Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

New Honda type R - FREE Version

greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
Why is it locked ?

Comments

• Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    @greenstaged I believe this speaks to that https://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5382983/patch-notes-6-3

Added capability to make cars non-pinkable.
  • ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    ^ that is the gayest shit ive ever seen ever
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    Facts ^
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    Yes. Just read the posts related with non pinkable cars ->(https://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5382990/non-pink-able-cars#latest)

Well. I don't see much scope in giving a car that at the end of the day is 'unusable'. On the other hand it's a free car and no one gives anything for free, right ? ... I understand the argument behind @Roush Sport explanation in the other post but there again ... I would not give free unpinkable cars in the first place. But there again..Free is free and No one has the right to grumble. It would have been better to get a couple of free crates like it happenned in the past. It's a win / win situation for all..customer would have an incentive to buy crates to complete car/s and seller would increase sales. That's my opinion though.
  • id10Tangoid10Tango Registered Users 17 Posts
    The car is free and fast as hell if you know how to tune and drive it. So what if you can't make a million accounts and copy it because you can make money bets all day long and be assured that no one will try to raise to pinks as a cheap way of relieving you of rrc. This is now my favorite lobby car for money bets.
    TUNERS DONT JUMP AND JUMPERS CANT TUNE
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    If you want a pinkable version, it's in the crates. :)
    > @Roush Sport said:
    > If you want a pinkable version, it's in the crates. :)

@Roush Sport no mate. I'm done with those. As long as drop rate is tampered I'm not buying a single crate again in my life. I'd rather pay 10bucks in the black market and get the car I want than spend 100 and being taken for a ride.
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    ^ true
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
    > @greenstaged said:
    > > @Roush Sport said:
    > > If you want a pinkable version, it's in the crates. :)
    >
    > @Roush Sport no mate. I'm done with those. As long as drop rate is tampered I'm not buying a single crate again in my life. I'd rather pay 10bucks in the black market and get the car I want than spend 100 and being taken for a ride.

I understand your point, but, the crates are like the lottery. You can buy 100 tickets and not get what you want, or put 100 quarters in a slot machine, and not get a win.
    @Roush Sport

Again. No mate. Its not. The drop rate is tampered with. Simple as that. I opened 5 batches of bronze crates and I didn't manage to complete the Abarth. The Abarth should have entailed 5 prnts "Only" to complete !!!... guess what ??  The lottery gave me 3 completed Chevelles..which each car entailed 7 prints each ( total of 28) !!...that's 50% + drop rate just for the Chevelle. It's not luck or lottery and we both know it !.. Laws of probability should still stand and apply. For Abarth I required just 5 prints but never managed to complete and for the other I required 7 and I competed 3 cars !!..

Look for 'cracking up of bronze crates' videos on YouTube...(i can paste you links as well) and you will notice something in common for all !...no Abarth completion!! I don't call that lottery or luck. I call it tampering.

But..the cherry on the cake was when Grim replied to my post in the other section that some cars are more rare and harder to get !!!!!...you know what this reply implies ?! How can specific cars be harder to get unless such instructions are given !..hence coded ?!?...we are speaking about an electronic environment here. ! instructions (code) is at the base of everything. Even if you mention A.I., laws of probability should still apply UNLESS specificly altered.

The drop rate should be equal to each bp for each car. The number of bps required to build up the car SHOULD vary.
    But you know why they wouldn't do this ?.. cos otherwise the amount of bps required to build up the Abarth (in this case) would be so high that they Will receive all sort of fleck. Imagine the Abarth currently requires 5 bp with an UNKNOWN drop rate...if you convert that into number of bps required to make up the car you'll get in the region of 30 bp ( that's using the percentage / probability rate return I got from opening the crates). Lol. But instead of doing so they do it the other way round (tamper the drop rate)so as to avoid criticism.....and keeping the addicts opening crates till they are gem dry !

From my end Lesson learnt. ! I never said that I want things for free..in fact I'm happy to pay for them..something which many over here don't do...I don't rely on fyber and the 3x offers but what is morally wrong cannot be described as right under the excuse of a lottery.

For transparency sake the drop rate should be known. This is not a gamble as you describe it. I am paying for something but at the back end there is an unknown schema which manipulates MY purchases...ie what I get !

Odds or probability to get the bp SHOULD be known !!!

Somewhere on a lottery ticket the Odds of winning are always printed down albeit in fine print.
    @greenstaged I just put an inquiry in with the devs to see if I can get an answer on the drop rate. I want to be "sure" on how it works before I post anything.

In the meantime - if you want an Abarth, I have a bronze one - built to 56...yours if you want it (has nos).
    @Roush Sport

Thanks mate.
    Am looking forward to what they come up with and am trusting in your honesty.

Re Abarth. Thanks but it's yours mate. You can keep it. I just pointed out and explained what happened to me, what I saw in vids and what I queried about and replies I got.

My scepticism about crates is that this happened to me with the Abarth (5 bps) in bronze and with the Ford Torino (4 bps) in gold. In both instances I didn't manage to complete car albeit the low bps required.

@Roush Sport

Thanks mate.

Am looking forward to what they come up with and am trusting in your honesty.

Re Abarth. Thanks but it's yours mate. You can keep it. I just pointed out and explained what happened to me, what I saw in vids and what I queried about and replies I got.

My scepticism about crates is that this happened to me with the Abarth (5 bps) in bronze and with the Ford Torino (4 bps) in gold. In both instances I didn't manage to complete car albeit the low bps required.

You're welcome! I have no issues with taking questions to the devs. Bear in mind, though, that they aren't online yet (have about 3 hours to go before they start the day).

I have 2 torino's as well - welcome to one if you want it. :)

As soon as I hear back from them, I'll advise.
    @eXxPLoSiOn Can you offer some input here as well, as I know you have a pretty thorough understanding of the drop rates?
    > @Roush Sport said:
    > @Roush Sport
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks mate.
    >
    > Am looking forward to what they come up with and am trusting in your honesty.
    >
    >
    >
    > Re Abarth. Thanks but it's yours mate. You can keep it. I just pointed out and explained what happened to me, what I saw in vids and what I queried about and replies I got.
    >
    >
    >
    > My scepticism about crates is that this happened to me with the Abarth (5 bps) in bronze and with the Ford Torino (4 bps) in gold. In both instances I didn't manage to complete car albeit the low bps required.
    >
    > You're welcome! I have no issues with taking questions to the devs. Bear in mind, though, that they aren't online yet (have about 3 hours to go before they start the day).
    >
    > I have 2 torino's as well - welcome to one if you want it. :)
    >
    > As soon as I hear back from them, I'll advise.

Don't worry. I'm not in a hurry. Dunno how the code specifics work but stats are rarely wrong. 50% (at least) of the bronze crates drop rate goes to a Chevelle. The ones I'm opening after showdown give me chevelle most of the time. I already have 6 chevelles and that's 7 x bp per car !
    Money machine photo IMG_0324.png

How could you not love a money machine?
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @id10Tango is that a good time for 40 lobby? I have no clue as I only arace 50, 63 and 68.
    @JohnKIV @id10Tango fast car indeed. That time for a 40 is rocket fast. But please refrain from going out of topic. Am waiting anxiously for a reply re drop rate by @Roush Sport or info by @eXxPLoSiOn . thanks
    My bad, I thought that the title of the thread was 'New Honda Type R - Free Version.
    So, for the sake of closing the loop on this one - I spoke with the devs, and confirmed that the drop rates for items in the crates are completely random. They actually told me that they took two accounts and put them side by side, and cracked a bunch of crates (back when the red headlights were in crates). One account - they opened 100 crates, no headlights. The other, in the very first bundle they opened - 2 sets of red headlights.

So, every time you purchase a crate, it's a roll of the dice in regards to what you will get.
  • WobbleFoot313WobbleFoot313 Registered Users 12 Posts
    I like the free civic. It's a money winner for sure. In the 45 lobby, my best time has been 9.769, so it helps to raise money for maxing r-r3 cars.
  • Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    With every car in the game people will realize how fast it is and thereafter wont race you. Unless of course they are in the same car or faster one. I would strongly suggest you exploit this car while some people dont know how fast they are.

The game needs alot work. It become more like monopoly then a drag racing game.