Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Turf War prize change

[RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
edited October 2017 in The Carbonated Garage
So why are the Turf War prizes changing?

With silver crates going away, we had to change up the turf war prize structure too. Again the prizes didn't have any variance in the ranks. The old system was awarding over 1,000 teams (that's 20,000 players) the exact same prize. Players were stopping at a rank because there was nothing better to go for and the next prize pool was out of reach.
We learned a lot from changing up Showdown as to what's worth racing and competing for. Players should be rewarded for their efforts and have a reason to compete! So we combined the hottest parts of Showdown with the Turf Cars we all love in order to spice up Turf Wars for the sickest competition on four wheels.

When do the changes go LIVE?

The new prize structure starts next turf, which is Turf War Los Angeles on 8/25/2017.

OLD PRIZE
TIERS

NEW PRIZE
TIERS

1st Place
  • Wrapped Turf car with lightweight wheels (-8 lbs)
  • 250 Gems
  • 1 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 1 Silver Crate Tokens
  • 1 Bronze Crate Tokens
  • 1 Turf War Crate Tokens
1st Place
  • Wrapped Turf car with GOLD lightweight wheels (-8 lbs)
  • 300 Gems
  • 400,000 RRC
  • 75 Boosts
  • 4 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 4 Bronze Crate Tokens
  • 4 Turf War Crate Tokens
2nd to 5th Place
  • Wrapped Turf car with special wheels
  • 150 Gems
  • 1 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 1 Silver Crate Tokens
  • 1 Bronze Crate Tokens
2nd Place
  • Wrapped Turf car with lightweight wheels (-8 lbs)
  • 225 Gems
  • 300,000 RRC
  • 75 Boosts
  • 4 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 4 Bronze Crate Tokens
3rd to 5th Place
  • Wrapped Turf car with special wheels
  • 150 Gems
  • 200,000 RRC
  • 75 Boosts
  • 4 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 4 Bronze Crate Tokens
6th to 25th Place
  • Wrapped Turf car
  • 100 Gems
  • 1 Silver Crate Tokens
6th to 10th Place
  • Wrapped Turf car
  • 100 Gems
  • 175,000 RRC
  • 75 Boosts
  • 4 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 4 Bronze Crate Tokens
11st to 25th Place
  • Wrapped Turf car
  • 80 Gems
  • 150,000 RRC
  • 75 Boosts
  • 4 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 4 Bronze Crate Tokens
26th to 100th Place
  • Paintable Turf car
  • 75 Gems
  • 1 Bronze Crate Tokens
  • 2 Turf War Crate Tokens
26th to 50th Place
  • Paintable Turf car
  • 80 Gems
  • 150,000 RRC
  • 75 Boosts
  • 3 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 4 Bronze Crate Tokens
51st to 75th Place
  • Paintable Turf car
  • 65 Gems
  • 150,000 RRC
  • 50 Boosts
  • 3 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
76th to 100th Place
  • Paintable Turf car
  • 65 Gems
  • 100,000 RRC
  • 40 Boosts
  • 2 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
101st to 625th Place
  • 50 Gems
  • 1 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 1 Silver Crate Tokens
  • 1 Bronze Crate Tokens
  • 3 Turf War Crate Tokens
101st to 150th Place
  • 50 Gems
  • 100,000 RRC
  • 40 Boosts
  • 2 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
151st to 225th Place
  • 40 Gems
  • 75,000 RRC
  • 30 Boosts
  • 2 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 3 Bronze Crate Tokens
226th to 400th Place
  • 40 Gems
  • 50,000 RRC
  • 30 Boosts
  • 2 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
401st to 600th Place
  • 40 Gems
  • 50,000 RRC
  • 25 Boosts
  • 1 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
626th to 2,000th Place
  • 20 Gems
  • 1 Silver Crate Tokens
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
601st to 850th Place
  • 30 Gems
  • 25,000 RRC
  • 25 Boosts
  • 1 Gold Crate Tokens
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
851st to 1,100th Place
  • 20 Gems
  • 20,000 RRC
  • 15 Boosts
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
1,101st to 1,500th Place
  • 15 Gems
  • 15,000 RRC
  • 15 Boosts
  • 2 Bronze Crate Tokens
1,501st to 2,000th Place
  • 15 Gems
  • 15,000 RRC
  • 10 Boosts
  • 1 Bronze Crate Tokens
2,001st to 3,000th Place
  • 150,000 RRC
  • 1 Silver Crate Tokens
  • 1 Bronze Crate Tokens
2,001st to 2,500th Place
  • 10 Gems
  • 12,000 RRC
  • 10 Boosts
  • 1 Bronze Crate Tokens
2,501st to 3,000th Place
  • 5 Gems
  • 10,000 RRC
  • 10 Boosts
  • 1 Bronze Crate Tokens

Comments

• FuraiPinkerFuraiPinker Registered Users 13,302 Posts
    Nice. Gives 2nd place an incentive also was hoping for a special 3rd place also
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited August 2017
    Nice incentive for the top teams.
    Not so nice for the bottom ones.

I'm not understanding something here.
    I was under the impression that the REMOVAL of silver crates would be compensated by the equivalent in other goodies. There is a COLOSSAL CONTRADICTION here...

Top 1 team has 1 x silver crate removed but is given the following ::-
    +50 gems
    +400k
    + 75 boosts
    + 3 gold crates
    + 3 bronze crates
    + 3 turf crates

Top2500 team has the same silver crate removed but is given the following ::-
    +10gems

So not only top teams are getting the ultimate prize (rightly so) but they are also getting an ultimate package. !!!

Those newbies which try hard, or other racers (like me) who dont give a shiit about gems but want rrc are given shiit !!!

Well done guys. How will new comers compete ??.. On I see !...go to the store and buy rrc !!!

And for all those who are ejaculating about the new prize structure which might seem good for the moment are failing to see the overall picture / repercussions.

The 150k which was so easily obtained is being removed... same which happened for the 150k tourney vouchers... Free Rrc is being stripped away from the game !!!... The only way to get a respectable amount was via turf...now it's gone as well. Lol.. Those Indonesians and Chinese who had hundreds of accounts generating rrc can close shop. In short ...The ultimate result is that rrc price in the bm will sky rocket !!#... Just wait 2/ 3 months and you'll find out the hard way. If you want rrc the only ways to get it is via game store or race wager. But there again...only the few who have the balls to do it will high bet, knowing that rrc price costs you an arm and a leg !!#

Just food for thought or ??
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    edited August 2017

Nice incentive for the top teams.

Not so nice for the bottom ones.

I'm not understanding something here.

I was under the impression that the REMOVAL of silver crates would be compensated by the equivalent in other goodies. There is a COLOSSAL CONTRADICTION here...

Top 1 team has 1 x silver crate removed but is given the following ::-

+50 gems

+400k

+ 75 boosts

+ 3 gold crates

+ 3 bronze crates

+ 3 turf crates

Top2500 team has the same silver crate removed but is given the following ::-

+10gems

So not only top teams are getting the ultimate prize (rightly so) but they are also getting an ultimate package. !!!

Those newbies which try hard, or other racers (like me) who dont give a shiit about gems but want rrc are given shiit !!!

Well done guys. How will new comers compete ??.. On I see !...go to the store and buy rrc !!!

And for all those who are ejaculating about the new prize structure which might seem good for the moment are failing to see the overall picture / repercussions.

The 150k which was so easily obtained is being removed... The ultimate result is that rrc price in the bm will sky rocket !!#... Just wait 2/ 3 months and you'll find out the hard way. If you want rrc the only ways to get it is via game store or race wager. But there again...only the few who have the balls to do it will high bet, knowing that rrc price costs you an arm and a leg !!#

Just food for thought.

it only took 5-10 wins to get 150k rrc in the old system. now you win 25 races over the 3 day span and you get a lot more overall. We looked at how many wins it took to get to each place by looking at the final scores for turf wars over the past month.
    edited August 2017
    rrc is the core of the game. Without it you cannot upgrade cars. Gems are a commodity not a necessity...same for crates. I don't need crates to get cars...I get them via pinks. The overall package is a disaster for the game. Rrc are expensive to get from the game ... By removing the 150k which only took some races to get you are directly purging the game out the easily obtained rrc. Bm price for rrc will sky rocket. Rrc is everything in the game. Without it there will be lesser pinks .. But there again...only time will tell... In the meantime I trust in my judgement. I know what I'm saying here. Rrc was being taken for granted by all since it was easily obtained. Now everyone will come to understand it the hard way !!!..

I have a life to live and an not going to waste a weekend trying to reach top ranks. Have a family. A bit of free time was dedicated to the game...getting rrc and enjoying racing and the thrill of pinks. Without rrc I won't pink. An R2 car costs almost a mill to upgrade and a mill from the game costs 99 bucks?? Lol.. Wtf ???.. Plenty will quit.. Il bump this thread in a couple of months time...again...I know I'm right and even you know. You've been in the game doing top100 for years...tell me..where did you get the rrc from ?

Nb. ***** And still no one has yet explained what's the equivalent of a silver crate... Why of the abyssimal discrepancy between top and bottom teams when it comes to a silver crate equivalent.? @[rr]prodigal grim

I recall that the original thread pertaining to such changes Mentioned that a relevant substitution / prize to silver crate was being given...this had not happened here... My original post refers...

140k were deducted from the original prize and only 10Gems were given !.. Is this it ?..
  • Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
    I think this is a great improved . Just need better turf cars for people to want too win
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    I don't get the mindset and I probably never will. Let's add new content, change prizes, bring new cars, and on and on yet let's not fix what's actually broken in the game.. I just don't get it! It's always like this, let's add and add yet not fix what doesn't work.
    edited August 2017
    > @Boffz79 said:
    > I think this is a great improved . Just need better turf cars for people to want too win

@Boffz79 at face value a biiig definitely.

Repercussions will be colossal. No one is seeing what is coming ! rrc from BM will be expensive. They are driving the BM prices up so that they can alter the in game price just a bit. By taking these measures GLU is masterminding the prices for rrc from bm under more flashy and better prize packages pretentious. They Will be removing the only 'easy' source for rrc. Where do you think the rrc in black market originates from ?

Once the 'easy' rrc sources are not available any more, rrc price from bm would be colossal. They are driving up the BM rrc price so they in turn decrease theirs.... Like.. Meeting half way.

Glu will never charge 1$ per mill. Its toooo cheap. By taking such measures they will drive bm rrc prices sky high.
  • AshoSpeedAshoSpeed Registered Users 4,151 Posts
    @greenstaged there is still money farming
    edited August 2017
    @AshoSpeed every thing is pointing to the same direction. There will always be rrc farming but the amount generated by the activity would be so low that it would be impracticable though not impossible to reach levels to sustain the upgrades at R class levels. Prices are always guided by supply and demand. It's the basic rule in economics. Cut the supply, prices will sky rocket. This is not speculation but what will happen in the coming future . it's a fact. All sources which contributed to an easy rrc income has been cut. It doesn't take to be a genious to realise what will happen. Time will tell but it still prove me correct unfortunately. You want rrc...go to the store. And if there is an option to farm rrc still open it will be removed. BM rrc is only viable if generated in large amount. Other than that price for rrc can only increase.

rrc was being taken for granted by all since it was easily available. Its the core of the game. You can do without gems but without rrc you can basically quit.
  • AshoSpeedAshoSpeed Registered Users 4,151 Posts
    @greenstaged just dont do r class... Easy 500k
    @AshoSpeed true. But it all boils down to what's going to happen to the BM. My point is that rrc will not be cheap. Obviously rrc is the core of the game. Expensive rrc will have serious repercussions on the game as we know it.
    so what your saying is you want to score 50 points and call that turfing ? there are plenty off turf team that u could join and score a few k and u will get the rrc your talking about
    edited August 2017
    > @Boffz79 said:
    > so what your saying is you want to score 50 points and call that turfing ? there are plenty off turf team that u could join and score a few k and u will get the rrc your talking about
    @Boffz79

You are not understanding what's at stake here.
    It's not what I want...its what will eventually happen to the game. From my end I have priorities and RR is not one of them albeit I like the game. I have a life to live and a family too. I opted to race just the bare minimum aiming for rrc. Don't give a shiit about gems. Those are a commodity not a necessity. My t100 days are gone...don't feel like wasting time on the game more than I should....

That said this is besides the whole point.

Removing EASILY OBTAINED rrc from the game will be like clamping the BM by its balls...its not that difficult to understand. Cut the source of rrc = complete monopoly by glu.

Unless glu slash the price on the current rrc value the repercussions on the game are many to list...however try to use your head and you'll come up with your own conclusions.

This is just theory but everyone knows that they are trying to address the issue of the BM. They allways say...the games economy cannot be re-written overnight...the repercussions of cutting the easily available rrc will be felt in a couple of months time. When the current bm rrc supply dwindles you will start to notice price for rrc getting more and more expensive. When that happens remember this post here.
    for what it's worth it didn't really bother me . I have cars and gems saved up rrc to tune so I'm ok . your points are valid but what's to stop someone from having 20 account linked to one team and scoring 1000 points and from 1 race and claiming 150k on every account that's 3 mill a week for no work at all. if people are really into the game they will play it legit they will build up like we all have at some stage . What do you even need 150k rrc for anyway if u have no interest ?
    edited August 2017
    > @Boffz79 said:
    > for what it's worth it didn't really bother me . I have cars and gems saved up rrc to tune so I'm ok . your points are valid but what's to stop someone from having 20 account linked to one team and scoring 1000 points and from 1 race and claiming 150k on every account that's 3 mill a week for no work at all. if people are really into the game they will play it legit they will build up like we all have at some stage . What do you even need 150k rrc for anyway if u have no interest ?

@Boffz79 You are Ok for the time being. Things will change soon. Rrc dwindles down pretty easily and you will eventually run out of them. If rrc becomes expensive (from bm), tell me ...do you think that racers would wage mills left, right and centre ? There again ..I'm assuming that rrc price in game would remain the same or slashed by 50%.

From my end I never mentioned I don't have interest in the game. I just do the bare minimum to get some crates and rrc in turf and likewise in showdown. I like the game but on the other hand I've got priorities. Can't waste time more than i should...

Re the 20 accounts you mentioned....you are coming exactly to my point...

How do you think that rrc is so in abundance from the BM. ?? That's the 'easily available' rrc I was referring to. Carbonated came up with a smart plan to control rrc. They purged the game of the easily available rrc. One of them is the 150k turf price (150k is nothing in the game...but as you mentioned..what if you have hundreds of accounts like Indonesians and Asians do ?)...another is the 150k tourney vouchers, the value of glow wheels from perf crates...introduction of non pinkable cars, removal of rrc prizes in the campaign (rrc farming) and others....

These are all facts.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I trust in my judgement. Things will change.
    Can't farm for 500k anymore since all campaign cars are locked and if you sell em back they only give you $1. These decisions are a joke and for someone who has made money off of this game from his tunes and such, Daniel has completely turned and is helping drive mills sky high so Carbonated can lower there's a little and still price gouge the people. It's an absolute joke and the game is gonna suffer tremendously because of it.
    Lol. Been saying that for months. I knew were this was pointing to. They clamped the BM by its balls. No more BM. You want rrc...Get them from the game. They will slash price for mills by 50% max...if ever they do that.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    The fact that mills cost more than $5 in this game is a complete joke.
    edited August 2017
    > @JohnKIV said:
    > The fact that mills cost more than $5 in this game is a complete joke.

@JohnKIV

John..you saying that cos you always bought rrc for cheap...something which was never intended by glu. Mindset and how and what you can upgrade will depend on your spending power - how much you can afford - current situation is similar but now it will be limited to just one seller...hence no competition between sellers hence pure monopoly. The game as you/we know it will change to a certain extent...but it will. Just think what can happen if you can't buy rrc at will..and you'll arrive to same conclusions I did.

Edit. And if the rrc were just 5$ it would be great...but I think that's just wishful thinking. Am not going to hope that glu slash the price for a mill rrc by 90%. It won't happen. Max they do is 50% and again..I wouldn't bet anything on it. Complete monopoly equal to complete control on the market. As far as I can say they can even increase the price for mills. It will be either take it or leave it scenario.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @greenstaged I only bought mills one time. Regardless of the BM I would never spend a penny on the in game rrc at the price they sell them at. Infact only time I see a point buying anything in game is when they do sells of bundles.
    @greenstaged if Carbonated shuts down all the mills dealers and the only way to get mills is to buy them in game for $50, racing rivals would be a dead game within a month. Even $5 a mill in game would cripple the game beyond repair. Carbonated needs to take a realistic approach towards in game currency. At $5 a mill, do you honestly think people would pay $10 for a maxed BMW m3 gt2? That's about what it costs to buy one from the showroom and max it out. The community would tell Carbonated to go F&@K themselves. Their approach is unrealistic and the decisions being made now, about rrc, could lead to the game closing down and many of their employees out of a job. They need to take a step back and seriously consider what will happen if mills dealers are gone and their in game price is anything higher than $1 per mill
    edited August 2017
    > @C y r u s said:
    > @greenstaged if Carbonated shuts down all the mills dealers and the only way to get mills is to buy them in game for $50, racing rivals would be a dead game within a month. Even $5 a mill in game would cripple the game beyond repair. Carbonated needs to take a realistic approach towards in game currency. At $5 a mill, do you honestly think people would pay $10 for a maxed BMW m3 gt2? That's about what it costs to buy one from the showroom and max it out. The community would tell Carbonated to go F&@K themselves. Their approach is unrealistic and the decisions being made now, about rrc, could lead to the game closing down and many of their employees out of a job. They need to take a step back and seriously consider what will happen if mills dealers are gone and their in game price is anything higher than $1 per mill

Completely agree with you on the rrc pricing.
    The thing is that they should have made their preliminary studies on what will happen to the BM following their prize restructuring. An ex racer is now part of their team and the things you said up here should be well familiar with him. As Things will eventually turn out though it's that no no mills will be available from bm. The same fate of the game is in their same hands. The thing is that I don't believe that glu will slash rrc price by 80-90%. They are too greedy to do it. @c y r u s
  • jawejawe Registered Users 1 Posts
    Bring 50cent per mill.. 50cent usd like 2 ringgit on my country..
  • 2thpic2thpic Registered Users 188 Posts
    plz change turf cars

• SHONCHANDSHONCHAND Registered Users 80 Posts
    change the turf crates its more then 3months or plus????????