Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

New Turf Point System

Comments

• couchrac3rcouchrac3r Registered Users 4,901 Posts
    Seems as though you are pushing us to run max lobby all the time. Tried running a 40 tuned Acura integra in jdm and Honda vs Acura and was only getting 16-25 points a run. Tried max in r90ck in jdm event and was getting almost 700 a race. Also ran some in 63 and 68 lobbies to see how points were there also. You would think that you would reward the people that actually run lobby tuned cars instead of max lobby as it doesn't take much skill to max a car especially when you put the helper in to show best upgrades. Gonna end up killing all lobbies but max.
    My experience this turf
    Jdm event
    Acura integra 40 lobby 16 points per race
    63 370z re 88 points
    68 370z re 150 points
    R90ck a little under 700 a race
    R2 event
    Ford gt 2017 150-200 a run
    Ford gt fe 150-200
    Honda vs Acura
    40 lobby Acura integra 16-25 points
  • ninjaashpaltninjaashpalt Registered Users 4,903 Posts
    @couchrac3r I recently found out u get more points for parts owned. Don't have to be installed . Lol so I can take a rs re in 56 max it no nos then stock everything but tune make prob 300 a rave no stress
  • drrracingdrrracing Registered Users 2 Posts
    tournaments are empty...
  • baked67baked67 Registered Users 1 Posts
    What this new points system has done is taken the game away from the lower lobbies and put it all in upper ones. Why have a Honda vs Acura event with no cars available to purchase above a (a class) in showroom and then only give 17 points for winning the race. I have liked fine tuning my cars to try and get the best out of them, now just max them and go race??? Where is the skill in that.
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    Agree. This is shit. Point system designed around one person's MO IMO
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    Crushing a 45 civic - in the Honda event where there is little choice - is wroth 1/3 of the point for winning free race in R2. **** joke
    Gem team here I come. Money spent on game will be zero
    I do appreciate you're a maths/excel/tuning genius. But some of us just wanna pick up the phone and play, without selling the farm and actually dont mind to spend IRL mondey if it feels like value for money
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Now it will cost millions in cars and cash to win a turf car that's worth a 1/5th of what it cost to run. Whoever thought this was a good idea, yes we all know who that is, is a moron. This new lame point system is just gonna run off a ton of weekly turfers and seriously gonna effect cash spent on the game. Am I gonna spend money to buy mills and gems just to have some stupid point system drain all of em quickly so I can win a car that isn't worth anywhere near what I paid? Oh hell no im not. Not a chance!!!!
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    The entire system is tunable. You're feeling are shared by some others. I've gotten a lot of mixed reviews. But we can always tweak here and there.
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    RUSHV8 said:

After this change, why don't you guys just remove the lower lobbies, since they are useless now. You guys did a abyss between the 1681 and the 1630 lobby, now i can't play with the cars that i like. It only helped the big teams. Very nice of you guys.

I didn't read everything on this post but i think this is a very good point you also have to consider. ..i haven't been in game in months so if it's fixed sorry
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Everyone is acting a gloom and doom over the new points. Leave your feed back positive or negative such as @couchrac3r for example. That way they can then go and fine tune the points better because as said the system can be adjusted.

I for one think maxed lobbies should get more points but not extremely more as it is now.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    What is class bonus exactly ? And were does the X classed cars classify ? Is it after the R3 ?
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    Based off the game x class comes after r class and before r2
    But based off of speed it's before r class and after s class which is a bit confusing @greenstaged
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

What is class bonus exactly ? And were does the X classed cars classify ? Is it after the R3 ?

there are 3 levels to the bonus:
    if you WIN and are in a higher class car than your opponent
    if you WIN and are 1 class lower than your opponent's car
    if you WIN and are 2 classes lower than your opponent's car
    DuceRee said:

Based off the game x class comes after r class and before r2
    But based off of speed it's before r class and after s class which is a bit confusing @greenstaged

X class doesn't fit very cleanly...
  • kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    Grim can u please tweak system a bit. This turf I had A lot of points stolen because system said points were deducted due to same opponent but I never raced that person before. Happen A lot.
  • WobbleFoot313WobbleFoot313 Registered Users 12 Posts
    I'm having that same issue. It's telling me that I've raced the person before and I haven't.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I was racing in 63 and then pinked a member of No Bullshyt....lost then went to a 68 lobby and after a couple races ran into another member of No Bullshyt that I did not race yet and got the point reduction. So I wonder if the above comments had anything to do with teams. Idk
  • slim777slim777 Registered Users 27 Posts
    Its ok when the opponent fouled and i got small point, but its annoying when you reduce my point with same opponent issue which i didnt raced before
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    I have also experienced a lot of "same opponent" point deductions during this weeks showdown events.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    This morning before going to work I had a couple of races in showdown. Ten hours later back home and took another shot at the game. One of the races was against same guy with same car I raced against this morning. I know cos it was a Furai with first placed rims on. I was with same car as well. I got the "same opponent" message and had some 280 points deducted from the total points.

I read above that other guys are complaining about this. Is this "same opponent" intentional as part of the overall points restructuring or a glitch in the game ? @[rr]prodigal grim
  • adeechiadeechi Registered Users 7,246 Posts
    edited July 2017
    Can you explain the logic behind the showdown revision. I don't see any reason why it would benefit 99% of the community.
    Oh yeah. It was a business decision to milk more cash right
    edited July 2017
    adeechi said:

Can you explain the logic behind the showdown revision. I don't see any reason why it would benefit 99% of the community.
    Oh yeah. It was a business decision to milk more cash right

A- It had absolutely 0 to do with milking cash. It had everything to do with amount of effort put forth versus the reward...aka what you EARN vs handout.

B- The issue was that the best prize (gems) was at the bottom of the prize pool. The real reward for players was what they won in pinks and didn't crush as they climbed the ranks and as a bonus they got some tokens.... So it prize pool rewarded those that ran 3 races and quit. If you ran more than 3 races, you were no longer racing for the prize. That's what led to the restructure. However, it went too far the other way. We know that (the yelling was highly evident). So next week will be a lot better. No we're not going back to the old structure. The new-new prize structure will be somewhere in the middle and reward players more equivalently based on what it takes to reach those ranks. I will post the new prize structure later this week.
  • rolocastrorolocastro Registered Users 62 Posts
    Is pointless to Race Lobbies under 63, at least some C Class are up to that level...
  • ninjaashpaltninjaashpalt Registered Users 4,903 Posts
    > @[RR] Prodigal Grim said:
    > Can you explain the logic behind the showdown revision. I don't see any reason why it would benefit 99% of the community.
    > Oh yeah. It was a business decision to milk more cash right
    >
    > A- It had absolutely 0 to do with milking cash. It had everything to do with amount of effort put forth versus the reward...aka what you EARN vs handout.
    >
    > B- The issue was that the best prize (gems) was at the bottom of the prize pool. The real reward for players was what they won in pinks and didn't crush as they climbed the ranks and as a bonus they got some tokens.... So it prize pool rewarded those that ran 3 races and quit. If you ran more than 3 races, you were no longer racing for the prize. That's what led to the restructure. However, it went too far the other way. We know that (the yelling was highly evident). So next week will be a lot better. No we're not going back to the old structure. The new-new prize structure will be somewhere in the middle and reward players more equivalently based on what it takes to reach those ranks. I will post the new prize structure later this week.

Good. Crushed 5x max evo8 and got 0 gemd
  • BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    Same opponent still going on. Happened like 5 times in 1 hour. Please fix
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Why we get points taken off if the opposite racer fouls? I didn't lose the race he did. And I usually only race 20-30 guys. And we aren't selfcrushing. Not to many people have the balls to strictly drive and pink turf cars.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
    dwdtuning said:

Why we get points taken off if the opposite racer fouls? I didn't lose the race he did. And I usually only race 20-30 guys. And we aren't selfcrushing. Not to many people have the balls to strictly drive and pink turf cars.

Because the people that it truly hinders will blow by you if it's not there. Small pain for you, MAJOR pain for them.
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @[rr]prodigal grim

That's small pain for me is y'all stealing my points for them fouling.

How can them fouling cost me? I did nothing wrong. Absolutely nothing wrong but play your game. And you gonna take away my points cause another player fouled? The bull shyt at it's finest.

No one wants points because they fouled. But to steal ours cause they did. That's bull shyt. Take their points no mine. Not my fault they can't tap buttons correctly.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)