Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Poor customer service

chaddwick1224chaddwick1224 Registered Users 2,065 Posts
Purchased 3 sets of 10ff crates yesterday and when i was opening them the barracuda and camaro blueprints were showing up as negatives. Ex: -2, -1 0 than back to a negative. Ended up receiving no bp for either car. Contacted customer service who replied saying i would be reimbursed either tokens or gems but not prints ( not sure how they would reimburse this situation but gave benefit of doubt).
I responded today saying havent receive any items and they said they checked and have no record of any mistakes in the ff crates yesterday.
Anyone have this happen before? Guess i made up the negative crate thing.
Put this here because no one reads anywhere else
#Imwiththeclown

Comments

• j2 theizzoj2 theizzo Registered Users 4,383 Posts
    There is no record of our mistake (does jedi mind trick wave)
  • KKDude11432KKDude11432 Registered Users 7,358 Posts

OG Player, OG Forums User, M5 Enthusiast, Legit Dealer. KKDude11432 is the name, Racing Rivals is the game.

Main Ign: XxDudeOfFirexX
  • chaddwick1224chaddwick1224 Registered Users 2,065 Posts
    These are not the blueprints you are looking for
    #Imwiththeclown
    Dammit I knew I could have done it better lol
    Best part about all this is theyll probably move this post but not provide any useful information on how to resolve.
    @j2 theizzo sorry man but your line was the inspiration. Actually laughe out loud.
    It wasnt like i got a car but def shld have 3 or 4 prints of each. Plus payin that many gems for 6-7 crates suks. The basically saying im lying about the mistake was just the cherry on top. Happy belated bday
    #Imwiththeclown
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    edited June 2017

@j2 theizzo sorry man but your line was the inspiration. Actually laughe out loud.
    It wasnt like i got a car but def shld have 3 or 4 prints of each. Plus payin that many gems for 6-7 crates suks. The basically saying im lying about the mistake was just the cherry on top. Happy belated bday

@chaddwick1224 Any chance you took screenshots of the negative numbers showing up? Not only am I curious to see it, but I could escalate it as well (incase there is an error going on with the inventory that hasn't shown it's face yet).
    @Roush Sport no one is more angry that i didnt think to screenshot it than me. When u open crates ur just excited and keep hitting next and i didnt think to stop. I had never seen negative prints before. I know they must get thousands of false complaints a day and they have to wade through the bs but i was hoping they would be able to see what i received in the 10 packs. Not a huge deal about the inventory I just didnt like them basically saying in their response that nothing was wrong and have a nice day. Will def open much slower in the future :). At least 30 crates opened and not one camaro or barracuda print in my inventory.
    #Imwiththeclown
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    @chaddwick1224 I totally understand, and dude I empathize with you. I wish I could return your gems to you - but I can't. Also, remember - the customer service group is still Glu, and unfortunately sometimes their responses are a little less than cordial.

You can try reaching out to Grim to see if he can take a look, as he knows the inventory system had an issue that showed up with 6.3. I have to wonder if it's a situation where the prints are actually on your account, you just can't see them. (they've had similar things happen with other players with things like headlights, underglow, and wheels)

I've even noticed where if you have several items....say, 5 fiberglass front bumpers for the skyline (currently in the performance crates) - and you decide you want to sell one of the bumpers. You tap the item, tap sell, it says "sell for 4,000?"....you tap "sell"...all 5 bumpers are gone, but you only gained 4 grand. You then have to restart...and the 4 remaining bumpers will then show up in the inventory.

The devs know about that (the selling of one of an item wiping out your entire stock of that particular item until you reboot) - and they are working on it. I'm not sure if your issue may be somehow related to this, but....never hurts to ask.