though you contributed by putting up turf points. There are teams that will use people to put up points and then kick them and keep there rewards that that ex team member put up and the person that has been removed is left with nothing. To stop this kind of scam I think you guys should make a solo turf event for those that can't keep up or have been kicked off of a scammer team. Keep the team multiplayer even but also create a solo multiplayer event with different goals to win or the same. I came up with this idea because I been playing this game for years and I myself am tired of joining teams that scam me and use me and I contributed my money to buy cars and gems and gave cars to help in turf and still end up being removed from the team. . It's not fair to myself and others that have been a victim to this scam. It is so hard also to find ppl to join your own team also that can be trusted not to scam the other team mates out of cash n cars and quitting the team. I think also you guys should make a way to not be removed from a team until after the turf event is over that way if ppl scored points they get rewarded for it. If you add someone to the team at the beginning of turf or before they should be locked in on the team until after the event is over. Please contact me back and let me know what you guys think about my ideas and upgrades to be added to the game. Also I love this game but without fixing these issues you will have many ppl that will give up on this game and go to others because of the scams and the disap
    @US3R27N you can it's called racer showdown
  • forestgforestg Registered Users 36 Posts
    Teams set minimums. Lots of racers say they can do. But can't. That's why they are kicked before turf ends And there's a lot of legit teams out there
  • slim777slim777 Registered Users 27 Posts
    > @US3R27N said:
    > Hello guys . I have a idea for the game that might help out everyone including myself and others with the gameplay. Racing on teams is hard and keeping a team is hard when you constantly have to worry about someone on the team kicking you off during and part of the turf races even though you contributed by putting up turf points. There are teams that will use people to put up points and then kick them and keep there rewards that that ex team member put up and the person that has been removed is left with nothing. To stop this kind of scam I think you guys should make a solo turf event for those that can't keep up or have been kicked off of a scammer team. Keep the team multiplayer even but also create a solo multiplayer event with different goals to win or the same. I came up with this idea because I been playing this game for years and I myself am tired of joining teams that scam me and use me and I contributed my money to buy cars and gems and gave cars to help in turf and still end up being removed from the team. . It's not fair to myself and others that have been a victim to this scam. It is so hard also to find ppl to join your own team also that can be trusted not to scam the other team mates out of cash n cars and quitting the team. I think also you guys should make a way to not be removed from a team until after the turf event is over that way if ppl scored points they get rewarded for it. If you add someone to the team at the beginning of turf or before they should be locked in on the team until after the event is over. Please contact me back and let me know what you guys think about my ideas and upgrades to be added to the game. Also I love this game but without fixing these issues you will have many ppl that will give up on this game and go to others because of the scams and the disap

If you want, you can join our team. The rule is you must be legit. There is no minimum point just do with your best and enjoy while turf. But we just a small team with 3 member iclude my self and we always finish in 20 gems or sometimes in 50 gems.