Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Patch Notes 6.3

[RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
edited June 2017 in Patch Notes and Hotfixes
New Font
  • The old font was hard to read unless you had a microscope.
  • The new font is much clearer and easier on the eyes but lower case letters remain elusive. We hope to find them some day...
Garage
  • Cleaned up the icons for the left menu (i.e, Inventory, Sales, News) in the garage. They were a bit garbled.
Tuning
  • Installing tons of parts taking too long? We’re bring you one of the most requested features from the Player’s Summit. Check out Quick Tune! One button to buy all Stage 1 parts and a second button to buy all Stage 2 parts at one time.
  • Impatient much? Install all those parts at a 20% discount in a single touch! It’s like magic.
Inventory
  • Running out of inventory space? Items now stack “infinitely” (Well, at least to 2,147,483,647). Good luck!
  • So, if you’re the kind of person that has hundreds of a single rim waiting for the perfect car to install them on, it only takes up 1 slot. Horde with pride.
News System
  • Be the first to get the upcoming changes on Racing Rivals and voice your input on Rivals Live. We’ve added a news article so that you can go from in-game to the Twitch stream in a single touch. Oooo Aaaaah!
  • Fixed an issue where news articles showed in the wrong locations.
    The news system now correctly shows up in the showroom (and in theory, shows you the right things too… woah!)
World Map
  • Changed the world map icons so that they stand out from the background better.
    This is not their final form - but they’re much better for now!
Turf Wars Points
  • Overall
    • This system was overhauled to reward points more fairly. Low and high class cars shouldn’t crush for the same values. The new system rewards players for using high class, built cars, against the toughest opponents.
    • When you pink slip a car, you’ll see your points broken down in a new simple screen. Then there’s a keep button with a point value and a crush button with a value to make it easy to smash the crush button.
  • Race Points
    • No longer based on engine stress.
    • Race points are based on 3 things: player skill, lobby, and car class
  • Crush Points
    • No longer based on engine stress.
    • Crush values of a car are based on the car’s class, parts purchased, and inventory add-ons such as paint, glow, and crate wheels.
  • The new point system may not go live with the update. When we’re sure on the system, we’ll flip the switch. The first one may be a little bumpy while we get the new tech set up - hang in there with us!
  • Enabled the ability to chicken out on a race as soon as you’re challenged during turf and showdown

BUG FIXES & FUNCTIONALITY
  • Fixed an issue where players couldn’t view Daily Goals when prompted.
  • Resolved issue where players couldn’t take a picture and use it as their avatar.
  • Dozens of small to medium sized stability fixes.
  • Added capability to make cars non-pinkable.
  • Added ability to release new types of crates.
  • The nano-narks are getting smarter all the time.
UPDATE - ADDED INFO
There were 2 little bugs we're going to quick fix.
1) The toolbox didn't move like it was supposed to. Basically a file wasn't pushed with the update...
2) The turf wars button disables completely at the end of turf wars, we're going to change it back to how it was. That was an unexpected result of something else.
Prev1

Comments

• horsed1ckdotmepghorsed1ckdotmepg Registered Users 3 Posts
    Grim did you go over the idea of more force induction? I wasn't able to watch the twitch thing and just woundering
  • CoorzmanCoorzman Registered Users 54 Posts
    Auto tune doesn't upgrade Turbo or weight.
    IGN is G Bubs
    Co Leader of F U K A Turfcar
  • Alex2017Alex2017 Registered Users 14 Posts
    I did the 6.3 update .... I joined the game to redeem the turf prize of yesterday and the prizes are no longer available to redeem

Prizes were from the T2000

what do I do now?
  • Coot_The_BeastCoot_The_Beast Registered Users 152 Posts
    What's the point of non-pinkable cars???
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

Grim did you go over the idea of more force induction? I wasn't able to watch the twitch thing and just woundering

Yes I did. It's something we'd like to do. It could be very interesting. There are things that need to be fixed before we introduce something complex as more conversions. It was well received on our side!
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    Coorzman said:

Auto tune doesn't upgrade Turbo or weight.

Correct. It doesn't upgrade NOS, Turbo/SC, or Weight. We did this because sometimes you may want to upgrade those parts and sometimes you don't. Also, they're not always uninstallable. That made this option make the most sense to prevent accidental installs on an irreversible level.
    Alex2017 said:

I did the 6.3 update .... I joined the game to redeem the turf prize of yesterday and the prizes are no longer available to redeem

Prizes were from the T2000

what do I do now?

The turf button disables from the user at the end of turf...That was a totally unexpected result. It should have "dimmed" but been selectable. It's being remedied, you will still get your prize.
    UPDATE - ADDED INFO
    There were 2 little bugs we're going to quick fix.
    1) The toolbox didn't move like it was supposed to. Basically a file wasn't pushed with the update...
    2) The turf wars button disables completely at the end of turf wars, we're going to change it back to how it was. That was an unexpected result of something else.

• DesertRat68DesertRat68 Registered Users 53 Posts
    Does the new point system apply to Showdown as well?
  • Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    edited June 2017
    cant post the video here. Yet I'll just bring it up.

1. The tune button for all stage 1 and 2

A. Adds axles ? Why ?
    B. Turbo , weight did not upgrade to stage 1
    C. Nos if installed doesn't upgrade
  • wesman6wesman6 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Missing all headlights, and some doubled up under glows that I used to have before this patch
    We're aware of a few players experiencing items missing after updating. We can see the missing items on their account but the player can't....it's weird but it's being worked on.

cant post the video here. Yet I'll just bring it up.

1. The tune button for all stage 1 and 2

A. Adds axles ? Why ?

B. Turbo , weight did not upgrade to stage 1

C. Nos if installed doesn't upgrade

all stage 1 means all stage 1.
    The buy all stage x doesn't include nos, turbo/sc, or weight because sometimes those actions can't be reversed. So we thought it safer to allow those to be manual instead of players accidentally ruining a car for a tune.
  • id10Tangoid10Tango Registered Users 17 Posts
    Good work team Carbonated. Yeah, there are a few issues but overall it is a step in the right direction.
    TUNERS DONT JUMP AND JUMPERS CANT TUNE
  • XXTHECOLLECTORXXXXTHECOLLECTORXX Registered Users 8 Posts
    When will you guys make it possible to take conversion kits off i got really happy thinking this update will allow that but still nice update
  • kk008kk008 Registered Users 2 Posts
    edited June 2017
  • kk008kk008 Registered Users 2 Posts
    when you fix the tournament tokens issue?
    i need moeny to upgrade my cars
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    So far so good on the update. I don't like the new icons for rewards, offers, news, ect. Seems harder to see than before. Text in general is better though. Map screen is ok, not super sexy yet. Seems like a decent step forward.
  • MARTINTEXAS2MARTINTEXAS2 Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    @[RR] prodigal grim
    What's the purpose for non pinkable cars?
  • Dr_ShaftPlayDr_ShaftPlay Registered Users 253 Posts
    edited June 2017
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    Why is the Mechanic updating parts like the axles being installed and the Cam Gear beyond level 2? These parts specially the axles have no benefit at all
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @SpeedTrapp axel actually does have benefits if you're tuning right. It adds grip. And some time you need just a lil more weight to get it down to correct lobby...
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
    > @XXTHECOLLECTORXX said:
    > When will you guys make it possible to take conversion kits off i got really happy thinking this update will allow that but still nice update

That's something we eventually want to do. Just not sure when
    Little buggy today. After I upgraded parts on a Focus RS-RE and try backing out of upgrades bars, the parts bar stays on the screen. If I go to the map screen, shipyard, or race even, the upgrades bar stays on screen. I have to restart the game completely to clear it up.

It didn't do it when I tried it on a Cobra Jet.

I am playing on a Samsung Note 4.
    IGN SWEETRIDE95

• grydagryda Registered Users 168 Posts
    after the update I'm missing over 50 items from my inventory
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    gryda said:

after the update I'm missing over 50 items from my inventory

Just to be sure - the items didn't "stack", did they? Pre update, multiples of the same item would take up multiple slots. For example, if you have 25 / 25 slots, and you open crates and get 3 of the same rims, you'd end up with 22 of 25 slots left, pre 6.3.

Where as now, those 3 rims, because they are identical, only take up 1 slot. You'd have 24 of 25 slots remaining, but would still have 3 sets of those rims.

On the other hand - if you flat out lost items (not unheard of, as a few have reported it), that's a different matter. I have teammates that lost lights and underglow, and others that are now down to 1 blueprint for every car they have in their inventory, even though they had multiple prints pre-update.
    @roush sport all of the rims and blue prints I have multiples all went to 1. So I'm unsure if anything stacked
    Sorry for not replying, I've been helping hammer out the fix to these issues. Notes are here: https://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5383125/patch-notes-6-3-1/

@SWEETRIDE95 We know about that issue and we're working hard to get it fixed. My day started 2 hours earlier than normal trying to resolve it....So looks like today is gonna hit a 12 or 14 hour day...But that's the commitment we make to you guys and gals

@SWEETRIDE95 We know about that issue and we're working hard to get it fixed. My day started 2 hours earlier than normal trying to resolve it....So looks like today is gonna hit a 12 or 14 hour day...But that's the commitment we make to you guys and gals

Thanks man. I appreciate you guys evolving the game.
    Threatening to quit was my next move. LOL
    Can we please fix my inventory problem? All of my items only show one. I want to buy crates for racer club but don't want to waste money if it won't add my previous items