Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

ANY WORD ON THE TIE GLITCH

Im not sure but thought i read yesterday that the tie glitch was fixed maybe im wrong but today was racing everything going smooth then all of a sudden 3 outta 5 races right before i cross finish line phone freezes for a second then i finish race it says waiting for oppenent then sends results that come out as a tie the 3 races it happened with were with 2 people so just curious if it was suppose to be fixed or is on the to do list thanks

Comments

• Options
    BongTokes4SatanBongTokes4Satan Registered Users 5 Posts
    People who have iphones can hold the back button for 15 second and it makes the race a tie. It has happened to me numerous times this morning and it is beyond frustrating
  • Options
    2slow ty2slow ty Registered Users 509 Posts
    they basically said they can't really fix the glitch
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    What's the point of even racing anymore if pink someone and they are losing....BAM. It's a tie and no car. This crap was being pulled on me JUST FOR POINTS. WTF.
  • Options
    TheShotGunKid420TheShotGunKid420 Registered Users 99 Posts
    Oh ok 2slow ty yea its some bull i have iphone ive never once even thought about screwing other racers this game is suppose to be fun and winning and losing cars is apart of what the fun and excitement is suppose to be about but now basically all you can really do is race normal race money or pinks most likely will tie for you seeing there are more ios then droid users hopefully enough people send apple emails maybe they can figure out away to do something or cie/glu get with apple and work something out seems like every week this game falls more and more
  • Options
    ChevellesruleChevellesrule Registered Users 108 Posts
    I've been accused of dojng this to people three times in the past three days, the Servers are doing it as well, it's not always the opposing racer. I can tell when its a server issue, because the Tie screen comes up immediately, instead of taking 10-30 seconds when a scamming d-bag does it
  • Options
    Terrydunne.Terrydunne. Registered Users 221 Posts
    Yes guys it will be fixed by Christmas, which is only around the corner and also SOON...ISH!
  • Options
    Yea see ive had it only happen 3 times which was today and each time itd say waiting for racer then 10-15 seconds later go to sending tesults then 10-15 seconds later results pop up sayin it was a tie sad thing is people using it but sadder thing was it was just normal races no money/pinks involved
  • Options
    Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Let me explain it a little more for those who are new or a little confused about this. In the past, When a player disconnected from the server during the race (for whatever reason) that player would be considered "dnf" or Did Not Finish, ending in a loss. Well after this happened to several people, (those who sent mass emails complaining to CIE about lost cars and cash) CIE decided to change the DNF code into a tie. The result of the tie is so that no one loses anything. No loss in boost, cash or car. Well these wonderful exploiters have found a way to save there butts during a race. The best part is that no one loses anything. Its a cheap "race saver" as I like to call it, but in no way is it CIE's fault. They are already brain storming ways to combat this, but as everything else, it'll take time.
  • Options
    Nice post mud digger thanks for commenting on this i remember the dnfs then switching to ties then all of a sudden things ran smooth for over a month never saw dnf or tie till today just wish people would play the game fair and win fair and lose fair the hackers and scammers and loophole finders are pretty pififul doing these things i feel sorry for em
  • Options
    roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    DQ was probably a pain in the butt for Cie, but this glitch will make this game unplayable... They have 2 days to fix this... Next turf will be really messy if they don't...

They better pull a rabbit from their hat or no one will spend money on this game anymore...
  • Options
    trogdor48430trogdor48430 Registered Users 1,867 Posts
    The devs are looking into what can be done
  • Options
    Prosthetic HeadProsthetic Head Registered Users 15 Posts
    Revert it back to DNF or DQ. I'd rather lose one car over a month because I have a shiitty connection rather than not being able to race at all unless I feel like free racing and in the max lobby that is 100+ stress for no gain?
  • Options
    Prosthetic HeadProsthetic Head Registered Users 15 Posts
    DQs can be ties which means the person that would've lost their car to some speed hack doesn't lose their car, but DNF should remain DNF. Only reason those people send tickets for DNF was because they lost their precious car in a pinks race and as they saw they were about to lose they exited the app hoping that could save their asses. Now you've made it possible for them to save their asses that way.
  • Options
    HappyfucHappyfuc Registered Users 240 Posts
    this is getting out of hand. Had so many pink races that i won end in a tie its not even fun any more. Hell you have slower cars pinkin max stellas or rami's just cause they no they can end in a tie and not loose their car. its time to quit this game!