Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

THOUGHTS ON NEW UPDATE???

streetxxracer22streetxxracer22 Registered Users 1,094 Posts
What do u think improved or is worse in the update?

Comments

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Well, I can atleast read everything now without needing my glasses.. lolol
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • streetxxracer22streetxxracer22 Registered Users 1,094 Posts
    True but I just wish they added some color and more simplicity to the game
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

True but I just wish they added some color and more simplicity to the game

More "simplicity"? Can you elaborate on what you mean by that?
    Like it was before, not many things on one screen , like the icons on the left of the garage have to much

Like it was before, not many things on one screen , like the icons on the left of the garage have to much

Ok...so the home screen (your garage) is too "busy". Got it. I agree with you, for the record. :)
    Yeah , also want the game to have more color :#
    I think that's it
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Noticed that if you updated before claiming the turf car, the turf option is dimmed and you can't claim the car.
  • getterdonegetterdone Registered Users 158 Posts
    The sound effects are like ya found a box of baby toys in the attic other then that solid update good job
    That's why I don't have any sounds in the game most of the time
  • SpeedTrappSpeedTrapp Registered Users 123 Posts
    More Brightness to the game overall and fix the Mechanic, now the axles get upgraded?
    edited June 2017
    What does the lil pink lock icon in the upper right corner of some people avatar in lobby mean?? @roush sport
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    The UI is beyond extra XD
    I remember back then how less eye straining the game was with its layout and screen :s
  • LoopholeLoophole Registered Users 3 Posts
    Go and change hud, by the way is junk, but don't fix all the other problems with game such as cars NVR stay same rating all work put in to get ready for turf and instead of 1656 example which is what was when tuned it's 1657 and have to spend all gems, to fix again,
    That won during week in showdown! The dc after every race, the not even getting rewards from previous days showdown even though had over 4k in points when stopped at 5pm. Wtf ever.
    @Loophole I agree on that too, always been a problem, what's the point of doing showdown? SMH

What does the lil pink lock icon in the upper right corner of some people avatar in lobby mean?? @roush sport

Means it's a non pinkable car. You'll see that over the lobby bots (when a lobby has a low amount of people in it), and when someone is down to their last car.
    C y r u s said:

Noticed that if you updated before claiming the turf car, the turf option is dimmed and you can't claim the car.

Being worked on - they know it's an issue, and it wasn't intentional.

More Brightness to the game overall and fix the Mechanic, now the axles get upgraded?

Unintentional, and being fixed. Now, before you mention how she doesn't touch weight reduction, nos, turbo, or sc - the mechanic is designed to only upgrade things that are reversible. For example, she will recommend upgrades in the engine, exhaust, etc...because you can always revert to stock. However, once you install stage 1 weight reduction....there's no going back. Once you install a conversion - there's no going back. They didn't want the mechanic to "lock" players into any predetermined path of irreversible upgrades.

Hope that helps?
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    tool box removed B)

IGN : 1320killer
  • FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    New forced update, 2 days after the last forced update hours before the start of turf wars. I don't have access to wifi right now and phone won't take the update using cellular data so I'm screwed for this showdown and can't finish tuning. Not great planning folks!!!
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    One thing I've noticed now my phone gets so hot when tuning. I can only tune 3-4 cars at a time then I need to let it cool off. I'm on an iPhone 7+ and didn't have this problem til I updated a couple days ago. As for the new sounds, I like it. Love the new tuning options as well as the font. Other than making my phone hot, I like the update so far
    Hopefully the look of the game changes , I know it's a big thing to change but I honestly liked the way the game looked before , way smoother