Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

New turf crates

greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
Thanks for the much required update.

Can someone confirm if the drop rate is locked for Just the Stsng RE and the MR2 ? I have a ton of saved turf crates and from three accounts I managed to complete the two cars with the first 11 prints dropped. (6 for Stang and 5 for Mr2). Same for all three accounts. !!.. Not a single print for the other cars. @[rr]prodigal grim

Comments

• greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
  • BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    edited September 2017
    Somehow they are harder to get people have been getting bp for the other cars but the majority for mustang and mr2
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
    edited September 2017
    Majority ? So there are few who managed to get the falcon and nsx prints ? Dunno...but the drop rate for new crates usually do have issues. I think it could be the case as well here. It doesn't make sense... Three accounts...opened 11 crates for each account and got 6 prints for mustang and 5 for Mr 2 without getting anything Fron the others sounds like too much of a coincidence. And there again everytime this topic was raised we are always told that it's about luck. It's obvious that in this case luck does not have any say. 33 crates opened and not a single nsx or falcon print. Something is not on. Its either needs fixing or else drop rate is rigged. @Roush Sport @[rr]prodigal grim
  • SWEETRIDE95SWEETRIDE95 Registered Users 100 Posts
    I just opened 24 crates.

13 MR2
    8 Mustang
    3 Falcon

I am starting to see a pattern. it figures that the NSX is the car I would like to have a few of. I will hold my remaining crate tokens a few days. Maybe they will loosen them up for us.
  • Boffz79Boffz79 Registered Users 1,722 Posts
    Yes please fix had 110 saved not unhappy getting 6 R2 cars and 7 r class but s few nsx rr be nice
    edited September 2017
    So no one got any nsx rr ?? Have any found any prints of the honda at all ???
    edited September 2017
    > @Boffz79 said:
    > Yes please fix had 110 saved not unhappy getting 6 R2 cars and 7 r class but s few nsx rr be nice

If my math is correct you managed to open 72 crates and failed to find any prints for the falcon and nsx ? Is that it ? @Boffz79
    edited September 2017
    @Boffz79

So in total you opened 79 crates and got only 3 nsx prints ?

So you got
    6 x MR2. (30 prints - 40% drop rate)
    7 x Stang RE (42 prints - 50% drop rate)
    1 x GTO (4 prints - >5% drop rate)
    3 x nsx rr prints ??? (<5% drop rate)

I know these are given for free and strictly speaking we cannot complain but I get extremely pi55ed when they say that it's all about luck and that drop rate is not tempered.

Stats say it all. And the more crates are opened the more accurate statistics are.
    edited September 2017
    I opened 20 more. I was hoping for 1 more GTO print. Didn't get it, so I'll keep the 35 I still have for the next batch of cars.
    9 MR2
    10 Stang
    1 NSX
    0 GTO

In total for 44 prints.
    22 - mr2 (.5)
    18 - stang (.404)
    3 - gto (.06)
    1 - NSX (.02)

Your mileage may vary?

edited September 2017
    @[rr]prodigal grim are these stats for real or is there something which needs fixing ???.. The drop rate for both sets of cars is extreme !!!...only 10% chance of getting a print for either gto or nsx !!
    edited September 2017
    > @SWEETRIDE95 said:
    > I opened 20 more. I was hoping for 1 more GTO print. Didn't get it, so I'll keep the 35 I still have for the next batch of cars.
    > 9 MR2
    > 10 Stang
    > 1 NSX
    > 0 GTO
    >
    > In total for 44 prints.
    > 22 - mr2 (.5)
    > 18 - stang (.404)
    > 3 - gto (.06)
    > 1 - NSX (.02)
    >
    > Your mileage may vary?

@SWEETRIDE95

Statistics don't lie mate. You got same approx drop rate percentage @Boffz79 got.
    The stang and mr2 have a drop rate of 90% between them. The rest of 10% drop rate is for the other 2 cars. The nsx rr has a drop rate of less than 4%. That means you need to open more than 100 turf crates to complete an nsx rr !!!#... Lol lol better laugh it off. I think it's a case of taking someone for a ride by saying that it only requires 5 prints to complete !!!!!
    @[rr]prodigal grim can we have an update on ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I wonder if it's weighted like that based on points?
    The R2 & R class cars will pay better in turf and showdown, so they are distributing more of those cars.
    If we all got a shload of B class cars we'd all complain.
    We complain too I guess if we all get R2 stuff.
    Maybe they can't win.
    > @SWEETRIDE95 said:
    > I wonder if it's weighted like that based on points?
    > The R2 & R class cars will pay better in turf and showdown, so they are distributing more of those cars.
    > If we all got a shload of B class cars we'd all complain.
    > We complain too I guess if we all get R2 stuff.
    > Maybe they can't win.

No @SWEETRIDE95 . it's not it. But you're close. The nsx rr and Ford falcon are s and b class respectively. They are cheap to upgrade unlike the r and r2 classes. To upgrade these last two you'll need plenty of rrc. Since many are opening saved turf crates like crazy, plenty of rrc will be spent to upgrade these two cars. GLU wants to deplete the bm out of rrc as much as possible so that they amend the in game price for rrc. Such measures are being taken to hasten things up with their long term plan to curb as much as they can the sale of rrc from the bm.

Re complaining I am completely with you. Everyone complains whatever cars we receive. That said my complaint is quite constructive. Why are the four cars in turf crates require a number of prints to complete (which is as should be) but on the other hand the drop rate for two of them is extreme ? If they want us to believe that the nsx and falcon are rare than they should say so. The odds to get the prints should be known, same as the number of prints required. By refraining from listing the odds ( the probability) to get those cars, GLU are in a way fukking in making us believe that it all boils down to luck. It's evident that it's all coded and predetermined. No such thing as luck exists were it comes to crates. As things stand one will need to open some 120 turf crates to complete the nsx rr. Percentage drop rate for an nsx print is less than 4% right now. That's equivalent of a print every 20+ crates opened.

On the other hand I really hope that I am wrong and that something needs fixing from their end.
    It's fixed.

I managed to get a nsx rr and a Ford falcon from opening 16 crates !!!!
  • fredcarlsonfredcarlson Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 53 Posts
    I came here looking for this topic. Great topic!
    I got zero prints for NSX RR , which is kinda what I was after

What I did get was:
    3 completed MR2 RE
    3 Mustang R class
    1 Falcon

None of them are paintable, paint is locked on all 7 cars. I hear the crates are fixed to paint now maybe, but my cars are still paint locked. What's next, non pinkable cars in turf crates?? Lol
    > @fredcarlson said:
    > I came here looking for this topic. Great topic!
    > I got zero prints for NSX RR , which is kinda what I was after
    >
    > What I did get was:
    > 3 completed MR2 RE
    > 3 Mustang R class
    > 1 Falcon
    >
    > None of them are paintable, paint is locked on all 7 cars. I hear the crates are fixed to paint now maybe, but my cars are still paint locked. What's next, non pinkable cars in turf crates?? Lol

@fredcarlson

You are right. The cars you managed to complete yesterday are all non paintable and unfortunately will remain so. I found out about it the hard way...same as you did. Nothing I can do about it. Today I tried to open some more crates and was getting the nsx rr, prints which I didn't get yesterday. The drop rate for the nsx and falcon was shiit but now they fixed it. I opened other 16 crates and managed to get almost all four cars. From another account I opened some 80 turf crates which I have been saving for almost a year and managed to complete 4 nsx and 6 falcon. All paintable. Can't grumble.
  • fredcarlsonfredcarlson Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 53 Posts
    Right on man. You have the right attitude. Time to move forward. Thanks for you intelligent, well thought answer.... makes sense