Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

The End is Near

Comments

• RogerTheTodgerRogerTheTodger Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 152 Posts
    I think we can safely say the game is not a simulation of drag racing, so even though the tracks are street tracks, it might make an interesting addition to launch. Or maybe add proper drag strips where it comes into play. Maybe a whole new class of car on which to run drag tracks - actual drag cars.
  • Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    How about, aside from the normal lobbies we have a choice of drag track not street. Like nitto legends had similar. That way we can do burnout (for heat) and have a tree that functions like real one. Not a 1 2 3 go light. Like a stage light then go if you remember what added to nitto legends.

I will make pinks more unpredictable
  • DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Bump
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Just stupid... All the changes lately are just so stupid and it's taken tuning completely out of the game. Just max everything cause any tuned car in the game is pretty much useless in turf. Those making decisions should be taken outside and beaten.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited August 2017
    > @C y r u s said:
    > Just stupid... All the changes lately are just so stupid and it's taken tuning completely out of the game. Just max everything cause any tuned car in the game is pretty much useless in turf. Those making decisions should be taken outside and beaten.

It's part of a much larger scheme being concocted by GLU - CARBONATED. They are trying to manipulate the BM price for rrc. Once rrc gets too expensive to buy only the few would afford to max their cars. Tuning for different lobbies would become once again the norm. S cars would be too damn expensive to upgrade let alone R+ classes. It would become as the game was always intended to be. You want rrc ??.. Get it from the in-game store.

I always said it and now am convinced...to win in this game you will need to spend cash.!!!! Period. Those who afford to spend big - hence upgrading those cars which return best points- will be the ones at the top of the food chain. Trust me on this...turf will change. Those ridiculous points will dwindle down to below a mill...many will quit or will accept lower rankings. It's all a chain reaction. You've got a head to think... What will happen if rrc from bm is unavailable or expensive at the very least ?.. Complete monopoly on rrc by GLU. A domino effect is on the way !
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Holy crap @greenstaged made more sense than half the crap on the forums. They said the RRC market would be changing at a later time but I think they could be changing things and making preliminary changes to do just that. As for the Monopoly, it's possible. But I doubt they'll keep mill prices the same. They'll make it more accessible but not too accessible like it is on the black market
    edited August 2017
    > @BlitzChaos said:
    > Holy crap @greenstaged made more sense than half the crap on the forums. They said the RRC market would be changing at a later time but I think they could be changing things and making preliminary changes to do just that. As for the Monopoly, it's possible. But I doubt they'll keep mill prices the same. They'll make it more accessible but not too accessible like it is on the black market

@BlitzChaos

1 - The very first step was the removal of rrc prizes in the campaign when starting afresh the game...it's no secret that it was an easy way to farm for rrc....

2 - removal of free vouchers for the 150k tourneys. many got mills on a daily basis easily. Imagine those Indonesians who had 50+ accounts. Lol

3 - sale value for the perf crates glow wheels was changed from 60k to 5k.

4 - free cars given are non pinkable...if you happen to own a dozen accounts than you cannot sell the dozen free cars

5 - removing of 150k prize from t3000 turf prize structure. Again...imagine those asians which have 50+ accounts !!!...

The above measures were taken to purge the game from the easily available rrc. The source of BM rrc is the same game and obviously the ease to get it helps. With that gone, RRC from BM is next to impossible to generate. Once the current supply of rrc ( from bm) ends prices for rrc would start going up !!

Glu is being smart. They just dropped a small ball at the top of a snowy mountain. Out started rolling...it will grow and eventually there will be an avalanche. Cut the supply...if you want rrc go to the in-game store. I'm sure they will slash prices but I'll bet my gemlets that it won't be by much. !!! ..complete Monopoly on rrc.

Now. The Domino effect.

What are the repercussions ??...

Easy... Prices for rrc will be sky high.
    To max a car will be expensive.
    Which means...less pinks...
    Which also means... Less turf points
    Which also means...many will quit
    Which also means ...change in top100 teams..
    Which also means...value of current turf cars 500k ? Lol... Is that 40bucks in the current rrc in game price ??..

It's a ripple effect...

The game will eventually turn out to be as it was always intended...get gems from the game...get rrc from the game...

Check this link... Look how many rrc are cut out of the game - https://forums.racingrivals.com/rivals/discussion/5385421/prices-to-buy-cash-in-game-should-change#latest
    edited August 2017
    Its a fairly easy situation. Price of RRC from game might even go up. All they do is as you guys and mentioned make mils harder to obtain. Flood in cars making more options available and the price therefore lower. (Supply and demand) This means that a 5mil car is for example now 1mil. T100 cars will go from a avg of 20 mil to maybe 10mil. This will influence the black markets ability to get mils, forcing them to stop selling or push up their price.

If the game waits for the right moment and does the right calculation this is where they can knock the black market off.

Having said this, there is nothing wrong with their plan. Change is good embrace it. Its only a game after all.

@greenstaged have to disagree with the cash spending statement. I haven't spent a dime besides data usage and my garage is pretty good. Will just take little longer to get far in the game.
    @Riyaad01 we are on the same overall wavelength here. We agree that there will be change . change is good to a certain extent. If prices for rrc go up it's not a good change and you have to agree. Prices for cars will change as you rightly so mentioned. Prices will be directly dependant on rrc value. As things stand..1mill costs 90euros from game...approx 90$. How much would turf cars cost taking this into perspective....all this is besides the point though. Mine is that removing rrc from bm will have an overall dire effect on the game as we know it.

Now back to the cash spending.

Let me ask you a question and be frank about the answer... Are you good at the game ?.. rrc obtained by you during racing is due to the fact that it was cheap and always available. Since it was always available and cheap from the bm most of us don't give a shiit of lose a couple of mills. When rrc will get more expensive racers will think twice to wage rrc...if this happens I'm afraid that many would reason things out differently. It won't take Longer...it would take decades.

That said...this is all speculation. Only time will tell. We take it as it comes. This is just a game after all.
    edited August 2017
    @greenstaged id like to think im pretty good. To add my technical know how and excellent math helps me too. Im very good at working my odds out. This is also cause I know the game so well and cars. Ive won most my mils with slower cars. Example I would race s class (Me) vs r or r2 (them) they would raise mils and i would follow with pinks (In lobbies not maxed). I do this knowing their car is faster however mine is far easier to drive and achieve the expected times.

You are completely right. I use to make 25-35 mil over one turf even. Now days im pushing 10mil maybe. Their will always be those greedy guys around thou lol. I make my living off them
    edited August 2017
    Everything pointing to the same direction...the outcome is now unavoidable...Let me be clear on this....

The BM (rrc) is doomed.
    New update includes a revamped tutorial. Cars on tutorial are not pinkable. No more rrc farming guys. Get used to it. You want rrc....buy it from the game !!...

Now all preliminary measures had been taken care of. Time will be the next factor...rrc will get depleted from the BM in the coming weeks / 2 months the utmost..

PLENTY OF THINGS WILL CHANGE
    It is cast in stone.

- Many will quit...top1-100 teams will change in due time. Lack of rrc will purge the game of the old racers ...those who don't like changes will leave.
    -Turf racing points will get back to the norm...below a million.
    - changes are good. Price for rrc (if there will be a change ie) will determine many things in the game.!.. Lol.. A top notch turf car might 'only' cost 200k if current price for rrc stats the same.
    - GET USED TO THESE CHANGES. BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS. THE BM AS WE KNOW IT WILL BE GONE.
    - next on line should be New rrc pricing. This Will happen when rrc from bm depletes. There again Price for rrc can remain the same or even go up. Its glu's decision.
    - pinking will become a rare thing. waging high rrc even more so.
    - this is a big positive to the overall game. All will be competing on the same levels/grounds. T5 teams wont be able to buy cars (from bm) for the scope of pinks.
    - car builders will also close shop.

This is the truth and Thats what will happen.
    Are you all glad Daniel is part of the team now? Are you all glad that a true "racer" is helping make decisions? I sure as hell am not!!! Every decision has lead from bad to worse and these morons can't seem to figure that out. Very hard to see beyond the greed with the way things are being run now. It's just so pathetic!!!!
    @c y r u s. What decisions you referring to ? The same I've been preaching about for a month or so ? Who are the morons which can't figure out shit.?.. And are you attributing greed to GLU or to the low IQ 'morons' ?
  • SM4CKSM4CK Registered Users 62 Posts
    I was ok until they messed with the launch and shift with update 6.4. I can't understand why it is not just simple and clear.
    I joined the forum because of this and have learned a lot.
    Unfortunately, it appears the new agenda sacrifices some of the current player base in order to generate a new more profitable one. TYPICAL
    Farewell my friends! It was a fun ride!
  • BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
    Well the affect on black market is this. That car that sells for 8$ pp or 16m. Will evetually become 40-45$ pp only
  • FORREST FORREST GULPFORREST FORREST GULP Registered Users 12,751 Posts
    Cash price won't go up. Rrc price will go down because they'll be $15 a mil again
  • Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
    Yes like the old days @FORREST FORREST GULP cars like the Rotana was a $15 car which I could buy for 1 mill
  • FORREST FORREST GULPFORREST FORREST GULP Registered Users 12,751 Posts
    Yessir @Boffz79
    edited August 2017
    > @FORREST FORREST GULP said:
    > Cash price won't go up. Rrc price will go down because they'll be $15 a mil again

@FORREST FORREST GULP

Inside info ?
    Much better than the 90bucks a mill but Definately not better than the 60c we are used to. Good bye to the old times. Welcome to the new rr era.

Any one cares to think and list possible repercussions to the spike increase in mill price ? Bm is doomed so don't bother mention it. Rrc from the game only. Those who have piled up a vast number of rrc can sell for5-10 bucks a mill (taking into consideration the 15$/mill in game price mentioned here) now but Will eventually run out. So only source is the game.

Its gonna be an extremely expensive game to play. No one obliges anyone to buy rrc but there again the measures taken by glu to eradicate the bm albeit to safeguard the same game will eventually back fire. Can't say what Will happen...

Turf Will not be the same.
    Points Will diminish
    Pinks Will become a rare thing. Who in the right frame of mind would pink r+ maxed class cars ? When it costs you an arm and a leg to upgrade ?

Price for Turf cars would be benchmarked against Price of the in game mill price. So a mill can land you a top 25 car ? Lol.. Is it 15bucks they are going for ? And there again...what can one do with a mill ?#?.. Its nothing in the game.
    Whichh there again...I ask...is it worth to sell Turf cars ?

The game is changing...new structure, new restrictions, new rules. Many Will quit !
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    Seeing all the changes lately, I'm sort of glad i left, when the FB app was removed. Because there is nothing left, of the game i loved anymore
    edited August 2017
    @crazyjr

The game is still addictive and nice to play. Obviously when there are updates especially major ones issues are a certainty. That said team carbonated are super and fix at the earliest. They are a small team and don't have testers. I would say that They operate 'agile'. Developers or IT persons should be familiar with the terminology and would understand.

Testing is done automatically or by the same developers and there for its impossible to cover all possible issues which major updates get with them. Hence they use the in game users (us) to conduct testing enmasse and in production.

The only issue there is or rather there will be is that rrc would be only available via in game store. No more BM. Although I understand GLUs necessity to do this I'm extremely pissed that such changes were orchestrated by those same racers who used to play the game. These racers reached the pinnacle of their success by buying rrc from the bm. They could experiment with hundreds of cars and upgrade at will by buying cheap mills from the BM. Now It's like I'm ok fukk you jack way. They forgot their past and how they got successful....all thanks to an infinate supply of rrc. I've been reading that glu will change _price for mills from 90$+ per mill to 'just' 15$. With 15 dollars I used to get 20 mill in the recent past. Now there is or there will be a complete monopoly by GLU.

Well. I'm not that much active so to say the truth I don't really care. That said and although it might sound contradictive im all excited about these changes since there will be plenty of repercussions due to the eradication of the BM. For one I'm convinced that plenty will quit and most of the t100 turf teams will change. The biggest changes in teams will come to the very top 25. Everyone know that they use builders to buy cars from. Now that rrc from BM is dwindling down and from the game It's expensive than this would effect the very core of the game practices.
  • MariosaucedaMariosauceda Registered Users 33 Posts
    Wow no comments from carbonated I guess yawl hit the nail right on the head
    @greenstaged you said it right. Those who got to where they are by exploiting the BM are now the ones who are making decisions to kill it. The backlash and overwhelming hate for these guys is so well deserved and if they aren't careful in their decisions, they will be hitting the unemployment line sooner than later. At $15 a mill, 75%, if not more, will throw up a middle finger at this game and walk away. I will gladly lead that march!
    > @C y r u s said:
    > @greenstaged you said it right. Those who got to where they are by exploiting the BM are now the ones who are making decisions to kill it. The backlash and overwhelming hate for these guys is so well deserved and if they aren't careful in their decisions, they will be hitting the unemployment line sooner than later. At $15 a mill, 75%, if not more, will throw up a middle finger at this game and walk away. I will gladly lead that march!

@c y r u s the thing is that no one from the admin or even @Roush Sport commented on what will happen. They have been present in the summit and know of the plans to shut down rrc dealers. We have been voicing or concerns here but there again no one said anything.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    There's nothing to say really. What you've seen thus far is only the beginning. Sometimes when a house is in bad shape, you have to destroy everything but the foundation before rejuvenating / rebuilding it is even worth the effort.

Stay tuned.
  • SM4CKSM4CK Registered Users 62 Posts
    To obtain maximum profit with the new financial aquisition: disregard current occupants, tear down the house, build a big expensive house, and bring in new occupants at very high cost. Typical.
    @BLKSTANG007 back when mills were $15 you were still able to farm the cash you needed for the most part and many didn't buy mills back then. That said, with farming completely gone, the BM eventual eliminated and your only source of mills is to buy em in game for $15, yes many will leave. Many won't spend $100 for 6.6 mills. Yes it will take awhile for mills dealers to run out but when they do, if the price hasn't changed in game, many will just try and sell off and walk away. Top players won't spend for it and most new players will see that the game is too expensive and just move on to different apps since they have 0 invested in the game. If you knew nothing about a game that you just downloaded and you saw $15 for in game currency that really doesn't go very far at all, would you be willing to pay those absurd prices? Most wouldn't!
    edited August 2017
    > @BLKSTANG007 said:
    > Was pinking and all of these things ever an issue back when mills for about $15 back then? If not, then why would it be now???
    > Yall talk about leaving the game if mills go back up. There were plenty of people back then and there will be now. People will noy be leaving due to the price of mills. It will be due to the game itself in other aspects.

@BLKSTANG007 Was 15$ the price for a mill from the BM?..if yes than you just answred everything.
    As things stand..price for a mill is next to 90bucks from the game. BM will close shop soon. Unless glu come up with a price cut many will flee. Its enivitable.

I ask you a question.
    Would you pink a r class car which costed you some 50dollars to upgrade. The answer is simple. Many won't. Only one offs will. Mainly those who have an armada of cars in their garage. When the cars deplete...trust me they wont pink anymore.
    > @Roush Sport said:
    > There's nothing to say really. What you've seen thus far is only the beginning. Sometimes when a house is in bad shape, you have to destroy everything but the foundation before rejuvenating / rebuilding it is even worth the effort.
    >
    > Stay tuned.
    >

@Roush Sport I wonder what's so secretive behind everything. If there is a positive plan behind why is it not shared between the community. What will happen in the meantime in respect of rrc ?...I mean..at the moment I'm well stocked but others might not be so lucky ? Its a thing to get a mill for a dollar but quite another to buy for 90. With the new restructuring it is obvious that things were aimed to clamp the BM. Things are now more clear but users are in disdain. Are we so low level as not to share what's on plan for the game ?...many invested heavily in the game and some respect is the least we deserve.