Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Non pink able cars ?

nlbnlb45nlbnlb45 Registered Users 2,384 Posts

So does this mean that sum cars won't be able to pink or u can make it so u carnt pink your cars also @KKDude11432 better start saves up bud
P.S idk if u all redy know but I just thought I'd throw it in

Comments

• LEGENDARY_1LEGENDARY_1 Registered Users 326 Posts
    Ive seen the games bots with a pink slip and lock on it must have something to do with them
  • nlbnlb45nlbnlb45 Registered Users 2,384 Posts
    @LEGENDARY_1 idk just made me think that thay might do an event where the car that u win won't be able to trade it
    What is the point in moving it in a different section but don't tell me what non pink able cars r ?
  • j2 theizzoj2 theizzo Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    @nlbnlb45 ignoring u is their favorite way to say fuckyou
  • KKDude11432KKDude11432 Registered Users 7,358 Posts
    OH MY GOD THEY F*CKING DID IT
    OG Player, OG Forums User, M5 Enthusiast, Legit Dealer. KKDude11432 is the name, Racing Rivals is the game.

Main Ign: XxDudeOfFirexX
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    nlbnlb45 said:

@LEGENDARY_1 idk just made me think that thay might do an event where the car that u win won't be able to trade it

Close. Non-pinkable means just that. Remember the RS-RE fiasco when people figured out they could start a new account, finish D class campaign, and get a free RS-RE, and as a result, they were everywhere? People were starting dozens of accounts and collecting those cars, and were then selling them back to the game (cash farming), trading, etc.

Well, now they have the ability to make a car "non-pinkable". So, if they give out a car...people will no longer be able to start up dozens of new accounts and collect dozens of cars. I mean they can, but the car will be stuck with the account it's "claimed" on.

If they are wise, they'll also set it so any of those "non-pinkable" cars sell to the game for 1 RRC (as it'll stop folks from trying to cash farm as well).

Hope that helps!

• Dr_ShaftPlayDr_ShaftPlay Registered Users 253 Posts
    @Roush Sport ...oh OK...thanks for clarifying this...I was under the impression that I could make my cars un-pinkable...so as to not accidentally lose my car in a bet...keep it safe...intoxicated or not...lol
    @Roush Sport thanks bro u should be top mod since you r the only one that seems to respond
    nlbnlb45 said:

@Roush Sport thanks bro u should be top mod since you r the only one that seems to respond

Thank you. I've been away from the forum for a while, as things got pretty quiet around here and there wasn't a need for me to visit daily. I'm going to be around more frequently now though.
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    Roush nailed it. Sorry I hadn't replied...been busy at the office the past couple days.
  • BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
    Personally this is the dumbest dam idea they came up with yet. The simple fix is to do it the way it was in the past. The acct had to exist prior to the car being given out. If ppl were able to start a new acct and get the car that was the devs fault for that even being possible. So because the screwed the pooch on that let punish the players by making the car non pinkable. Thats like giving free gems and not allowing them to be used for purchasing crates and boosts.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    So basically you can't pink any car that you get for free??
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
    Guys - No. The ONLY cars that will ever be NON-PINKABLE....are those that are set as such by the devs when they are issued. Currently, there aren't any non-pinkable cars in the game, with the exception of the lobby bots (the ones that show up when the lobby only has a few racers in it - multiplayer).

Bfrail - that's all well and good, but what about people with dozens upon dozens of accounts? Then you end up with countless free cars going into the game - which in turn affects the in game economy (as people can sell them to the game for RRC, which in turn builds there wallets, which in turn drives down the cost of mills (being they are so easily attainable in this scenario). When the cost of mills is way down, the cost of cars on the black market goes up accordingly. I remember the days of 5 mil turf cars. Now? Hell you can't put gas in a Civic for 5 mil.

Inflation is a bad thing, and this is one of many attempts to stem that, and bring things more back in line from a cost perspective.
    @Roush Sport in a way your explanation makes sense from a player stand point about cost vs inflation.

But it is absolutely moronic to believe that thr devs give a damn about the state of the black market value either. If the do care about the black market valie then that would mean that the support player trades and sales. Which in turn means they need to implement an auction/sales ability in game to prevent scamming. Part of the reason you had 5m turfs came about from the mass cloning of certain turfs.

Also this makes the car have no value at all either way. Non pinkable cars is just freaking retarded no matter how it is explained as to why it is going to exist.

Lets do away with the pink ability all together and call the game CSR3 and be done with it. The ability to pink any car you have is one of the biggest pulls this game has. The other is the ability for colloctors to build on their collections. Making something non pinkable takes away from both aspects that players have come to love both in game and on forums.
    Bfrail said:

@Roush Sport in a way your explanation makes sense from a player stand point about cost vs inflation.

But it is absolutely moronic to believe that thr devs give a damn about the state of the black market value either. If the do care about the black market valie then that would mean that the support player trades and sales. Which in turn means they need to implement an auction/sales ability in game to prevent scamming. Part of the reason you had 5m turfs came about from the mass cloning of certain turfs.

Also this makes the car have no value at all either way. Non pinkable cars is just freaking retarded no matter how it is explained as to why it is going to exist.

Lets do away with the pink ability all together and call the game CSR3 and be done with it. The ability to pink any car you have is one of the biggest pulls this game has. The other is the ability for colloctors to build on their collections. Making something non pinkable takes away from both aspects that players have come to love both in game and on forums.

Are you thinking that every single car is going to be non-pinkable? If that's the case, I see why you are so against this (as you've clearly expressed). However, before I respond - explain what your thought process is. Are you thinking that they are going to shut "pinks", in it's entirety, down and make it so that NO car in the game.....from a shitty civic to a T1 turf car...will be pinkable?

If not, then what....exactly....do YOU interpret non-pinkable to mean? Once I get an understanding of how you are interpreting it, I can respond. Even then, you may not agree with the reasoning behind it....but, it is what it is. My boss has a saying - sometimes he will make decisions that the staff doesn't agree with, That's ok, as we are allowed to disagree. However, he hopes that we don't disagree so much so that we decide to leave the company altogether.

So, hopefully, once I understand where you are coming from, I'll be able to respond in such a way that you'll understand what the intent is, despite agreeing with it or not.
    @Roush Sport thought you said there are no pink locked cars in game except for the normal bots.. thus was is turf..
    Pink locked car in turf https://imgur.com/gallery/pefS3
    > @aubassplayer said:
    > @Roush Sport thought you said there are no pink locked cars in game except for the normal bots.. thus was is turf..
    > Pink locked car in turf https://imgur.com/gallery/pefS3

You'll see that when a player only has one car in their garage. As you know, you need atleast 2 cars in your garage before you can pink, so when you only have one, the game deems it non-pinkable, and that little lock icon shows up.
    @Roush Sport ahhh. Cool.thx.
    @Roush Sport my thoughts are this on it. If they give a car that i dont like for instance when they handed out the z4 and the ford gt-r. I did not like the z4 but i was able to trade it for something i liked or wanted. Now if the give a car i am stuck with it even though another might like it and would trade for it. If i cant sell or trade the car. The car has no value. Most cars have been given for some technical issue with the game as compensation. If i cant sell it or trade it and it has a 1 rrc sell back value i have not really recieved compensation. I recieved a free pos that i didnt want and by all reallity has no value at all
    edited June 2017
    Bfrail said:

@Roush Sport my thoughts are this on it. If they give a car that i dont like for instance when they handed out the z4 and the ford gt-r. I did not like the z4 but i was able to trade it for something i liked or wanted. Now if the give a car i am stuck with it even though another might like it and would trade for it. If i cant sell or trade the car. The car has no value. Most cars have been given for some technical issue with the game as compensation. If i cant sell it or trade it and it has a 1 rrc sell back value i have not really recieved compensation. I recieved a free pos that i didnt want and by all reallity has no value at all

Ok, I see your point, and it's a fair point at that. In regards to value - that's a tricky thing. I probably won't do a good job of explaining this, but, the way "value" was conveyed to me at the summit - cars in the game don't have a value, in the sense that they aren't tangible. The "value" a car has when you pay for gems and buy one - is the entertainment you get out of using it in the game.

That said, they (Carbonated, and formerly Glu) full well recognize that there is a black market, and that the black market is a very big part of what keeps this game going, and that as part of that - each car has a value that is more or less set by the players themselves. For example, we'll take....a Buick GNX RE. Right now, that car, to me - isn't worth anything. Why? Because once I turn the game off, it's meaningless. If the bank shows up at my house for non-payment of my mortgage, it's not like I can boot up the game and say "but, look! I have this car!" and expect them to be like "Oh, you have THAT car? Ok Mr. Roush, sorry for bothering you, we'll be on our way". (merely an example)

However, in the black market...I don't even know what they are going for at the moment. But, if anyone and everyone that has one sets a price of 30 mil to get one...guess what - that car is worth 30 mil. Now - is it ACTUALLY worth that? If you pick one up, will it give you 30 mil worth of entertainment? No. But, the point is - that pricepoint is driven by the market / players themselves. Supply and demand also plays a factor in it. Cars are worth whatever folks will pay for them.

All that said - I agree with the points you made. It would suck to have a car that you can't get rid of - especially if you wanted to help a newer player out (whom may have missed out on receiving it due to any number of factors). I get that. However, keep this in mind - the majority of people playing this game...dare I say....are less than ethical. Don't get me wrong - there are a fair number of honest, good, ethical players that the word "integrity" and it's definition aren't lost on. However, that number doesn't represent the majority. The majority, unfortunately, will exploit the hell out of any loophole they can. As a result of that, the saying "one bad apple spoils the bunch" comes to mind.

Because of the actions of those folks, things have kind of gone off track (pun intended). I think this "non-pinkable" thing is a step in the direction of actions that they are taking to try to get the economy back on track. There are plenty of other things for Carbonated to do as well in that regard, but, apparently this is the step they wanted to take first.

Saying that if they give you a car as compensation for a mess up with the game - and you are only able to sell it for a minimal amount of RRC, and or are stuck with it because you can't get rid of it....c'mon. Look at it this way - atleast they would be acknowledging a mess up and extending an olive branch / peace offering of sorts. They, technically, don't have to do anything. They could take the stance of "too bad, so sad, sucks to be you. No one forces you to play the game, and you don't have to spend money to play. Anything in the game is attainable with a bit of patience and know how"...and not give you anything at all. That, and to date - Carbonated hasn't given anything out. Any "screw up" that has happened since they took over the hot seat was usually fixed within a day, unless it was an issue that required an update that had to go through Google and Apple (as those can't be implemented right away). With their track record thus far, I get the impression that we won't see many "We screwed up, so here's a car....take it as our way of apologizing", if we see that at all.

Now, all that aside - one thing that gets me. I've seen a lot of people talking about this whole non-pinkable thing. Oddly enough - they haven't "activated" it yet. There isn't a single car in the game that isn't pinkable as of right now, unless it's a bot car (non fast and furious), or the particular racer only has one car left (and that car will be set as non-pinkable, which has always been the case...a player could never pink away their last car and be left with nothing). So, in a sense - people are losing their shit over a feature that, at this point, is a mere blub in a patch note. Why the big to do over it?
  • Supercar181Supercar181 Registered Users 1 Posts
    @Roush Sport You know how can we remove the "pinks lock" thing when it said you have the ability to remove it
    @Roush Sport You know how can we remove the "pinks lock" thing when it said you have the ability to remove it
    To the best of my knowledge, you can’t remove the lock. 
  • Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
    Boffz79 said:

Off topic what the thinking behind top 75 @Roush Sport

Personally, I think it's a good thing. Inspires competition.
  • S3ll0utS3ll0ut Registered Users 147 Posts
    @Roush Sport I don’t even know what to say?or where to start.
    I hope u not really believe what u are saying here otherwise we certainly need to get u some help!
    I have never read so much sh*t about the game as in just one of ur posts.
    Sorry that I can’t go into detail cause in the end I don’t really care anymore and am not wasting my time.??
    P.s. Detailed information in ur own posts!
    Farewell ?