Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Tournament Exploits

2Next

Comments

• aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Lol how you explain negative time runs??? @pablorocks
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • pablorockspablorocks Registered Users 57 Posts
    i don't know
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    > @aubassplayer said:
    > Lol how you explain negative time runs??? @pablorocks

Cars are so fast that they turn back time. ?!
    @greenstaged yes. They will have a neg time at the end of the race..
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Hit 88mph and you can run back in time lmao
    Time machines.... Back to the future. Lol
    1.21 Jigawatts????? Impossible Dr. Brown!!!!
  • ThuGiraffeThuGiraffe Registered Users 4 Posts
    I hate that people use x class and turf cars in tournaments, but it was still my primary source of in game credits. With the 150k room removed and free tokens taken away, I have to race the bots over, and over, and over...
  • slim777slim777 Registered Users 27 Posts
    > @ThuGiraffe said:
    > I hate that people use x class and turf cars in tournaments, but it was still my primary source of in game credits. With the 150k room removed and free tokens taken away, I have to race the bots over, and over, and over...

Relax bro, i did what you did lmao. Find bots in lower lobby use A class then perfect shift all the time hahaha
  • adam1887adam1887 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Since the tourneys have dissapeared I did this perfect shift method in s class campaigne to try and earn some rrc, but when i went to spend some of it it all dissapeared???? I did this a couple of times same thing happened?? Is this normal
  • 2thpic2thpic Registered Users 188 Posts
    i win in 1630 tournaments with my jetta and it keeps disqualifily me.
    i am loosing cash to race and then the race jacks me up... why??

What happen with tourney? I cant get in to lobby
    > @slim777 said:
    > What happen with tourney? I cant get in to lobby

Never mind, its fixed
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    Will we be getting our tokens back from the 150k tourney? I have tokens in the other three events but no longer n the big event.
  • randysihavongrandysihavong Registered Users 47 Posts
    Y'all made 150k dead , no one races in tournament anymore. You can spend an hour or more waiting for someone to participate only to watch them leave because it's dead. Should at least give people free 150 k tokens to get people starting to do tournaments again
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    There should be a time limit on waiting for live players. If I join a tourney and after so long of being the only one say 30secs-1min a bot joins. If after no other live players join in the same elasped time a second bot etc. Up to if needed a third bot joins filling the spots. These bots should run realistic times for the lobby also not to easy but not also impossible times.

This is how other games with pvp type systems work if no live player is found within a time limit you then face a bot.
  • randysihavongrandysihavong Registered Users 47 Posts
    For reals , I wait hella long and no one shows up . And this goes for in different lobbies . What's the point of fixing and adding the 150k tourney only to have people not race in tournament anymore . Y'all were suppose to fix it not kill it and make it dead
    > @randysihavong said:
    > For reals , I wait hella long and no one shows up . And this goes for in different lobbies . What's the point of fixing and adding the 150k tourney only to have people not race in tournament anymore . Y'all were suppose to fix it not kill it and make it dead

That's the fix !

Basically no more free tokens = no more free cash.

What's the scope of participating by spending 150k when there is a risk and a big one at that of ending up with nothing !..

So yea. They indeed fixed it. No more free rrc.
    edited July 2017
    Now no more silver crates in showdown. So we can get free Performance, turf, bronze and gold crates but no free Silver crates? Thst seems very dumb to me.

So you essentialy are making Silver crate items more valuable than gold crate because you can get gold crates free with only way to get silver is spending Gems.
    > @JohnKIV said:
    > Now no more silver crates in showdown. So we can get free Performance, turf, bronze and gold crates but no free Silver crates? Thst seems very dumb to me.
    >
    > So you essentialy are making Silver crate items more valuable than gold crate because you can get gold crates free with only way to get silver is spending Gems.

Obviously turf war will follow suit. I'm wondering what's behind this ? Cannot fathom their reasoning..worse still are the gems prizes. You need to fight for top places to get them. No more one or two races.
    > @greenstaged said:
    > > @JohnKIV said:
    > > Now no more silver crates in showdown. So we can get free Performance, turf, bronze and gold crates but no free Silver crates? Thst seems very dumb to me.
    > >
    > > So you essentialy are making Silver crate items more valuable than gold crate because you can get gold crates free with only way to get silver is spending Gems.
    >
    > Obviously turf war will follow suit. I'm wondering what's behind this ? Cannot fathom their reasoning..worse still are the gems prizes. You need to fight for top places to get them. No more one or two races.

I do not think the entire structure of the new Showdown is that bad. But removing Silver crates all together is dumb and having Turf crates instead. I have 60 saved bronze and 60 saved turf crates and simply do not pull them because they have NO accessories. I then do not pull my silver and gold ones because they have accessories.
  • furyxd3furyxd3 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Showdown suck put it back the way it was
    > @JohnKIV said:
    > > @greenstaged said:
    > > > @JohnKIV said:
    > > > Now no more silver crates in showdown. So we can get free Performance, turf, bronze and gold crates but no free Silver crates? Thst seems very dumb to me.
    > > >
    > > > So you essentialy are making Silver crate items more valuable than gold crate because you can get gold crates free with only way to get silver is spending Gems.
    > >
    > > Obviously turf war will follow suit. I'm wondering what's behind this ? Cannot fathom their reasoning..worse still are the gems prizes. You need to fight for top places to get them. No more one or two races.
    >
    > I do not think the entire structure of the new Showdown is that bad. But removing Silver crates all together is dumb and having Turf crates instead. I have 60 saved bronze and 60 saved turf crates and simply do not pull them because they have NO accessories. I then do not pull my silver and gold ones because they have accessories.
    >

With the new structure they will save thousands of gems ...over 300k worth of gems per day to be exact ! Gem prizes were for the 'worst' 3500 racers so to speak...now the 'few' gems which were allocated as prizes are much much much less i.e. 8600 gems per day. Only those who manage to make it to the top will have them. Am not going to bust my ass on a daily basis for sure.
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    I seriously can't push hard everyday for 20 gems in showdown. I really hope they make gems available to earned in other ways. The 3-5 videos per day sure as hel isn't going to support me long term. I never play the cry baby "i'm quitting" card, but seriously, when I can't sustain my playing with playing, I will have to consider something else.

Perhaps this will help spread a "no boost" movement.
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    > @JohnKIV said:
    > There should be a time limit on waiting for live players. If I join a tourney and after so long of being the only one say 30secs-1min a bot joins. If after no other live players join in the same elasped time a second bot etc. Up to if needed a third bot joins filling the spots. These bots should run realistic times for the lobby also not to easy but not also impossible times.
    >
    > This is how other games with pvp type systems work if no live player is found within a time limit you then face a bot.

^
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    One step forward, two steps back. Repeat. That's RR
  • WobbleFoot313WobbleFoot313 Registered Users 12 Posts
    The showdown shake up does make it impossible to obtain gems, which was most people's way to obtain gems for boosts, to use in turf

You'd have to race a ton to win 150 gems and you would probably use more than 150 boosts to get it. It's like investing 50 bucks to make 40 back. You lose ten bucks. This would happen every week, for whoever one. But it wouldn't be wise to use boosts in showdown.

It would make it worth it by eliminating boosts altogether from showdown events and keeping them in Turf. That way you'd have to make new tunes for an unboosted situation, new unboosted records, level the playing fields for new players, and take a bit of emphasis off of showdown and more emphasis on Turf. The turf would be the area where serious players go, since you might have to purchase gems for boost. Sort of like, the weekdays are for everyone, i.e. Showdown, but the weekends would be for the serious players, i.e. Turf.

I dig the changes for the most part though. Just throwing out the idea for people who used showdown as their main income for gems.
    ^^^^^ I actually think that is a cool idea. Make it No boost in showdown.
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    I'd love to no boost everything, forever. Boost however cost gems ($) and provide a performance advantage. So they will never go away and always be used by someone. The herd will usually follow the elite to feel competitive.