Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Cheating in turf

[RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
Turf wars is a competition to see what happens when the best racers and best teams come together and race legit.

Teams/players that participate in unethical methods such as feeding to gain the upper hand against legit racers will lose their points.

Now that the unethical players have lost their points and standing, may the best legit team rise to the top!
Prev1

Comments

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Well done.... Sent a very clear message, race legit or GTFO!!!!
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    I couldn't turf this week. Did those that got caught cheating just get their pts stripped? Or did the team lose them also?
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • PacMan RevisPacMan Revis Registered Users 783 Posts
    Teams that got caught cheating were like

• greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited July 2017
    A big thumbs up to carbonated and most definately @[rr]prodigal grim YOU ARE THE MAN !

Now. I'm a man of questions. That said I don't want to sound contradictive of such actions but questions need to be asked.

I was of the understanding that such practices were not breaching any rules. So why now ? What happened ? A couple of months back there was an autocrashing turf session galore. Why was this allowed and similar actions were not taken ?

When I heard the news I went online to check standings but to my surprise nothing seemed to have change. Why were the final standings unaltered ? I heard that only two of the top20 teams were legit.

Something which is besides the point here but I wanted to ask. Why is it that by default only t25 teams are listed in the standings ? Can the t100 be all listed ? As things stand, teams which want to try their luck dont know what points are required. If t100 teams are listed than points required to make it to t100 will be known. Thanks and keep it up.
  • PacMan RevisPacMan Revis Registered Users 783 Posts
    edited July 2017
    @greenstaged they stated they were going to list all teams standings and leave them up until the next turf began but its not a top priority right now. They said that in their latest twitch stream.

• [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

I couldn't turf this week. Did those that got caught cheating just get their pts stripped? Or did the team lose them also?

Players that got caught were stripped, not their entire teams. It wouldn't be fair to punish 18 racers for the actions of 2 if they didn't know it was going on. The only exception to that was LOW UP. The team was flaunting it. Their team knew it was going on and the didn't do anything to stop it. They endorsed it. So LOW UP lost all their points as a team.
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

A big thumbs up to carbonated and most definately @[rr]prodigal grim YOU ARE THE MAN !

Thanks much!

I was of the understanding that such practices were not breaching any rules. So why now ? What happened ? A couple of months back there was an autocrashing turf session galore. Why was this allowed and similar actions were not taken ?

Since Carbonated took over, we've looked at the state of the game and looked at many other games as well. What has been going on in Racing Rivals with turf isn't what we wanted. Never in regards to turf was there ever a public stance taken. We redesigned turf points to make it more fair to the player and encourage racers to use various cars rather than just 1 or 2. There are over 300 cars in the game and yet players had consolidated the game to only SVTs and Civic Si while the game is so much more than 2 cars. We implemented penalties for unethical game play and took this as an opportunity to make it very clear that the cheating would not continue.

When I heard the news I went online to check standings but to my surprise nothing seemed to have change. Why were the final standings unaltered ? I heard that only two of the top20 teams were legit.

Only 1 team was stripped of all points. Of the teams that got hit only had 1 or 2 players. Some teams dropped over 60 places from it. Several teams in the top 25 actually jumped all the way up to top 10. I tracked the results before and after the crackdown to see how much it changed things, but I can't release that publicly.

Something which is besides the point here but I wanted to ask. Why is it that by default only t25 teams are listed in the standings ? Can the t100 be all listed ? As things stand, teams which want to try their luck dont know what points are required. If t100 teams are listed than points required to make it to t100 will be known.

I'll keep that in mind for later :)
  • kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    Grim what's this ya doing banning mil sellers? Are ya retarded? Are ya really trying to kill the game? Ya do realize once the mil sellers are gone so many players will quit killing the game.. Ya change the point system so that higher expensive cars get most points n now ya trying to take away the mil market? How does this benefit us or you guys at carbonate
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Is my 500m hoard safe? Lol gl finding it

Banning people for mills is crazy. I take well over 100m rrc every week in races. Y'all gonna ban us to?
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @dwdtuning @kraykrayvro guess they want ppl to buy their mils from game for $100.. smh
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
    Only way we will all benefit from this is if they put .50 cent mils in game. There profits will go sky high but lets get real they too stupid to do this instead they ban mil dealers tryna force us to buy from them but in fact it'll just make a shitt ton of legit players quit
    Let’s get bare bones. We were targeting cheaters. Even though the black market isn’t supported, we’re not targeting those that partake. Cheating will not be condoned, period. Over my years of being a part of the community, I have seen the positivity and strength it creates. Those that seek to take away from the community will be met with swift action. Keep it legit and win legit!
  • ninjaashpaltninjaashpalt Registered Users 4,903 Posts
    @d>; @kraykrayvro said:
    > Only way we will all benefit from this is if they put .50 cent mils in game. There profits will go sky high but lets get real they too stupid to do this instead they ban mil dealers tryna force us to buy from them but in fact it'll just make a shitt ton of legit players quit

If they sold at 65 a mil ild buy . But that would hurt noobs in campaign

@d> @kraykrayvro said:

> Only way we will all benefit from this is if they put .50 cent mils in game. There profits will go sky high but lets get real they too stupid to do this instead they ban mil dealers tryna force us to buy from them but in fact it'll just make a shitt ton of legit players quit

If they sold at 65 a mil ild buy . But that would hurt noobs in campaign

Did you even read my statement? The very people that are selling you mills were the same people selling your competitors in turf wins and taking away from your chance to win turf war.
  • Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
    But it works both ways the only reason people can afford tune cars is cause they get mills cheap . If the mill where even $5 people would buy them but $100 doesn't even max a R2 car .
    Boffz79 said:

But it works both ways the only reason people can afford tune cars is cause they get mills cheap . If the mill where even $5 people would buy them but $100 doesn't even max a R2 car .

If they weren't cheating the other players from winning turf, they wouldn't have been banned.
  • Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
    Yes but those guys where banned for self crushing for points the legit people are using it to tune there cars to race legit
  • DuceReeDuceRee Registered Users 13,675 Posts
    I get where you are coming from grim but this argument can go both ways tbh
    Lol "take my chances away"... Been t100 player for years. Some t25.. Mil dealers set a fair playing field. They make it possible for everyone to buy expensive cars and all the tuning we do to prepare for turf. Take them away and ya ruin the game. Ya think people would constantly play if mils were higher than today's market? If ya do wanna even the chances for everyone and change the in game money. .50 cent rate each mil and bundles. And I guarantee ya will watch profits sky high. Imagine how much ya would gain a week
  • ninjaashpaltninjaashpalt Registered Users 4,903 Posts
    > @[RR] Prodigal Grim said:
    > @d>; @kraykrayvro said:
    >
    > > Only way we will all benefit from this is if they put .50 cent mils in game. There profits will go sky high but lets get real they too stupid to do this instead they ban mil dealers tryna force us to buy from them but in fact it'll just make a shitt ton of legit players quit
    >
    >
    >
    > If they sold at 65 a mil ild buy . But that would hurt noobs in campaign
    >
    > Did you even read my statement? The very people that are selling you mills were the same people selling your competitors in turf wins and taking away from your chance to win turf war.

Getting butthurt? / they aren't taking my chances away. They are making my chances. What do you want me to do farm campaign all day then afford to build 2 svt cobras? Or with this new stupidnpounts make 1k or not afford to make any more? These new points are demanding more mils . More expensive cars . Go ahead and say the mils would higher prices. You can buy cars in showroom r2
    Im curious why they decided to punish self crushers this week but allowed a self crush war between drama and nexus a lil while ago. A self crush battle that everyone knew about days in advance. Why the double standard? (I know this happened before you joined carbonated Daniel so I'm not taking jabs at you) just curious.
    And don't get me wrong, I hope they strip all self crushers. SC is one of the most lame practices in turf and takes absolutely no skill to put up points.
    > @C y r u s said:
    > Im curious why they decided to punish self crushers this week but allowed a self crush war between drama and nexus a lil while ago. A self crush battle that everyone knew about days in advance. Why the double standard? (I know this happened before you joined carbonated Daniel so I'm not taking jabs at you) just curious.

Exactly my point here - https://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5384482/number-of-accounts#latest

I'm in favour of such actions however why now and not than ? Don't get new wrong but I ask..why punish them ? They didn't breach any rules, haven't they ?.. and since this punishment came out of the blues ie a punishment for a practice which is deemed to be legit (albeit unethical) what will happen in the future for other practices which are to date considered legitimate ?.. GS, farming , no.of accounts held , etc etc.. Would we be punished without prior notice ?
    C y r u s said:

Im curious why they decided to punish self crushers this week but allowed a self crush war between drama and nexus a lil while ago. A self crush battle that everyone knew about days in advance. Why the double standard? (I know this happened before you joined carbonated Daniel so I'm not taking jabs at you) just curious.

I don't know why nothing was done either. As to why it happened now, that's simple. I said it's not going to happen any more.

> @C y r u s said:

> Im curious why they decided to punish self crushers this week but allowed a self crush war between drama and nexus a lil while ago. A self crush battle that everyone knew about days in advance. Why the double standard? (I know this happened before you joined carbonated Daniel so I'm not taking jabs at you) just curious.

Exactly my point here - https://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5384482/number-of-accounts#latest

I'm in favour of such actions however why now and not than ? Don't get new wrong but I ask..why punish them ? They didn't breach any rules, haven't they ?.. and since this punishment came out of the blues ie a punishment for a practice which is deemed to be legit (albeit unethical) what will happen in the future for other practices which are to date considered legitimate ?.. GS, farming , no.of accounts held , etc etc.. Would we be punished without prior notice ?

We're only going after cheaters.
    @[rr]prodigal grim said were only going after cheaters.

Do you mind define what clasifies as 'cheaters' ?..in my opinion using GS is cheating. I read somewhere that you say it's not. So opinions vary. Hence clarification might be required.
    More teams got hit this week for self crushing. Awesome job Grim. Keep up the good work and keep that message clear, race legit or GTFO!!!
  • tnfordguytnfordguy Registered Users 11 Posts
    Here's a call out for you. Just watched a good friend of mine get his points stripped and he never self crushed or used a feeder. Lost 35k points and his t100 claim. And then support won't even give him a reason. Gotta love when y'all get carried away.
  • Garcia619Garcia619 Registered Users 3,111 Posts
    I still agree with what most people above say. If rr were to start selling mills at .65 in game, your profits would skyrocket. There would be no need for anyone to farm mills to sell. People could afford more higher class cars which turf now requires to make high points. It all makes sense. Just do it
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    If RR would start to sell mills for $1 or under I know I would stop spending money on the black market. Come on when you have a mil dealer for example that has said he made $75k just selling mils to people in the game doest that make the Developers think "hey that is 75k that we just lost out on" and that is just one of the many people that sell mils.

Message to the Developers if you have one dealer making $75k just selling mils think of the profit you are losing if that was just ONE person.