Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Petition to NOT remove GS ability

shalootshaloot Registered Users 48 Posts
edited August 2017 in Talk About Racing Rivals
EDIT: as requested, if you disagree, make your own thread to support it's removal. Trying to keep this clean and a way people who agree can list their name. of course... it's alrady a failed attempt because only 5% of the players on teh game are actually on this forum...

Just curious how many people on forum feel it should NOT be removed. I know the majority of the hundreds of people I talk to on RR feel this way, unfortunately not all want to bother creating a forum account to post here. Maybe we can get together where and make it known that we don't want RR t change anymore? Specifically I mean to not remove GS, or change anything drastic. I think the direction of their plans need to be reevaluated. The game is FINE as is. No need to do anything crazy just fix bugs and improve experience. The more you try to change it the worse it's going to get.

So I invite everyone here to please post if you agree and maybe just maybe someone will actually listen. If you do not agree feel free to make your own post. Will attempt to do this on FB or somewhere where there are way more people and they can post without needing to make a forum account too.

As I mentioned in my suggestions post...
GS doesn't hurt anyone. Some kids whine about it but truth is that EVERYONE has the same opportunity to do it. Not a hack, not a glitch, not a cheat. People know what cars are GS so they can avoid them if they don't GS. GS adds an interesting facet to this game. If people don't GS they can race cars that don't GS. The same way if they're in a D class they shouldn't race an R2 class car. If you have to then just raise the class of the cars that respond well to GS. Or add some flag to the name even.
And on that note please don't go changing the core mechanics of the game. Don't you get tired of hearing the whole community whine every time you release an update changing things? That's because we just want you to fix bugs, not make changes that nobody is asking for!
Please, just consider for once leaving it alone. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it.
Prev1

Comments

• SM4CKSM4CK Registered Users 62 Posts
    @shaloot: you make some good points. I agree completely on the changing of the mechanics and fundamentals when unnessary. I joined the forum because of this. Specifically, the botched launch button a week or two ago. I and many many others took a big step back and asked why and how could this happen??
  • couchrac3rcouchrac3r Registered Users 4,901 Posts
    Problem is if you go into certain lobbies then all you see is gs cars. I used to run 1640 lobby in my integra before point change and got really annoyed with all the people running jettas that kept challenging me. Was worse then because you had to wait the 30 seconds instead of being able to chicken. So kinda hard to avoid gs cars when they like to try and pick on certain cars they know that aren't gs able. Kinda like going into a 63 or 68 lobby in a a class and getting challenged by a rs re.
    Ah the Jetta, the poor man's pinkster. Eventually you graduate and move on, but I guess there will always be those dedicated to it even with the point change. In these cases, you have to fight fire with fire.
    I could go either way with gs -ing. It is a beneficial technique to a newer player, but at this point I don't use it.
    In fact, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find the desire to race at all because of the current dabockle.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited August 2017
    GS is a flaw in the game. It was never intended. Same as the BM. It was never intended. Both have something in common. Users found out about them and started benefiting from. By logic..if they are fixing the BM than they should also fix GS. They just changed the tutorial for the campaign...main excuse included that shift points for all cars are different and former tutorial was wrong. Main reason was another thing... But whatever...in current tutorial they ain't showing how to use GS...so again...something never intended for the game and its not how it should be played. It must be removed.

If everyone GS...it's the equivalent of everybody not doing so...you Will be on the same level / playing field. If on the other many don't know how to and you keep on GS..ing than you using it for your own benefit.
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    Bye bye gs

Back to real racing
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • penismightierpenismightier Registered Users 939 Posts
    Best part is that Daniel Powell is the one who made it mainstream, setting dozens of records with it....
    And now he's the one trying to remove it...

They better strip all those records along with it!!!!
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    Bye bye Ghost shifting hope it gets the axe.
    edited August 2017
    @dwdtuning @JohnKIV I haven't found or read anything about axing GS. Where did you get this information from ?
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited August 2017
    The problem I have, with every update comes major problems with the game. They can't even give out a free car without it causing problems. What problems are gonna be created because they went in and did away with ghost shifting? Are old lobby ratings gonna return because the last lobby shift was done wrong and killed everyone's tune books? Are they gonna make gs cars slow piles of junk that no one will use? GS is something everyone can do with a little practice so therefore everyone has the same advantage. We all know that for every step forward this game takes 2 steps back. Fix some bugs, make it run smooth and keep it working. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
  • ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    I hope to god they remove this shitt.
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
    > @C y r u s said:
    > The problem I have, with every update comes major problems with the game. They can't even give out a free car without it causing problems. What problems are gonna be created because they went in and did away with ghost shifting? Are old lobby ratings gonna return because the last lobby shift was done wrong and killed everyone's tune books? Are they gonna make gs cars slow piles of junk that no one will use? GS is something everyone can do with a little practice so therefore everyone has the same advantage. We all know that for every step forward this game takes 2 steps back. Fix some bugs, make it run smooth and keep it working. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

@c y r u s GS is a flaw. They are fixing that flaw. It was never intended to be an in game feature. Its not a matter to know how to gs or not...
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    @greenstaged I understand that, I'm just saying that a fix like that will surely mess up things elsewhere just like every update does.
  • shalootshaloot Registered Users 48 Posts

Problem is if you go into certain lobbies then all you see is gs cars. I used to run 1640 lobby in my integra before point change and got really annoyed with all the people running jettas that kept challenging me. Was worse then because you had to wait the 30 seconds instead of being able to chicken. So kinda hard to avoid gs cars when they like to try and pick on certain cars they know that aren't gs able. Kinda like going into a 63 or 68 lobby in a a class and getting challenged by a rs re.

for sure, i understand that. but like you mention is just like getting spammed by RS-RE or other faster cars. And now we can finally chicken
    and as i asked, maybe get your own post? the purpose here is for people who support it to speak up. not to turn into a debate. thanks
    dwdtuning said:

Bye bye gs

Back to real racing

you cant "real race" now?
    C y r u s said:

@greenstaged I understand that, I'm just saying that a fix like that will surely mess up things elsewhere just like every update does.

exactly. they cant remove GS without changing core mechanics so no doubt it will lead to more broken drama
    This a public forum. We are allowed to post anything we want bud. We want to debate it. We will. On your post. Like it or not ;)

I don't know you , you don't know me. But I'll assure you I do just fine in the racing department ;)

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

> @shaloot said:
    > Bye bye gs
    >
    >
    >
    > Back to real racing
    >
    > you cant "real race" now?

Lol. Have you seen his garage ?
    edited August 2017
    Who cares how you do in racing or garage. Have you seen mine? What's the point. Respectfully asked to keep it clean instead of turning into yet another debate thread. This is why this forum is dead. Instead of jumping on everyone else's argument that doesn't side with your feelings, maybe let it play out.

I fail to see why people can't enjoy and race right now with the game as it is. Removing GS does what? You'll still always have cars that are faster than others in a given lobby. Still have players that are faster than others.
    Removing it will no doubt cause retuning to be needed (I don't necessarily mind that but plenty will). Changes in the core functionality of the game, that will of course lead to more bugs and untested behaviors.

ALL of my thoughts on this are really centered around one thing. NOT losing the player base. After all, when the majority of the players leave, we are left with empty lobbies and a much less enjoyable game.
    If forum is dead kick rocks. No one here to value your opinion and the people here don't really care :smiley:

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• CHKNRACERCHKNRACER Registered Users 2 Posts
    > @dwdtuning said:
    > If forum is dead kick rocks. No one here to value your opinion and the people here don't really care :smiley:

Holy moly. You turned rude real fast. All because someone has an opinion that differs from yours.
    @CHKNRACER like that :)

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

• patheticpathetic Registered Users 805 Posts
    I thuraly enjoyed it ^ :p
    The purpose of the forum is to share ideas and debate and communicate. How you choose to do so is entirely up to you. Right or wrong you are free to say what you'd like as long as you follow some guidelines, obviously.
    ^ correct
  • CHKNRACERCHKNRACER Registered Users 2 Posts
    I tend to agree with this petition. I used to cry about GS all of the time too. Even gave up the game for a few months because of it. A friend told me to practice it. He gave me a tune for a coupe and practiced I did. Almost every day for 2 months! Guess what! I GOT BETTER!!!! Can you believe it? When I practiced and practiced I got better!!! What a concept, right? I'm still not as good as others but I think it makes the game so much more interesting. More fun. Much better than the same old shifts on every other car. If you don't like it, then practice to get better. I'm sure you'll see as we see. And you know, if you don't like it at least you know you tried. But don't rain on someone else's parade. Why remove an entire aspect of the game just because YOU don't like it. I don't like Reese's peanut butter cups. I wouldn't try to eliminate them just because I don't like them. Others do, so they can stay.
  • nes2014nes2014 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 119 Posts
    Gs is perfect as is. It adds to my desire to play and tune. I use both GS and Non GS cars. There are plenty of gems along with tuning time,skill and effort to learn a car. It is a equal playing across the game the ones who complain about never put the effort to learn and master it. As Daniel said "you choose to shift once I choose to shift twice". GS takes time and effort which means more time online which those who spend that time learn a skill that has been in the game for years now why decide to take it out now. People see GS as a advantage toward the next person if they cant GS which is no different that stealth paintable CF Aero Parts or Light Weight Wheels.
    edited August 2017
    It's simple.

They can't teach new people how to gs.

They want to keep new players and not have them slaughtered and have to resort to searching how to gs or and alternate ways of racing. So they are gonna remove it.

I personally woulda bet gs was here forever with Grim as the head. Seeing he is / was #1 ghost shifter. Even he , or at least the people around him sees it. Case closed.

Lol bye bye gs ;)

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆