Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

The End is Near

DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
With the new points system being pushed to the pay to play person....

And now showdown being pushed in the same direction....

The End of Racing Rivals is at hand.

I would like to congratulate Prodigal Grim and company for the demise of a once great game.

You have hearby killed any chance for new users being able to succeed and effectively set off the established users enough to get the above mentioned kicked from many Facebook groups, removed as friends and ostracized yourselves behind the eight ball.

Thank you for ending this game quickly. A slow death would have been to painful to bear.

It is sad that you would not listen to the users of the game itself. You all have zero sense of customer retention and cater to the 5% instead of nurturing the 95% that actually keep this game alive.

Farewell Racing Rivals.... I wish you could have been better.
Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
Prev134

Comments

• DerangedMenaceDerangedMenace Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I agree with you 100%. For some reason I still "like" RR on Facebook and seen in my news feed about the gems being taken away from showdown. One comment I read and agree with is that since Daniel Powell got hired on, RR downward spiral has started spinning out of control. It's only a matter of time before the death rattle breaks the deafening silence.
    IGN's Alabama Menace
    256 M3NAC3
    Vouch Page
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://communities.glu.com/racing-rivals/discussion/5354646/derangedmenace-vouch-page-285#latest
  • adeechiadeechi Registered Users 7,246 Posts
    "your comment will appear after it has been approved"

They don't want you to hear the truth
  • NomercyNomercy Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 24 Posts
    I always thought it would be glu that killed the game. Then carbonated came along to become the worst devs I've ever seen. Hate to see what stupid shit they're going to do to turf next.
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    It's clear that they didn't like the fact that you could earn 450 gems a week just by running a few free races and that many stopped buying gems because of this. Now to win 150 gems your going to have to burn through at least 100 boost which will cost you 160 gems. The new prize structure really does cater to the top few while really sticking it to countless numbers of average racers. I get that it's a ploy to try and get more people spending money on gems but I think it's gonna have an opposite effect. With the new prize structure, I really can't find a reason to race in showdown anymore. Showdown to me seems like they want us to spend $20 to win $10 worth of prizes, doesn't make sense at all.
  • nejaukslvnejaukslv Registered Users 13 Posts
    I felt this, when they remove 150k tournament. No it's back, but no vouchers. So, if you are newbie, you can play until finish carrier, and then start to pay, to build cars?
    I want to read answer from developers. Real answer, not polite bla bla bla... are you pushing us to spend real money to play game in good level?
  • FORREST FORREST GULPFORREST FORREST GULP Registered Users 12,751 Posts
    Buh bye
    This is probably the worst possible thing you could have done. Check the FB pages and you'll see everyone, and I do mean everyone, is calling for Daniel's head and blasting carbonated. It's such a tremendous blunder of a decision and one that's gonna have seriously negative effects. I've already quit my team and won't run anymore if this is the way it's going to be. What a total kick in balls from carbonated. "Please run hard in showdown to win next to nothing for it." What a horrible idea. You really need to stop listening to the top few and start catering the very large majority, if not, you all won't be long in your current profession.
    Cyrus, agree. I also left team, want to step back a bit. We will see, what will happen in few weeks.
  • BlackfirePhoenixBlackfirePhoenix Registered Users 6,245 Posts
    These guys sure do love pushing the limits on the average player huh? Basically forcing the F2P players to go down the Pay to win path.

Daniel and Lex can afford to pay for all this shitt 'cause they run a site where they sell WR tunes.

At $15-$30 bucks a tune I'd say they make a killing of those who want to have the upper hand in the lobbies. Not to mention that they probably receive benefits for destroying what was most important to F2P players. Since they brought Grim on things have been a wreck. They do all this BS but yet don't focus on hackers and glitchers? Shitt I'd say they wanted this game to fall.

For all those who will stay, I say we boycott this damned game.
    Pigpen has already started getting his followers to boycott this game that Carbonated and Grim turned into a POS. So why Not us?
    Ign Blackfire Phoenix and ExhaustedKicker.

JK still am Retired. add me on Steam instead @ BlackfirePhoenix
  • PacMan RevisPacMan Revis Registered Users 783 Posts
    Money hungry!'‼️‼️‼️‼️

• adeechiadeechi Registered Users 7,246 Posts
    Carbonated knows it is basically the end of rr's life. They are spending way too much money to maintain the game and are not receiving any profits. This is either the first stage of the last ditch effort or simply a way to milk players in the little time there is left. Would not be surprised if the game has its plug pulled. I've been calling it for over six months now.
  • PacMan RevisPacMan Revis Registered Users 783 Posts
    Nitto 1320, nitto legends......racing rivals.........

• Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    You guys probably wont like what im saying. However one needs to keep in mind this is a business. Im not aware of their stats but im sure this had been done within reason. (Rather I hope) As much as I dont like it either, it is what it is. Play, dont play, it has always been your choice.

I wish nothing but the best for rivals, as the game can be very enjoyable. This move I feel is to change players behavior. (To what they had intended the game for)

You have to read between the lines. But lets be honest, most of us would still probably soldier on. I would like to make Glu aware though to be careful how far you guys push it. Find the balance.
    If guys will find some another exciting game, carbonated will suck finger.
  • sjap70sjap70 Registered Users 1,646 Posts
    Agree, new points system ssucks, its killing the game!!
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    New point system does need some work but I have found a use for alot of my higher class cars. Now the no 150k tokens is crap and if I decide I want to to a 150k tourney I set and wait 15-20min for it to fill up. Come one need to introduce bots to the tournaments.

With the change of boosts it would make alot more people run with out boosts. I know I have 4000 gems and will not be spending them on boosts.
  • forestgforestg Registered Users 36 Posts
    edited July 2017
    I agree you basically killed this game newbies can't compete can't build garages there hands are tied. This game is rated for 5+ in age. You cut your food source off. Carbonated need's to rethink this decision
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    Let's just wait and see to what will happen to the turf war prizes. Il bet they remove the 150k cash prize for finishing t3000. I'll be my balls that they are viewing such cash prizes as too much for finishing so low in the standings. !!.. Am already envisaging the top man's comment that it's not fair on top 5 teams that 150k are given to the low nobodies. This game will turn to be one for those who don't have a life !
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    edited July 2017
    I am really trying to stay positive. I was able to be self sustaining through showdown gems. We will see how the turf prize bracket goes. Otherwise I will try it "no boost" for a while, see if that movement increases in legitimacy. Worse case I sell stuff and buy a Nintendo or something.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Check out Race Kings. Top of the line graphics, clean UI, Optimized gameplay, no glitchers or hackers yet, teams and pinks are on the horizon the devs say. It even goes head to head with CSR2. That and CSR2 is dominating every other game out imo. You for should try it......
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    Csr2 suucks.. way to many hackers. Might look into Race Kings though
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
    7k showdown points gets you 1100th place. 2 bronze crates, 3 performance crates and 15k rrc? GTFO with all that BS....
    Some of carbonate team read it? And can give reasonable answer? No reason to run in showdown, unless you want to run for pinks without worrying about lobby jumpers. Those prizes are crap. Wake up, developers, before it's not too late
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I would have to say I agree the end is near. I am seeing the same things happening that I saw in BB2 in the months leading up to me quitting. Then a month after I quit the entire company Dena shut up shop. And there was p2p I know that spent 65K on that game.
  • 1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts

IGN : 1320killer
    I have long been hoping they sweeten the turf prize bracket up for teams in the 150-300 positions.
    The showdown updates show we could lose gems in turf too. That would be very disappointing.
    I hope they know what they are doing.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @SWEETRIDE95

They want to strip the game of what is free. Why give it for free when you can buy ?.. They will most probably reduce the 150k cash prize given for top3000. I would expect that prizes for low positions to be a pittance. They are revamping the proceeds of everything...tourneys...showdown..and soon turf. What is a fact is that they are saving up some 300,000 gems on a daily basis in showdown now. Their reasoning is ...If you want goodies open your wallet and pay for gems. The party is over.

@SWEETRIDE95

They want to strip the game of what is free. Why give it for free when you can buy ?.. They will most probably reduce the 150k cash prize given for top3000. I would expect that prizes for low positions to be a pittance. They are revamping the proceeds of everything...tourneys...showdown..and soon turf. What is a fact is that they are saving up some 300,000 gems on a daily basis in showdown now. Their reasoning is ...If you want goodies open your wallet and pay for gems. The party is over.

Yeah, it makes sense. I guess I'm entering the first stage of a breakup where there's a lot of denial.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    So many motherfuckin things from 6.0 are still lingering that this game was already a shit hole. Now they messing crap up even more