Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

New turf system and points sÛck

BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
The new point system blows as well as the enjoyability. It is even harder and takes longer to get a dam race due to ability to immediately chicken out. Top teams still self crushing. Nothing in turf was resolved. As a matter of fact it sucks more now. The amount of chicken outs on races have gone up 15 times what is was. Bring back the chicken points. Or find a way to make turf enjoyable because it straight blows

Comments

• JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I know I sat in a lobby for an hour and only got about 5 races.
  • EnemyRivalsEnemyRivals Registered Users 510 Posts
    It's good for lower class cars that get bullied by the higher class cars they can now decline instead of waste their time letting the higher class cars wait 30 seconds
    IGN: FLAMIN SLICER
    IGN: ENEMYRIVALS
  • BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
    All i am saying is turf lobbies are like multi lobbies. Everyone is a spectator.
  • Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
    Hey I did write something about this the other day @Bfrail . Chickening out is annoying I think if you chicken out after being challenged u should have a small amount of points deducted . It really pissed me off cause I was in the maxed lobby for r class and even challenged other rwb that are equal and they chicken out took me 10 minutes to use up a Rotana that's only needs 4 races to be stuffed . Lucky I dontbturf much just gems and crates these days
    And is the new points system even in I haven't noticed any difference to how my cars score
  • ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    Lol i dont even challenge people unless its another turf or something that catches my eye. And if they raise pink ill most likely accept. But then i always lose.. lol
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Lol @ares_niitozz I have lost around 15 now Renault Turbos to F40's now. Had a couple close one with the closest me losing was .002. I will catch one slipping one of these days.
    Lol damnn id be mad :D
    IGN:
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    I just started turfing. In fact, this was my second time. I was surprised how little racing goes on. Most people just chicken out when I challenge them Does not matter what I'm driving.

So, I sat and watched a lobby with 8 cars. NO ONE WAS RACING!!! 15 minutes and not a soul was "busy"

When I asked why, in the lobby, no one replied with a real answer. Just the typical BS
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    Not to be "that guy" - but the new points system isn't active yet.

If you are talking about the detail that you see now....that's not "new". The system has always worked as it does currently, it's just now you see the breakdown of the points tally.

Fugyea said:

I just started turfing. In fact, this was my second time. I was surprised how little racing goes on. Most people just chicken out when I challenge them Does not matter what I'm driving.

So, I sat and watched a lobby with 8 cars. NO ONE WAS RACING!!! 15 minutes and not a soul was "busy"

When I asked why, in the lobby, no one replied with a real answer. Just the typical BS

That's typical depending on the lobby you run in, the type of car, and the event.
    @Roush Sport its hard for you to be "that guy" as your the only one who ever responds. However the ability to immediately chicken has made turf dull and boring as hell. Top teams are not complaining because you dont get chicken racers when you self crush for points. The chicken points need to comeback for those who chicken a straight up race. I am not saying ppl who chicken on a pinks challenge. But to have an a class car chicken immediately against an a class is bs. That guy should give up points.
    Bfrail said:

@Roush Sport its hard for you to be "that guy" as your the only one who ever responds. However the ability to immediately chicken has made turf dull and boring as hell. Top teams are not complaining because you dont get chicken racers when you self crush for points. The chicken points need to comeback for those who chicken a straight up race. I am not saying ppl who chicken on a pinks challenge. But to have an a class car chicken immediately against an a class is bs. That guy should give up points.

Only problem there is how would you stop exploiters? It's a double edged sword.

If a C class is bullied by an A class...a car that he has no shot in hell of ever winning against - he should have the option to opt out of the race. Being that you can't block a challenger in the first place, the "chicken out " button was added back - so that players don't have to wait 30 seconds each time someone, who may again be someone they have no chance of beating, challenges them.

On the flip side of that - you now have the ability to "cherry pick" whom you want to race against. In my opinion, it's not a game issue - it's a player issue. I race anything and everything as even if I'm out classed - it's the driver that matters, not the car or the build. I can give you the fastest car in the game - but if you can't launch it, or jump lights too early, I'll win every time. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks like that. So, you have a bunch of guys in a lobby, and it feels like a middle school dance. Everyone standing around staring at each other, and no one actually doing anything.

Here's hoping when the new system is introduced, that'll change.
    Personally the name is turf wars. Not picky bitch wars. You should have to race if you enter. Not forced to pink but should have to race. You dont go to a gun fight with a butter knife.
    This is y suggested a minus points for chickening out even if it's only a small amount @Roush Sport it can really be exploited because the challenger doesn't get anything
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    I'm Mc Loven the chicken button. I No longer have to be harrased
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
    edited June 2017
    Bfrail said:

Personally the name is turf wars. Not picky **** wars. You should have to race if you enter. Not forced to pink but should have to race. You dont go to a gun fight with a butter knife.

Fair point, but - when it's a ford vs chevy event, for example - You take a 1650 Cobra SVT into a lobby. You get bombarded by challenges from people with Z28's....a car that the SVT, even downhill with a tornado pushing it - won't have a chance at beating. Is it fair to the SVT guy to have to wait 30 seconds every single time he's challenged, especially if it's someone in a Z28 that wants to be a prick and just keeps repeatedly challenging him, so much so that he can't even race?

I understand don't bring a butter knife to a gun fight. But, buy the same token...if I bring a colt 45, and you whip out a barret 50 cal and keep challenging me to a duel.....that's a bit lopsided, no? Wouldn't it be better to give me the option to duel with you, or to back out and duel with someone on my level (aka chickening out, being that you challenged me in the first place)? By that same token, shouldn't you have the integrity to duel with someone of your caliber, instead of picking on the guy with the inferior gun?
    @Roush Sport i truely have enjoyed your responses and appreciate your feed back. How ever i have to go there on this one.

You said something about inferior gun.

We both agree that it is called turf wars correct?

If that is the case i want you to sight me a time were in a war one side did not have inferior equipment. Its not always fair in war. Someone has to win. Someone has to lose. If you bring dirt rocks to fight tanks then so be it. If you brought a tank to fight a bomber so be it. Its a turf wars.

The enemy is not going to show mercy because you went to battle with a straw and a sheet of paper to shoot spitballs at them. They are not going to say to their army " every trade your guns in for straws and paper so this silly idiot has an even fight".
    Bfrail said:

@Roush Sport i truely have enjoyed your responses and appreciate your feed back. How ever i have to go there on this one.

You said something about inferior gun.

We both agree that it is called turf wars correct?

If that is the case i want you to sight me a time were in a war one side did not have inferior equipment. Its not always fair in war. Someone has to win. Someone has to lose. If you bring dirt rocks to fight tanks then so be it. If you brought a tank to fight a bomber so be it. Its a turf wars.

The enemy is not going to show mercy because you went to battle with a straw and a sheet of paper to shoot spitballs at them. They are not going to say to their army " every trade your guns in for straws and paper so this silly idiot has an even fight".

This literally has me laughing out loud right now. I pictured this in my head, and about spit my iced tea all over my computer.

I agree with you - whole heartedly. I'm going to point the devs to this thread, and see what their take on this is, as I'm anxious to see their responses.

"Trade your guns for straws and paper so this silly idiot has an even fight".....that's friggin gold. :)
    I'm glad you think this is funny @Roush Sport and I'm glad I don't turf anymore cause I couldn't think of anything worse than having to waste more time than I needed to too make the minimum so I could get a top 100 turf car . I think the only way it can be fair from now on is to do just class turfs so that people can't go into a 56 lobby with a R2 car
    Y'all act like it's r3 in 56, 63 all day picking on b class.

Wrong.

It's the 750,000 mfers in a class/ b class pos cars that won't leave a turf car alone that make it so much sweeter.

Kick rocks bottom feeders.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

@dwdtuning easy crush points :p
    IGN:
    @dwdtuning i know what you mean. They can be annoying. How ever the 56 s2k re is roughly 14 damage a race. Thats 30 races. Before stress limit. 63 tune is 22 a race. You can run over 5000 races before you have car issues. Lol
    @dwdtuning seriously its everyone hitting the button. A vs A. A vs S. B vs A.

I have had a ton of z28 chicken when i am in a z28. I understand why you like it. For those of us who are trying to rin similar class or time capable cars taking 10minutes to get a dam race is bs. I got 6 races in an hours time. Thats the problem presented with the button
    For me it's no difference. Only thing that has changed is I get more races and I don't have to sit there asnd time out 1000 races every event. With out the button my races were very limited. Now I get all the races I want.

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    > @Bfrail said:
    > @dwdtuning seriously its everyone hitting the button. A vs A. A vs S. B vs A.
    >
    > I have had a ton of z28 chicken when i am in a z28. I understand why you like it. For those of us who are trying to rin similar class or time capable cars taking 10minutes to get a dam race is bs. I got 6 races in an hours time. Thats the problem presented with the button.

It took you an hr to get 6 races with chicken button. How many race do you think you would have gotten in the same hr is all those that chickened would have made you wait 30sec each???
    Regardless of chicken button. Ppl are only gonna race those they want to race.. atleast with the chicken button you can move in to the next guy faster..
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts

Fugyea said:

That's typical depending on the lobby you run in, the type of car, and the event.
    OK< thank you for the reply
    @Roush Sport

Ok system is in effect. Now i will completely say this new system does suck.

It is totally stupid now. Make no sense what so ever.

1656 lobby from my personal experiences

First i used a Z28 (a class). Beat an R class 240-260pts. Beat a b class 220-240.pts.

I used dodge gt2 r class
    Beat an a class 400 pts. This seems to be backwards. Shouldnt the A class car get more for beating the R class than an R class beating the A class. I mean seriously.

Also the self crush teams will certainly be self crushing in max lobbies using r2 and r3 cars

Top team will have 15m points in first event of turf lol.

Some fix. It worse than before.

At least when a 56 a class beat an r class you got 45-50 pts. When r class beat an a class you got 15-22 pts. Now it benificial to run r class and above.

Broken system. Remove it fix the formula to reflect bigger points for lower class wins and lower points for higher class wins

An r class car should not pull more point for beating an a class. Than the a class would get for beating that r class
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    That is fuck1ing hilarious. They make it so an easy win in a high class car is worth way more points than a really hard win in a low class car when they race each other - what IDIOT came up with that!