Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

The End is Near

Comments

• forestgforestg Registered Users 36 Posts
    Yeah I'm done. Shame and why hasn't carbonated commented yet ?
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited July 2017
    > @forestg said:
    > Yeah I'm done. Shame and why hasn't carbonated commented yet ?

Well..I guess it's a take it or leave it scenario. Have you ever heard the saying...baggers cannot be choosers ?.. Unfortunately it's reality. They decide. It's their business after all.
    Yeah I've been playing this game two years building a great team I'm a daily player run every turf. And yes I do spend money on this game but what there pulling in showdown is appalling. We use showdown to build for turf every week. And they took it away. Now u have no choice u must p2p
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited July 2017
    Seems like 90% of the people I talk to aren't gonna run anymore. 5 guys from my team, myself included, quit and won't run while things are this jacked up. What if 5 guys from every team quit? That's a huge blow to turf and showdown. What we thought was a lot of good coming out of Carbonated and the latest player council, turns out to be the exact opposite of what this game needs. Adjusted the points system, payouts etc... stripping points from self crushers (not a bad idea) but when legit racers get stripped, it's going too far. New content, new crates etc but main things with the game like the chat that's been broken for over a year, updates that do more harm than good and so on, it's becoming too much to deal with. A kick to the teeth is how I see it and maybe, just maybe, Carbonated decided to listen to the wrong people when discussing change. The new payout caters to a few and screws so many others. Cater to the elite and stick it to the vast majority.
    You made a good point cyrus crates are changing so fast there not enough time to collect all and once again what do wehave to do? Buy gems to finish out our prints. Hasn't anyone else noticed this?
  • nejaukslvnejaukslv Registered Users 13 Posts
    Before last turf I sold bunch of unfinished bp. But ok, crates are not so important to me. What you can do with crates cars, if you don't have rrc? For me most legal way to earn rrc was tournament. 150k tournament. It was first, what they cut off. Covered fighting with scammers and cheaters. Bulllshitt!!! Everyone, who build cars, knows, how much rrc need to build. For me million rrc in real money costs around 100 euro. I can buy stock m3 gt2 for it. Or maybe build 6 d class cars. Since they remove tournament, I said-they push us to spend real money... so, what's next...
  • Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
    At the end of the day everyone that says they are quiting probably isn't spending money so the either way the game is going to die . I started almost at the start . There was no way of getting gems then . I used to play and grind out 25k over 4 days mainly unboosted . I would save whatever boost I had 4 cars I knew scored me the most . So to everyone that's leaving leave and let the people that want to play play cause this is a free game probably the best game I have ever played and the only way it survives is if people spend real money and from my points of view the game was way too easy . Showdowns one race 80 gems for free. Tournament 150k for free. Turf 2k points free crates free gems for scoring nothing don't even need too boost . And then free performance crates can save them up and build cars that cost gems for free. So as you can see this game was never easier . Back in the day there was none of this . Cheers and good luck
    Open your eyes, buddy. Most of things you wrote, is cut off now. I want to see, what will happen in few weeks. I will laugh, if there will be "positive thinking , money spending" t 25 teams. No idea about rewards for turf, but it seems like newbies are not welcomed
    My eyes are open it's a business no money coming in make it shut anyway . It was too easy everyone could boost cause gems where to easy to access . I think u will find now that more people will just race unboosted the ones who want to boost will buy gems and the game survives or does it die? At least now I believe it has a chance . The problem is people got too used to getting everthing for free
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    I buy gems and mils. I like to top them up with SD and Tournament. I don't wanna be forced to spend them all on high end cars I'm not very good in and break after 4 runs and take 24 hours to repair.

Sorry. Some of the technical aspects of how the game runs have improved under Carbonate, but seriously, the fun is being removed. I have not played SD this week. Can't be bothered. No Point. I quite t100 team and am just playing gem team. I suspect I may just quite full stop soon.

Thanks for helping me quit my addiction though guys. You probably did me a favour.
    Thanks @BLKSTANG007 I agree with others as well showdown is a downer now they still could of had gems in the prizes maybe 50 in the top 1000 so people have to score something and get reward. I
    Was literally doing one race scoring 100 points and getting 80 gems
    Yeah but the problem is most of these new kids playing game can't get mom or dads credit card. To advance in game sooner than later we're all gonna be racing ourselves over and over again no new competitors. And you all know how that point system works. Last turf I was racing same people from the morning in the afternoon. Now can u imagine what's it's gonna be like in the future if these new players don't have a chance to compete. It was hard when I started out to get to the level I'm racing at now , imagine a new player trying to grow his garage and rrc. To compete with us. Very few
  • Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    @forestg funny you say that. Ive been raising guys 1mil all showdown and turf. Most guys have under 100k in RRC. Only 3/10 had a mil or more
    Exactly now if carbonated doesn't see this as a problem and attempt save there investment. And not just keep there fingers crossed and hope people will spend more $$$ than they already are.
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    @Riyaad01 agreed. Same thing in multi.. not many have a mil. Most have under 25k....
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Grim hasn't been active since this change in showdown... He's also been kicked from a lot of Facebook groups. Lol
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
    They make changes then go into hiding so they don't have to answer for it
    Twitch live is gonna be interesting. These guys are gonna get blasted for the showdown change
  • 2thpic2thpic Registered Users 188 Posts
    My biggest complant is that i cant race in turf or show down with out r.r. cheating me out of points.
    on so many times i race a player for the first time and win, but r.r said i race them once before and it cheats me out of points.
    i quit one of my teams because i will not be doing turf untill they get this fixed. i have sent emails to r.r. thru game play and thru here.
    got tones of screen shots and vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ORpe8FkTTo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcNZ4yTl84

Damm, what are you crying for??? Just open eyes, buddy, your opponent foul. And they give low points for win in this way. I can agree with it particularly. They fighting with self crushers, so it's ok
  • 2thpic2thpic Registered Users 188 Posts
    thats just the ones that i have recorded but many that i won with out foul it still gave me low points. buddy

• FATBOBMXFATBOBMX Registered Users 186 Posts
    RR can't even get more than 60 folks to complain about the lame turf car on Facebook any more. Sad to watch a game that I enjoyed a lot die on the vine like this. I haven't missed it all that much though. I hope Carbonated can reinvigorate the pop the game once had before it's too late, but the recent decisions make me question whether they aren't just hitting the community up for some last ditch revenue before shutting it down.
    Wow next weekends events are a joke. Seems like this game just gets worse and worse with every decision. Latest decision making leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe Carbonated needs to revamp there staff cause their current roster is failing badly. 1 step forward and 3 steps back with every new idea. Smh!!! Absolutely pathetic job guys. I can honestly say, if I did my job the way these guys do their's, I'd get fired.
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    This week turf seems to be a wrap up of the Civir type R celebration. The events are not popular, but we all race the same events.
    ANY, Turbo, & RWD turfs are getting old man. Just try and have some fun, be a little under-prepared like the good old days.
    We may need to adjust our minimums this week. No one's dying.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

This week turf seems to be a wrap up of the Civir type R celebration. The events are not popular, but we all race the same events.
    ANY, Turbo, & RWD turfs are getting old man. Just try and have some fun, be a little under-prepared like the good old days.
    We may need to adjust our minimums this week. No one's dying.

C'mon now - you can't have that kind of positive attitude. It has to be "what? They are doing something outside of the norm? Oh no - the sky is falling!!! Sell your garages!!!"

No one likes change. The game, as it was, had gotten stale - Carbonated is shaking things up - drastically. More "shaking" is coming I'm sure. Best bet is to just roll with it. The mechanics of the game (line up, time the launch, tap the shift, hope you win) hasn't changed. When they change that aspect of the game, if they ever do, then it'll get real interesting.
    @Roush Sport I hate jdm... But I will say Thank You for the change up in events.. long over due.. will I turf this weekend?..... No, lol but I'll be looking forward to more events that are different than thw same old same old we've been getting. So cudos to Carbonated for changing things up...
  • RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts

The mechanics of the game (line up, time the launch, tap the shift, hope you win) hasn't changed. When they change that aspect of the game, if they ever do, then it'll get real interesting.

I would like a handbrake button to do burnouts on the start line with tyre temperature becoming a factor in launch
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

The mechanics of the game (line up, time the launch, tap the shift, hope you win) hasn't changed. When they change that aspect of the game, if they ever do, then it'll get real interesting.

I would like a handbrake button to do burnouts on the start line with tyre temperature becoming a factor in launch
    On the street - tire temperature isn't as much as a crucial factor as you might think. On the strip (a properly prepped strip, that is), it's right at the top of the list of "crucial factors that dictate a good launch".

That, and if you aren't using drag radials - heating up your average "street" tire is counter productive.
    Heat in a street tire is your enemy.. if youre on street tires at the track, skip the bleach box and just spin the tire once or twice to clean and debris from them.. street tires get greasy when they get hot.. I love seeing my opponent do a big burn out on street tires when I take my firebird to the track.. lol