Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

New Turf Point System

[RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
The new point system will go into effect on Racer Showdown event 2 on Monday that way we can test outside of turf first and ensure it works!
Prev13

Comments

• Dr_ShaftPlayDr_ShaftPlay Registered Users 253 Posts
    Great post @[RR] Prodigal Grim ...thanks for the pre-update news...and thanks for not testing it in turf...and not leaving us lost...trying to figure out why things don't make sense after losing a turf...this is great...thanks for the news
  • ninjaashpaltninjaashpalt Registered Users 4,903 Posts
    Off topic but u all just put the civic type r crates in news then removed them ?????
  • kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    Wtf are ya doing with this new point system? Shitt is horrible. Do ya just sit around and think of ways of fckn game up more? There was nothing wrong with the old system. Quit tryna fix shitt that doesn't need fixing
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    Congrats on the most STUPID update ever. Not even an unintentional slip up - deliberate vandalism. Just run 45 rated R+ cars and get three times the points of a well tuned 45 corolla or civic. Yeah. That's fair - especially seeing how you took away the ability to actually win RRC in tournaments.

Honestly. This is the worst update I've seen in 3 years playing. Maybe not technically, but conceptually. Just STUPID. I'm going gem team and spending no more real life money on this
  • LTRAIN81LTRAIN81 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I'm all for more points on non pinks races but come on like previously mentioned every moron that received a free rs re focus can run it at a nearly stock 56 tune and get more points than a well tuned B class focus. To agree with previous post it's just wrong you used to have to put time into tuning a car to win high points now any idiot can run a basically stock R2 R3 and run up the score board. At least I know before Turf so I don't waste my timing actually tuning cars
  • slim777slim777 Registered Users 27 Posts
    I think its better based on engine damage
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    I think we should run a week or two to really see how it works. High points guys will still be high points. The sky isn't falling for christ's sake.
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    @SWEETRIDE95

Yeah. It's great if you wanna go run 300 maxed R2 cars. Personally nearly all my R2 are Turf cars and not really that tuned. They just look pretty in my garage. I like to be able to pink and make a few points. I suppose I could pink my turf cars, but given A - the level of cheating in the games, and B - the fact I would lost them all sooner or later anyways - I don't want to.

On what level of sanity should a 50 Focus make less points for beating a 50 Enzo than the other way round.

Sorry. Previous updates have caused problems and been mess ups. Fair enough. This is **** IDIOTIC
    They just posted on Facebook that they need to tweak some stuff on the fly tomorrow. Let's give it a chance.
  • FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    Keystone Kops strike again?
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

Off topic but u all just put the civic type r crates in news then removed them ?????

call it a sneak peak
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

Wtf are ya doing with this new point system? Shitt is horrible. Do ya just sit around and think of ways of fckn game up more? There was nothing wrong with the old system. Quit tryna fix shitt that doesn't need fixing

old point system was atrocious. I've been turfing top 100 to top 5 over the past 3.5 years... The system was stress based which did have some merit but had many many flaws. Our first take at tweaking the point system also had a major flaw. I hope you find this last event in showdown to be much better.
    edited July 2017
    Here's the idea of what we're going for. Ignore the bashing in it.... There were some fickle individuals on a DRAMA page on Facebook that it was directed to (They're a totally different crowd...), but the message is 100% on in regards to the goal.
    To all those complaining about the new system, I'm not sorry you can't run a civic si all 3 events on 6 teams and win turf wars and 15 cars. To those who claim everyone will be racing stock r2 cars because they're worth more than max d class, you're in for a shock.
    We know there are some flaws. We're working on fixing those flaws and if the change is ready by the last leg of showdown, we're going to push it. If everything goes well, then we will keep it for turf wars. If it is not any better than it is now OR the change isn't ready by showdown, then the old point system will be turned on and we will re-evaluate for next week starting during showdown again. This is why we're doing this during showdown in the first place and not turf wars... you're welcome. Also, aren't you glad the turf car isn't a completely new car this week? Again, you're welcome.
    All that being said, the goal is this... to make it so that racing/pinking the higher end lobby or higher classes (the top 4-5 ELIGIBLE classes) makes the most points. If you're using a high end car that breaks every 6-10 races, you should get more points than the messily Civic that breaks every 6-10 races. Otherwise, what's the point of even using a high end car. Also, a stock r/r2/r3 shouldn't be worth the same as a maxed d class, but the crush value of a stock r2 should be worth a lot more than a max d class. One is worth significantly more even using black market prices. I would like to think you would expect a $3 car to crush for more than a 5 cent car in any lobby.
    Now you may say that's greedy on our part because it promotes only using high end cars. Let me show you where you're wrong. If the turf events a B class, FWD, and AWD what you will see is that during the FWD leg, a d class car will race and crush for significantly more so that the high end points possible in that event are similar to that of the high end points of the AWD event where you can use much higher class cars. See what we did here? We made it so players can pick and choose where they go strong. Cool, right? At the same time... using the same events....you can make all your points during b class and awd where the cars are cheaper and sit out last event but those that do race in the last event will start screaming from the lower ranks to higher ranks OR the top teams can maintain their lead. You can assume no one will use high class cars in the last leg, but it's a safe bet that other players want to win a car too and now they can.
    The idea of an established min are going out the window. Points scored during each turf war will vary based on the events. Pinking and crushing will cause explosive jumps in points AND IT SHOULD! It's up to you guys to figure out where to race and what race. That's the vision for the new turf point system. Enjoy.

Congrats on the most STUPID update ever. Not even an unintentional slip up - deliberate vandalism. Just run 45 rated R+ cars and get three times the points of a well tuned 45 corolla or civic. Yeah. That's fair - especially seeing how you took away the ability to actually win RRC in tournaments.

Honestly. This is the worst update I've seen in 3 years playing. Maybe not technically, but conceptually. Just STUPID. I'm going gem team and spending no more real life money on this

that's why we tested in showdown. and why we changed it some more this event.
    edited July 2017
    Nice job on fckn the game up just a bit more. Thanks. Instead of working on the real issues you guys trying to fix something that didn't need fixing.

Nice job on fckn the game up just a bit more. Thanks.

you're welcome for providing a fair balanced system that doesn't promote self crushing nor make racing and crushing D class cars equivalent of higher class cars.
  • Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
    Hi just quick one how come I get a class bonus when my s class car beat a A class car? And my b class str4 beats a A class str8 and no bonus . Cheers
    I see what ya trying to do but still has a lot of flaws. Biggest flaw is if a lower class beats a higher class it gets low points but if a higher class beats a lower class the points are crazy.. Its going to cause people to not even wanna race a higher class because A their chance of winning is low and B if they do win it'll be low points. Its a good thing ya added the option to deny a race in turf quickly instead of timing out.
  • FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    Wow, I see all the words but fails to see the system as "better" as described in the in game message, "crucial" as described on face book or how this will in any way impact self crushing. From what I read, looks like self-crushing will provide a more substantial benefit as will crushes in general.

We'll see; change in and of itself is neither good or bad. Targeted change is usually benefial overall but solutions in search of a problem are a waste of everyone's time. So far I've only heard one voice complaining about the scoring system. I personally never really minded it. Compared to lobby jumping and ghost shifting that was at least once acknowledged as an unintended exploit are far more problematic from my perspective, but that don't count for much.

I will offer a genuine thanks for rolling this out during showdown and the evaluation that is being undertaken.
    Boffz79 said:

Hi just quick one how come I get a class bonus when my s class car beat a A class car? And my b class str4 beats a A class str8 and no bonus . Cheers

you should get one...i'll see what's up

I see what ya trying to do but still has a lot of flaws. Biggest flaw is if a lower class beats a higher class it gets low points but if a higher class beats a lower class the points are crazy.. Its going to cause people to not even wanna race a higher class because A their chance of winning is low and B if they do win it'll be low points. Its a good thing ya added the option to deny a race in turf quickly instead of timing out.

have you played in this last event of showdown? That was fixed. I even tested it and been chatting with a lot of folks about it tonight. That was the primary reason for tweaking it again.
  • RUSHV8RUSHV8 Registered Users 25 Posts
    After this change, why don't you guys just remove the lower lobbies, since they are useless now. You guys did a abyss between the 1681 and the 1630 lobby, now i can't play with the cars that i like. It only helped the big teams. Very nice of you guys.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I for one think the changes are great.
    RUSHV8 said:

After this change, why don't you guys just remove the lower lobbies, since they are useless now. You guys did a abyss between the 1681 and the 1630 lobby, now i can't play with the cars that i like. It only helped the big teams. Very nice of you guys.

Actually, lower lobbies will still be useful. It's all dependent on the events. 1640-50 d class won't be worth a lot if there are a whole bunch of R, R2, or R3 available, but in a D class event (yes we're going to do one) or a FWD event, you'll find that racing and/or crushing a D class car is worth a LOT more points than normal. That's the beauty of event modifiers.
    I found a glitch in the new system. Message me. Ya need to fix this asap. Ya fuckd up big smh
    Gotta say, I'm not a fan. It takes away the fun. I don't pink my high rated cars cos of the cheats, and cos I will lose them anyway sooner or later. I don't see how I gett 700+ points justs for a win in a maxed Rough Rhythm and 250 points to crush a Corolla

Basically, you just removed the low stakes, cheap, gambling buzz this game offered. IMO that was it's USP.

WAS
    Seems like ya patched it already. Glitch was if u crushed a car you got double crush points snd if u kept the car you would still get the crush bonus

Seems like ya patched it already. Glitch was if u crushed a car you got double crush points snd if u kept the car you would still get the crush bonus

started working on it as soon as we got in this morning :)
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited July 2017
    What's awesome is watching guys self crush a class cars in 68 lobby with r2 cars. All this did was make self crushing more expensive but for legit racers, break open your piggy banks if you want to keep up.
  • Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
    Was just racing getting 700 points then all of a sudden back to 90 what happened
    Ehhh, let them spend it. I'd rather be a balanced adult.
    This fun little phone game would not be worth the effort/time/money to run T25. It doesn't pay my mortgage or keep my yard mowed.
    Taking a stab at T100 once in a while is more than enough for me.