Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

6.4 - Hot fixes

[RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
Guy and gals,

Thank you for getting us the mass amount of information on the things that went wrong. We've been working nonstop to remedy the issues.

Things we know about:
1-Losing money after chickening
- the money isn't lost.
- Upon restart, it will show up correctly. You will NOT lose money, it just looks like you do until restarting your game. We're fixing this in the next client update.

2-When you chicken out, it incorrectly states you'll only lose half the amount of your last bet.
-This displays incorrect but deducts from your Racing Rivals Cash correctly. You will NOT lose money in the meanwhile. We're fixing this in the next client update.

3-Error loading car(###)/can't load game.
-This is tied to specific cars and/or wheels. These are being hot-fixed immediately. In fact we not fixed over a hundred assets in the last couple hours. We will be fixing more as we find them.

4-Issues joining a friend.
-This fix is live already.

5-Cars running a little slower
-this DOES NOT effect tunes, but your car will run a little slower. AGAIN, this will not effect your tunes. Unfortunately, this can't be hot-fixed. We have found a fix for it and it will be in the next client update.

6-Turf war events were incorrect
-This has been fixed already.

7-Metallic paints not showing correctly,
-This will be in the next client update.

Once we're out of the fire, we'll fill you in on more details.
Prev1

Comments

• Bok123Bok123 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Still No Pink Game Freeze When we trying Fix it please
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    Bok123 said:

Still No Pink Game Freeze When we trying Fix it please

we're working on that one. I don't have more info on it other than we're working on it.
  • king74722king74722 Registered Users 2,046 Posts
    If i try to use my bronze crate Mercedes Benz amg gt the game completely freezes and that's my turf car for today help me
  • SilverninaSilvernina Registered Users 30 Posts
    Hey Daniel what's up it's bumper :D it's been a minute since we last spoke. Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and paitence. Our community seems to eat there young lol and I commend you for being a stand up guy and being a leader to better this game we all love. Again thanks bro!!! :)
  • king74722king74722 Registered Users 2,046 Posts
    Please help me prodigal Grimm
  • XXTHECOLLECTORXXXXTHECOLLECTORXX Registered Users 8 Posts
    Any word on when it will hit the android play store
  • CoorzmanCoorzman Registered Users 54 Posts
    The NOS button fails A ALOT now. This morning it's been every time I've got a perfect launch. I'm on IOS
    IGN is G Bubs
    Co Leader of F U K A Turfcar
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    edited August 2017
    Why doesn't the new tutorials show you how to ghost shift? Seeing it is a "legit" way to race. Why don't you teach it in the tutorial. Your whole rant on changes is to teach and teach new players correctly so they don't need YouTube of forums or fb. Guess what. When they get slaughtered by ghost shift. Something the game never taught them. Guess were they will head to? Fb, forums and YouTube. You guys failed. Again. Hell only good update was 2.0 with CIE. Every single update since has been garbage and made more problems.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • couchrac3rcouchrac3r Registered Users 4,901 Posts
    Coorzman said:

The NOS button fails A ALOT now. This morning it's been every time I've got a perfect launch. I'm on IOS

@Coorzman I think it is due to iOS and not the nos button. I also use apple and Since the last couple iOS updates it has been this way. I have noticed that if my finger is touching a part of the screen lots of buttons don't work when trying to hit with other hand. Think it is to help prevent accidental double taps.

• kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    Answer me this Daniel... Wtf was wrong with the old tachometer that ya gotta go and throw this pos launching system out? Too much stuff going on screen. Too distracting. Old launch system was fine... The shifts are better I like that feature... Quit tryna fix shitt that doesn't need fixing. Ya focusing on the wrong stuff and not handling what needs fixing. I applaud ya for trying to dig yaself outta the massive shitt hole glu left ya in but fuckk. Stop ruining the game!!! Taking a step forward and 2 steps back. There's a lot of cool new stuff appreciate the effort ya making but please don't try and fix shitt that's perfectly fine..
    @couchrac3r its not only on iOS. Nos failure has been happening since they released 6.0 update. Perfect launches with an rt under .010 90% of time will cause nos to fail. They been saying they'll fix with next update but never do. Instead they give us this new shitt launch system which still causes nos to fail.
    And please fix the friend list. When scrolling it takes you to the front. Its annoying. Can't scroll thru list without it taking u back
  • MariosaucedaMariosauceda Registered Users 33 Posts
    Can team list be put back the way it was now u can't even see who is on racing or when was the last time they raced please implement back into game
    @FASTERMIKEY the shifts is probably the best thing they did with this update. There's now a needle that shows u where to shift
  • MariosaucedaMariosauceda Registered Users 33 Posts
    Always something with these Dum updates
  • xangelxxangelx Registered Users 12 Posts
    > @[RR] Prodigal Grim said:
    > Guy and gals,
    >
    > Thank you for getting us the mass amount of information on the things that went wrong. We've been working nonstop to remedy the issues.
    >
    > Things we know about:
    > 1-Losing money after chickening
    > - the money isn't lost.
    > - Upon restart, it will show up correctly. You will NOT lose money, it just looks like you do until restarting your game. We're fixing this in the next client update.
    >
    > 2-When you chicken out, it incorrectly states you'll only lose half the amount of your last bet.
    > -This displays incorrect but deducts from your Racing Rivals Cash correctly. You will NOT lose money in the meanwhile. We're fixing this in the next client update.
    >
    > 3-Error loading car(###)/can't load game.
    > -This is tied to specific cars and/or wheels. These are being hot-fixed immediately. In fact we not fixed over a hundred assets in the last couple hours. We will be fixing more as we find them.
    >
    > 4-Issues joining a friend.
    > -This fix is live already.
    >
    > 5-Cars running a little slower
    > -this DOES NOT effect tunes, but your car will run a little slower. AGAIN, this will not effect your tunes. Unfortunately, this can't be hot-fixed. We have found a fix for it and it will be in the next client update.
    >
    > 6-Turf war events were incorrect
    > -This has been fixed already.
    >
    > 7-Metallic paints not showing correctly,
    > -This will be in the next client update.
    >
    > Once we're out of the fire, we'll fill you in on more details.
    I need someone to adresss a huge issue. The mia Subaru is broken. And I tried to look at the car locked my game up. This needs addressed asap
    It's exactly like the blorange rims were. Please get me back in asap.
    Nos fail. Only happen to me. Against certain racers. Known to exploit the game Js
    Come on. Lol. See this. And fix pls ! Lol.
    I think y'all see it it is trying to load the car but still broken. Lol. Come on lil buddy. U can do it lol
    Fixed. Th anks
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    dwdtuning said:

Why doesn't the new tutorials show you how to ghost shift? Seeing it is a "legit" way to race. Why don't you teach it in the tutorial. Your whole rant on changes is to teach and teach new players correctly so they don't need YouTube of forums or fb. Guess what. When they get slaughtered by ghost shift. Something the game never taught them. Guess were they will head to? Fb, forums and YouTube. You guys failed. Again. Hell only good update was 2.0 with CIE. Every single update since has been garbage and made more problems.

We'll be removing ghost shift in the future. It's not hack or cheat, but it's not something we can easily teach. With that in mind, removing it will level out the playing field that much more.
    In regards to nos fails, the button was moved slightly and the touch area now only encompasses the button and not the bezel. In 6.4.2, we will be increasing the size of the button and the touch area so that it's a little more forgiving. Between it moving and the smaller touch area, muscle memory has to be retrained especially if you've been playing for a while.
    10-4 boss man

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

Nos failure has nothing to do with the size of the button. Ever since the 6.0 update nos failure happens when u get a perfect launch with a rt under .010.. Please fix this issue instead of resizing it

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• ChaseEmDownChaseEmDown Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hey. I've heard from several other racers that their Nos botton does not work when launching. I'm having the same issue. I won't go as far as this happens every time or even 9 out of 10 times.... but it is happening to the majority of my races and test track time. Only started happening after 6.4.1. Can anybody speak to this issue? Is it a smaller button, are racers just missing it or is it an update issue? Thanks
    @ChaseEmDown read my previous comment.. Its been happening since 6.0 update. Happens when u hit perfect launch with an rt under .010
  • BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    Fix the damm nos button
    It's annoying and irritating
    Perfect runs ruined
    Points lost
    Boost lost
    Not enjoyable game
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed