Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Racing Rivals Up and Downs with 6.4

[RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
First off, we want to say thank you for playing Racing Rivals. We’re doing our best to get the game into shape as quickly as possible. In doing so, there have been a few unfortunate speed bumps going into 6.4.

One of our goals was to improve frame rates across all devices for Racing Rivals quite a few hitting 60 frames per second and nearly everything in a MUCH better state. Part of achieving this goal was a major change to how the scene is rendered. To support this change, every single asset in the game (that means every car, every wheel, every paint, every environment, etc.) needed to be re-exported and pushed up to the servers. Of the several thousand assets, a few didn't export correctly, and/or had errors that were not caught in testing. Many of you may have noticed that only a few people received the 6.4 build - this was intentional. We intended to limit the impact to quickly find and fix the issues as they came up. This mass export is what led to the initial issues during the release of 6.4.

Additionally (and very unintentionally) a small bit of shall we say, experimental, code sneaked its way into the 6.4 build. This caused cars to run slightly (.9% less HP over the course of the race) slower than they did in 6.3. In the window before 6.4.1 was released, this code left players that upgraded at a disadvantage over players on 6.3.

Then to cap it all off, when we tried to do something nice for you folks by giving away the first Turf War car as the birthday RX-7 GT Spec, another bit of crazy happened. There was an issue with the spoiler which led to a few folks not being able to play. We have been working non-stop to get this and all other issues resolved and will continue to fix things as quickly as possible.

We at Carbonated apologize for the inconvenience experienced during the upgrade process and are giving players that logged in between the August 24th and August 28th 400 gems. Thanks for sticking it out with us on our quest to make Racing Rivals great again! There are many more good things to come and fewer flaws along the way.

Granting these gems may take about 12 hours to roll out due to the number of players affected. So please be patient and thank you again!
Prev1

Comments

• BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    Thanks for the info.
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • PacMan RevisPacMan Revis Registered Users 783 Posts
    Good job

• kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    Appreciate it. Nice gift for putting up with ya shitt :p
    Please explain the use of the new lights. Please remove. Its distracting and serves no purpose. Everything else came out good... The friend list is annoying. Can't scroll thru it without it taking u back to beginning.
  • kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    Oh and please fix the nos failure.. Ever since ya released the 6.0 nos has been a issue when getting a perfect launch and rt under .010
    Shitt is mad annoying and causes us to lose out on a lot of cars
  • penismightierpenismightier Registered Users 939 Posts
    Wasnt lobby jumping supposed to be eliminated with this newest update?

Just raced a 1644 in a 1635 lobby...
  • penismightierpenismightier Registered Users 939 Posts
    edited August 2017
    Bleet bleed, I'm a llama
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    Just don't get the whole revamp of the tach. I understand showing the shift points for new players but in doing so, you destroyed up launch. You can't gauge when to start revving. You could have set the shift points without completely redesigning the tach and making launch harder. Just don't get why every update has to bring about drastic changes that are completely unnecessary.
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    > @C y r u s said:
    > Just don't get the whole revamp of the tach. I understand showing the shift points for new players but in doing so, you destroyed up launch. You can't gauge when to start revving. You could have set the shift points without completely redesigning the tach and making launch harder. Just don't get why every update has to bring about drastic changes that are completely unnecessary.

The red behind the Launch button makes it hard to tell when it actually lights up also. I can not launch any of the cars that are dropped when the launch button lights.
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    I've changed my launch style a bit. Now I just time everything off the countdown lights.
  • Tawny DonkeyTawny Donkey Registered Users 209 Posts
    The whole tach thing is some what of a challenge. It seems that the shift points change through the gear shifts or am i missing something. The redline and drop launch is way different. Trying to keep the car in the green for the launch now. :D I agree with some of the comments about the lower left countdown lights. No sure if they are more of a distraction. One thing i noticed is there are doubles of certain crate rims. One does nothing and the other is just the same as what i already had. I noticed the green glow rim that is given away in the bronze crate went to only a green lip with a chrome center like it was a couple years ago and then yesterday it went back to solid green. I personally liked the previous version. I also had a game loaded on an old iphone but with the new update, its toast. The game center says you can download the previous version but it just loops back to update. I realize its an old phone but i have kept it as a backup just in case and to fill up my team slots. :p Anyway things are looking better all in all. Thanks for the gems and anniversary car.
    Seeya on the Track
    Tawny ;)
  • KydKilaKydKila Registered Users 9 Posts
    I never got my 400 gems like everyone else. I've been playing this game like 3 years now.
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @KydKila

Only players that logged in between the August 24th and August 28th got the 400 gems.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    @KydKila Wow must not be active
  • Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

The whole tach thing is some what of a challenge. It seems that the shift points change through the gear shifts or am i missing something. The redline and drop launch is way different. Trying to keep the car in the green for the launch now. :D I agree with some of the comments about the lower left countdown lights. No sure if they are more of a distraction. One thing i noticed is there are doubles of certain crate rims. One does nothing and the other is just the same as what i already had. I noticed the green glow rim that is given away in the bronze crate went to only a green lip with a chrome center like it was a couple years ago and then yesterday it went back to solid green. I personally liked the previous version. I also had a game loaded on an old iphone but with the new update, its toast. The game center says you can download the previous version but it just loops back to update. I realize its an old phone but i have kept it as a backup just in case and to fill up my team slots. :p Anyway things are looking better all in all. Thanks for the gems and anniversary car.
    Seeya on the Track
    Tawny ;)

Yes, the shift points change per gear. The system is showing you the optimal shift point for every shift, and sometimes it varies from gear to gear, depending on the car.
    > @BlitzChaos said:
    > @KydKila Wow must not be active
    I was active, I also had to switch phones the day before everyone recieved said gems.
    > @greenstaged said:
    > @KydKila
    >
    > Only players that logged in between the August 24th and August 28th got the 400 gems.

I was logged in but I also had to switch phones due to my old one breaking.
    > @Tawny Donkey I have recieved at least 5 sets of the rims you get from Performance crates. Not complaining just saying
  • 2thpic2thpic Registered Users 188 Posts
    ok so i had some silver crates stacked up, but now they the silver are no more...... did i just loose out on them??????

• JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    > @2thpic said:
    > ok so i had some silver crates stacked up, but now they the silver are no more...... did i just loose out on them??????

Yes it would appear so. There was multiple in game announcments for over a month telling you to use them up because they where going to be no more there bud.
    Just noticed something with rims from the fast and furious racer club. The pink ace rims show a pink rim with black spokes but when you try em on a car they are all pink with a black lip. They don't even look like the same rims
  • Johnhetu60Johnhetu60 Registered Users 26 Posts
    Regarding the count down lights, can they be shifted to the right just about 30%? Those of us with fat thumbs are at a disadvantage. Really like the Later button more responsive when the engine is being fixed. Used to have to wait for some reason. A lot of great changes such as the choosing a car with the room rating shown from high to low if not eligible for that race. Also like the challenge friends change. WHy? easier to reward my team with a car for points posted in turf.
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
    C y r u s said:

Just noticed something with rims from the fast and furious racer club. The pink ace rims show a pink rim with black spokes but when you try em on a car they are all pink with a black lip. They don't even look like the same rims

Those should be fixed. Are they still busted???
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

C y r u s said:

Those should be fixed. Are they still busted???
    never mind...answered my own question smh
    ok i have been hearing a lot of mixed info on the cars that work well with ghost shifting.
    what is to come of this? will the cars (coups, jettas, fox body mustangs & so on) be twiked to not let quick shifting or is it rummors?

2thpic said:

ok i have been hearing a lot of mixed info on the cars that work well with ghost shifting.
    what is to come of this? will the cars (coups, jettas, fox body mustangs & so on) be twiked to not let quick shifting or is it rummors?

Ghost shifting is perfectly legit and we will not be changing it in the near future. In the long term, we will be removing it.
    edited September 2017
    The game is so choppy, laggy and just a mess right now. Half the time you can't join lobbies and have a hard time challenging people. Error codes all over the place and basically just another train wreck of an update that was, once again, rushed out too soon. I play on an iPhone 7 plus with only 3 apps on my phone, 7 songs and 51 pics. Nothing running in the background and still have trouble loading the game. When I do, racing is a pain because it's choppy and freezes at times. Nos works about half the time and shift paddles constantly miss. Please tell me again how smooth the game is and how this update is an improvement cause I really can't see it. What I really like is how they can't fix what's wrong with the game but have no problem rolling out new content on a weekly basis. Rather than focusing on new stuff, how bout you focus on fixing another broken update?

Chat is still a mess. I get it, it's a new problem that just popped up over a year ago so no need to fix it in any timely fashion. Now you can't even scroll through your friends list. I'm afraid of any hot fix because it's gonna be laced with problems. But the good thing is, the next update will bring on new features that no one asked for. It's almost like Carbonated asks what the players would like in game and then does the exact opposite.

I understand it's so hard to beta test on a million different devices but I've only ever played on iPhone and it's been nothing but problems. Did you skip iphone and android cause those are an absolute mess?
    edited September 2017
    ok, thanks.
    also thanks a lot for all that you guys do for us. i know there are a lot of players that grip and conplane about the game, yet they still play. hummmmmm
    you guys have made some good improvements in the game that i have been wanting for a long time. i think ive been playing for 3, 4 or 5 yrs.
    almost as long as the game has been started. 13 or 14 accounts i run and counting.... :-)
    in case you dont have enuf stuff on your list....if you could see it in your way to make it where i didnt have to go thru every rim type and size to see what rims are bought for my cars that would be sweet.
    o also please change up the turf war crates

With the new shift points, you e basically put training wheels on the game. Why not just add auto launch so no one ever spins again and everyone gets 0.000 rt?
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    What ^^^^ he said. The game is slowly turning into 'another' racing game...one of the many..
    The specifics which made rr the game to play are being removed.

One of the challenging aspects of the game was to learn how to drive the car...

You should Have removed the early/late/ perfect shift messages and Left the racers to find out best shift points by themselves.

Its turning out to be a game customised purely for children...

@[rr]prodigal grim