Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

FIXED: Bug Report - Bronze crate refresh 6/18/2017

2Next

Comments

• couchrac3rcouchrac3r Registered Users 4,901 Posts
    Right after crate refresh ign couchrc3r
  • couchrac3rcouchrac3r Registered Users 4,901 Posts
    @[RR] Prodigal Grim here is pic of cars I pulled with inventory to see the twist

• greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited June 2017
    > @[RR] Prodigal Grim said:
    > When the crates go live every Sunday, I pop open a bunch on a couple accounts and check the drop rates. They didn't seem odd or off. It really is luck of the draw. May seem like a generic response, but I hate it when stuff doesn't drop right. Heck, when anything doesn't kick off right...

Luck of draw is when draws are taken manually or single draws. If it is electronic and involves a repititve process than the instructions how the draw reacts is coded. When there are 3x drop offers on specific cars for specific crates it's not luck of draw that drops 3x the particular bp but the relative coding.

Apologies but I find it hard to believe your explanation. By trying a couple of shots is not enough. Have you tried to complete the Abarth or the other cars ? I guess not. No one explained to me yet why out of 42 crates I only got 4 x bp for the Abarth but I got 24 x bp for the Chevelle. The explanation of why Such extreme drop rates is obvious. Even if this is something orchestrated behind the racers back no one would admit it. They do it for a reason to keep you on buying. 4 in 42 makes the drop rate for the Abarth less than 10% and that of the Chevelle more than 50%. Stats say it all. You cannot mess with proven stats. I had a similar experience with the gold crates Paintable Ford Torino. Out of 4 x batches I got only 3crates. That's again a drop rate of less than 10%. The less the number of bp required is surely to make up for it the tempered drop rate..

I'm not alone in this since others voiced their concern as well....the following clip shows as well that it's not up to luck...out of 23 crates not a single Abarth bp. Watch it please...from 23 he got 2 x Chevelle which tallies with my explanation above.

https://youtu.be/vTSyRrGPJqc

And that's just for the car. Out of 42 I only found out one single bronze car and that's the mercury. Same as the clip.

Why are we paying for crates and we are given an excuse that drops are about luck ?... Why is it that you guys are pulling our legs with such excuses ?... I hate it...what I know for sure is that my wallet didn't drop it's cash by luck. I would pretend that the customer should be allowed a realistic chance to get what he wants. You guys are doing your utmost to inflate prices on the black market... You guys are doing your utmost so that the ones like me who actually buy the crates stop doing. Such practices which come from the back end are those which make or break the success of the game. It's not fair to preach about being legitimate in the game, refrain from installing after market apk and other batch of rules and at the same time we are taken for a ride.
  • penismightierpenismightier Registered Users 939 Posts
    My inventory items reappeared. Thanks
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

My inventory items reappeared. Thanks

great news!
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    edited June 2017

Apologies but I find it hard to believe your explanation.

I'm completely honest with you guys and if you think calling me a liar is going to help (facetious apology included)....not so much. I used 3 accounts and bought 5 10 packs on each. It's also how I found out about the inventory bug. I was happy that I found the bug before anyone reported it to me, which resulted in a much quicker fix time. I've ended up sleeping at work twice this week (and it's only Thursday) because I've worked past midnight from work twice and from worked till after midnight once more after I got home from work. I'm super thorough on this stuff and trying to get things worked on. I barely get to "play" the game now because I spend my free time jumping between the Facebook pages and the forums to make lists of stuff you all mention. You want my help, I'm happy to help. I do take insults a little personal towards what I do for you guys behind the scene.

That being said, yes some items in crates are more rare than others. Have you ever bought a pack of trading cards....any trading card game? There are weights. Some stuff will be harder to pull. HOWEVER, my goal is to make sure 3 of the 4 cars to pull withing 50 cars. Also worth mentioning is the fact that you may not complete the blueprint version, but you very well may pull a bronze version. If you don't, welcome to the world of odds.

In regards to the black market, we're not trying to inflate (or deflate) it all. Black market is all you guys, hence why it's called black market. It really all comes down to luck of the draw in the crates.
    edited June 2017
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That being said, yes some items in crates are more rare than others. Have you ever bought a pack of trading cards....any trading card game? There are weights. Some stuff will be harder to pull. HOWEVER, my goal is to make sure 3 of the 4 cars to pull withing 50 cars. Also worth mentioning is the fact that you may not complete the blueprint version, but you very well may pull a bronze version. If you don't, welcome to the world of odds.
    >
    > In regards to the black market, we're not trying to inflate (or deflate) it all. Black market is all you guys, hence why it's called black market. It really all comes down to luck of the draw in the crates.

First and foremost my anger is not directed at you but at how the system works. I hate the fact that the tampered drop rate stuff is known but no one from the team acknowledges it. Not my intention to call you liar but understand my frustration. In fact you contradicted yourself. First you said it all boils down to luck but now you saying that some cars are more rare than others... !..which means drop rate per car varies which is not quite fair.

DROP RATE SHOULD BE EQUAL TO ALL CARS BP. THE VARIABLE SHOULD BE THE AMOUNT OF BP REQUIRED TO MAKE UP THE CAR AND NOT SOMETHING WHICH IS HIDDEN AND UNKNOWN TO THE CUSTOMER.

I understand some Items might be rare but come on...I cracked open 43 crates and managed to complete 3 X Chevelles which required 7 bp each ( that's almost 50% of the crates I opened)... but could not manage to complete a car which is made up of 5 bp "only" !!!...this is over doing it. And why ??? What for ???...if I crack open 40-50 crates I PRETEND that I manage to get all cars and goodies that are on offer.

Further to that, no i didn't manage to find the equivalent bronze copy neither... Out of 43 crates I found only 1 bronze car which it's ridiculous when you take the number of items marketed under the bronze crate sale....

I would have been better off (and much cheaper) if I buy cars from the black market than getting those which I don't want and end up with a number of useless bp.

And I dare you guys...instead of concealing the truth...why don't you just say the drop rate per car. Publish the odds for the respective car bp. Same as football or other sport bets. If you speaking about odds than it would be fair enough to publish drop rate per car. ...just for the sake of transparency.
  • ninjaashpaltninjaashpalt Registered Users 4,903 Posts
    any idea of why the glitch happened of bronze crate
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    I don't see anywhere on the shipyard where it says youre guaranteed to get any car.. just bp. Dam.n ppl cry when they gamble and lose. Like he said. Some cars are rarer than others hence their drop are much rarer.. smh..
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi

any idea of why the glitch happened of bronze crate

When we added the new stacking feature there was a bug where the server (back end) didn't match the client (user device) and that caused the game to spaz.
    edited June 2017
    > @aubassplayer said:
    > I don't see anywhere on the shipyard where it says youre guaranteed to get any car.. just bp. Dam.n ppl cry when they gamble and lose. Like he said. Some cars are rarer than others hence their drop are much rarer.. smh..

Not crying. Just not like it being taken for a ride. ... is there somewhere which says that some cars are rarer to get ?..is there ? the odds thing it's something new...everyone knew it but never confirmed. Wtf..the shipyard crates are tempered as long as they keep on milking us dry.

You guys might get plenty of gems from the x3 offers. Where I live the max I can get is a hand full...I'm not grumbling but over here gems are paid for not gotten for free unless I painstakingly save showdown ones over and over and what do WE get ??..a tempered drop rate.!!!...very fair indeed. Now stay telling me that showdown gems are given for free...and tell me that no one obliges me to but crates...whatever

As I said, the drop rate should be equal to each bp for each car. The number of bps required to build up the car should vary.
    But you know why they wouldn't do this cos otherwise the amount of bps required to build up the Abarth (in this case) would be so high that they Will receive all sort of fleck. Imagine the Abarth currently requires 5 bp with an unknown drop rate...if you convert that into number of bps required to make up the car you'll get in the region of 30 bp. Lol. But instead of doing so they do it the other way round so as to avoid criticism.....

Now it's Either you are failing to see my point or else you like it being taken for a ride.

From my end Lesson learnt. ! I never said that I want things for free..in fact I'm happy to pay for them..something which many over here don't do...I don't rely on fyber and the 3x offers but is morally wrong cannot be described as right. For transparency sake the drop rate should be known. This is not a gamble as you describe it. I am paying for something but at the back end there is an unknown schema which manipulates MY purchases. Pinks are a gamble but would you pink if you know that your opponent has the ways to cheat you of your car ?!..I guess not!