Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

New Turf Point System

13Next

Comments

• kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    I totally agree with @dwdtuning its complete and utter shitt. Why tf should we get points striped cos other player doesn't know how to launch. Idk why ya even added that feature to the point system. Ya tweaking shitt without actually playing in turf and seeing what ya fck ups are. After one player fouls the system fuckss up and sees everyone as same opponent. After 2 fouls everything goes to shitt. Then ya wanna act like ya taking our input into consideration. Ya are slowly killing this game. Congrats when ya reach the point of all legit players leaving cos tired of ya bullshitt
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    dwdtuning said:

@[rr]prodigal grim

That's small pain for me is y'all stealing my points for them fouling.

How can them fouling cost me? I did nothing wrong. Absolutely nothing wrong but play your game. And you gonna take away my points cause another player fouled? The bull shyt at it's finest.

No one wants points because they fouled. But to steal ours cause they did. That's bull shyt. Take their points no mine. Not my fault they can't tap buttons correctly.

In regards to point reduction for fouls... It's a small pain for the legit players and a big pain for those that would try to abuse the system. We looked at various alternatives and while not the prettiest, it does the best job at protecting players and ensuring fair play.
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

I totally agree with @dwdtuning its complete and utter shitt. Why tf should we get points striped cos other player doesn't know how to launch. Idk why ya even added that feature to the point system. Ya tweaking shitt without actually playing in turf and seeing what ya fck ups are. After one player fouls the system fuckss up and sees everyone as same opponent. After 2 fouls everything goes to shitt. Then ya wanna act like ya taking our input into consideration. Ya are slowly killing this game. Congrats when ya reach the point of all legit players leaving cos tired of ya bullshitt

We're are tweaking stuff because we know some things can be done better. In regards to taking input...The final showdown prize pool was made based around all your inputs. I played this game for several years before becoming the community manager. I ran in top 100 to top 5 teams every week. I can see how some of the safeguards can be cumbersome but this is the first time in Rivals history that the dev's actively looked into protecting the players. Cie and Glu both tried to stop the hacks as they popped up, but Carbonated has gone a step further by protecting players from unfair point advantages and even stripping points from cheaters.
  • Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
    For what it's worth I like the new points the fouls are a pain but at the end of the day it makes it harder to cheat and I'm willing to take a few points loss to have a fair turf wars . Over a weekend maybe get 10 fouls wins so doesn't mak that much of a difference
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    I have noticed that everytime they fould I get the foul point deduction AND the "same opponent" deduction. Why is that? Even if it is not a player I raced before
  • kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    Ya doing a 50/50 job. Great is some area and shittty in other. Ya say ya take our input into consideration yet give shittty prizes and don't fix what needs fixing. SMFH. Tighten up. Take away points from those who foul not the ones who had nothing to do with why the other person fouled. Why punish those who did nothing wrong. After one person fouls the points go to shitt. They don't reset.. Nos button is still a problem. Light lagging is still a problem and also many races end in dnf and race didn't even take place
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts

Wtf are ya doing with this new point system? Shitt is horrible. Do ya just sit around and think of ways of fckn game up more? There was nothing wrong with the old system. Quit tryna fix shitt that doesn't need fixing

Everything has changed so much that the game is no longer fun to play. Sad...so sad...
  • WobbleFoot313WobbleFoot313 Registered Users 12 Posts
    I dig the changes for the most part. The only gripe I continue to have that bugs me the most is part of the tuning. I just tunes a car and it registers as 1649. I closed the game and reopened it just to make sure it was really a 1649. When I entered the showdown lobby, it was he 1656. I spend money on gems to speed up the install process, I don't want to spend more to go back a stage in parts because the lobby rating isn't accurate. And thoughts on this?
  • saucesanchezsaucesanchez Registered Users 11 Posts
    wtf can yall stop **** with the point its not that hard.stop giving all point to max roms it doesnt take a guniuss to max a car should get at least half of the bigger lobbies. this sucks make no one want to race the daily drivers again. just r class and up.....bullshiittt
    Also Carb, I have not been recieving my claim crates for some days now just from showdown i get them. whats the deal with that?

why should my point be cut in half if i didnt foul. should get the max points, not my fault the person fouled.

why should my point be cut in half if i didnt foul. should get the max points, not my fault the person fouled.

on what IGN and what day?
  • Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
    The points system is fine now I hated having to drive in slow ass lobby and build all week to crush crap cars @saucesanchez . I don't have time too tune all week and waste my rrc to be competitive
    [RR] Prodigal Grim Junior Member Posts: 176Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators, Channel Moderator
    August 4
    saucesanchez said:

on what IGN and what day?

saucesanchez
    Boffz79 Junior Member Posts: 670Registered Users
    August 4
    The points system is fine now I hated having to drive in slow **** lobby and build all week to crush crap cars @saucesanchez . I don't have time too tune all week and waste my rrc to be competitive

wtf...that makes no sense why race then find somethingelse to do. smh...well i like competition so i race in different classes.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @[rr]prodigal grim why in the last turf - last event - Honda b class - max points was so mediocre? 195 wass the most I was getting !!.. Unless I'm missing something Max lobby for such event was the 63. With the reasoning and mechanism placed on the new points system I was convinced that a maximum of 800/900 points should have been given. I recall perfectly that it was mentioned that such points will be given for a d class event...why not this ??

@[rr]prodigal grim why in the last turf - last event - Honda b class - max points was so mediocre? 195 wass the most I was getting !!.. Unless I'm missing something Max lobby for such event was the 63. With the reasoning and mechanism placed on the new points system I was convinced that a maximum of 800/900 points should have been given. I recall perfectly that it was mentioned that such points will be given for a d class event...why not this ??

The points scale based on all 3 events. Since there wasn't a lot of high end cars available and the highest crush was basically a B class car. So when the points were scaled, they were scaled against the other low point events.

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    @greenstaged you see when factoring in the new points scale you gotta take into account the math that goes into it. First you have to add the rrc value of the car then divide that by the gem cost of said car. Multiply that by the horsepower on the car then remove the last number in the equation. After that you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around then add in a knick knack patty whack and that's how you come up with the 195 points in the 63 lobby. Make sense now? Lmao
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    @C y r u s

Agree. It's BS
  • CHUNTNESSCHUNTNESS Registered Users 3,891 Posts
    @C y r u s that made my laugh so hard I spit out my coffee. Now I'm not sure if I should keep laughing or be upset I wasted some coffee.