Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Re-Revising Showdown Prizes

[RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
edited July 2017 in The Carbonated Garage
First off, thank you for bearing with us while we try new things to improve Rivals. At Carbonated, we're continuously learning about you the player and want to learn more! To recap, we changed Showdown without prior announcement to the new prize structure which drove a LOT of questions. Also, the prizes weren't that great.

So why are the Showdown prizes changing?

In short, the old system rewarded putting forth almost no effort while the upper tiers didn't reward enough. We want players who go hard to get awesome prizes, versus just running a few races and getting a bunch of stuff.

We heard a lot of good ideas and points amidst the clanking of pitchforks. You guys use the gems from Showdown to go ham during Turf. Cool, we can do something about that. We can give you gems AND BOOSTS! Ultimately we're making the tiers more progressive so when you climb, you're rewarded for the climb!

Finally, know that we really do listen to you all. We make the game, but we make it FOR YOU! That being said, you don't have throw pitchforks (ouch!). We're constantly reading the forums and Facebook for input from anyone with an idea, bugs, a potential fix or something we can do better on.

Now onto the new prize pool, which will go live immediately following Turf Wars on Monday (7/31/2017).

NEW PRIZE
TIERS

1st Place
  • 250 Gems
  • $250,000 RRC
  • 50 Boosts
  • 2 Turf War Crate Tokens
  • 4 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
  • 4 Performance Crate Tokens
2nd Place
  • 200 Gems
  • $200,000 RRC
  • 50 Boosts
  • 1 Turf War Crate Tokens
  • 4 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
3rd Place
  • 175 Gems
  • $150,000 RRC
  • 50 Boosts
  • 1 Turf War Crate Tokens
  • 3 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
4th to 5th Place
  • 175 Gems
  • $100,000 RRC
  • 50 Boosts
  • 3 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
6th to 10th Place
  • 150 Gems
  • $100,000 RRC
  • 50 Boosts
  • 3 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
11th to 20th Place
  • 150 Gems
  • $75,000 RRC
  • 50 Boosts
  • 2 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
21st to 40th Place
  • 125 Gems
  • $75,000 RRC
  • 50 Boosts
  • 2 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
41st to 80th Place
  • 125 Gems
  • $50,000 RRC
  • 50 Boosts
  • 1 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
81st to 160th Place
  • 100 Gems
  • $50,000 RRC
  • 50 Boosts
  • 1 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
161st to 320th Place
  • 100 Gems
  • $25,000 RRC
  • 50 Boosts
  • 1 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
321st to 600th Place
  • 60 Gems
  • $25,000 RRC
  • 50 Boosts
  • 1 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
  • 3 Performance Crate Tokens
601st to 1,200th Place
  • 50 Gems
  • $15,000 RRC
  • 45 Boosts
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
1201st to 3,000th Place
  • 40 Gems
  • $12,000 RRC
  • 40 Boosts
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
  • 2 Performance Crate Tokens
3001st to 5,000th Place
  • 30 Gems
  • $10,000 RRC
  • 35 Boosts
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
5001st to 10,000th Place
  • 20 Gems
  • $5,000 RRC
  • 25 Boosts
  • 1 Bronze Crate Tokens
  • 1 Performance Crate Tokens

OLD PRIZE
TIERS

1st to 75th Place
  • 1 Gold Crate Token
  • 2 Silver Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
76th to 225th Place
  • 1 Silver Crate Tokens
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
226th to 750th Place
  • 1 Silver Crate Tokens
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
751st to 1,500th Place
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
1,501st to 3,750th Place
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
3,751st to 6,750th Place
  • 100 Gems
  • 1 Bronze Crate Tokens
6,751st to 10,500th Place
  • 80 Gems

Comments

• CoorzmanCoorzman Registered Users 54 Posts
    Good adjustment!
    IGN is G Bubs
    Co Leader of F U K A Turfcar
  • PacMan RevisPacMan Revis Registered Users 783 Posts
    Hmmmmmmm.......

• KevoKevo Registered Users 30 Posts
    Good adjustment Daniel
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    This is an awesome adjustment.
  • alysia28alysia28 Registered Users 51 Posts
    Glad it was changed because I was about to give my team to my boyfriend because everything that's been going on I've been slowly losing interest in a game I once loved.
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Fyi.... Your rrc gifts are a joke in these prizes. Might as well just eliminate them all together.
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • rubenmaravalhasrubenmaravalhas Registered Users 1 Posts
    edited July 2017
    This game can get more bad every adjustment?? If this game no get it better in this prizes and on multiplayer lobbys i will quit soon but this time for good
  • babyboy222babyboy222 Registered Users 3 Posts
    edited July 2017
    I been racing on here for 4 years and y'all continue too mess up the game the prizes on lower tiers still suck I will be quitting this game real soon....
  • rolocastrorolocastro Registered Users 62 Posts
    Not so good, not so bad but will work!
  • FROOTIEFROOTIE Registered Users 57 Posts
    Good compromise and tier rewards are more progressive.
  • FROOTIEFROOTIE Registered Users 57 Posts
    Hoping that turf war changes address the 625 to 100 rank gap. Needs to be some tiers in there as well. Huge amount of effort difference between 625 and 101. Need to provide some additional incentive along the way for teams pushing for Top 100.
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    alysia28 said:

Glad it was changed because I was about to give my team to my boyfriend because everything that's been going on I've been slowly losing interest in a game I once loved.

We're glad your hanging around. We're new, we're learning. Almost nothing is set in stone. When something doesn't work, we aim to fix it.
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    FROOTIE said:

Hoping that turf war changes address the 625 to 100 rank gap. Needs to be some tiers in there as well. Huge amount of effort difference between 625 and 101. Need to provide some additional incentive along the way for teams pushing for Top 100.

They will when we get there.
    FROOTIE said:

right now that 101-625 group is terrible. There are a ton of teams that try for top 100 and don't make it, yet they're bundled in there with the teams that do bare minimum to get there and get the same thing. Definitely needs some diversity.
  • adeechiadeechi Registered Users 7,246 Posts
    This is actually a great adjustment. In my opinion it's actually a bit too generous on the gem side. But thank you very much nonetheless.
  • TWINK3PTOTWINK3PTO Registered Users 5,848 Posts
    edited July 2017
    I must say, Daniel, not sure if you've heard all of the criticism on social media regarding the Showdown rewards. I try to keep it sensible when I tag you, but I must agree with @adeechi it is generous with the gems, but if it makes sense to the community, keep it up. I, for one, like the improvement in Showdown structure "@[RR]ProdigalGrim"
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    edited July 2017
    New prize structure is very good. Now there is reason to showdown harder everyday. Boosts are a nice addition to the prize bracket.
    Good job guys.
  • DoctorDaddyDoctorDaddy Registered Users 7 Posts
    Leave this exactly how it is

Its perfect
  • rolocastrorolocastro Registered Users 62 Posts

FROOTIE said:

right now that 101-625 group is terrible. There are a ton of teams that try for top 100 and don't make it, yet they're bundled in there with the teams that do bare minimum to get there and get the same thing. Definitely needs some diversity.
    Not only 101-625 group how about 625-2000???
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I agree a much better improvement and I believe it is better than the orginal tier before the change.

@babyboy222 @rubenmaravalhas here is some advice and it will also help with everyday life. Instead of just saying something sucks or is bad why not explain why it sucks or is bad? Then give some input on what would make it better. If you do not have ideas on what would make it better please just shut the F up.
  • RichieGeeRichieGee Registered Users 5 Posts
    Some nice changes, and time will tell on how well it works for the community.
    I've been playing this game for 4 years and over that time things have change with life and commitments so don't have the time to race like before, but race at a different level now for fun. I still want to be rewarded for what time I do put in and also appreciate that those racers that race hard also need to be rewarded accordingly too!
    Lets hope this new prize tier can please everyone!