Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Update to shifting and launch controls

TaraB1tchTaraB1tch Registered Users 1 Posts
Total bullcrap. I haven't played the game since y'all updated and still won't. The way it was , was so much better. I've been playing this game for 4 years and I hate the game now the way it is. I check every day to see if y'all have updated to fix this issue.

Comments

• FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    I stepped away for a while as I got bored. All the cheating etc.

Good to see they are addressing the cheats.

I agree with OP, new launch and shift sucks.

Guess it's time to delete Racing Rivals and move on...
  • SM4CKSM4CK Registered Users 62 Posts
    Don't worry your concerns and frustrations are shared by many. Long story short: I think we the "hardened veterans" as we are being coined, are being expected and figured to ride the storm out (so to speak) In hopes of an overall better RR with lots more new $racers. However the process has been taking months, and many are jumping ship for various reasons- new controls included.
    Whatever the case, those in charge must consider EVERY racer- veteran or noob and they must make smart decisions not just financially, but also functionally.
    The new launch was definitely not a smart functional decision at first as it rendered slower cars, but they did fix that and now simply leave you with new fundamentals to learn. Apparently the old ones were broken.. So we'll see where it goes from here.. hang in there?
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    Been here, done this. I'll check back in a month or so to see if I can enjoy the game once again.
  • SM4CKSM4CK Registered Users 62 Posts
    Good point. You got it. The more spoon feeding, the more people hooked and here to stay, the more people to spend money. Money first, racer interests 2nd. It's business.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    What is wrong with the new shifting? I find it so much better now I do not have to sit with a note book on my lap to remember every shift for every different car that I use to race.
  • getterdonegetterdone Registered Users 158 Posts
    I'm liking them as well had so many cars I coudnt nail down the launch but now I can. Has improved my game and as for the lights never really looked at em go by sound.