Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Petition to NOT remove GS ability

2Next

Comments

• shalootshaloot Registered Users 48 Posts
    edited August 2017
    dwdtuning said:

Lol bye bye gs ;)

Useful reply, again, thanks for that. We know they plan to remove. This threads purpose is in hopes they find a better solution. If they can remove it without changing rest of core mechanics, great. I still won't like it but I'll swallow it.

Care to offer up something useful instead of "bye bye thing I can't / don't like to do"

Playing field is already level.

Why not just raise the class of the cars that respond well to GS?
    If you're in a c clas 1650 SVT, would you expect to win a race against an R2 NSX RE? No. So you don't race it (unless you're going for a long shot or hope they mess up / foul which we all do). Same logic applies with GS in the picture. If you don't GS, you don't race same car that is commonly GS'd. Plenty of other cars to race. If you're in a 1650 c class SVT, you wouldn't race a 1650 C class Subi Coupe, just like you wouldn't / shouldn't expect to win a race against a 1650 R2 NSX RE.
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    No one said I can't or don't like to do it. You assume that. Your assumption is wrong. I choose not to do it. I see it as a desease, just liked I did not want nos to be removed. How I feel.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    without gs cars like the Renault turbo, lambo huracan and subi wrc are useless piles of crap. I say keep gs in and if you want to be competitive, learn how to do it.
  • ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    My thing is.. whats your alt? Your "this is why the forums is dead remark means your obviously an old member. So whod ya scam on which acc and why ya hidin?
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
  • kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    edited August 2017
    Lol this game is tanking anyway
    Just sell your cars and let it die it's been a long time coming
    Bye bye racing rivals
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    Bye felisha, only cheaters and dick suck drivers will miss you
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    > @shaloot said:
    > @greenstaged I understand that, I'm just saying that a fix like that will surely mess up things elsewhere just like every update does.
    >
    > exactly. they cant remove GS without changing core mechanics so no doubt it will lead to more broken drama

Actually they can remove it with out messing with mechnics. Just have it so shifts with in a certain time span does not register. @aubassplayer has had good ideas on how to "fix" it before.
  • SM4CKSM4CK Registered Users 62 Posts
    That's a really good idea and probably relatively simple fix. Makes sense, a different shift time block setting for each of the different classes of cars maybe.. but something else will probably get screwed up during the process so idk if it's worth it..
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    Personally i don't like GS, That's basically racing a race car with a stock transmission, not too efficient. I like they intend to remove it, but they should put something back in it's place. I suggest a race transmission (different from the change in shift time currently), that is optimized for each car. This would allow, the fast guys to do their thing, while within the intended aspect of the game
  • aubassplayeraubassplayer Registered Users 2,725 Posts
    All they have to do is make it so the game doesn't recognize shifts closer than .25 of a sec. a part. No car in the game has shifts closer than that(if you shift normally). And to gs you have to shift faster than .12/sec. So if the game doesn't recognize shifts closer than .25. it will eliminate gs..
    Ign: au(space)bass(space) player
    Team: 9am michi
  • SM4CKSM4CK Registered Users 62 Posts
    Seems easy enough. Then the Jetta and Renault will be back in the worthless p.o.s. column where they should be lol
  • Riyaad01Riyaad01 Registered Users 89 Posts
    Might not work, Cars like Furia will suffer. They rev up so fast it will make you miss the shift points
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    edited September 2017
    Riyaad01 said:

Might not work, Cars like Furia will suffer. They rev up so fast it will make you miss the shift points

I can't remember the last time I've seen a Furia in the wild, racing.
  • Stygian27Stygian27 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Personally I feel they should leave GS alone. It will render far to many vehicles useless unless they have a contingency plan to boost every single GS vehicle ruined to a similar BM speed. If carbonated refuses to accommodate or cannot accommodate then it will put those racers at a terrible disadvantage. So, I guess it will be fair to ruin the garage of the GS'ers even though others have the opportunity to do the same but do not want to?