Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

The End is Near

124Next

Comments

• Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts
    As for what is and isn't being shared - I don't have any control over that. I wish I did. I mean, sure. I could pull back the curtain and lay everything out on the table for everyone to see...and then get in a lot of trouble for violating an agreement I signed and took an oath that I would never violate.

The market is evolving / changing. From this sentence forward is MY opinion on it. I think it's a good thing in regards to how it's changing. I've always been a firm believer in working for what you want versus just taking the easy way out. For example - you want to amass cash in the game? Ok...in simple terms - earn it. Learn the game and all it's ins and outs, and get on track and win / earn / grind for it. The easy way out was just to throw a couple bucks at farmers and buy the cash. To me, that's a cop out. Granted, I've done it - I've bought RRC from farmers. I'm not perfect. I'm just your average racer, just like anyone else in the game.

The cost of RRC from the in-game market....we (the summit crew) made it loud and clear that it needs adjusted badly. Carbonated heard us loud and clear, and said they will adjust it at some point in the future, but they have to get the economy back in line first. You're witnessing that "getting in line" as I type this.

As for being heavily invested and shown respect - I can't say I agree with you on that point. I think it's one of those things that comes down to perspective. How I mean that is - from my perspective, they've done a great job on communicating what's going on with the game...changes, problems, solutions to those problems, patch notes, etc. If they simply didn't give a damn about the players, they wouldn't tell us anything. They'd just make changes they saw fit, and we'd be left to simply deal with them. That, and most of the time the changes made are at the behest of the community. Many of the changes you've seen and will continue to see are due to requests from the community. If that's not showing a level of respect to the players (changing the game based on the requests from the players themselves)....

Sure, you'll always have haters that say Carbonated isn't doing enough, changing things that don't need changed, changing and breaking things, not doing enough testing, killing the game, etc. But, by the same token, those kind of people will never be happy / satisfied. It is what it is.

• C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    edited August 2017
    I don't get the whole cloak and dagger crap with this game. It's a damn game, why not just lay out the plan to the community so that players may actually sit back and wait for those things to unfold. Without an answer in sight, many are just saying F&$K this and moving on. It's not like your trading military intelligence here, it's a game!
  • SM4CKSM4CK Registered Users 62 Posts
    I am a current hater former lover and I would be happy and very satisfied if you didn't screw with the launch button!!!
    But you did!!! And it's worse!!!
  • shalootshaloot Registered Users 48 Posts
    edited August 2017
    Nobody will ever buy 1m for $100. If they do, they deserve to lose their money to pixels.

Greenstaged I agree with a lot of your analysis in the posts in this thread. I don't agree with all but I fear you are right on many of them.

But my biggest worry is that nobody will be left in the lobbies of the game we all like to play right now. I agree pinks will be come more rare. They already were hard to get to accept this past weekend. And that bores the hell out of me. I think RR is missing the boat on many fronts. In fact they are looking in the opposite direction. Getting grandiose ideas when they could have a successful and high player satisfaction rate with little effort.

EDIT: I wanted to add that while I'm fairly satisfied with the current update, I'm not liking what I hear for the future. I'm not one of the torches and pitchforks kind of guys either so when I say I'm concerned, I'm concerned. What I can't figure out is why Carbonated isn't REALLY reaching out to the community for feedback. Especially after the acquisition to poll the player base and develop plans. I'm not talking about the players summit / council... getting opinions from <10 people is worthless when there are thousands of players. Why not put a survey in game for each player to fill out? As a project manager I would want to hear every piece of feedback from my customers that I possibly could.
    Now we are getting somewhere.
    shaloot said:

Nobody will ever buy 1m for $100. If they do, they deserve to lose their money to pixels.

Greenstaged I agree with a lot of your analysis in the posts in this thread. I don't agree with all but I fear you are right on many of them.

But my biggest worry is that nobody will be left in the lobbies of the game we all like to play right now. I agree pinks will be come more rare. They already were hard to get to accept this past weekend. And that bores the hell out of me. I think RR is missing the boat on many fronts. In fact they are looking in the opposite direction. Getting grandiose ideas when they could have a successful and high player satisfaction rate with little effort.

EDIT: I wanted to add that while I'm fairly satisfied with the current update, I'm not liking what I hear for the future. I'm not one of the torches and pitchforks kind of guys either so when I say I'm concerned, I'm concerned. What I can't figure out is why Carbonated isn't REALLY reaching out to the community for feedback. Especially after the acquisition to poll the player base and develop plans. I'm not talking about the players summit / council... getting opinions from <10 people is worthless when there are thousands of players. Why not put a survey in game for each player to fill out? As a project manager I would want to hear every piece of feedback from my customers that I possibly could. </p>

They have in the past (reached out for ideas / feedback). If that will continue in the future - your guess is as good as mine.

As for us Summit and Council guys - yes, we talk with the devs, but let me clear something up. Sometimes.....keyword sometimes....they ask us what we think about a particular idea they are going to implement. Then, sometimes, they listen to our feedback and tweak the idea based on it. However, there are just as many times where changes happen and we find out about them the same time as everyone else. This most recent update - we were on the horn almost as soon as it launched asking about the new tach / launch / shifting system. We've voiced our opinions, and I, personally, have voiced the opinions of the community (as the devs literally don't have the time to come here and read one or two constructively created posts among hundreds of "this sucks" or "f you guys" posts).

That, and regarding the number of council / summit members....there are roughly 6 of us that are actively engaged with the devs, myself being one of them. That's 6 people that approach the game 6 different ways. Trust me - the 6 of us have had heated discussions with the devs due to strong differences of opinions and ways of looking at things (nos removal, lobby jumping, farming, etc).

If you have one respected member of the community saying something, and 1000's of others saying the exact same thing...there's no point in reaching out to those 1000's of people. You try talking to 10 people at the same time, versus talking to 1 person at the same time and having that person convey the opinions of the other 9. Talking to one person is much easier.

Rest assured - I don't post here as much as I used to, but I'm definitely reading and relaying all of the opinions found here, even those I don't necessarily agree with. My representing the community - it's not my place to decide what info should or shouldn't get to the devs. I pass it all along. THEY decide what info they want to react to and make changes based on, and they also decide what info they don't want to react to.

As for the future of the game - at this point, it's anyone's guess. The game is undergoing an evolution. The economy of the game will begin to fall back in line as the BM mills dry up. For all we know - Carbonated may have a plan to reset the cost of ingame currency and charge 5 bucks for a mil. That's not me foreshadowing - I don't know if that's in the master plan or not, and chances are I'll find out the exact same time everyone else does. The changes that have occurred thus far - trying to keep an open mind and open perspective - I think some of the changes are great. Others, I think, aren't in the best interests of presenting the game to new players and getting those new players "hooked". That said, at the end of the day, regardless of what you, I, the community, or anyone else says....Carbonated is going to do what they feel is best. We can either accept it and roll with it, or we can quit playing and find a new game to feed the addiction. It is what it is.

Hope that clears it up a bit?

• greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @Roush Sport very diplomatic as usual. Lol. Hopefully you are right. Price for mills need to be slashed drastically. The repercussions would be colossal for all...glu included. It's only logical from my end to conclude that such communications Have been conveyed to who ever decides Price for mills.

@Roush Sport very diplomatic as usual. Lol. Hopefully you are right. Price for mills need to be slashed drastically. The repercussions would be colossal for all...glu included. It's only logical from my end to conclude that such communications Have been conveyed to who ever decides Price for mills.

Lol if my diplomatic responses aren't sufficient, I can stop responding altogether...would that be preferred? :)
  • dwdtuningdwdtuning Registered Users 12,932 Posts
    @Roush Sport na, keep it coming.
    ★ HATERS MAKE US FAMOUS ★

★#1 MM ★

☆ Stalkers are creepy ☆

>:)
    edited August 2017
    > @Roush Sport said:
    > @Roush Sport very diplomatic as usual. Lol. Hopefully you are right. Price for mills need to be slashed drastically. The repercussions would be colossal for all...glu included. It's only logical from my end to conclude that such communications Have been conveyed to who ever decides Price for mills.
    >
    > Lol if my diplomatic responses aren't sufficient, I can stop responding altogether...would that be preferred? :)

No. As if..lol. You just have a unique way how to mellow things down.. @Roush Sport
    @Roush Sport Don't go anywhere, your calming insight is needed here and appreacited. Seriously.
    Also, thanks for representing.

The game is definitely changing, and with a lot of focus on the new player. That's understandable. Don't let them forget about the "hardened vets" that have been here since the beginning. They are important to the game too. I am speaking about legitamate veteran players who make the game enjoyable for others:
    We are your team leaders who give extra bonus cars and cash to teammates who are sometimes, guess what, new players. This helps them to stay, progress, and enjoy the game. We form friendships through reliable trades and cooperation with others, and contribute to the culture of the game. Happy people are going to be more inclined to spend money.
    > @SM4CK said:
    > @Roush Sport Don't go anywhere, your calming insight is needed here and appreacited. Seriously.
    > Also, thanks for representing.
    >
    > The game is definitely changing, and with a lot of focus on the new player. That's understandable. Don't let them forget about the "hardened vets" that have been here since the beginning. They are important to the game too. I am speaking about legitamate veteran players who make the game enjoyable for others:
    > We are your team leaders who give extra bonus cars and cash to teammates who are sometimes, guess what, new players. This helps them to stay, progress, and enjoy the game. We form friendships through reliable trades and cooperation with others, and contribute to the culture of the game. Happy people are going to be more inclined to spend money.
    >

@SM4CK

Are you into marketing or something ? Lol
    Loool why you have a job for me? I, like gaming companies, am always looking to make some more money lol
    SM4CK said:

Loool why you have a job for me? I, like gaming companies, am always looking to make some more money lol

I guess it's with a bit of irony that I say...Carbonated is hiring. :)
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited August 2017

@crazyjr

The game is still addictive and nice to play. Obviously when there are updates especially major ones issues are a certainty. That said team carbonated are super and fix at the earliest. They are a small team and don't have testers. I would say that They operate 'agile'. Developers or IT persons should be familiar with the terminology and would understand.

Testing is done automatically or by the same developers and there for its impossible to cover all possible issues which major updates get with them. Hence they use the in game users (us) to conduct testing enmasse and in production.

The only issue there is or rather there will be is that rrc would be only available via in game store. No more BM. Although I understand GLUs necessity to do this I'm extremely pissed that such changes were orchestrated by those same racers who used to play the game. These racers reached the pinnacle of their success by buying rrc from the bm. They could experiment with hundreds of cars and upgrade at will by buying cheap mills from the BM. Now It's like I'm ok fukk you jack way. They forgot their past and how they got successful....all thanks to an infinate supply of rrc. I've been reading that glu will change _price for mills from 90$+ per mill to 'just' 15$. With 15 dollars I used to get 20 mill in the recent past. Now there is or there will be a complete monopoly by GLU.

Well. I'm not that much active so to say the truth I don't really care. That said and although it might sound contradictive im all excited about these changes since there will be plenty of repercussions due to the eradication of the BM. For one I'm convinced that plenty will quit and most of the t100 turf teams will change. The biggest changes in teams will come to the very top 25. Everyone know that they use builders to buy cars from. Now that rrc from BM is dwindling down and from the game It's expensive than this would effect the very core of the game practices.

I never bought mills, so that didn't bother me much. i preferred to grind, the way it was meant. I ground for hours and days to get 2 mill RRC to buy a Mclaren P1 from a friend (Challenger SRT8 35 lobby, perfect launch and shifts bonuses). My problem was i loved playing the game, from my desktop and keyboard. They removed that, i was essentially downgraded to a 7 inch tablet, for everything from controls to visuals. Go from full screen (20" monitor, fullscreen), to a tiny tablet screen and your arms cramped together, just to try to play. When you are not comfortable, you simply stop. Like a Dog crapping in a house. stick their nose in it smack their butt, they'll eventually stop. that is how i felt about the move from FB, I was punished and forced to downgrade. I never cheated, never did anything but play everyday, yet i was punished for supporting the game. I had even started spending money, in the game. thankfully i only spent 25.00, before the big B slap. I still play from time to time, but never seriously. I get huge headaches from the tiny screen. My shoulders hurt from being cramped up, trying to play. If the game came back to FB, I'd go back in a second. But i don't see it happening. Hell if they did their own port or even had partial DL (Like World of Warships or WOW type games). I'd definately do that.

Another problem that was driving me out, when the FB kill happened, was players using boosts on EVERY race in turf or shootout. I get that everyone wants to win, but why boost for a nothing points race? That's just stupid, foolish and wasteful
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @Roush Sport about the 150k free tournament tokens being gone, why not add them in as prize in Showdown? Since they removed silver crates adding in tokens for the 150k rournament would be a nice inventive. Imo
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @crazyjr Why cant you play on the desk top now? Plenty of players play the game on a desk top. To the boost races, now with boost as showdown prizes I race using 10-15 boost and win 50 of them. Over a 4 day period is a extra 140-160 for me to use in turf. So using boosts is not really wasteful.
  • KydKilaKydKila Registered Users 9 Posts
    > @PacMan Revis said:
    > Nitto 1320, nitto legends......racing rivals.........

Wait they killed Nitto 1330 wtf!
  • ARES_NiiTROzzARES_NiiTROzz Registered Users 11,616 Posts
    The end is queer
    IGN:
    ARES NiiTROzz (one space in between)
    ARES NiiTROzz4 (one space in between)
    edited September 2017
    JohnKIV said:

@crazyjr Why cant you play on the desk top now? Plenty of players play the game on a desk top. To the boost races, now with boost as showdown prizes I race using 10-15 boost and win 50 of them. Over a 4 day period is a extra 140-160 for me to use in turf. So using boosts is not really wasteful.

Because i get a problem on emulators where the google play store closes when i try to access it. it wants a phone number to text a code, since it's an emulator, it has no number. i also get emails on my google where it says someone tried to access my account and doesn't let me say it was me. the bullchit is just too much for a game that is seemingly dying anyways
  • FLYINBRIFLYINBRI Registered Users 6 Posts
    I've read many posts trying to not repeat so forgive me if I am. There have been many growing pains in this game but I think it has improved much with the exception of RRC. I understand many things had to change because of cheaters/hackers. They are really the problem that forces change. With the latest updates RRC has become more critical. If you want to compete in turf you need RRC to build higher end cars. My D, C, B and even A cars are rusting in my garage. I keep hearing how game is more geared towards new players.....how? You always got cars in campaign but now you can't pinks them. You get some money from campaign but not enough to join a turf team and hit min. Not with a car that takes mils to build so you can run 6 races. The advantage is still geared to the top. If you have 50 maxed cars for each event and mils in the hundreds it would take years to build that as a new player to compete. Now I keep hearing about black market RRC as the solution. A solution offered more from top players, not new players. That doesn't seem to me to be wise solution from the game's perspective. If I were a new player who wants badly to run in a T100 team I would not only run my butt off I would want to spend some money to compete sooner and I did do that. Not for $100/1mill though and not ever from the black market. I am not a newb nor do I run on a top team. Just and average turfer who runs every week. My team has made a few T100 runs and all have decent garages but they are all broke. Currently just by racing we can make enough to throw 2 or 3 parts on an R2 or R3 a week. We may be able to run for a T100 spot in a year or 2 as will take that long to build a high end car garage with no way to make money. Keep in mind we are trying to run the game as intended. Not support the black market but not spending $100/mil either. It seems like common sense to me to lower in game RRC to black market prices. I doubt there is any sales there now anyway. Cut the price to sell RRC and make money and at the same time putting those who have exploited the game for profit out of business.
    FLYINBRI said:

I've read many posts trying to not repeat so forgive me if I am. There have been many growing pains in this game but I think it has improved much with the exception of RRC. I understand many things had to change because of cheaters/hackers. They are really the problem that forces change. With the latest updates RRC has become more critical. If you want to compete in turf you need RRC to build higher end cars. My D, C, B and even A cars are rusting in my garage. I keep hearing how game is more geared towards new players.....how? You always got cars in campaign but now you can't pinks them. You get some money from campaign but not enough to join a turf team and hit min. Not with a car that takes mils to build so you can run 6 races. The advantage is still geared to the top. If you have 50 maxed cars for each event and mils in the hundreds it would take years to build that as a new player to compete. Now I keep hearing about black market RRC as the solution. A solution offered more from top players, not new players. That doesn't seem to me to be wise solution from the game's perspective. If I were a new player who wants badly to run in a T100 team I would not only run my butt off I would want to spend some money to compete sooner and I did do that. Not for $100/1mill though and not ever from the black market. I am not a newb nor do I run on a top team. Just and average turfer who runs every week. My team has made a few T100 runs and all have decent garages but they are all broke. Currently just by racing we can make enough to throw 2 or 3 parts on an R2 or R3 a week. We may be able to run for a T100 spot in a year or 2 as will take that long to build a high end car garage with no way to make money. Keep in mind we are trying to run the game as intended. Not support the black market but not spending $100/mil either. It seems like common sense to me to lower in game RRC to black market prices. I doubt there is any sales there now anyway. Cut the price to sell RRC and make money and at the same time putting those who have exploited the game for profit out of business.

I was a top racer on my team when i raced turf. I never run top lobbies, my main stomping grounds were the 1620-50 lobbies. My specialty, was low damage builds and very good reactions. Yeah we had high rollers on the team (my term for the max out guys), they could only run the car 6 runs, then it needed repair. With my cars, i could run all day, repair at night. If they needed it, i had many 0 damage builds, that would run with the best. They weren't record breakers, but combined with my reactions on the light, i won many cars and could easily average 30-40K per turf (usually 10k a day). You are right, my numbers would never make a top tier team, but they were the best on my team every turf. This was all before the "Need to use boosts every race, even just for points" That was where, i lost the love for the game. If it wasn't for RR removing the FB app, I'd have stopped playing maybe 2-3 months after that
  • C y r u sC y r u s Registered Users 293 Posts
    @crazyjr I feel your pain. The brain trust that's making decisions for the game have completely taken tuning out of the game. Not sure why there is even an option for stages anymore, just offer pro parts and be done with it. Tuning (an art form that made the game interesting) is a thing of the past. Now maxed is all that matters. It was brought up at the last players council and one participant pushed hard for it that way. You can thank him.
    > @C y r u s said:
    > @crazyjr I feel your pain. The brain trust that's making decisions for the game have completely taken tuning out of the game. Not sure why there is even an option for stages anymore, just offer pro parts and be done with it. Tuning (an art form that made the game interesting) is a thing of the past. Now maxed is all that matters. It was brought up at the last players council and one participant pushed hard for it that way. You can thank him.

Any info you can share ?