Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Official Racing Rivals in game marketplace

Imagine setting the rivals world on fire by offering the first official in game market place for players to finally stopped being scammed!!! And safely and securely buy and sell their turf, gem and vaulted cars.
Introducing: “Racing Rivals Aftermarket”
Carbonated. I’m sure your support staff are flooded with emails from players worldwide everyday, frustrated, angry, ready to quit the game because they were yet again scammed for their cars and/or rivals cash simply trying to make a honest fair deal.
By offering a in game mrketllace for players to buy/sell their cars Carbonated helps curb scamming, peaks interest back into the game from new and older players alike, and allows rivals support staff to truly focus thieir efforts on banning cheaters and most importantly improving the overall gaming experience for all the enjoy/love playing this game.
If you love this idea. Please post, repost help get this idea to the people that can make this a reality for us everyday grinders. I’ve already posted formatting ideas to carbonated email but wanted to get this in front of as many eyes as possible.
Thanks for taking the time to read this
Sincerely, Sp3cial D3livery

Comments

• greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    edited September 2017
    It won't happen. They don't support trading. In game or not it's too much of a responsibility from their end if they commit to ever doing such a thing. Just bear in mind that whatever they say the bm is a thorn up their ass3s. The sooner they get rid of it the better...

Tell me...
    You know how much a Furai or a Mazda6 costs from the game ?.1500gems..approx 25bucks. How can you justify an in game trading system with these prices when from the bm such cars cost merely 3bucks ?? The bm is curbing the game from selling the in game showroom cars at these ridiculous prices. They can never officially support the trading aftermarket you are suggesting.,!!

Plus they don't care if you get scammed or not..pinking or trading is entirely up to you..you are your own boss at that and the risk is entirely yours.
  • Sp3cial_D3liverySp3cial_D3livery Registered Users 4 Posts
    @greenstaged thank you for your input on my idea.
    (Puts on business hat and clears throat)
    “How can you justify an in game trading system with these prices when from the bm such cars cost merely 3bucks??”
    To answer your question: I would say from a pure business standpoint is to make money. Players are getting scammed everyday and will continue to or just stop playing. Carbonated can make money from something that is going to occur anyway. I would like to say I’m not suggesting a trading system. This would be a true marketplace where sellers can your turfs for anything in game which includes cars, in game cash, gems, boost.
    Sorry my comment was posted well before I finished my thought. But yes you’re right why would anyone spend 2500 gems for a car in the showroom when they could just buy it from another player for $5. Here’s the problem, a conservative number I would say is half of those transactions end up being scams and another honest person has just lost their real money and/or cars and/or in game cash. By offering an in game marketplace carbonated can start making money on these transactions by a so called “PAY PER TRANSACTION” for the buyer. There is no cost for the seller to list a car for sale and can ask for anything in game in return (there will be parameters on quantity and how many items) but for a buyer in order to purchase a certain car for sale would need two things
    1. To have all the items the seller is requesting in return 2. To have a purchase ticket which you would need to buy from carbonated
    Example pricing:
    1 purchase ticket $1.99
    3 purchase tickets $4.99
    10 purchase tickets $9.99
    Everyone wins!!!
    Seller gets to sell their car to someone they might otherwise not be able to reach through sell groups chats and get all in game items they want.
    Buyer get car they want and no fear of ever getting scammed
    Carbonated makes money on the transaction and player confidence/moral goes up!!!!
  • JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    edited September 2017
    Acting like you have a brand new freah idea on market place. People have been asking for 5 years and it has not happened and I do not see it ever happening.

Also you "conservative number of saying half those trades are scamms". Try closer to 10% or less of trades end up being actual scams. Visit the trade section here for every 200-300 legit deals there is an actual scam.......then the scammer is black balled.

And if I end up needing to pay the game devs to do a trade I will quit and you will see many more people quit also than do from scamming. No one I repeat no one that trades legit now will pay to trade with a market place. Sorry it will not happen.
    Agree with @JohnKIV all out on this. It will never happen. The only scope of the seller (glu) is to make money by selling rrc and gems. They don't care about trading or scamming. Their only goal is money...and whilst there are pinks why go through the hassle - development work - when everyone knows that users will find a way around to avoid any sort of fees ? As long as trading is permitted - via pinks - than there is no scope for this marketplace...
    It may not be a new fresh idea and you have the right to quit if you so chose to. This is an option for players to buy and sell their cars it’s a choice not mandatory but offers a different platform that’s doesn’t involve real money transactions just in game items such as gems other cars in game cash boosts. I get it you say it will never happen I’ve been playing for over 3 years and I have never seen it happen and sometimes old ideas need to be revisited. I will keep trying to push this until someone from carbonated tells me no or I get blocked either way I’m not deterred by some negative comments we all have the right to express or ideas and opinions I respect yours and I will keep pushing mine until I get a no
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts

Imagine setting the rivals world on fire by offering the first official in game market place for players to finally stopped being scammed!!! And safely and securely buy and sell their turf, gem and vaulted cars.

Carbonated. I’m sure your support staff are flooded with emails from players worldwide everyday, frustrated, angry, ready to quit the game because they were yet again scammed for their cars and/or rivals cash simply trying to make a honest fair deal.

By offering a in game mrketllace for players to buy/sell their cars Carbonated helps curb scamming, peaks interest back into the game from new and older players alike, and allows rivals support staff to truly focus thieir efforts on banning cheaters and most importantly improving the overall gaming experience for all the enjoy/love playing this game.

If you love this idea. Please post, repost help get this idea to the people that can make this a reality for us everyday grinders. I’ve already posted formatting ideas to carbonated email but wanted to get this in front of as many eyes as possible.

There is a reason, why they "don't support trades", then they don't have to do anything about scammers. However if there is a sales section, so that does show some support. If someone scams, then they have to fix it. If no support, they can just say your fault for trading.

That said scammers and trades, does do on thing, Those scammed will probably spend money, to get their prized car back. That is a reason to not support trades, No policing, but all the profit. If they really didn't want trades, it could be bannable
    As long as pinks exists than an official trade system won't work. They go against each other. If glu opt for a trade system they will do it for a profit...if not why spending time and MONEY to implement it. But as long as pinks exists no one will use the trading system. Pinks is free.

Obviously what @crazyjr said is also very true. They will shoot themselves in the foot. They would need to police everything.
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts

The problem is dude, If they actually did it, they would have to police it, since they have a very small crew working the game (as said by RYYST about a year ago), that would strain their resources. Personally i don't really care, i rarely play and when i do there is always some abrasive dick trying to goad me into pinking with insults. Based on recent experiences, i'd never deal with anyone, legit or not
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    A lot of times I see the deal making on trading cars. Seems someone is getting ripped off almost every time.
  • Draft Tach 345Draft Tach 345 Registered Users 28 Posts
    Ive done thousands off deals on fb. Scammed twice. Thousands on ebay as a seller. Scammed less than 10 times. The marketplace has been set up for years and works well. No need for in game marketplace. How do you get scammed if you follow whats already set up
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    There are a lot of reasons as to why there is NOT an in game marketplace. I doubt we will ever see one on this version of the game but maybe if a 2nd follow up version of Racing Rivals is made you might see on there.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • MovinSmootH559MovinSmootH559 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    You guys are referring to real money when in fact he’s only talking about gems, rrc, or trading for another car. Where the actual money comes in to play is when the buyer wants to actually buy something from the seller. Though the idea is meant for the actual pricing of cars to go back to where they once were before, as long as the bm is up (it will always be up) then it’s almost never gonna happen. But keep pushing bro and don’t give up on this. 
                                     Good luck,
                            MoviN SmootH 559