Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Patch Notes 6.4.2

[RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts
edited September 2017 in Patch Notes and Hotfixes
6.4.2 is rolling out across the Apple and Google Play store. Here's what you can expect:

NOS related
  • We tweaked the NOS button to make it harder to miss. We made the button larger, increased the touch area, and nudged it down a bit!
  • Pressing the NOS button 1-2 frames before GO caused NOS not to engage. Now, NOS can be activated any time you can press “Launch". Don’t press it too early! NOS at your own risk.
Notifications
  • Tired of getting notified your engine is damaged? It will only pop-up when your car has 50% or more engine damage.
Launching
  • If you were having trouble launching because you couldn’t see the glow on the launch button under your hovering thumb, we have news for you! We made the inside of the tach glow like the Launch button.
Team Stuff
  • Team leaderboards now sort like they use to. Players will be ordered from highest points to the slow person at the bottom.
  • Team members have the online status light back.

BUG FIXES & FUNCTIONALITY
  • Fixed a bug where game hints blocked the UI.
  • Getting a 0.000 RT will no longer cause a DQ in tournaments.
  • Changed some information handling to get rid of the -11/-6 errors.
  • Some cars lost their environmental reflections part of the way down the track… Now, they stay reflective.
  • Fixed an issue where if both players lost, the results screen made it look like they lost their car. Results will now be DNF or 0.000 for both players and will not show the car being lost.
  • Fixed the sneaky lobby jumper exploit. If someone tries to race you with a car that’s rated too high, the game will let you know exactly what they did.
  • Adjusted the tutorial to provide more information to new users.
  • Brought back the countdown timer in the “Race Results” screen.

Comments

• kraykrayvrokraykrayvro Registered Users 5,626 Posts
    Does this mean nos is fixed when hitting a perfect launch with an rt under .010?
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

Does this mean nos is fixed when hitting a perfect launch with an rt under .010?

Yes
    Awesome can finally start pinking again. Been frustrated with this issue since the 6.0 update. Lost ton of cars cos of it. Glad ya finally fixed. My button still same size but all good that was never the problem. ;) Thanks Daniel
  • ep3racerep3racer Registered Users 12 Posts
    What about the Joining issue with friends? After a pink race cant challenge again the same friend, or the garage aint load up.
  • MariosaucedaMariosauceda Registered Users 33 Posts
    edited September 2017
    I was told that my shifter sticking was going to be fixed with this new update that wasn't the case still the same ball got dropped again i spend good money on this game for this to be a problem
    What problems are u having with shifting? I haven't came across any shifting problem. Are u shifting where it tells u to shift? @Mariosauceda
  • HateScammerz666HateScammerz666 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Not fixed and this update is clearly not different. Money goes wasted. Shame
  • Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    Daniel.

Error 500

I went ahead and deleted the app and redownloaded the app. When trying to load my account from the Game Center. The game throws a error 500 for the bad connection with the Game Center and defaults to a new game.

Please look into for iOS update issues.
    > @HateScammerz666 said:
    > Not fixed and this update is clearly not different. Money goes wasted. Shame

> @kraykrayvro said:
    > What problems are u having with shifting? I haven't came across any shifting problem. Are u shifting where it tells u to shift? @Mariosauceda

As soon as I hit launch perfect shifter gets stuck and can't shift by the time it let's me the other guy way ahead
  • BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    Nos button still doesn't work on iPhone 6s plus
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • [RR] Prodigal Grim[RR] Prodigal Grim Registered Users, Administrator, Moderators 206 Posts

Daniel.

Error 500

I went ahead and deleted the app and redownloaded the app. When trying to load my account from the Game Center. The game throws a error 500 for the bad connection with the Game Center and defaults to a new game.

Please look into for iOS update issues.

It's a back end thing. We've found the issue and are working to get it resolved.
    Billenium said:

Nos button still doesn't work on iPhone 6s plus

Elaborate please
  • CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    Game crashes after every race.
    Android 4.4.4 Lollipop
    Asus Memo Pad 7 LTE

Any support on this issue?
  • Mr. GershowitzMr. Gershowitz Registered Users 393 Posts
    Hi again.

Error 500 is still coming up when trying to log in after the update. Still defaulting for a new account. Won't connect to Game Center and turf just started. I'm gunna get behind on 1st event.

Any way this going to be fix soon ?

Ty
    Grim what do yawl plan to do about shifter u address everything else what about our problem
    Grim "Elaborate plz" why don't you play the game so much promises and no good results. This new update might be as worse as before or probably worst.
  • VampireguyVampireguy Registered Users 30 Posts
    Do you think for the performance crates we can see hot wheels cars in them too so we can get them?
    I'm running into a problem. Screen freezes and I can't tap on anything already tried clearing data and logging in again but nothing. Keeps happening until I restart phone then app works again.
  • BlitzChaosBlitzChaos Registered Users 418 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^Same right here
  • CHSJACHSJA Registered Users 407 Posts
    Game crashes after every race.
    Android 4.4.4 Lollipop
    Asus Memo Pad 7 LTE

AnyONE have a solution??
    I was right but even found more glitches are you serious... I'm not going to elaborate on any of it, people are already pointing it out.
  • OCretributionOCretribution Registered Users 6 Posts

Hi again.

Error 500 is still coming up when trying to log in after the update. Still defaulting for a new account. Won't connect to Game Center and turf just started. I'm gunna get behind on 1st event.

Any way this going to be fix soon ?

Ty

Im in the same boat. Put in a ticket with them days ago and haven't heard a thing back for progress. Its been over a week now that I have been dead in the water with error 500. its kind of ridiculous.
  • breakofdawnbreakofdawn Registered Users 10 Posts
    I just saw that some cars are higher rated now. Some 1650 are rated 1651 and 1656 are 1657 now. Was there a change? I don't want to retune again :s
  • greenstagedgreenstaged Registered Users 655 Posts
    @breakofdawn I noticed the change in rating as well. That said a 57 car would still be eligible for 56. Dunno what's happening.
    So people can spend more money
    Ya'll know what's the most annoying message... "your account has been updated, restart app to continue, blah blah blah, literally I can sit there and cherish my cars and boom get the noticification that's starts your game up in the middle of deals, tuning, just about anything. How can we have a peaceful time in RR, it's like we are at war with the very country that supplies us.