Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Showroom Shakeup and Gem Dropping

[RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
In preparation for the upcoming turf change (and because it just needed to be done), we evaluated the gem price of EVERY car in the game. Some were way too high. But let’s face it, the whole thing needed an overhaul.

So what does this mean for you?

• The showroom (as a whole) dropped OVER 3,500 gems!
  • The average car dropped 37 gems (That’s about a $1 a car). Some dropped 400 or more!
  • We dropped the price on 41 cars.Nearly HALF the showroom!
  • The price stayed the same on 49 cars.
  • Only 6 cars went up.

How does this re-balance effect the turf points?

• Crush points are based on the value of the car starting with the original gem value for each car. This means that all cars need to be priced and weighted accordingly.
  • By having all the cars priced appropriately, it ensures cars crush on a fair scale.

Highlights

Car NameOld Gem PriceNew Gem PriceChange
2011 McLaren 12C700670-30
2012 Nissan GT-R1000580-420
2013 Ford FPV GT-P320290-30
2006 Subaru WRC2006535425-110
2008 Mazda Furai20001500-500
1993 RWB Ramintra 993R15001390-110
2013 Nissan GT-R NISMO GT318001750-50
2015 Vorsteiner GTRS4 M4480435-45
2014 Mazda 6 Race Edition18001500-300
2010 Koenigsegg Agera16001420-180
2016 Honda Civic Type-R320280-40

…and many many more!
Prev1

Comments

• Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    when does this go in effect ?
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

when does this go in effect ?

already did about 20 minutes ago
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Um.... Not to be the stick in the mud.

But

Big deal
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    So cheap cars have a low crush and high priced cars have a high crush value. Regardless of stress?
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • XXTHECOLLECTORXXXXTHECOLLECTORXX Registered Users 8 Posts
    Off topic: when will we be able to take conversion kits off
  • BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
    So the gem proce dropped but not the rrc price
  • XJDXJD Registered Users 6 Posts
    Still can't get any of these :p
    "Oh, we lowered our prices! Which means an influx of revenue for us! By the way, nothing new for rrc, ha ha ha!"

That's all I saw.

• [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

"Oh, we lowered our prices! Which means an influx of revenue for us! By the way, nothing new for rrc, ha ha ha!"

That's all I saw.

RRC is like 50 cents a pop on the black market....lol. What's that make a Stella....

That's all I saw.

I miss pinking in the days when pinking was like putting $15 on the table and seeing who really was stepping up to the plate!
    The funny thing about the market is this....The unofficial black market exists. People want cars to be "worth" something. For example, you spend all weekend turfing for a car and it sells for $10 as top 100. Then it might sell for $15-25 as a top 25. I remember when a R class Subaru Sport was $40 bucks for the first Tokyo wrap. If you were baller ( and I don't mean financially) enough to have won one in the first place because you were a beast, you didn't want to let it go. Yes, we rebalanced the showroom Gem prices. We're trying to rebalance the economy too. No one should need 100 cars for 1 turf. Maybe a quarter or a third of that... And then the beasts rise up no matter what the events are. That's when I remember turfs were all about the fastest or most consistent or nerve-hardened racers rising up. That right there is what got me hooked. I don't know how many of you were around those days, but Rivals was rush even more then. I want that nostalgia to resurface!
    I didn't build up a 2,000 car garage twice by losing races and buying cars left and right even when mills were $10 or $15 a pop on the market. I won them the hard way in pinks!

So cheap cars have a low crush and high priced cars have a high crush value. Regardless of stress?

not exactly. Cheap cars will crush for less than expensive ones. An A class will crush for (as a very rough example) twice what a D class will as it should! HOWEVER, we're putting in event modifiers....so when we structure a turf war, the events will all be close in value.

For example, take a FWD, B class, and D class (haven't had one of those in years!) event, we look at the highest pinks value of the ENTIRE turf and make the points of the other events come up...so like using a bell curve. The higher the class, the higher the lobby, and the more parts bought (not installed), the higher the points. This way you can use a bunch of whatever you want. It won't be SVT non stop pinking in a FFA because the points might be better in something like 1668 S class. However, when C class event rolls around...I expect nothing but suby coupes and SVTs all over the place and their points will be highly worth while in 50/56 lobbies.
  • D3N0T5D3N0T5 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I read the parts cost will give you hi points also. So how would work if some one tunes say a r class to 1663 and right before starts they install a bunch of parts how would that effect the points system?
    I'm not talking about the black market.

I'm not talking about the old days.

I'm taking about the here and now. The people that don't know there is a rrc black market and are quitting the game cause they can't get a Stella.

I'm talking about customer retention. How to keep the Lil guy around longer.

Oh, did you hear? There is a new pinking game. Very bad design so far but can pink up to 4 at a time.

They pretty much lost me as a customer because they didn't teach. I won the New York missions, got 60k in game cash. I used half to upgrade my d class car.

Waited for my car to upgrade, went in to take on Paris and found out I needed a c class car. So I went to go buy one and..... Damn, now I don't have enough.

They didn't provide a free car or an education on how to move forward the right way. Repairs are ridiculous. Car building is horrendous.

BUT LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, I TRIED IT. MANY ARE ENJOYING IT. MANY LIKE IT BETTER!!

Why? Because this game hasn't given to the customer base. They have provided a broken product with "our bad" mentality.

YOU take this knee-jerk reaction to anything I say as if it is personal. I see, personally, that you come back at me lashing out to defend.

Insight is all in trying to provide. A view from the little person.

You talk about a 2k car garage, twice. Not all of us hold 1/3 of the car world records. Most of us hold none. We aren't you. We aren't tuning royalty. Racing royalty. We are the little guy.

You want to know what I've accomplished? 500 cars once, sold/crushed it down to 100. Then back up to 500.

I've never purchased a single mill in my entire career.

I have the most unique and largest Chevelle SS Collection in the game.

Again.... Just insight.

• j2 theizzoj2 theizzo Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    edited June 2017
    Was the amc javelin always 150 gems? Could.have sworn it was 128 I might be wrong
    @j2 theizzo some went up... 6 cars... Probably the 6 most purchased

A full list of what went down....

And what went up....

Would be beneficial.

Especially since these three.... https://imgur.com/a/sFeCL .... Are pointless drops in gem price due to having rrc value.

• dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    edited June 2017
    @[rr] prodigal grim

Exactly. Let's get back to the pinks. As you can see from the qoute on Carbonated website. That's all that I care about. Only thing that matters. I've amassed some hellacious garages. All paid for by pinks.

I'm not a gamer. I don't play anything else. Pinks or nothing
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • Dr_ShaftPlayDr_ShaftPlay Registered Users 253 Posts
    @dwdtuning ...wow that's the craziness right there...that's how I feel pinks are the best...pinks is the game...the game is racing rivals...pinks or nothing
    > @D3N0T5 said:
    > I read the parts cost will give you hi points also. So how would work if some one tunes say a r class to 1663 and right before starts they install a bunch of parts how would that effect the points system?

Whenever the car gets crushed, the parts purchased at that time will count towards its point value.
    edited June 2017
    > @DdgDktaRlz said:
    > I'm not talking about the black market.
    >
    > I'm not talking about the old days.
    >
    >
    > I'm taking about the here and now. The people that don't know there is a rrc black market and are quitting the game cause they can't get a Stella.
    >
    > I'm talking about customer retention. How to keep the Lil guy around longer.
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh, did you hear? There is a new pinking game. Very bad design so far but can pink up to 4 at a time.
    >
    > They pretty much lost me as a customer because they didn't teach. I won the New York missions, got 60k in game cash. I used half to upgrade my d class car.
    >
    > Waited for my car to upgrade, went in to take on Paris and found out I needed a c class car. So I went to go buy one and..... Damn, now I don't have enough.
    >
    >
    > They didn't provide a free car or an education on how to move forward the right way. Repairs are ridiculous. Car building is horrendous.
    >
    > BUT LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, I TRIED IT. MANY ARE ENJOYING IT. MANY LIKE IT BETTER!!
    >
    > Why? Because this game hasn't given to the customer base. They have provided a broken product with "our bad" mentality.
    >
    >
    > YOU take this knee-jerk reaction to anything I say as if it is personal. I see, personally, that you come back at me lashing out to defend.
    >
    >
    > Insight is all in trying to provide. A view from the little person.
    >
    > You talk about a 2k car garage, twice. Not all of us hold 1/3 of the car world records. Most of us hold none. We aren't you. We aren't tuning royalty. Racing royalty. We are the little guy.
    >
    >
    > You want to know what I've accomplished? 500 cars once, sold/crushed it down to 100. Then back up to 500.
    >
    > I've never purchased a single mill in my entire career.
    >
    > I have the most unique and largest Chevelle SS Collection in the game.
    >
    >
    > Again.... Just insight.

I don't mean for it to come out as lashing. I'm just sharing my thoughts too.

And I agree that rrc needs a revamp too. And that will come. Rrc prices are WAY too high. I agree that directly impacts retention. So you're spot on.

I tried out the new game too. Its kind of pretty but already has a ton of glitches. The tutorial is lack luster. The rolling start launch is weird. The weather element is interesting. People have already started hacking the heck out of it too!

I mentioned my accomplishments because I want to hear yours. Everyone has a different experience. I love hearing others' stories. And I really need to check out your collection some more. I haven't had a chance to look at it in depth and I want to!
    > @j2 theizzo said:
    > Was the amc javelin always 150 gems? Could.have sworn it was 128 I might be wrong

No, that one went up. It had to in order to be closer to the other b class cars. If a b class car is priced barely above a c class car, no one will use it because it won't be valuable or worthwhile. > @DdgDktaRlz said:
    > A full list of what went down....
    >
    > And what went up....
    >
    > Would be beneficial.
    >
    >
    > Especially since these three.... https://imgur.com/a/sFeCL .... Are pointless drops in gem price due to having rrc value.

> @DdgDktaRlz said:
    > A full list of what went down....
    >
    > And what went up....
    >
    > Would be beneficial.
    >
    >
    > Especially since these three.... https://imgur.com/a/sFeCL .... Are pointless drops in gem price due to having rrc value.

Only 6 cars went up. I don't remember them all. The javelin as mentioned earlier was one of them. Due to the new system, it was a must to change the value of all the cars including the rrc cars. Actually, leaving the rrc cars alone would actually cause a lot of problems.
    Would still like to see the full list of up and down.

Oh yeah.... I am back to having every color in that collection. Been adding wires to a massive amount of them.

edited June 2017
    This is before the last group of rim and glow upgrades.

https://imgur.com/Rr4jYKj.gif

Takes a little while, one pic per second.

Edit

Don't think imgur.com can handle it.... S8+ on mega wifi and it won't work. Lol

This is before the last group of rim and glow upgrades.

https://imgur.com/Rr4jYKj.gif

Takes a little while, one pic per second.

Edit

Don't think imgur.com can handle it.... S8+ on mega wifi and it won't work. Lol

that's pretty cool bud
  • ciechuciechu Registered Users 6 Posts
    Hello. Most of us buy cars for rrc not for gems. So that does not change too much in the game.
    As for the value of cars depends only on the buyer on the black market. If it is auto t1 and has nose it is worth less than t100 without nose. That's how it looks. So do not compare your car price visions to the real player market. Everybody comes up with this differently. One matches auto data to another.
    The value of rrc or turf cars is determined by the players and if I do not want to spend $ 40 I will not give them because for me the car is worth only $ 10.
    I think there is no way to increase the value of cars.
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    edited June 2017
    Letting us remove NOS, T, & SC options would help drive the black market down. That way, all the old stuff we all have, and screwed up with NOS, can be used again. Even if it cost a REASONABLE amount of gems, we could keep our paints and wheels. It would help keep some from getting screwed on the public forum stuff.

Letting us remove NOS, T, & SC options would help drive the black market down. That way, all the old stuff we all have, and screwed up with NOS, can be used again. Even if it cost a REASONABLE amount of gems, we could keep our paints and wheels. It would help keep some from getting screwed on the public forum stuff.

In regards to nos, tc, and sc....we'd love to add it. Just doing so is more complicated than it should be.

Pains....can't paint a car more than one color, so keeping painted colors isn't really a thing like wheels.
    HOWEVER, I would love it if underglows remained even if you changed them.